Filter By:

Cheap and terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

Had cover for cruise, was on one of the islands ready to get back on boat. As I got my sea pass I realised my little purse holder with my cash fell out. I never had time to find a police station or I would have missed my boat. I had witnesses and happy to provide a statutory declaration and they refused to pay. I would have missed the rest of the cruise, leave my family, pay for accommodation and home how to get back to Adelaide.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Maria, I'm not sure of the details of your case, so I can't comment here. If you can send through a claim number, I'll be happy to follow this up for you. If you feel the decision is unfair, the... read more »

I have deleted all the details as I feel I am getting no where with this claim that was so simple to have paid the money I lost of $1000 instead of me claiming $12000 all for a police report when I... read more »

InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi again Maria, We have hundreds of claims, so unfortunately it is impossible to find your claim in our system without a claim number - if you can provide one, we can look you up. Alternatively, yo... read more »

Do not purchase

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

This company has terrible customer service and even worse method for claiming items. I purchased the gold travel insurance for a work trip but it covers nothing.

I was unfortunate on my last break to have items stolen. The company has not looked at half my claim and did not comment. The other half was dismissed due to not being able to show a receipt. I have asked multiple times if there was another way to help with the claim such as reports etc but the have ignored this. The amount offered back to me was not acceptable, less than $200 for
a phone, computer, money and memory cards.
Customer Service was horrendous. I always had to ask the customer service agent if he had received all information needed to proceed, it seems like a computer response each time, never any empathy and willingness to help.
I have sent this further to the complaints team which can a further 3 weeks (15 business days) to look into this. The claim has already been going 2 months.

Do not buy this insurance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Serena,
I'm sorry you've had a difficult time with your claim. If you don't mind sending through a claim number, I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Hi, Thanks

I've already sent an email to the complaints department.

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

a very highs expectation of customer understanding of legal requirements and responsbilities

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

I took out a high level of insurance to account for what i thought would be a worst case scenario on my trip. A very unfortunate incident happened and I had my possessions stolen from me, only to be told by the insurer that I was required to provide receipts and other significant proof of ownership which would be fine for a person that did not travel a lot (or even then, perhaps not), going back a number of years( a minimum of 2-3 years), including for items that were provided as gifts.
My complete claim was rejected, even items for which i provided proof.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi JCP, I'm sorry you're not happy with the outcome of your claim. You'll find that all insurers will request proof of purchase in the form of receipts (unfortunately, stat decs don't count), when ... read more »

Wynn Vale

• 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Travel insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

Although I have never had to claim anything, the process of buying travel insurance was en easy effort. They have excellent car coverages which is really the main thing that I look for as we only travel within Australia. The cost us very reasonable and if you have an entertainment book they are often in there with a discount code.

Policy non existent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

Not happy at all. Would strongly recommend not to use this agent.
After taking out this policy I was sent no policy, contact details, nothing. Policy is useless.
Offshore customer service was not helpful. I have no option but to write off my losses with this agent and purchase
another insurer from a reputable agent.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi, This is quite unusual - we generally send an email with your policy details, as well as a text message with your policy number (if you opted for this added benefit). If you'd like a customer se... read more »

Cranbourne

Private message

Do you cover air travel to cruises

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I took the policy as this trip I don't need to fly. But after talking to staff I can not even tell if your policies cover air transport to the departure city or home from the departure city.

I would not use a cruise policy with you if my flights were not also covered. They are when I use competitive policies.

After further consultations, I still am no clearer on if flights are covered but they are reviewing it.

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi Sharon,
I hope I answered your questions in your private message?
InsureandGo

Yes but I'm still no closer to an answer

Gave me peace of mind which made my trip easy to relax and enjoy my time with my Grandchildren

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Yes to top two questions -
Got several quotes elsewhere and they were all much more expensive and with no free Grandchildren insurance included.
Extremely easy - Quote then purchase done on Internet all finalised in no time at all.
Didn't need support as all went well on Holiday.

Exactly what we wanted.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2017

The insurance was very easy to apply for.
Claiming was pretty straight forward as we had kept the necessary documentation.
The staff I spoke to were courteous & very helpful with our enquiries.

Insurance claim made

Don't insure your travel with these nincompoops!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Thought my policy was good value until I tried to claim!
Offshore based claim centre. Not very helpful.
Impossible to speak to an Australian.
Will delay your claim and deny your (rightful) claim hoping you'll just give up.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi NurseTracey,
Sorry you're not happy with the process/outcome of your claim; if you send through a claim number, I can look into it further if you'd like.
InsureandGo

117000037 is the claim number. It has been escalated and the new assessor hasn't bothered to read my claim properly and has denied it! Really? Is this just blatant delaying tactics hoping I'll give... read more »

InsureandGo Australia Official

Hi again NurseTracey, Thanks for providing that. I just spoke to your case officer, and she told me that your claim has been forwarded to the Internal Disputes Resolution (IDR) department; you shou... read more »

Sydney, Australia

• 2 questions
  • 1 answer
Private message

Very good Insurance for older people.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Never used customer support. Was with InsureandGo for my many trips. The price is very reasonable compared to many other insurance agents. Medical screening on line was very helpful. Ideal for older people, when most companies do not give a policy if one is above a certain age.

Verified Purchase

Competitive

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

Good Value, easy to use web site, quick and easy to set up and see what you are buying,have not had to make a claim. Fourth lot of travel insurance I have bought from Insure and Go.

1 of 63 pages

We will shortly be travelling to the US. If, due to security or terrorist concerns we cancelled out holiday, or if we were caught up in an incident would we be covered? thanks

kris asked on Apr 20, 2017

Hi, Under general exclusions, please are you able to give me a precise, Blood Alcohol Content that will permit any claims, or must we be .00 BAC with no consumption at all permitted? Kind Regards Les

Caspar asked on Apr 19, 2017

Answer this

Hi Les,
That’s a tricky question, because every event is different and everyone reacts differently to alcohol. If you are making a claim that is affected by the consumption of alcohol, then your claim would be denied, regardless of how little you may have consumed. However, if you are making a claim that is completely unaffected by alcohol, no matter how much you had consumed, it could be paid.

Hi, If my period of travel is nominated to end on a certain day, and return flights are delayed, does the complete cover carry over, until you arrive home, or must you, update your policy to cover extended, delay? regards Les

Caspar asked on Apr 14, 2017

Answer this

Hi Caspar,
Generally speaking, we would extend your policy (for free) to the same level of cover, if your flights were delayed. If you wanted to extend your trip because you were having so much fun overseas, then we would evaluate the request and potentially allow a one-off extension to the policy – but for that one you’d need to pay the difference.

See all 65 questions about InsureandGo Australia