Date Purchased: May 2017

So happy with my Hottap

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Hi, I am extremely pleased with my Joolca Hottap.
I am retired and live alone.
When the Hottap arrived in the post, I was impressed with the very clear instruction manual.
I studied the instructions and managed to get it connected and working the first time round.
The water pressure is excellent. The temperature I set on the dial is consistently the same for the whole duration of my shower time.
The gas ignites the moment I turn on the cold water tap. The moment I turn off the tap, the gas extinguishes.
The unit does not get hot after a 1
5 minute shower.
I have it positioned as per the instructions and it is not exposed to rain.
I cover it when not in use.
I have a good feeling that I will enjoy very affordable showers for a long time to come.
It will cost me approximately $20 in Swap & Go gas for the 9 kg gas bottle every 3 months.
I was paying around $150 every 3 months for Origin gas hotwater system where I live.
Origin has a monopoly on gas hot water where I live and perhaps that's why their charges for hot water are about double what they charge for electricity every 3 months.
The Hottap will have paid for itself in 6 months from now.
I bought it about 3 weeks ago.
Lyndall in Brisbane. May 25, 2017

• 5 helpful votes

Date Purchased: May 2016

Wonderful!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2017

As a non camper i.e. only a caravanner, I was more than pleasantly surprised at how wonderful this is! We bought the ensuite tent as well, and hey presto, our own private shower/change room. I do not like camping but since our caravan does not have an ensuite, we bought these 2 items. I could rave on about how wonderful they are are but I won't. Just one thing, make sure you read the instructions! My husband, who doesn't believe in reading instructions, had a very cold shower. He didn't know the HOTTAP needed batteries to work. Can highly recommend buying the 2 items together!

Clean dogs at last!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Worked really well..easy to set up..my dogs weren't so impressed. .lol..first bath in a while as I usually have to use cold water. Just connected the hose, hung the HOTTAP on the fence, hooked up the gas bottle, turned on the tap.. warm water within no time at all... and ... clean dogs

Date Purchased: May 2016

Love the Joolca Hottap Shower

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

I have undertaken a video review since I really like this product. It just works and have had many a nice hot shower out in the bush.

I plug this in directly to my camping trailer water pump and then hook up the gas and she is ready to go. Definitely recommend it.

Also need to mention the excellent after care we received when we did have an issue. This was all sorted out very quickly. Incredible customer service.

Date Purchased: May 2017

Hottap

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Awesome product and just what we wanted. We have recommended to all our friends.
Simple to use and instructions make using it a breeze. Excellent delivery service and arrived in New Zealand
very quickly. We have a camper van and do dog agility all over New Zealand and a lot of camping friends will be very interested.
Bob Lygo

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Happy llamas

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2017

Love the new Hottap! Llamas much happier with a warm bath. Much less spitting lol!
I was worried it may not have enough pressure to penetrate the thick fleece, but the adujustable shower head worked beautifully. Only hiccup is it goes out occasionally ( no wind blowing).
Very happy indeed!
Thanks Joolca

• 5 answers

Date Purchased: Mar 2017

Great Unit, Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

Purchased as a temporary fix for no hot water during renovations. It is being used daily for showers etc and it is wonderful. we decided that 39 degrees was the most comfortable for showers and have now marked the settings to make it easier at start up. Once going we've found the temperature remains consistent. Unit is under a verandah and have had no issues with gas blowing out. Shower head with sliding switch was almost impossible to turn on but contacted Joolca and they sent the new model showerhead free of charge and it is so much easier to use. The hose to the showerhead started to bulge at the connection and just recently split but again, contacted Joolca and a free replacement sent. I have never used a unit like this before but read many, many reviews of products before purchasing and this one seemed to consistently get the best. Even though I have had a couple of minor problems I still think the unit is excellent value for money and the customer service the best I have ever come across.

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Love it! A great buy for us :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2017

Bought our Hottap late last year, and the ensuite tent earlier this year. Used our Hottap and Ensuite tent at Easter, finally!

Ensuite tent was bloody easy to set up, love it! Plenty of room inside, even for my wide load :).

Also the setup of the hot water was similarly easy as. Had a 100 water tank that I got at Aldi, pumped up some water from the Murray and filled it, then connected everything to it.

Worked mostly really well. A couple of times the hot water didn't light - don't know if that was due to a breeze or what, but a simple
on-off of the shower head restarted it no worries. And the new shower head is really good, although it has to be turned off rather precisely or it will still drip leak for a while.

Heat output was great - we had to turn it down almost fully low as the water drum pre-heated the water in the sun, and was coming out extremely warm from the shower!

Overall, love it and it'll get plenty of use :). Next year we will camp closer to the river so we can pump direct and have longer showers hehe :)

Ease of use and setup cannot be faulted, and all my dealings with Joolca have been very positive. Highly recommended :)

Brisbane

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers

Not so Great.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

I bought the unit recently after wanting to upgrade from my Aquacube.
After the second time I used the unit, the hose came out of the shower head. Not happy on top of that the first time I used the unit, it got to 47 degrees Celsius. After the second time I used it it was not getting past 38degrees Celsius.( The water source was from a creek that was pretty cold.)
My neighbour has the same unit and has had the shower head replaced twice due to the on and off switch braking and the hose coming out of the shower head.
He decided to buy a spray
nozzle with an on and off switch which He then customised and now works well.
He also told me that the unit won't heat the water to maximum temperature if the water is really cold to start with.
I don't think that the Hot tap is what it is cracked up to be and think that you should be able to get a lot more use out of a product before having to replace anything or the product not achieving its maximum temperature because the water is too cold to begin with.
However I will customise it and run the water through the shower head which will then heat the water up to the maximum setting I've been told.
Bit of a pain though having to do all this.

Comments
Joolca HOTTAP Official

Hi There. Firstly I'd like to apologise for the issues you've experienced with your Joolca Experience. I'm a bit confused about what you mean about the hose coming off the shower head? That shoul... read more »

Yulara

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Unhappy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2017

So. I live remote and was excited to get the Joolca Outing installed at home to use rainwater instead of borewater. It worked well for about 4 days, then .... :(
The switch on the shower head has stopped working. The water continues to flow. It is a flimsy piece of .... (I'll keep this civil). I can't just pop down to Bunnings (as it is 5 hours away) to buy a switch, and it is the weekend so I can't call Joolca. If I could I would request a new one (actually about 10 as I think it will keep happening). Joolca I think you should spend some time and money investing in a robust shower head for what is otherwise a good system. It's the weak link....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Joolca HOTTAP Official

Hi There, Very sorry for getting tot his one so late, I did actually reply a few days ago but noticed now that it must not have submitted. I'm also very sorry for your troubles, it would certainl... read more »

• 1 question
  • 13 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Brilliant bit of kit worthy of an award

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

I purchased a Joolca Hottap Hot water system for our Jayco Swan about a year ago. Finally got around to unpacking it and permanently installing it on the drawbar. Checked the heat output to ensure the front bed is not at risk and there's almost 500mm clearance and no heat issues even after 5 minutes running time. This system is simply brilliant and so easy to use. Connect water in, connect water out, connect gas and away we go. Temperature setting for hot water means the kids won't get scalded. I bought several options as well including the cover and storage bag, and the shower stand and the gas quick connect a little later as described below.

Even though I purchased the Hottap more than 12 months ago, I did not actually set it up and permanently install it until yesterday. It's first run was yesterday and in doing so, I discovered that my kit was missing a couple of water quick connectors and a screw in red male connector. I contacted Joolca and spoke with Cameron and despite having purchased the item more than 12 months ago, and not having set it up to test until yesterday, Cameron was very quick to offer to send the items to me at no cost and by express post. That's what I call great service in support of a great product. Just to add to this great service, on 26 Dec 16, Joolca had a Boxing Day sale where all accessories where 50% off. That's when I got the gas quick connect and shower stand. If you buy from them and subscribe you get sent emails with these great offers and they're real not crap like some companies. Ensuite tent is next on the shopping list. I haven't found a better quality ensuite with the functionality offered by the Joolca tent.

I cannot recommend this hot water system highly enough and the outstanding customer service from Joolca. Several of my mates have these too and all rave about them. That's why I bought one. Great company to deal with and its all Australian. Good on you people.

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 23 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Works very well

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

Works well in my situation and have been using for a couple of months,i have mains pressure water supply and it does not seem to use a lot of lpg gas.What more can i say to satisfy product reviews 50 word minimum for a review on the joolca hot tap other than the suppler seems to be very helpful.

1 of 5 pages

The switch on the shower head is almost impossible to turn on. Thought it would loosen up with use but it has got worse. Is it possible to get a replacement head with a switch that works?

Marg asked on May 01, 2017

Hi Marg

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Can you get in touch with our support team at support@joolca.com.au or 1300 669 500 and they'll sort you out :)

Cheers!

has anyone used one for a horse wash? I'm a bit worried the flow rate might be a bit weak. also can a normal size hose be connected as the output hose? I am replacing a unit that i used very successfully but when something went wrong no-one would repair it as it turned out not to be to Aust standards. Don't want to make that mistake again. thanks in advance.

solomon asked on Apr 08, 2017

Answer this

Hi Solomon. I've never washed a horse so I don't know what the special requirements are. I suspect lots of pressure and water flow. I use mine for showering and when connected to mains pressure, it's not dissimilar to the showers at home in our bathrooms. As such I would have thought using it to wash a horse would be as effective as any mains pressure tap. in terms of water temperature and flow rate, it's great, again, with mains pressure. Personally, I think it's a great bit of kit and would recommend it.

thanks, I was a bit worried I would be there forever trying to get the suds out.

Great answer by Solomon. We've got lots of customers using the HOTTAP as a horse wash successfully :) Keep in mind that if you're not happy, send it back for a refund :P

Cheers, Mac.

Have used the unit twice. First time we had an issue with the getting power to the pump near the river when using the 20mtr hose with a 7mtr power cable. Solved this problem by buying a $400 battery pack. Not happy. Second time over the w'end the temperature on the unit was all over the place. Started easily and went up to 30c quickly but that's where it stayed on full gas, low water. Was nowhere near hot enough. Full gas full water...20c and cold water. Next morning, started the unit again...same settings and 50c before dropping to nothing. Assume this was the breeze, but couldn't understand how we could get such a massive change in water temperature. Any ideas?

GB asked on Feb 27, 2017

Answer this

Hi GB! Thanks for reaching out to us. There are certainly other (and cheaper) ways of getting power to your pump down the river other than buying a $400 pump pack, but they are a good piece of kit and I'm sure useable for many other things.

Regarding your unit, have you tried ringing us yet? We'd be more than happy to help and troubleshoot exactly what is happening - please call on 1300 669 500. Cheers :)

See all 40 questions about Joolca HOTTAP JCA11001