White doors going yellow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I purchased a Kaboodle kitchen and installed it no problem.

Over a period of time I noticed two of the white gloss doors go yellow, I purchased 10 doors among other components.

If they all went yellow I would cope with the problem, but the two doors stand out.

Wrote an email to Kaboodle without a response, the most disappointing part of the experience is Kirrawee Bunnings. They do not back the products they sell and the lady was rude, Bunnings need to back the products they sell.

• 3 helpful votes

Don't waste your time.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 14, 2017

I ordered a kaboodle kitchen on the 23rd or March and almost 2 months waiting it's still not complete. Upon arrival of the cabinetry and doors etc they had doubled up on hinges we didn't need and left out our soft close door hinges we paid for. We found the rangehood cabinet was damaged so we went back to bunnings to exchange that, then whilst putting the doors together we had a few damaged so had to go back and exchange those also but the absolute worst part of kaboodle is their benchtops.

So get this. After 4 weeks of ordering my kitchen m
y benchtop had arrived. 2 of the 3 pieces were fine. However one piece they had cut 350mm short from what the drawing was. We then had to reorder the piece again. It has now been almost 3 weeks from re order of my benchtop piece and whilst the staff at bunnings have been extremely helpful and empathetic they too are getting frustrated. After constant emails back and forth from the supplier with our correct size highlighted on every email and on every drawing the benchtop arrived this week only to be cut the wrong size again..

So its now been 2.5 months. I still have no benchtop, I can't install my sink or cooktop. I can't order my glass splashback till the benchtop is in and I am absolutely fed up by now and they haven't compensated me one bit for all the trouble we've been through.

I would suggest to pay a little more and get it somewhere else. Kaboodle are absolutely hopeless.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best service I ever got

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

I had installed a FlatPax (Kaboodle of yesteryear) kitchen 9 years ago and 11 months ago. Finally getting around to renovating and decided to change the 3 cabinet doors that had discoloured.

After chatting with Gloria from Northlakes Bunnings, she reminded me there is a 10 Year warranty in the flat pax- now Kaboodle- kitchens. All I had to do was take photos of the kitchen discolouration and remember where and when we bought it ( turns out we FOUND THE RECEIPT but Gloria said she'd find the sales details from the store - a different store
than hers- if we no longer had receipts).

Within 10 days of chatting with Gloria, receipts and photos were sent to Mark at Kaboodle and, with less than a month left on my warranty, EVERY DOOR, KICKPANEL AND END PANEL WAS REPLACED- delivered to my door!!! 10 DAYS!!!!
We were also upgraded to a better, more expensive product.

Service like no other. Thank you Kaboodle. You have a VERY happy customer.

• 4 helpful votes

Incompetence behind belief

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

AWFUL EXPERIENCE . I ordered my kitchen at the beginning of March 2017 from Bunnings Collingwood and was told there would be a 2 week delay in getting the benchtop delivered from Kaboodle. So we arranged construction to occur in 3 weeks time (via The Inside Project) to be conservative. After 2 weeks I asked Bunnings Collingwood when I could expect delivery of the benchtop and that's when the nightmare began. Here I am 6 weeks later, after countless phone calls to Bunnings Collingwood (their staff were great) all I got was vague promises from Ka boodle on when the benchtop would be delivered. Then after escalating my complaint to the state manager, Kaboodle gave us a guaranteed delivery date (4 weeks from my order) which they failed to deliver. So here we are, on April 22nd, more than 6 weeks after I placed my initial order. I was guaranteed by Kaboodle (via Bunnings) that the benchtop would be delivered last Tuesday. I'm typing this review on Friday at 4pm, and despite being assured every day this week that the benchtop was coming "tomorrow" it still hasn't arrived. We've already delayed construction, and the actual install is happening this coming Monday. I advise people to NOT BUY KABOODLE. This company will take your money in a very efficient manner, but will fail to deliver on anything else (except broken promises). You've been warned.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mackay

• 5 comments
  • 1 question
  • 10 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Easy to assemble but hardware is awful

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2017

I installed a Kaboodle kitchen 3 years ago. Very straight forth for someone who is handy with flat packs. I built it entirely on my own. We opted for a metalic gloss finish (I have forgotten the name of the colour- maybe cremasala?)
We also purchased the thick stone composite bench top and I hired a router and routed the stove and sink holes without a problem. The bench top came with a stone router peice that did the job well. When installing I noticed a lack of screws. When I contacted bunnings they said that it was correct. However when I be
gan installing hinges and drawer brackets I decided to check the displays at my local bunnings. I discovered every single corner hinge had an extra screw in it. When I queried it they told me it was only due to damaged floorstock that they reinforced the hinges by fixing an extra screw.
This should have set off alarm bells however I kept going.
Once fronts where on I opted for the low profile handles which sit at the top of each drawer. These look great however are not manufactured at perfect right angles. Meaning all those perfectly spaced drawer fronts soon begin to stick when soft closing because they are hitting the handles. Very frustrating to have to rescrew all fronts to allow for this discrepancy. These handles are also quite sharp so if you have small clumsy children around be warned. They can cut you up good.
Another thing I found was the skirting boards and clips are not enough to stop the boards from moving a little. Even when silicone has been finished above the tiles. I had to get even more screws and screw down from the inside of the cabinets and into the tip of the skirting for it to be solid.
The bench top itself is fantastic. Best investment. The corner line blends well. One thing that sucks is on your island benches the back panels will have a join. This looks cheap. So cheap. Check it out in store. Unless it has changed in three years I wouldn't recommend bothering with their panels. We actually just got another peice of stone bench top and made a "waterfall" the entire length of the island. Obviously much more expensive but it's the one thing that people comment on when they see our kitchen. It also makes it much more durable..
The soft close drawers are still working well. The soft close doors however are total rubbish. Our pantry hinges stuffed up within a year and no longer soft close. Our corner cabinet door is the worst. 2 sets of hinges not to mention having to flip the door and rescrew new holes as the predrilled plugs that it came with just fell out. Awful.
All in all. If you're looking for a cheap-ish kitchen and have the skills to diy it's worth it, just expect to get what you pay for

very attractuve kitchen

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2017

just installed a charcoal kitchen for friends, this was my 6th caboodle, but first touch door and drawer one, had a problem setting up as normal gap between door and cupboard is around 2 mm, the drawer setup is more than 5mm with drawers standing out, we ended up getting all info of youtube. just to point out another fault with a sink base unit the front rail should be turned allowing the cut for sink, extra holes on same hole pattern would be good, my opinion is ,get an experienced installer to do kitchen as from step 1, if floor is not level your in trouble straight away,
looking forward to my next one.

Kaboodle kitchen

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2017

Only 2 years old and at great expense (in my eyes) for a kitchen that is falling apart. Expected a but more life out of it. Doors are always falling off, taking half the cabinet with it. Need to use fillers etc so the door can be put back on. 2 years! Remember that when looking at this product. Not happy Jan!

• 1 answer
Private message

Warranty help response update not feeling ripped off any more

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

The response from kaboodle has been great their warranty has been true to their word and have replaced every panel all 50 of them doors, panels etc big job for me though picking everything up an pulling out the old an replacing with new an oh my so much cardboard to despose of lets hope the new ones last a little longer than the ones that went yellow, a little overwhelming it all has been but kaboodle has been helpful an very nice am a lot happier than last week, from sha

• 1 answer

White Gloss Gone Yellow

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

Put gorgeous white gloss kitchen in 2013 and noticed last year cupboard fronts going yellow. Kadoodle replaced them with their "new" white called Egg White. Which looks to me like the white ones gone yellow! Will not be replacing them with that, I do not like the colour!

• 1 comment
Private message

Still waiting to get bench top fixed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

15th May 2017 the debarcle with my bench top has finally ended. 5 months later. I found out that the person who i was dealing with had taken on too much or bitten of more than he could chew. That... read more »

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Amazing kitchen for an amazing price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2017

We recently renovated our kitchen with a new Kaboodle kitchen. We had a quite tight budget and thought we would start by looking into the kitchens at Bunnings.

With our budget we had in mind, we went through the process of designing and planning our kitchen at Bunnings. We found the process very easy and user friendly. The design process and help we got we couldn’t fault and then it was just a matter of building the kitchen.

We had our kitchen delivered and to our disappointment 2 of the doors got damaged during the delivery. Bunnings wer
e really helpful and organised replacements doors straight away.

Putting the kitchen together ended up being easier than what we expected and we are so happy with the finished result!! We went with the Euro oak timber bench top, Alpine doors in antique white colour. All doors are soft closing. So amazing what could be done in such a tight space! The way the kitchen looks now you would think we spent 3 times more than what we did. Very happy customers and highly recommend Kaboodle kitchens!!

1 of 4 pages

The plastic wrapping covering door and drawers does it stay or peel it off?

Jeaney asked on Apr 01, 2017

Answer this

If u dont take the plastic off the doors n things it tends to become ratty an looks dirty after a while it is there to protect the product petina an the longer it is on the doors the harder to take off an the original colour will be stifuled so common sence would dictate take the plastic off

Thankyou
That helps also
What can i use to take sticky marks of such as price tag glue

Peel it off. Doesn't do much anyway.

Does anyone know if the Kaboodle cabinets and bench tops are made from water resistant particle board as is used by professional cabinet makers (ie the green color chips board)?

JJ41 asked on Dec 02, 2016

Answer this

I have had a look at the bench tops and they do not appear that sort of green/blue colour that normal water resistant particle board so I am assume that the Kaboodle chipboard is not water resistant. Anyone had problems with Kaboodle cabinets/drawers or bench tops swelling due to water ingress?

Update 20 Dec 2016 - Bunnings have confirmed thta the cabinet chipboard is not water resistant type.

i bought a set of w50610 soft close draw runners, and they could not remove guide from runner. i took them baack to bunnings who replaced them, with the same result. i live 50kms from my nearest bunnings storeand am not happy. what do you propose i do now????

norma asked on Nov 23, 2016

Answer this

What do you mean...'could not remove guide from runner'? Can you be more specific.I am currently putting a kaboodle kitchen together and have just done the drawers after much angst but I have now new found knowledge of what can go wrong in this aspect.

I found the same, could only get one out of 12 undone. There's 2 holes towards the other end that will be attached to the cabinet that must be aligned ie align the holes on the outer 2 layers of the runner, THEN move black plastic up or down and pull out the inner drawer guide. Not that this is in the instructions, oh no, that would be too helpful! My husband worked it out infuriatingly quickly after I'd spent ages trying to undo all 12. He says this is a perfect illustration of why instructions should only be read as a last resort. My bad for reading instructions first. Come on Kaboodle, would it kill you to put that info in the leaflet?

See all 8 questions about Kaboodle Kitchen