All good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2014

All good so far. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. The only thing is the turbo button which you have to keep pressing... but I guess that's not a deal breaker. I'm happy. Great service. Love Kogan gear.... I have bought other stuff & have been happy.

+ Much cheaper than the $2000 Termomix & very similar.

- Turbo button doesn't stay on

Never Worked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2014

Admittedly, I never used it for a few weeks after I bought it, but when I eventually got around to trying it out, it never even turned on - despite reading instructions (they only give u a link to their online site) and carefully checking all the connections. No recipes included either. Kogan gave me a store credit to replace the faulty item.

+ Price

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Goldie, As with all appliances and/or electronic goods, a small percentage of goods can have faults. You can rest assured that all products supplied by Kogan and are fully covered under extensi... read more »

Australia

Replacing the Blade cover and Butterfly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

After blending my Blade Cover and Butterfly I contacted Kogan and after only about 3 weeks in the mail I received a new Blade Cover and Butterfly FREE! I honestly can't complain about that. :) I would say the only downside to this appliance is that it didn't come with a cookbook.

Anna Bay

Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2014

Have not done a lot with it yet but found it good for making soup, cakes, rissotto. It can be used for steaming and other applications but have not tried these as yet. Found it a bit messy trying to get stuff out when I had used the butterfly blade, probably ok if it is a runny consistancy

+ That you can chop, heat, stir

- Having to add blades for different tasks

Australia

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

No Blxxdy good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2014

I was so disappointed ,mainly because there was no instructions and the online info told me nothing eg how to use the extra attachments and not even a receipt to try and familiarize how to use it
My wife now wants me to take it to the saint vinnies shop as it just taking up bench space

+ Crushed ice

- No manual or BASIC receipt

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lynpj. As an online business, Kogan do not send any physical paperwork with our products. Your receipt and tax invoice would have been sent to you electronically at the time of purchase, as wou... read more »

Yarrawonga

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers

Not worth it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2013

I purchased my Thermoblend last November before it was actually released as I did not want to miss out, I received it just prior to Christmas but did not use it until I moved into our new home in June. At first it was really good except for the lid to the top basket it was bowed and that was how I unpacked this from the box. I then found the heating function was not working and my steamed vegeta Read more bles where uncooked (it was fine before). To top it off the handle just come away from the large jug on inspection this had only been glued on so no surprise that it just come away. I contacted Kogan about this unit they messed me around for weeks I finally got a shipping label and posted this unit back they have since advised me that it can take up to 28 days to process my refund. I have asked several times if this is going to include my extended warranty that I purchased - as the unit failed within the normal warranty period. I have sent so many emails to them over the last few weeks and they rarely answer when they do it takes days to receive a reply. I was a big Kogan fan until this happened and had purchased other products from them - I will never ever buy from them again there customer service is shocking.

- Bad Warranty & Customer Service, Failed after only 4 weeks of use, Fell Apart,

3 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Di, Sorry to read that you had problems with your TB.
I have my TB for 11 months now and use it very regulary and so far not 1 problem. Love it very much. Makes cooking so much easier.

Hi Anneke,I have just received one but desperately need receipes specifically for the TB.My first try was pumpkin soup following the other products receipe and the SS jug had burn marks inside from... read more »

Hi, I would also be interested to know if there is a cook book to reference, it would certainly encourage me to get one.

PERTH

• 3 answers

so far excellent.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2013

Kogan TB, amazing value, pretty much a thermomix without the scale built in. even has feature equivalent to the reverse function of a thermomix. works excellent and i have found a heap of recipe's on facebook group. I have at least 12 months warranty, and paid a tenth of the price of a thermomix. I cant be happier, even if i have to send it back a couple of times in the first twelve months as per other peoples experience. thanks kogan :)

+ cheap, feature rich, actually works !!!

- no recipe's, gotta do a little research.

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Hi, can you please elaborate on the kogan's reverse function? I've been looking high and low for a thermomix imitation that does just that. Thank you

Jan, it doesn't reverse, it has a blade cover which effectively means it stirs but doesn't chop.

Oh that's good to know. Can the blade be fixed on even when there's other food in the bowl though? Like with mashed potatoes the potatoes are chopped first, then whipped in the last minute or so with the butterfly bade attachment

perth

• 1 answer

it worked perfectly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

friend has the original thermomix and raves about it so when I saw the Kogan thermoblend I thought I would give it a go, I followed a thermomix recipe for Leek and Potato soup and it worked really well for a first time user.The soup was delicious and it only took just over 30mins from start to finish, one happy husband not much washing up either.

+ I liked that its really easy to follow the instructions, so long as you follow the process of the timer temp etc you shouldnt have a problem

- it needs its own recipe booklet or website

Purchased at: Kogan

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Perth

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Damaged blade cover and butterfly attachment replacement cost 2/5 of machine price to replace

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2013

Blade cover and butterfly attachment came off during use and chopped into 10 pieces within seconds. Easy enough done and I would assume an expected problem. Other brand replacements are around $15. Why is the TB $69 for one of the small plastic attachments? I'm happy to accept responsibility for the damage but how can two small molded plastic component we valued at more than two fifths of the Read more total cost of machine. I had recommended the machine to friends as a great low cost alternative but now have change my opinion. Poor show Kogan, given your companies public outcry over expensive HDMI cables.

+ Works well for the price paid

- replacement parts are far too expensive at $69 a picece for plastic blade covers

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

I bought the Thermoblend 2 weeks ago and am still to use it. I downloaded the instruction book but this obvious poor translation told me on,y how to turn the machine on and off and no indication a... read more »

I agree, I have just opened mine only to find no instructions! That is so unprofessional.

Kogan Official

Hi Louise. All of our user manuals are available online. You can access your thermoblend manual here: http://media.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KATMX25AIOA-A.pdf

No cook book

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2013

I am extremely disappointed that there is no cook book available for download !! There is going to be too much trial and error involved using this appliance. Sorry I bought it! I would have thought that an appliance such as this would be accompanied by a more detailed user manual and some basic cooking instructions!

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

I have the same problem. I just got my machine this morning and I have to look in thermomix for recipes. I hope it will work with this.

Devonport

Great kitchen utensil

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2013

Have my machine for 5 months now it sits on the bench and I use it almost daily for chopping or blending or cooking I still haven't used it to its full capability but until now I love it and so far have not struck a major issue also the price is very reasonable thanks Kogan

3 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Where do you find recipes for thermoblend?

• 6 comments

Lower if I could!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2013

After two weeks of loving my TB it broke down....lots of noise, but no spinning blades...would shut itself off intermittently....overloaded on very few ingredients...sizzled when turned on. Very disappointing....if they fixed the issues it would be good value for money. On one Facebook recipe sharing site it appears 50% of those on the site have had to return the.... Very poor quality control....

+ When it worked well, it could do anything!

- Too many issues to count. Broke down, sent back after two weeks.

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

You must have just a bad one. I've got my TB for over 7 weeks, use it everyday, sometimes 3 times a day. Works perfect, never had any problems. But you have to stick to the users manual as well. W... read more »

Mine is just fantastic - I've been cooking all my life now 70 - batched till I got married first time at 49 - wished I had one then I could have had more time to chase more beautiful women !!!! ... read more »

Incorrect statistic about 50% of FB users machines breaking down. Please be careful when citing statistics that you have your facts correct first.

1 of 4 pages

Click to rate

Already registered? Sign in.

Incorrect please try again

By submitting a review, I accept ProductReview's Posting Guidelines and Terms of Use Policy.