Better than expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2015

I had attended a presentation for the "other" all in one food preparation machine and was blown away, but I just wasn't in a position to purchase. Wanting to serve my family fresh foods in a quick and easy manner forced me in to looking for an alternative, and the best value for money product I found was the ThermoBlend.

Apart from a few differences, lower cooking temp, blades need to be changed, and a more manual process, I can't fault the product. Recipes can be adapted from TM ones. I am very happy with my purchase and will continue to purchase from Kogan in the future.

• 2 answers

No Manual

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

So not happy. Cant use my brand new machine because I can't get a manual.
Tried last week to follow the link and kept getting system error. Responded to their email with this problem No Response
Today can't get on to website at all.
Can't lodge a question through Facebook (Same response)
It is just taking up bench space because I have no idea how to use it.

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Pauline, Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to access the user manual. I will include the links for both the user manual, and also a starter recipe b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA

Why all the negative reviews??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2015

I have read many negative reviews about this unit, but mine is excellent. I use it every single day for my family, and it has encouraged my kids to eat a wider range of fresh food. I can't compare it to a thermomix, I have never had one. For the price, it is an amazing, reliable little unit. If anyone is looking for more recipes. the Bellini book is available online, and a fabulous, extended resource. Lack of recipes was my only concern.

Purchased at: Gumtree

3 people found this helpful, do you?

cobaw

• 8 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

great versatile product especially for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2015

I got my TB while kogan were offering free shipping and I haven't looked back. I was daunted when I unwrapped it and found the 'instruction manual' totally useless but I had read some of these reviews beforehand so I knew if I googled for help I would find it. Don't know whether they've changed the design but mine does cook and steam at the same time which is a complaint a lot of people here have Read more had about it. I've made mashed potato in the SS jug and steamed fish and greens in the steamer at the same time. It also has a mixing blade without sharp bits and a plastic mixing thing so I guess that means you don't need the reverse function that Thermomix has. I used the plastic thing for risotto and it worked well. I've been having great success with my TB so far using thermomix recipes and making up stuff through trial and error. I love that I can cook and blend in the one machine without dirtying two appliances. It looks like a spaceship on my bench top and luckily I have big kitchen as it is quite large. I have no complaints about this product so far.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

3 people found this helpful, do you?

Collinsville

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine of Read more f for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

australia

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

Cairns

• 3 answers

Excellant good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2014

i bought one before Christmas unfortunately I had problems with it i got in touch with kogans and they replaced it immediately, Actually it arrived christmas eve
very happy with the product and the great service

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 50 comments
  • 1 question
  • 16 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Exellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2014

I am still in love with my TB. Bought it 2 years ago and it is still going strong. Use it nearly everyday and so far never had any problems with it. Glad I didn't buy the expensive TM as the Tb does exactly the same job.

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments

After 18 months my TB is still going strong. No problems at all. It is together with my 2 Air Fryers the best kitchen gadgets I've ever bought.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

Great...almost a thermomix for a fraction of the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2014

I've had my Thermoblend for around a year now and still use it 4-5 times a week. I'd say it has 85% of the Thermomix functionality for 15% of the price. No regrets. I don't often cook whole meals in it as I find it (and the Thermomix) tend to just make slop however I do use it for veggie prep, cooking off onions, making bechemal sauce, dough and smoothies/frappes.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

Great for quick no stir risotto etc. but it burns and is noisy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

As stated above, I cook risotto and chicken casseroles mainly. Great for quick 1 pot recipes with ease but the unit becomes noisy after 20mins. The lid starts warping from the heat and you're left with 3 burn marks around the inside of the bowl near the blade! Has its benefits but drawbacks too...

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

All the bells and whistles for much less

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2014

Have had for 2 months now and so far has been great! I probably use this machine 2-3 times a week so it wasn't worth me paying $2k for the TB's fancy cousin. There's a very limited cook book available, but I adapt other thermo cooking recipes and so far we have not had any mealtime failures. Only thing that's prevented full 5 stars is that the little measuring/hole cover cup has cracked! Not sure Read more how I managed that but have contacted Kogan and hoping a replacement will be on the way soon. Overall it's an impressive machine for the price and although there's not the 'community support' you can get from TM I have found plenty of online recipes and Facebook groups to help out with any thermocooker.

1 of 4 pages

KATHMXBENXA

Just got my thermoblend this week. Downloaded the manual and read it from cover to cover. It does not have simple things like "how do i remove the jug from the base unit" and "how do I change the blades". It has so far taken me 30 mins to get the thing out of the packaging!!! 45 mins looking up how to get the jug off (no instructions, but I tipped it towards me and that worked), now I want to remove the chopping blade and repace it with the other one. I don't want to force it, but geeze it is frustrating. Any tips?

Kerri asked on Aug 22, 2015

Answer this

There's a lever on the bottom of the jug. You push the lever across and it will release the blade so you can just pull it out. When you put the blade back in you need to push the lever back across to lock it in.

Also I think you must have downloaded the recipe book rather than the user manual. The user manual has the instructions on placing the bowl and releasing the blade etc. It's on page 7. There are 2 guides so if you go to the Kogan website you'll be able to download the other manual that it sounds like you don't currently have.

Hi Kerri,

Thanks for your question.

As per the previous answer, this information is included in the user manual which you can find at the link below:

If you require any further assistance with the unit at all,

KATHMXBENXA

Anyone have a recipe for boiled rice in the Kogan thermomaster?

ronnmoss asked on Aug 18, 2015

Answer this

No, but I would check out the Bellini cookbook online. If there is a recipie, that is where you will find it.

KATHMXBENXA

Hi. I am having trouble assembling either blade. In both instances we find it impossible to lock the blade into place even though correctly inserted. Took delivery of the Thermoblend2 on Friday and am still unable to use it. Have followed instruction manual. Help?!!

JIC asked on Aug 10, 2015

Hi JIC,

Thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting the ThermoBlend set up.

Are you able to confirm whether the issue appears to be with the blades themselves or the locking mechanism on the ThermoBlend?

The insertion of the blades should be rather simple so if they are not locking into place, it may be an issue with either the blades or the unit.

I also suggest contacting our Support team directly, https://www.kogan.com/au/contact-us/. It would also be helpful if you were able to provide some photos of the issue or even a short video demonstrating the fault.

See all 50 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend Pro All-in-One

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details