• 1 question
  • 9 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Would love it more if I could get the damned lid on!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Overall it does what it should and does it well. My issue has been the lid, I even sent it back to be looked at.
The lid is a hassle to get on, takes 10 to 20 attempts. I have tried rubbing oil on it but at the end of the day, you shouldn't have to do this.
When it eventually goes on, it's crooked and has a gap under one side. I sent a few photos when I emailed Kogan and they didn't see this as an issue so I will presevere and just put up with it.

Adelaide, SA

• 12 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 6 answers
  • 25 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Everyone can live without this in their life

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2016

If you are a confident cook I wouldn't bother, you'll just be annoyed with the end result and having to clean the thing is far more painful than watching an episode of Huey's cooking adventures. If you're a newbie to cooking seriously do not buy this, you'll be put off home cooking for life! I can only recommend this gadget to a nursing home or for someone who's recently broken their jaw as it pretty much turns food into slop. A family member lent it to me to test it out for a couple of weeks and I tried many recipes. It did however whip cream quite well and very quickly but it took ages to clean so whats the point....

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi, Thank you for your review and we're sorry you haven't had a positive experience with the product. It sounds as though you've mostly used the higher speeds, we have put together a collection w... read more »

I used this exactly as the recipe book provided stated. I have used the other more expensive brand and that was pretty good. I still wouldn't buy either, I can cook.
Don't get too down on peoples feedback, it's not as if you invented the thing.

Kogan Official

HI, Thank you for your reply and that is fair enough. We would still appreciate the chance to get some more specific details on your experiences, which recipes you've used, etc. as we have had la... read more »

Verified Purchase Model: KATHMXBENXA Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Terrible. The jug has broken twice in a year.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 07, 2016

Do yourself a favour and do not buy this thermoblend from Kogan. Since I've owned it (just over a year) the lever at the bottom of the jug that locks the blade in place has broken twice. It has worked fine (overheats quickly) but not worth the hassle when it breaks. Kogans customer service is appalling - unhappy customer!

• 2 answers

Model: KATHMXBENXA

Very good for the price!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

I opted for the cheaper version of this product as I'm in my late 50's with no kids at home -got it for mainly soups,stews etc -so far have made some lovely soups/vegetable stews /risotto and rice pudding -very fuss free and convienient -'a one stop appliance' Would recommend for working mums - very time saving

Handy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

I found the Thermoblend from Kogan to be very useful, I've used it a few times already. The bowl could have been bigger but it is really easy to use. Glad I didn't buy a $2000 Thermomix, this is just as good in my humble opinion. Would recommend to any lazy chef out there!

• 23 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KATHMXBENXA

Great Customer Service From Kogan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2015

Basically all these "thermo" machines are metal food processors containing a heating element & very high speed blade. Attachments include a drop-in basket to hold solid items & 2-layer steaming system. All can be used together to cook a whole meal. On the downside, a metal bowl can't be seen through & you have to reprogram the Thermoblend every time you remove the lid to scrape down the sides. I like to see the food I'm preparing, so I still use my stick blender most days, as well as my hand electric mixer and the microwave. The Thermoblend's l ock/start mechanism is in the style of plastic food processors, the lid slides round to click onto the bowl-handle starter. So the lid relies on the handle to start up the machine. Problem: plastic handle held on to metal bowl by one little unseen screw which can work itself loose under the stress of high vibration such as zooming up speed to smooth out soups. After 3 or 4 months of everyday use the screw in mine dropped out completely, the handle came away from the bowl entirely, the machine rendered totally unusable. (note- The $2k Thermomix brand actually changed to a more reliable clip-on system to lock lid to bowl.) To their credit, Kogan replaced the entire bowl & handle immediately at no charge and now my machine is working again. Excellent customer service! Look, it has its uses & for only $279 plus freight, I got a pretty good kitchen machine that I use regularly. It sits on the bench. Blender & plastic food processor(s) hide in the cupboard. Yes, I would definitely recommend it given the price. With myriad "thermo"-style recipes online & fb as well as their basic cookbook, you shouldn't go wrong really!

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

My machine arrived today, manual included. However, I had already downloaded it, and read through it. Have cooked the risotto from the downloadable cook book, steamed chicken and made rhubarb and custard.... There are plenty of recipes on the net to use and it is all so easy. Sadly doesn't do the washing up though.

Brisbane

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2015

Our family have been using this unit for well over 6 months now, It gets used just about every day and as a blender, food mixer , nut and veggy chopper, soup maker, steamer etc it works just great. A reliable little workhorse that has replaced the blender and food mixer we use to have. Fully recommended to all.

southaustralia

• 1 question
  • 13 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

when it worked, it was good!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

i wanted to try the Kogan ThermoBlend as i didnt have the spare 2000 for the thermomix, when it worked it was fantastic! i used it every other day for simple things and with this device i had no need for my blender or food processor! but within a short few months we went through 4 of these machines. thats right 4! the motor on this device is not strong and we have had to send it back 4 times to kogan for a replacement one! the motor died each and every time and it wasnt even over loaded! at first i thought i may have just gotten a dud but after going through 4 of these in a matter of a few months i decided to explore what other brands are out there! when it worked it was fantastic but after the 4th time i had had enough!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Better than expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2015

I had attended a presentation for the "other" all in one food preparation machine and was blown away, but I just wasn't in a position to purchase. Wanting to serve my family fresh foods in a quick and easy manner forced me in to looking for an alternative, and the best value for money product I found was the ThermoBlend.

Apart from a few differences, lower cooking temp, blades need to be changed, and a more manual process, I can't fault the product. Recipes can be adapted from TM ones. I am very happy with my purchase and will continue to purchase from Kogan in the future.

• 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

No Manual

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

So not happy. Cant use my brand new machine because I can't get a manual.
Tried last week to follow the link and kept getting system error. Responded to their email with this problem No Response
Today can't get on to website at all.
Can't lodge a question through Facebook (Same response)
It is just taking up bench space because I have no idea how to use it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Pauline, Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to access the user manual. I will include the links for both the user manual, and also a starter recipe b... read more »

1 of 5 pages