Why all the negative reviews??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2015

I have read many negative reviews about this unit, but mine is excellent. I use it every single day for my family, and it has encouraged my kids to eat a wider range of fresh food. I can't compare it to a thermomix, I have never had one. For the price, it is an amazing, reliable little unit. If anyone is looking for more recipes. the Bellini book is available online, and a fabulous, extended resource. Lack of recipes was my only concern.

Purchased at: Gumtree

cobaw

• 2 answers

great versatile product especially for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2015

I got my TB while kogan were offering free shipping and I haven't looked back. I was daunted when I unwrapped it and found the 'instruction manual' totally useless but I had read some of these reviews beforehand so I knew if I googled for help I would find it. Don't know whether they've changed the design but mine does cook and steam at the same time which is a complaint a lot of people here have Read more had about it. I've made mashed potato in the SS jug and steamed fish and greens in the steamer at the same time. It also has a mixing blade without sharp bits and a plastic mixing thing so I guess that means you don't need the reverse function that Thermomix has. I used the plastic thing for risotto and it worked well. I've been having great success with my TB so far using thermomix recipes and making up stuff through trial and error. I love that I can cook and blend in the one machine without dirtying two appliances. It looks like a spaceship on my bench top and luckily I have big kitchen as it is quite large. I have no complaints about this product so far.

Purchased at: Kogan

Collinsville

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine of Read more f for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

australia

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

• 1 review

Excellant good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2014

i bought one before Christmas unfortunately I had problems with it i got in touch with kogans and they replaced it immediately, Actually it arrived christmas eve
very happy with the product and the great service

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 49 comments
  • 1 question
  • 16 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Exellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2014

I am still in love with my TB. Bought it 2 years ago and it is still going strong. Use it nearly everyday and so far never had any problems with it. Glad I didn't buy the expensive TM as the Tb does exactly the same job.

Purchased at: Kogan

• 1 review

Great...almost a thermomix for a fraction of the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2014

I've had my Thermoblend for around a year now and still use it 4-5 times a week. I'd say it has 85% of the Thermomix functionality for 15% of the price. No regrets. I don't often cook whole meals in it as I find it (and the Thermomix) tend to just make slop however I do use it for veggie prep, cooking off onions, making bechemal sauce, dough and smoothies/frappes.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Great for quick no stir risotto etc. but it burns and is noisy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

As stated above, I cook risotto and chicken casseroles mainly. Great for quick 1 pot recipes with ease but the unit becomes noisy after 20mins. The lid starts warping from the heat and you're left with 3 burn marks around the inside of the bowl near the blade! Has its benefits but drawbacks too...

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments

All the bells and whistles for much less

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2014

Have had for 2 months now and so far has been great! I probably use this machine 2-3 times a week so it wasn't worth me paying $2k for the TB's fancy cousin. There's a very limited cook book available, but I adapt other thermo cooking recipes and so far we have not had any mealtime failures. Only thing that's prevented full 5 stars is that the little measuring/hole cover cup has cracked! Not sure Read more how I managed that but have contacted Kogan and hoping a replacement will be on the way soon. Overall it's an impressive machine for the price and although there's not the 'community support' you can get from TM I have found plenty of online recipes and Facebook groups to help out with any thermocooker.

• 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

All good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2014

All good so far. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. The only thing is the turbo button which you have to keep pressing... but I guess that's not a deal breaker. I'm happy. Great service. Love Kogan gear.... I have bought other stuff & have been happy.

+ Much cheaper than the $2000 Termomix & very similar.

- Turbo button doesn't stay on

Never Worked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2014

Admittedly, I never used it for a few weeks after I bought it, but when I eventually got around to trying it out, it never even turned on - despite reading instructions (they only give u a link to their online site) and carefully checking all the connections. No recipes included either. Kogan gave me a store credit to replace the faulty item.

+ Price

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Goldie, As with all appliances and/or electronic goods, a small percentage of goods can have faults. You can rest assured that all products supplied by Kogan and are fully covered under extensi... read more »

1 of 4 pages

Hi, Can you tell me if you can grind nuts and seeds to a paste I.e. Make peanut butter or tahini? Thanks, kevin

rmb3218 asked on Feb 09, 2015

Hi rmb3218,

In our recipe book, you can find some instructions to make 'nut butters'.

The recipe book can be found a the link below:

Hi there. I haven't done it myself, but I watched a video about it on youtube. Looked simple enough.

Purchased my thermobland2 and it arrived yesterday. Cant get the lid on no matter what I do. Any suggestions?

margaret thomas asked on Feb 07, 2015

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for your question.

To put the lid on, first, place the lid diagonally on top of the bowl and turn in a clockwise direction in such a way that the tongue underneath the lid fits into the space that projects out from the central unit. Also, the clip in the back of the cover connects perfectly with the cavity in the handle of the bowl.

For further detailed instructions and advice, you can refer to the user manual here: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/usermanuals/KATHMXBENXA-A.pdf

If you continue to have trouble with this or require any further assistance, please get in touch with our friendly support team on 1300 304 292 or at the link below:

Can you please tell me if the ThermoBlend can be used for making gluten free bread?

Chriss Wedd asked on Jan 29, 2015

Hi Chriss Wedd,

Thanks for your question regarding the Kogan ThermoBlend!

This appliance is certainly suitable for your dough kneading requirements.

If you have any further questions in regards to the matter, please get in touch with our team at 1300 304 292 and we'll be happy to help!

See all 38 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One