• 1 review

Great...almost a thermomix for a fraction of the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2014

I've had my Thermoblend for around a year now and still use it 4-5 times a week. I'd say it has 85% of the Thermomix functionality for 15% of the price. No regrets. I don't often cook whole meals in it as I find it (and the Thermomix) tend to just make slop however I do use it for veggie prep, cooking off onions, making bechemal sauce, dough and smoothies/frappes.

• 2 answers

Great for quick no stir risotto etc. but it burns and is noisy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

As stated above, I cook risotto and chicken casseroles mainly. Great for quick 1 pot recipes with ease but the unit becomes noisy after 20mins. The lid starts warping from the heat and you're left with 3 burn marks around the inside of the bowl near the blade! Has its benefits but drawbacks too...

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments

All the bells and whistles for much less

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2014

Have had for 2 months now and so far has been great! I probably use this machine 2-3 times a week so it wasn't worth me paying $2k for the TB's fancy cousin. There's a very limited cook book available, but I adapt other thermo cooking recipes and so far we have not had any mealtime failures. Only thing that's prevented full 5 stars is that the little measuring/hole cover cup has cracked! Not sure Read more how I managed that but have contacted Kogan and hoping a replacement will be on the way soon. Overall it's an impressive machine for the price and although there's not the 'community support' you can get from TM I have found plenty of online recipes and Facebook groups to help out with any thermocooker.

• 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

All good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2014

All good so far. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. The only thing is the turbo button which you have to keep pressing... but I guess that's not a deal breaker. I'm happy. Great service. Love Kogan gear.... I have bought other stuff & have been happy.

+ Much cheaper than the $2000 Termomix & very similar.

- Turbo button doesn't stay on

Never Worked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2014

Admittedly, I never used it for a few weeks after I bought it, but when I eventually got around to trying it out, it never even turned on - despite reading instructions (they only give u a link to their online site) and carefully checking all the connections. No recipes included either. Kogan gave me a store credit to replace the faulty item.

+ Price

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Goldie, As with all appliances and/or electronic goods, a small percentage of goods can have faults. You can rest assured that all products supplied by Kogan and are fully covered under extensi... read more »

Australia

Replacing the Blade cover and Butterfly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

After blending my Blade Cover and Butterfly I contacted Kogan and after only about 3 weeks in the mail I received a new Blade Cover and Butterfly FREE! I honestly can't complain about that. :) I would say the only downside to this appliance is that it didn't come with a cookbook.

Anna Bay

Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2014

Have not done a lot with it yet but found it good for making soup, cakes, rissotto. It can be used for steaming and other applications but have not tried these as yet. Found it a bit messy trying to get stuff out when I had used the butterfly blade, probably ok if it is a runny consistancy

+ That you can chop, heat, stir

- Having to add blades for different tasks

Australia

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

No Blxxdy good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2014

I was so disappointed ,mainly because there was no instructions and the online info told me nothing eg how to use the extra attachments and not even a receipt to try and familiarize how to use it
My wife now wants me to take it to the saint vinnies shop as it just taking up bench space

+ Crushed ice

- No manual or BASIC receipt

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lynpj. As an online business, Kogan do not send any physical paperwork with our products. Your receipt and tax invoice would have been sent to you electronically at the time of purchase, as wou... read more »

Yarrawonga

• 4 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Not worth it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2013

I purchased my Thermoblend last November before it was actually released as I did not want to miss out, I received it just prior to Christmas but did not use it until I moved into our new home in June. At first it was really good except for the lid to the top basket it was bowed and that was how I unpacked this from the box. I then found the heating function was not working and my steamed vegeta Read more bles where uncooked (it was fine before). To top it off the handle just come away from the large jug on inspection this had only been glued on so no surprise that it just come away. I contacted Kogan about this unit they messed me around for weeks I finally got a shipping label and posted this unit back they have since advised me that it can take up to 28 days to process my refund. I have asked several times if this is going to include my extended warranty that I purchased - as the unit failed within the normal warranty period. I have sent so many emails to them over the last few weeks and they rarely answer when they do it takes days to receive a reply. I was a big Kogan fan until this happened and had purchased other products from them - I will never ever buy from them again there customer service is shocking.

- Bad Warranty & Customer Service, Failed after only 4 weeks of use, Fell Apart,

3 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Di, Sorry to read that you had problems with your TB.
I have my TB for 11 months now and use it very regulary and so far not 1 problem. Love it very much. Makes cooking so much easier.

Hi Anneke,I have just received one but desperately need receipes specifically for the TB.My first try was pumpkin soup following the other products receipe and the SS jug had burn marks inside from... read more »

Hi, I would also be interested to know if there is a cook book to reference, it would certainly encourage me to get one.

PERTH

• 3 answers

so far excellent.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2013

Kogan TB, amazing value, pretty much a thermomix without the scale built in. even has feature equivalent to the reverse function of a thermomix. works excellent and i have found a heap of recipe's on facebook group. I have at least 12 months warranty, and paid a tenth of the price of a thermomix. I cant be happier, even if i have to send it back a couple of times in the first twelve months as per other peoples experience. thanks kogan :)

+ cheap, feature rich, actually works !!!

- no recipe's, gotta do a little research.

Purchased at: Kogan

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Hi, can you please elaborate on the kogan's reverse function? I've been looking high and low for a thermomix imitation that does just that. Thank you

Jan, it doesn't reverse, it has a blade cover which effectively means it stirs but doesn't chop.

Oh that's good to know. Can the blade be fixed on even when there's other food in the bowl though? Like with mashed potatoes the potatoes are chopped first, then whipped in the last minute or so with the butterfly bade attachment

perth

• 1 answer

it worked perfectly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

friend has the original thermomix and raves about it so when I saw the Kogan thermoblend I thought I would give it a go, I followed a thermomix recipe for Leek and Potato soup and it worked really well for a first time user.The soup was delicious and it only took just over 30mins from start to finish, one happy husband not much washing up either.

+ I liked that its really easy to follow the instructions, so long as you follow the process of the timer temp etc you shouldnt have a problem

- it needs its own recipe booklet or website

Purchased at: Kogan

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Perth

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Damaged blade cover and butterfly attachment replacement cost 2/5 of machine price to replace

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2013

Blade cover and butterfly attachment came off during use and chopped into 10 pieces within seconds. Easy enough done and I would assume an expected problem. Other brand replacements are around $15. Why is the TB $69 for one of the small plastic attachments? I'm happy to accept responsibility for the damage but how can two small molded plastic component we valued at more than two fifths of the Read more total cost of machine. I had recommended the machine to friends as a great low cost alternative but now have change my opinion. Poor show Kogan, given your companies public outcry over expensive HDMI cables.

+ Works well for the price paid

- replacement parts are far too expensive at $69 a picece for plastic blade covers

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

I bought the Thermoblend 2 weeks ago and am still to use it. I downloaded the instruction book but this obvious poor translation told me on,y how to turn the machine on and off and no indication a... read more »

I agree, I have just opened mine only to find no instructions! That is so unprofessional.

Kogan Official

Hi Louise. All of our user manuals are available online. You can access your thermoblend manual here: http://media.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KATMX25AIOA-A.pdf

1 of 4 pages

Click to rate

Already registered? Sign in.

Incorrect please try again

By submitting a review, I accept ProductReview's Posting Guidelines and Terms of Use Policy.

What and how do I use the extra jug (with no blade) for and also how do I use the steamer? I absolutely love my TB, use it daily and always wondered about the other attachments (had some disasters, but all human error). Please help?

Redwards26 asked on Dec 05, 2014

Answer this

Thank you for your question about the Kogan ThermoBlend Pro All-in-One Food Processor & Cooker.

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the Thermoblend and use it so often!

The user manual contains brief instructions on the attachments and functions of the device, this can be found here:

If you are still requiring assistance with the different functions, we recommend contacting our friendly Support Team via our Help Centre and they can assist you further:

Hiya..your 2nd jug can be interchangeable with the blade..and your steamer basket sits on top of your stainless jug while water is boiling in there..to create the steam! Other attachments assist with mixing..eg you can use your spatula in the centre round of your bowl to get all ingredients mixed well and away from the sides when baking & stirring wet mix. Make sure you download the manual online to assist you further with your appliance! Happy Cooking..

Will download now, thanks so much - this will be very helpful as I am really wanting to use the attachment that sits on top of the jug (Veroma for a themomix) and havent been successful so far with steaming fish and other veg. Just out of curiosity how do you know when to use the butterfly in a recipe if it doesnt specify, is it when it says stir?? Thanks again, this is so helpful xx

Do you have a recipe book? I've just received my Thermoblend 2 but would like some recipes to get started. I'd like to make some bread & pizza dough.

Bec asked on Dec 02, 2014

Answer this

You don't get one with your appliance but you can download the manual offline and this has a basic dough recipe in it. There is also a Facebook page where you can swap n share ideas..and I have also adapted Thermomix recipes to my machine and they have worked with abit of trial n error! Happy cooking

Hi Bec,

Thank you for your question about the Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One Processor.

A starter recipe book can be found on our Help Centre using the following link:

If you require any further assistance with the use of the Thermoblend, please feel free to contact our friendly Support Team via our Help Centre:

does anyone have a recipe for Risotto ?

Ali asked on Oct 15, 2014

Answer this

Google Thermoblend Risotto. A number of them come up for Thermomix. Times etc should be about the same. It's a pity ThermoBlend don't have more recipes.
Hope this helps.