• 2 answers

Verified Purchase

No Manual

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

So not happy. Cant use my brand new machine because I can't get a manual.
Tried last week to follow the link and kept getting system error. Responded to their email with this problem No Response
Today can't get on to website at all.
Can't lodge a question through Facebook (Same response)
It is just taking up bench space because I have no idea how to use it.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Pauline, Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to access the user manual. I will include the links for both the user manual, and also a starter recipe b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 answers

Why all the negative reviews??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2015

I have read many negative reviews about this unit, but mine is excellent. I use it every single day for my family, and it has encouraged my kids to eat a wider range of fresh food. I can't compare it to a thermomix, I have never had one. For the price, it is an amazing, reliable little unit. If anyone is looking for more recipes. the Bellini book is available online, and a fabulous, extended resource. Lack of recipes was my only concern.

Purchased at: Gumtree

2 people found this helpful, do you?

cobaw

• 4 answers

great versatile product especially for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2015

I got my TB while kogan were offering free shipping and I haven't looked back. I was daunted when I unwrapped it and found the 'instruction manual' totally useless but I had read some of these reviews beforehand so I knew if I googled for help I would find it. Don't know whether they've changed the design but mine does cook and steam at the same time which is a complaint a lot of people here have Read more had about it. I've made mashed potato in the SS jug and steamed fish and greens in the steamer at the same time. It also has a mixing blade without sharp bits and a plastic mixing thing so I guess that means you don't need the reverse function that Thermomix has. I used the plastic thing for risotto and it worked well. I've been having great success with my TB so far using thermomix recipes and making up stuff through trial and error. I love that I can cook and blend in the one machine without dirtying two appliances. It looks like a spaceship on my bench top and luckily I have big kitchen as it is quite large. I have no complaints about this product so far.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

Collinsville

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine of Read more f for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

australia

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

• 1 review

Excellant good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2014

i bought one before Christmas unfortunately I had problems with it i got in touch with kogans and they replaced it immediately, Actually it arrived christmas eve
very happy with the product and the great service

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 49 comments
  • 1 question
  • 16 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Exellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2014

I am still in love with my TB. Bought it 2 years ago and it is still going strong. Use it nearly everyday and so far never had any problems with it. Glad I didn't buy the expensive TM as the Tb does exactly the same job.

Purchased at: Kogan.com

• 1 review

Great...almost a thermomix for a fraction of the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2014

I've had my Thermoblend for around a year now and still use it 4-5 times a week. I'd say it has 85% of the Thermomix functionality for 15% of the price. No regrets. I don't often cook whole meals in it as I find it (and the Thermomix) tend to just make slop however I do use it for veggie prep, cooking off onions, making bechemal sauce, dough and smoothies/frappes.

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers

Great for quick no stir risotto etc. but it burns and is noisy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

As stated above, I cook risotto and chicken casseroles mainly. Great for quick 1 pot recipes with ease but the unit becomes noisy after 20mins. The lid starts warping from the heat and you're left with 3 burn marks around the inside of the bowl near the blade! Has its benefits but drawbacks too...

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments
  • 1 answer

All the bells and whistles for much less

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2014

Have had for 2 months now and so far has been great! I probably use this machine 2-3 times a week so it wasn't worth me paying $2k for the TB's fancy cousin. There's a very limited cook book available, but I adapt other thermo cooking recipes and so far we have not had any mealtime failures. Only thing that's prevented full 5 stars is that the little measuring/hole cover cup has cracked! Not sure Read more how I managed that but have contacted Kogan and hoping a replacement will be on the way soon. Overall it's an impressive machine for the price and although there's not the 'community support' you can get from TM I have found plenty of online recipes and Facebook groups to help out with any thermocooker.

• 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

All good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2014

All good so far. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. The only thing is the turbo button which you have to keep pressing... but I guess that's not a deal breaker. I'm happy. Great service. Love Kogan gear.... I have bought other stuff & have been happy.

+ Much cheaper than the $2000 Termomix & very similar.

- Turbo button doesn't stay on

1 of 4 pages

I can't even cook a custard. Anyone have a successful custard recipe?

rachel.caller asked on Apr 14, 2015

Answer this

The Kogan book is very good, have you tried it?? For more extensive recipies there is a Bellini Book online, and that has custard and many other beautiful options. I find that you have to reduce the cooking temp by about 10 degrees, but other than that have had no problems. Make sure your blade is inserted well, and adhere strictly to instructions. Things can get caught under the blade, use your spatula to ensure it is free during thickening of custards etc. Hope this helps, my Kogan can do anything, so long as I read and don't improvise on my own. Good Luck Rachel.

I've tried all that. The custard doesn't thicken at all, just becomes warm sweet milk.

Just got a brand new TB, got the seal out but can't remember which side of the seal is the right face to go back to cover..User manual not shown.. Please help.. The first time I open the lid, need two hands to open and close the lid, is this normal ? Thanks.

YC asked on Apr 12, 2015

Hi YC,

Please get in touch with our Support team at the following link and provide some photos of the issue if possible.

if you look really close at the seal, you'll see that the 2 'v shaped' pieces have slight lines/indentations on them. These should go face down (ie towards the lid) when you're putting the seal back on. And yep, the lid on mine is tight too but it has got a little bit looser over time. It was super tight to begin with.

Put flat part of seal to top of lid so that the top of jug fits into to seal.
Also yes you do need 2 hands

I purchased my themoblend a while ago but have just had the time to get it out to have a go and can't for the life of me get the lid without having to use both hands and a fair force to turn it, so much so that the machine moves and this would be very dangerous if their was hot food in the bowl.The rubber in the lid seams to grip the bowl really tight and does not allow to turn, do I need to put a little cooking oil or water around it. Also I am not sure the bowl is sitting correctly. At the bottom of the handle their is a lip and this sits about 1/2 a cm from the base is this correct, if not the only way I can see that the bowl will go into the unit further is if the black rubber where the prongs of the jug sit in the bowl is removed- is this the case? Would love to give this a go? Any advise Sharon

sjacobson8@bigpond.com.au asked on Apr 11, 2015

Answer this

Check that the blade is clicked into place tightly from underneath and the bowl should bed into the base properly.
The lids are tight but with 2 hands and a firm turn it should open properly. The problems you are experiencing don't seem quite right.

I don't have to turn my lid to get it off, it has a clip on the left hand side and just lifts off. The base goes onto the unit very easily too. Not sure what problems you are having. Check your manual to make sure you have assembled it correctly, or contact someone at Kogan. Does not sound right to me, mine assembles easily and requires no pressure to manipulate parts. Sorry I could not help you further.

I also found my lid super tight at first, and struggled to get it on. Definitely had to use two hands. It is getting much easier to use over time. I hadn't thought of using cooking oil around the seal but this may work and I wouldn't think there's any harm in giving it a go. Re the rubber bit on the bottom -I didn't have to remove anything as mine seems to fit snugly into the base. Do persevere with it - it's worth it! I'm making pasta sauce today in mine out of my glut of tomatoes from the garden!

See all 42 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One