Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One Reviews

Product Details

Brand: Kogan - Type: Benchtop - Max Capacity: 2 - Price (RRP): 249 - Motor Power: 1400 - Release date: Nov 2012

The ultimate kitchen appliance.

The two biggest issues with stocking a home kitchen is the cost of good quality appliances and finding space to store them all. Solve both of these problems today with the Kogan ThermoBlend.

The ThermoBlend makes cooking a breeze as it will chop, beat, mix, knead, blend, cook, steam, stir and melt your ingredients to perfection, every time. These functions are all easily controlled with simple adjustable settings for operational speed and temperature, as well as a built in timer. Even the most inexperienced cooks will soon be whipping up jams, soups, breads, juices, sauces, dips, cakes and salads like a pro.

You can stop cluttering up your cupboards and shelves with a dozen expensive appliances, as this single unit can fit comfortably in a cupboard, and once your culinary masterpiece has been eaten and enjoyed, cleanup is a joy with the dishwashable cooking bowl and easily cleaned utensils.

Once you try the ThermoBlend, you will wonder how you ever managed to cook without it.

Specifications:

• Capacity: 2.0L
  • Power: max. 1400W, Motor 600W, Heating 1300WW
  • Stirring: 200-10,000 RPM

Official Kogan site →

Show more details

Replacing the Blade cover and Butterfly

reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

After blending my Blade Cover and Butterfly I contacted Kogan and after only about 3 weeks in the mail I received a new Blade Cover and Butterfly FREE! I honestly can't complain about that. :) I would say the only downside to this appliance is that it didn't come with a cookbook.

Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One

reviewed on Jul 25, 2014

Have not done a lot with it yet but found it good for making soup, cakes, rissotto. It can be used for steaming and other applications but have not tried these as yet. Found it a bit messy trying to get stuff out when I had used the butterfly blade, probably ok if it is a runny consistancy

+ That you can chop, heat, stir

- Having to add blades for different tasks

No Blxxdy good

reviewed on Apr 25, 2014

I was so disappointed ,mainly because there was no instructions and the online info told me nothing eg how to use the extra attachments and not even a receipt to try and familiarize how to use it
My wife now wants me to take it to the saint vinnies shop as it just taking up bench space

+ Crushed ice

- No manual or BASIC receipt

Comments
Kogan Official

Kogan - Hi Lynpj. As an online business, Kogan do not send any physical paperwork with our products. Your receipt and tax invoice would have been sent to you electronically at the time of purchase, as wou... read more »

Not worth it!

reviewed on Sep 10, 2013

I purchased my Thermoblend last November before it was actually released as I did not want to miss out, I received it just prior to Christmas but did not use it until I moved into our new home in June. At first it was really good except for the lid to the top basket it was bowed and that was how I unpacked this from the box. I then found the heating function was not working and my steamed vegetables where uncooked (it was fine before). To top it off the handle just come away from the large jug on inspection this had only been glued on so no surprise that it just come away. I contacted Kogan about this unit they messed me around for weeks I finally got a shipping label and posted this unit back they have since advised me that it can take up to 28 days to process my refund. I have asked several times if this is going to include my extended warranty that I purchased - as the unit failed within the normal warranty period. I have sent so many emails to them over the last few weeks and they rarely answer when they do it takes days to receive a reply. I was a big Kogan fan until this happened and had purchased other products from them - I will never ever buy from them again there customer service is shocking.

- Bad Warranty & Customer Service, Failed after only 4 weeks of use, Fell Apart,

• 3 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Anneke - Di, Sorry to read that you had problems with your TB.
I have my TB for 11 months now and use it very regulary and so far not 1 problem. Love it very much. Makes cooking so much easier.

Carol - Hi Anneke,I have just received one but desperately need receipes specifically for the TB.My first try was pumpkin soup following the other products receipe and the SS jug had burn marks inside from... read more »

Lil - Hi, I would also be interested to know if there is a cook book to reference, it would certainly encourage me to get one.

so far excellent.

reviewed on Sep 09, 2013

Kogan TB, amazing value, pretty much a thermomix without the scale built in. even has feature equivalent to the reverse function of a thermomix. works excellent and i have found a heap of recipe's on facebook group. I have at least 12 months warranty, and paid a tenth of the price of a thermomix. I cant be happier, even if i have to send it back a couple of times in the first twelve months as per other peoples experience. thanks kogan :)

Purchased at: Kogan

+ cheap, feature rich, actually works !!!

- no recipe's, gotta do a little research.

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Jan - Hi, can you please elaborate on the kogan's reverse function? I've been looking high and low for a thermomix imitation that does just that. Thank you

Glenne - Jan, it doesn't reverse, it has a blade cover which effectively means it stirs but doesn't chop.

Jan - Oh that's good to know. Can the blade be fixed on even when there's other food in the bowl though? Like with mashed potatoes the potatoes are chopped first, then whipped in the last minute or so with the butterfly bade attachment

it worked perfectly

reviewed on Jul 18, 2013

friend has the original thermomix and raves about it so when I saw the Kogan thermoblend I thought I would give it a go, I followed a thermomix recipe for Leek and Potato soup and it worked really well for a first time user.The soup was delicious and it only took just over 30mins from start to finish, one happy husband not much washing up either.

Purchased at: Kogan

+ I liked that its really easy to follow the instructions, so long as you follow the process of the timer temp etc you shouldnt have a problem

- it needs its own recipe booklet or website

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?

Damaged blade cover and butterfly attachment replacement cost 2/5 of machine price to replace

reviewed on Jun 13, 2013

Blade cover and butterfly attachment came off during use and chopped into 10 pieces within seconds. Easy enough done and I would assume an expected problem. Other brand replacements are around $15. Why is the TB $69 for one of the small plastic attachments? I'm happy to accept responsibility for the damage but how can two small molded plastic component we valued at more than two fifths of the total cost of machine. I had recommended the machine to friends as a great low cost alternative but now have change my opinion. Poor show Kogan, given your companies public outcry over expensive HDMI cables.

+ Works well for the price paid

- replacement parts are far too expensive at $69 a picece for plastic blade covers

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Kaybee - I bought the Thermoblend 2 weeks ago and am still to use it. I downloaded the instruction book but this obvious poor translation told me on,y how to turn the machine on and off and no indication a... read more »

Louise - I agree, I have just opened mine only to find no instructions! That is so unprofessional.

Kogan Official

Kogan - Hi Louise. All of our user manuals are available online. You can access your thermoblend manual here: http://media.kogan.com/files/usermanuals/KATMX25AIOA-A.pdf

No cook book

reviewed on May 20, 2013

I am extremely disappointed that there is no cook book available for download !! There is going to be too much trial and error involved using this appliance. Sorry I bought it! I would have thought that an appliance such as this would be accompanied by a more detailed user manual and some basic cooking instructions!
  • 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

odette - I have the same problem. I just got my machine this morning and I have to look in thermomix for recipes. I hope it will work with this.

Great kitchen utensil

reviewed on Apr 16, 2013

Have my machine for 5 months now it sits on the bench and I use it almost daily for chopping or blending or cooking I still haven't used it to its full capability but until now I love it and so far have not struck a major issue also the price is very reasonable thanks Kogan
  • 3 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

odette - Where do you find recipes for thermoblend?

Lower if I could!

reviewed on Feb 18, 2013

After two weeks of loving my TB it broke down....lots of noise, but no spinning blades...would shut itself off intermittently....overloaded on very few ingredients...sizzled when turned on. Very disappointing....if they fixed the issues it would be good value for money. On one Facebook recipe sharing site it appears 50% of those on the site have had to return the.... Very poor quality control....

Purchased at: Kogan

+ When it worked well, it could do anything!

- Too many issues to count. Broke down, sent back after two weeks.

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

Edamse - You must have just a bad one. I've got my TB for over 7 weeks, use it everyday, sometimes 3 times a day. Works perfect, never had any problems. But you have to stick to the users manual as well. W... read more »

Moorunga Farm - Mine is just fantastic - I've been cooking all my life now 70 - batched till I got married first time at 49 - wished I had one then I could have had more time to chase more beautiful women !!!! ... read more »

mindy81 - Incorrect statistic about 50% of FB users machines breaking down. Please be careful when citing statistics that you have your facts correct first.

Arrived faulty

reviewed on Feb 10, 2013

A much anticipated Christmas present - it arrived two weeks late - was faulty from the start - the handle was loose with a suspected stray screw rolling around inside. The machine worked for about 10 secs, then broke down - chopping onion, which had already been quartered. No satisfaction from Kogan - there are no "real" people on the other end, just automated email replies. What to do?

- Doesn't work

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

sarahed - Same experiende for me... TB arrived and didn't work from the start as the error sign kept coming up saying the jug wasnt in cradle correctly - even tho it was and I'd redone it about 20 times as t... read more »

Needs improvement

reviewed on Feb 02, 2013

While there are some happy users out there ..... I wanted to be one of them but it was short lived. The fact that there were very limited instructions and its basically up to the user to go figure out the machine is not good enough. It seems to me Kogan rushed this product to make the Christmas sales disregarding quality workmanship.

I say this because having combined the slack Kogan instructions with recipes from the Bellini my machine smoked and fired. It could not handle mixing. Was it a dud! Will they improve their design and properly test. I loved what it produced and the price was a dream but really inferior product just released . Come on Kogan and get your act together!

+ When it worked the food was a hit!

- It choked and self combusted

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?

1 of 3 pages

Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One Questions

Are there any recipes for thermoblend? Received ours yesterday & only had to wait 3 days.

Jillikins asked on Jun 05, 2014

Read 3 answers →
I was disappointed to find that my ( as yet unpacked) TB has no reverse function

margie.murphy.942 asked on May 14, 2014

Read 1 answer →
How long and what temp for soup

Lynpj asked on Apr 09, 2014

Read 1 answer →

See all 27 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One →

Have you used Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One or want to learn more about it?

Write a review Ask a question

This page is actively monitored by Kogan representatives.