Collinsville

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine of Read more f for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

australia

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

• 1 review

Excellant good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2014

i bought one before Christmas unfortunately I had problems with it i got in touch with kogans and they replaced it immediately, Actually it arrived christmas eve
very happy with the product and the great service

Murrumba Downs, QLD

• 49 comments
  • 1 question
  • 16 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Exellent

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 28, 2014

I am still in love with my TB. Bought it 2 years ago and it is still going strong. Use it nearly everyday and so far never had any problems with it. Glad I didn't buy the expensive TM as the Tb does exactly the same job.

Purchased at: Kogan

• 1 review

Great...almost a thermomix for a fraction of the price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2014

I've had my Thermoblend for around a year now and still use it 4-5 times a week. I'd say it has 85% of the Thermomix functionality for 15% of the price. No regrets. I don't often cook whole meals in it as I find it (and the Thermomix) tend to just make slop however I do use it for veggie prep, cooking off onions, making bechemal sauce, dough and smoothies/frappes.

• 2 answers

Great for quick no stir risotto etc. but it burns and is noisy!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 28, 2014

As stated above, I cook risotto and chicken casseroles mainly. Great for quick 1 pot recipes with ease but the unit becomes noisy after 20mins. The lid starts warping from the heat and you're left with 3 burn marks around the inside of the bowl near the blade! Has its benefits but drawbacks too...

Sydney, NSW

• 2 comments

All the bells and whistles for much less

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2014

Have had for 2 months now and so far has been great! I probably use this machine 2-3 times a week so it wasn't worth me paying $2k for the TB's fancy cousin. There's a very limited cook book available, but I adapt other thermo cooking recipes and so far we have not had any mealtime failures. Only thing that's prevented full 5 stars is that the little measuring/hole cover cup has cracked! Not sure Read more how I managed that but have contacted Kogan and hoping a replacement will be on the way soon. Overall it's an impressive machine for the price and although there's not the 'community support' you can get from TM I have found plenty of online recipes and Facebook groups to help out with any thermocooker.

• 4 answers
  • 10 helpful votes

All good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2014

All good so far. I haven't had much time to play with it yet. The only thing is the turbo button which you have to keep pressing... but I guess that's not a deal breaker. I'm happy. Great service. Love Kogan gear.... I have bought other stuff & have been happy.

+ Much cheaper than the $2000 Termomix & very similar.

- Turbo button doesn't stay on

Never Worked

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2014

Admittedly, I never used it for a few weeks after I bought it, but when I eventually got around to trying it out, it never even turned on - despite reading instructions (they only give u a link to their online site) and carefully checking all the connections. No recipes included either. Kogan gave me a store credit to replace the faulty item.

+ Price

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Goldie, As with all appliances and/or electronic goods, a small percentage of goods can have faults. You can rest assured that all products supplied by Kogan and are fully covered under extensi... read more »

Australia

Replacing the Blade cover and Butterfly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2014

After blending my Blade Cover and Butterfly I contacted Kogan and after only about 3 weeks in the mail I received a new Blade Cover and Butterfly FREE! I honestly can't complain about that. :) I would say the only downside to this appliance is that it didn't come with a cookbook.

3 people found this helpful, do you?

Anna Bay

Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2014

Have not done a lot with it yet but found it good for making soup, cakes, rissotto. It can be used for steaming and other applications but have not tried these as yet. Found it a bit messy trying to get stuff out when I had used the butterfly blade, probably ok if it is a runny consistancy

+ That you can chop, heat, stir

- Having to add blades for different tasks

1 of 4 pages

Cooking in my new TB for the second time, using TM receipe, as I found the TB cook book to contain mainly desserts. cooking beef curry. What setting should I use if the TM receipe has cook25mins/100degrees then the reverse rotation and spoon symbols?

Vintage58 asked on Jan 24, 2015

Hi Vintage58,

Thank you for your question.

The spoon symbol on the ThermoMix is gentle stir setting, or the lowest speed. The other symbol is in relation to the direction that the blades will move.

The ThermoBlend does not have the option for stirring direction, so we'd recommend using a low speed setting and you should be able to achieve the desired results.

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate in asking by getting in touch with our friendly team at the link below:

I need better instructions than the scant document that came with the appliance. Would also like a recipe book. Are these available?

FrenzyOz asked on Jan 23, 2015

Hi FrenzyOz,

Thanks for your question.

We have a starter recipe book available here:

If you require further assistance with the operation of the unit, you can get in touch with our friendly support team on 1300 304 292 or at the link below:

I have read the instructions but cant seem to set the timer for cooking function I just get flashing when I press the buttons but the time does not get set. Can anyone help?

Carolyn asked on Jan 19, 2015

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your question!

To set the time, press the “Time” button and the “Time ▶” characters will be highlighted; press the “+” button to add more time and the “-” button to remove time. Holding down “+” or “-” button will add or reduce time quickly. Press once “+” or “-” to change times in periods of 1 minute. Double press quickly to indicate seconds.

If you're still having trouble with your ThermoBlend, please done't hesitate to get in touch with our friendly support team on 1300 304 292 or at the link below, we're always happy to help!

See all 35 questions about Kogan ThermoBlend All-in-One