Handy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2015

I found the Thermoblend from Kogan to be very useful, I've used it a few times already. The bowl could have been bigger but it is really easy to use. Glad I didn't buy a $2000 Thermomix, this is just as good in my humble opinion. Would recommend to any lazy chef out there!

• 22 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Model: KATHMXBENXA

Great Customer Service From Kogan

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2015

Basically all these "thermo" machines are metal food processors containing a heating element & very high speed blade. Attachments include a drop-in basket to hold solid items & 2-layer steaming system. All can be used together to cook a whole meal. On the downside, a metal bowl can't be seen through & you have to reprogram the Thermoblend every time you remove the lid to scrape down the sides. I like to see the food I'm preparing, so I still use my stick blender most days, as well as my hand electric mixer and the microwave. The Thermoblend's l ock/start mechanism is in the style of plastic food processors, the lid slides round to click onto the bowl-handle starter. So the lid relies on the handle to start up the machine. Problem: plastic handle held on to metal bowl by one little unseen screw which can work itself loose under the stress of high vibration such as zooming up speed to smooth out soups. After 3 or 4 months of everyday use the screw in mine dropped out completely, the handle came away from the bowl entirely, the machine rendered totally unusable. (note- The $2k Thermomix brand actually changed to a more reliable clip-on system to lock lid to bowl.) To their credit, Kogan replaced the entire bowl & handle immediately at no charge and now my machine is working again. Excellent customer service! Look, it has its uses & for only $279 plus freight, I got a pretty good kitchen machine that I use regularly. It sits on the bench. Blender & plastic food processor(s) hide in the cupboard. Yes, I would definitely recommend it given the price. With myriad "thermo"-style recipes online & fb as well as their basic cookbook, you shouldn't go wrong really!

Fabulous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2015

My machine arrived today, manual included. However, I had already downloaded it, and read through it. Have cooked the risotto from the downloadable cook book, steamed chicken and made rhubarb and custard.... There are plenty of recipes on the net to use and it is all so easy. Sadly doesn't do the washing up though.

Brisbane

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2015

Our family have been using this unit for well over 6 months now, It gets used just about every day and as a blender, food mixer , nut and veggy chopper, soup maker, steamer etc it works just great. A reliable little workhorse that has replaced the blender and food mixer we use to have. Fully recommended to all.

southaustralia

• 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

when it worked, it was good!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2015

i wanted to try the Kogan ThermoBlend as i didnt have the spare 2000 for the thermomix, when it worked it was fantastic! i used it every other day for simple things and with this device i had no need for my blender or food processor! but within a short few months we went through 4 of these machines. thats right 4! the motor on this device is not strong and we have had to send it back 4 times to kogan for a replacement one! the motor died each and every time and it wasnt even over loaded! at first i thought i may have just gotten a dud but after going through 4 of these in a matter of a few months i decided to explore what other brands are out there! when it worked it was fantastic but after the 4th time i had had enough!

Better than expected

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2015

I had attended a presentation for the "other" all in one food preparation machine and was blown away, but I just wasn't in a position to purchase. Wanting to serve my family fresh foods in a quick and easy manner forced me in to looking for an alternative, and the best value for money product I found was the ThermoBlend.

Apart from a few differences, lower cooking temp, blades need to be changed, and a more manual process, I can't fault the product. Recipes can be adapted from TM ones. I am very happy with my purchase and will continue to purchase from Kogan in the future.

• 2 answers

No Manual

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 04, 2015

So not happy. Cant use my brand new machine because I can't get a manual.
Tried last week to follow the link and kept getting system error. Responded to their email with this problem No Response
Today can't get on to website at all.
Can't lodge a question through Facebook (Same response)
It is just taking up bench space because I have no idea how to use it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Pauline, Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you have not been able to access the user manual. I will include the links for both the user manual, and also a starter recipe b... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: KATHMXBENXA

Why all the negative reviews??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 03, 2015

I have read many negative reviews about this unit, but mine is excellent. I use it every single day for my family, and it has encouraged my kids to eat a wider range of fresh food. I can't compare it to a thermomix, I have never had one. For the price, it is an amazing, reliable little unit. If anyone is looking for more recipes. the Bellini book is available online, and a fabulous, extended resource. Lack of recipes was my only concern.

Purchased at: Gumtree

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

cobaw

• 8 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: KATMX25AIOAA

great versatile product especially for the price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2015

I got my TB while kogan were offering free shipping and I haven't looked back. I was daunted when I unwrapped it and found the 'instruction manual' totally useless but I had read some of these reviews beforehand so I knew if I googled for help I would find it. Don't know whether they've changed the design but mine does cook and steam at the same time which is a complaint a lot of people here have had about it. I've made mashed potato in the SS jug and steamed fish and greens in the steamer at the same time. It also has a mixing blade without sh arp bits and a plastic mixing thing so I guess that means you don't need the reverse function that Thermomix has. I used the plastic thing for risotto and it worked well. I've been having great success with my TB so far using thermomix recipes and making up stuff through trial and error. I love that I can cook and blend in the one machine without dirtying two appliances. It looks like a spaceship on my bench top and luckily I have big kitchen as it is quite large. I have no complaints about this product so far.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Collinsville

Overload light when mixing/cooking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I am sitting here right now reading reviews and going through pdf files on line to find out about the overload light on the control unit. I am using the unit for the second time after purchasing. First recipe was a steamed one and turned out great. This one is a heat/mix beef stroganoff, after 17 mins into 40 mins cooking time the overload light came on and hasn't gone off after turning machine off for a while. Emptied dish and tried using empty with no result, I am guessing that it prob takes some time to reset and cool the mixing motor. Not much help or info on this but am reading in other reviews that people always use a setting or 2 higher then what is in the recipes.

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Brad, Thanks for posting a review. Can you please try disconnecting the unit from power for a few minutes to see whether this resets it? Please also ensure you take careful note of the ma... read more »

Love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2015

I bought the thermoblend and am very happy with it. Made a lot of things already and just use ideas from thermomix community posts. It works well. It can not weigh like thermomix but that does not worry me

australia

Cookbook

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2015

Also extremely disappointed to get the machine and no cookbook, what can we use to get recipes to make in it

Comments
Kogan Official

Hi Lee, Thanks for taking the time to post a brief review! We do have a cookbook for the Thermoblend online and this can be found at the following link: https://www.kogan.com/media/files/use... read more »

1 of 5 pages