Review rating:

I wouldent use anything else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2016

I have used this product on my Pegulan Vinal floors now for some time and it is brilliant simple to use with great effects, my wife said i now have the job.

• 2 answers
Private message

Our home would not be the same without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 30, 2016

Not only do we polish the floors with long life but the dash and all vinyl parts in the car, including putting a shine on all our shoes, we find this a tremendous product very reasonably priced.

Carlton, Tas

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

Don't ever stop making Long Life

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2016

This stuff is great! Yes I too have used it for more than 20 years and find it very versatile.
Not only wonderful on floors but also great on other surfaces too (do a patch test first to make sure it's safe)
I've used it on the dash & door vinyl in cars, worn kitchen bench tops, worn cork floor surfaces.
Yes, I found the shelves empty at Coles & Woollies, so thanks for telling me Bunnings stock it now.

Private message

ONE GO 'The best floor polish ever'

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

I can't get this anywhere! It was fantastic and only $5.00 ! My floors look crap now ! Bring it back! Iv tried all the others they are rubbish! They say they shine but they don't they are also much more expensive! One Go was a mirror shine and made my floors look brand new covered all the scratches and made my house look amazing ! Where can I get again please restock the Coles and Woolworths shelves with this amazing product!

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

It's perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2016

Do a small size at a time so you do not let it dry after pouring. I've used it for more than 20 years. Floors look so shiny and clean. It's fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

A Rose By Any Other Name, Is Just As Sweet!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2016

I can remember using this same product when i was a teenager, to seal stained leather work. It's the same type of liquid the class teacher used in class. It was then Know for many years as i seem to recall, as Fisher's Floor Polish. Same yellow bottle and label set out, same use instructions etc.. My mother used to use it on lino floors to put a great polish to the sealed surface, great for protecting it from 8 young children playing inside the house.. :)

Long Life Self shine floor polish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2015

I have been using it for years. It is amazing, but a bit hard to remove if you let it build up - which I did. Otherwise I wouldn't use anything else. I wish I could buy it in my local Coles, but Bunnings always has it. EXCELLENT.

Best product ever for my slate floors

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2015

I have used this polish for about 12 years and have no problem, and it gives my slate floor a fantastic shine the only problem I cant seem to buy it any where.

• 2 helpful votes

Fantastic for Vinyl floor

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2015

Tried it on my white and black Vinyl floors as directed. Came up Shinny each and every time. Love it. No problems with me. Shame I can never find it in the supermarket each time I go.

Ballina NSW

• 6 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Great Product work fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2015

Have been using the Long Life products on our vinyl tile floor for a couple of years with fantastic results. We use the cloudy amonia wash every now and the but always finish with the Self Shine Polish, or we just use the Self Shine to get a great result.

Sandstone point

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

White streaks

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2015

I have just used this product exactly as per directions and my wonderful timber floor has been ruined with white streaks!!! The bottle says to use cloudy ammonia to remove these streaks, but on another web site they say not to use ammonia on timber floors. I have tried washing and washing the floor with vinegar and just timber floor cleaner, but nothing works. This product should be taken off the market.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Jimboomba (Logan) Queensland

• 1 comment
  • 2 questions
  • 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible product !

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 16, 2014

I thought I must have used it wrong because it went dull and white. But to try again I first had to remove the product... What a terrible job that was. Ok now start again and surprise surprise it went white and dull again. Still not giving up, I tried again and same results. I eventually had to believe that this product is ****. It leaves a build up which is terribly hard to remove and certainly not shiney! Not recommmended.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 2 pages

What do I have to do or need to use this product ? To aply it to the floor? Thanks

Tone asked on Feb 06, 2017

Answer this

This is really a question that should be directed to the manufacturer, however we simply apply with a squeegee mop.

Where in n s w can I buy it .?..

Kate asked on Oct 01, 2016

Hi Kate
I don't live in NSW but Bunnings is the stockist & their website gives the site location of all their stores in NSW. Good luck. Sarah

Can I order and buy on line , I not only use it on my floors but i make home made greeting cards.

Sarah is correct Bunnings is where we purchAsed the product

How do you remove one go floor polish from vinel floor When it's strickey on floor?

Bub asked on Jun 19, 2016

Answer this

I've never had this occur however stickiness may be due to residue of previous products used on the surface; even detergent will leave a residue.
The Long Life container notes that 'all polishes tend to build up after repeated use. If this happens apply 250mls of cloudy ammonia (available in supermarkets) in 4-5 litres of warm water and detergent and mop the polished area. If polish does not come off, increase the concentration of cloudy ammonia.'
This should remove the Long Life polish, as well as whatever caused the stickiness. Ensure this polish is applied to a clean surface that has been washed and rinsed well before applying the polish. And however tempting it is, don't go back over areas after polish has been applied! Hope this helps.

If you mean streaky, then applying it evenly is really important for a good finish. Check as you apply the solution, where the dull areas and the shiny areas are. The dull areas are areas that have been missed. I get best results by applying with a damp cloth. Don't go back over areas already done, as this will usually lead to uneven, streaky areas. Good luck.

See all 12 questions about Long Life Self Shining Floor Polish