Incompetent

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2016

Disgraceful,when I was buying couldn't help enough,once paid and went to pick up electric brakes not working they blamed my vehicle so I spent $130 dollars to auto electrian who was great tested brakes in front of me and finally he showed me why they weren't working they weren't even hooked up,first time this has happened they said (2weeks later) finally got it home and pins in jockey wheel snapped I'm still waiting for them to get posted out 2 weeks later,I wouldn't buy anything off them again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Graeme,

Which branch was this? have you lodged a warranty claim for the replacement Jockey wheel and who did you speak to?

Andrew

Revesbry,yes I had to call them after both times once to see if they fixed the electric brakes (said they called) and third time today for the pins only to be told they don't have pins (it's not ha... read more »

Verified Purchase

Cruiser highside

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2016

We purchased a mdc cruiser high side forward fold after doing a load of research and looking at many different brands, We where given a 6 week wait upon ordering and where kept upto date through out wait period and trailer was ready for pickup a few days earlier than eta, we are a family of 6 2a 4c and it meets our needs and their is plenty of room we love it and have had no dramas with it at all definitley Value for money And customer service from mdc Brisbane has been fantastic and more than happy to answer any silly questions we have had since purchase.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Great to her always happy to help.

Jamboree Heights

XT-10 Issues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

Our initial appraisal on MDC's XT-10. Sales staff were good and friendly.Product looked good and that's where the positives finish.
When we picked up our XT-10 the 1st time, wrong tyres fitted. Brakes didn't work. Pick it up a week later.
Took it out on an outback 5000km trip. Went okay. A few issues. Dust did get in though. Suspension bushes chewed out. Replaced with a better designed bush at my cost. At this stage was under 12 months old. So they knew there was an issue with the bushes.
Solar charging stopped working. Rang MDC to get servi
ce on it. Weeks to get in so no camping for that period. Priority is to build product. Raised issues via email all the way to the top.
Made a list to get things fixed under warranty. Some fixed, some not.
Solar panels were grazed and stopped charging again. Booked in, weeks to get looked at again, but then told I have to deal with the warranty company as we took out the extended warranty. Rang them, no record of my extended warranty. Chased up MDC. After a period of time, the person who did the paperwork no longer works here so it wasn't passed onto them, but we will honour the warranty this time! We will work something out. Money was still paid to MDC but no extended warranty.
Well 6 months later, nothing! I have sent another email to the owner and Andrew to resolve this major issue and gave them 1 week to respond. It has been a week and nothing. I am now in the process of starting action against them with consumer affairs and ACCC. It is an absolute joke trying to deal with them all the way to the top. There is a group on Facebook with their own nightmare stories as well and it doesn't look good out there.
Issues still outstanding:
Solar not charging properly
DC-DC charger never worked
Brakes still didn't work properly after their warranty service, but now no longer works.
Buy at your own risk.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Thanks Sonny B, As discussed I advised we were honouring the extended warranty, and all future claims are a case by case basis this was back in May. I had booked you for 13th June and even thoug... read more »

We can go back and forth on this Andrew, as per our conversation on Tuesday just gone, your last comment back in May was, that this warranty issue was out of your hands and you were passing it onto... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

No Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

I have ordered a T5 camper and from the moment I walked in and through the entire sales process until delivery there staff and procedures have been terrible. Was told one delivery date when ordered and this changed like 4 more times and was delayed by 2 weeks.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Pat, As you are aware that although we have local factories in Australia we import from our main factory in china, Delays can happen and in this case it may well have, when the product comes i... read more »

Portland Vic

Little things frustrate me

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2016

We bought the XT12 almost a year ago. A great setup but with nighling issues that make holiday times less than enjoyable (frustrating).
1. Gas regulator failed .. checked out by independant repairer who advised that the cheap Chinese regulator was NOT at Aus standards... replaced with a servicable unit (German). When I reported to MDC they refused my claim for a replacement regulator claiming they should have had the chance yo see it 1st ... they were not prepared to travel the 2000kms to where we were at the time though.
2. The HWS has never
worked .. am trying to get a response from MDC again .. next post will reflect their response .. hoping it has been better than earlier.
3. Due to LACK of back'up service ... Figure I will have to go to TRUMA as past experiences would indicate that MDC do NOT seem service orientated .. would really love to be able to post that their approach to service enquiries has changed. If they addressed their CUSTOMER SERVICE and improved the customer experience their BRAND would be enhanced. No good having a cool product if you wont / dont look after the client.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi HummGa, 1, All our regulators are made by Cavagno Group that are actually Italian not Chinese as you have stated. Non of our camper trailers or caravans can actually be registered without a Gas... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

XT17

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2016

Generally happy with camper. just completed 11000k trip to Qld, NT and SA.
Huge problem with wheel alignment though and no further adjustment available.
Keep trying to upload warranty claim but it seems it will not complete without a picture and when I try to load a picture it goes on forever and therefore can't be submitted.
Is this an MDC ploy to prevent warranty claims?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Fred, We don't plot to prevent warranty claims a simple phone call or e-mail with the photo we can load the warranty on you behalf, good to see that you have done 11,000 km's. Why is routine ... read more »

1st. It was very frustrating trying to submit claim because it will not upload without photo and photo (less than 4mb) would not upload. 2nd it is a warranty claim because due to manufacturing er... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Terrible. We were lied to and promised things which was denied when picking up the trailer.
Trailer had problems and we were expected to fix ourselves. Very rude, treated us like we were children.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Bec,

What branch and what date was this? would like to look further into the detail.

Melbourne

Not Happy

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

So after doing our research and looking around we decided to purchase a MDC Camper trailer I called up and made an appointment to go in to the Melbourne office. When I arrived I was treated very well and shown everything I was looking at the service was fantastic sales guy was very accomodating to our needs,we added a heap of extras we nutted out the price and I agreed to purchase. We had already sourced our own finance and provided a letter of approval to the sales guy. I asked about deposit and was told because my finance was approved there w as no need to provide one I was prepared to leave one but was told that there was no need. This deal was on 15/10/2016 I was told camper would take around 6 weeks which I was happy with so Eta was 26/11/2016, as I had not heard anything I decided to call up myself to follow up to make sure we were still ok for 26/11/2016 as I need to sign finance contracts and sort insurance. I was told that the guy who was looking after me is no longer there and that the camper hadn't been put into production as there was no deposit left, as you can understand I am very disappointed in the service no one even called me to let me know there was any problems we have booked a holiday over Christmas with the family and it now looks like the kids will be disappointed due to no contact to inform me of any problems. Don't tell me I you don't need deposit because my finance was approved in full with an outside financier and now tell me that it's not getting built because of no deposit. very disappointed family today.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Thanks to Stuart in Melbourne for helping to sort this out back on track for delivery on 26/11/2016

Karratha

• 3 comments
Private message

Im sure i will get a response but do you have evidence.i do

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

Bought a 20k camper in 2013 at a show was meant to be picked up in oct drove1800km to collect camper wasnt ready 2 seperate dates later supplied by mdc camper still not ready. Finally got camper many issues later includeing being charged for items which i didnt recieve. Paid for wax converters aussie canvas did not get it. Has been proven in writing from wax converters that my canvas is not there product. Paid for many extras that were not done at time of purchase. Canvas does not fit camper frame correct and is extremely tight over edges of ca mper. Cannot shut zip on camper canvas also proven by mdc when i took camper to them for viewing. This is on video evidence also that they also could not close it. Not only is it on video i have a witness that they did more damage to the canvas when trying to force the zip shut. Yet still not accepting blame and all contact cut from that day forward by MDC. Many other issues includeing kitchen falling out . Still have outstandeing items 3 years later that have not been supplied which i paid for. This is just the short of it. If you are purchaseing a camper of these guys please cover all avenues. Do your research and make sure you get what you pay for.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Urkel, Most issues can be resolved, Can you advise aside from the canvas what other parts are missing? We offer a 12 month warranty against any manufacturers defects. Obviously this seems t... read more »

Andrew not sure where you sit on the food chain but the contact from MDC and willingness to fix faults is minimal. You may however wish to talk to Vaughan before you make promises that cant be fixe... read more »

I love the generic comments in response to most peoples issues. Yes you have 20000 campers out there thats great are all them 20000 campers as good as you claim. Well its obvious there not. 1 thing... read more »

Outstanding Customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2016

The service when I purchased my Caravan from Kevin in Adelaide was outstanding. Its a dam shame they shut Adelaide down. He would have been a loss to MDC.

Value for money and fit for purpose

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

We have just recently returned from a 4 month trip in our new Cruizer Highside FF V5 ,our route took us up the west coast , across the top and back home to Perth through the middle , a trip of just over 18,000 kilometres . We traveled on many rough station roads as well as the Cape Leveque road , the GRR , the Buchanan Hwy , Roper Bar to Borroloola including Lorella Springs and back across the Great Central Road .
I can only speak from our experience but from day one the camper has been excellent and the service from the Perth office has been
first class.
The camper was delivered on time.
The couple of minor issues while we were on the road were dealt with immediately .
We found it easy to tow ,easy to set up and very comfortable to live with for the 4 months
On our return we took the trailer back to MDC for some maintenance work ,which was completed without question , in fact they went over the trailer and did more than we asked
We did have some concerns when purchasing the trailer because of some reviews we had read and the fact that it is imported but our experience has been a good one . Credit where credits due.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Steve and Kaz,

Great to here you have had an awesome time travelling in the Cruizer Highside.

Hope you have many more happy travels ahead!

Sydney

• 2 comments

Semi off road camper

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2016

I purchased my trailer from the Sydney office back in February this year 2016, I told the salesman I wanted everything and I mean everything to put the camper up, well this I suppose is my fault as I had shoulder surgery in May this year and it sat with a cover over it till a friend came over and put it together for me some 6 months later, when it was put together we found some poles missing.

Lucky enough the Sydney 4X4 show was on that weekend in October 2016 so I went and visited the MDC site found my setup and yep the poles were there but
supplied with mine. So I started the investigation, and was told the following by the Sydney Manager.

I spoke with MDC about the poles and Steve looked at my order and advised that I needed to order those as they don't come with the camper unless u order them. As as New Customer and 1st time purchaser I said how would I know that I need to purchase a spreader pole kit at the cost of $150.00 after spending nearly $6000 on the camper and poor handover u find u can't put your camper together unless by this kit in my books that's poor.

I said to Steve that I said to the sales guy that I wanted everything, it's like going into a car dealership saying I want to buy that car and when it gets delivered there is no engine. And they tell you oh the engine needs to be ordered separately so u do a flinstone to get home.

Well I know that to use my camper I have to spend another $150.00 , I should have went to another company oh well once burnt that won't happen again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Grant, The MDC12 tent can be put up without the need of spreader poles as they are an optional extra, I have noted that you did get the MDC ultimate pack and a discounted mattress with your ... read more »

Hi Andrew boy are u covering your tracks on this, what a load of ????? There was a tent setup on the Delux off road at the time the salesman didnt cover all the things at all, all he was interested... read more »

Market Direct Campers Official

Thanks Grant, Sorry you got that treatment from the sales person. He no longer works for the business and all i have to go off was what is on the invoice. The off-Road deluxe as standard comes with... read more »

1 of 7 pages

I am currently in the market for a Camper Trailer. I really like the look of the MDC CRUIZER SLIDE HARDFLOOR CAMPER TRAILER which is put out by several other companies under other names for 18 - 20K. I see yours is 21K The others with same lay out with slide out / extra bed have chipboard with cheap and nasty laminate over for the cabinets. Can you confirm if yours are aluminium cabinets - or chipboard laminate jobs too? I have to say - I am also very nervous seeing SO many reviews - and still averaging barely a pass... with so many problems... What is being done to address these quality issues? What is the open hours of your Brisbane dealer? Kind regards, Brad.

Brad asked on Nov 24, 2016

Answer this

Hi Brad,

Without providing a generic response, MDC has been in business for 10 Years in Australia being 100% owned and operated, Starting from just simple soft floor campers winning camper trailer of the year 2014 and then into the hard floor market 4 years ago also winning camper trailer of the year 2016. For the last three years MDC is very competitive in the Hybrid caravan market and all trailers across the range are tested heavily.

In regards to reviews, like most companies we would prefer our reviews have got a Verified Purchaser tag associated to them, as this is not the case MDC will try and investigate and clarify reviews where we can, some reviewers wont provide us with that opportunity and its ends up a he said/she said situation and we cant change that. you will find I answer as many as i can personally on behalf of MDC nationwide.

In some situations we have actually helped the customer and resolved the issues they may have had, they may have change the comments on the review but not the grading they gave us. We cant change the views of some of the reviewers and wouldnt want to. But 67 reviews and alot of old ones over 10 years and with 20,000+ trailers in the market isnt actually that bad. We output 100+ trailers a month.

In regards to the Cruizer Slide, its full metal construction inside and out. We don't use chipboard in any of our products you will see all our cabinets are metal and Painted. Newer models may have a laminate floor as opposed to marine carpet and again its laid over a metal floor.

If you have any further questions feel free to contact me on 0428 084 060 or email andrewg@marketdirect.com.au.

Andrew

Hi all After reading these complaints I'm now curious about buying a MDC rear fold camper trailer looks like it's a year old just after some feed back to see if they're any good? will be needed for the canning stock route/ gib river road Cheers Marcus

Marcust909 asked on Oct 29, 2016

Answer this

Hi Marcus, bad start to my camping experience. Had a few trips now, my family and I are very happy. All I can say is Nathan from Townsville has been very helpful.

Can anyone give me a review on a Jackson rear fold camper?

Kim Yeomans asked on Oct 08, 2016