Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 27, 2016

I took time off work to take the family to the MDC brisbane store. We were the only people in the store and when we walked in we were ignored by 3 sales staff standing in a circle staring at their phones. Walked around a bit and wasnt approached until we started unzipping things and trying things ourselves. Once they found out we were looking for a cheaper model the sales person instantly tuned out, didnt off any comments and had to be prompted to answer queries. Eventually they just walked off. Kids being kids got tangled in some ropes, I star ted to untangle them and was glad when a sales member appear to come over to help but he just stared for a bit and walked off. So I spent more time untangling this rope that looking at the trailer. Yes, its was my kids fault but you help a guy out who has cash to spend. We walked out without anyone asking if we need any more info or a follow up. My money is going elsewhere.

Gal Extreme 4x4

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2016

Great trailer. Our family of 5 have had 6 great holidays over the 2 years that we have owned it. Being a soft floor camper it does take some time to set up the whole circus. The tarp floor in the annex is starting to fail but other than that it's like brand new, has never leaked or ripped. We have taken it to western qld and Fraser Island no worries.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Craig,

Thank you for the kind review, glad to here its working out for you and your family.

regards
Andrew

Sydney

• 1 comment

They don't care

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2016

I took the family down to the Sydney show room for a look and was pounced on by sales staff but once they found out I was only after a cheaper soft floor they didn't seem to interested. Kids being kids exploring the camper we wanted fell blood streaming out of his face and all over me we where not offerd any assistance by staff at all very disappointed by the experience sent a email to head office got a very lax reply so the next week we went up the road to the competitor and got great service even when wanting the cheaper range and bought it your loss mdc for being so careless

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Skin, I have spoken to the Sydney manager in regards to your complaint. He does remember this situation very well, as there was only two staff at the time and the showroom was full they wer... read more »

I have to say that that is a whole bunch of lies there was at least three staff on the floor a bald bloke with a goatie a fat unattractive woman and a young guy not once did they mention anything t... read more »

Plainland

Private message

Great Trailer- Exceptionally poor follow up customer service.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Purchased a trailer, very happy with it. However
- The original salesmen messed up my order 3 times- luckily i checked every detail before signing, even forgot to give me the month special price.

The DVD is way out of date for the MD05 tent. There is no spreader bar diagram. and the one i got from google is way out of date in addition to the annex pole diagram. When i contacted them very blase, i hesitate to wonder how someone with very little experience would go setting one up. Very very poor follow up service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great product for the price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2016

Bought a 2014 Cruizer from the Adelaide Branch and was really surprised with the overall quality. Purchase was made 'eyes open' and expected to find some small problems but am really happy with the unit. Canvas is great and all welds appear just as good as most of the Australian made brands that I inspected pre purchase. The cutlery drawer slide mechanism wasn't aligning and they replaced it no questions. The only thing I have done is replace the jockey wheel with a decent Ark XO Series. Had this thing up the Riverland, down York Peninsular, ac ross to Port Lincoln and just came back from Birdsville Track & Strzelecki Track / Gammon Ranges trip. Absolute minimal dust inside (when it was dry). Encountered about 80Kms worth deep mud north of Cordillo Downs and the trailer just followed the BT50 with no leaks. I'd be confident in tacking this most places the BT would get into. So impressed with it we are looking at upgrading to the XT12.
Pity they closed the Adelaide branch but believe they are looking at re-opening another later this year.

Poor customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

Delivery date pushed back twice, which we could have dealt with if someone contacted us ! had to find that out by calling them myself on the day of the promised date , holidays wasted cause of no camper delivered as promised , emailed Brisbane owner , didn't bother to reply , couldn't care less once been paid , and I haven't even got it yet !

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

MDC 2016 Venturer LT Cape York Edition

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

MDC 2016 Venturer LT Cape York Edition

NOTE: I have no connection with or any affiliation with MDC!

Check end of review for any updates

Besides a few teething issues I am very happy with my purchase. Still in trial trips but soon will be on the 4x4 tracks of the High Country.

The Melbourne branch are fantastic to deal with and Stewart is great PR for the company. He has always answered my calls, gone out of his way to fix small issues and helped when it has been his day off 10/10. Everything you buy today sometimes has a problem but
it how it is fixed, that's where Melbourne MDC has it covered.

Trailer seems to be solid and great bang for buck.

It is what it is! Don't go buying and expect a $60,000 Aussie made camper. It is great "Bang for Your Buck" and I think we will see MDC starting to fill the campsites all over this great country! It will get you off-road and back again and make the family camping a fun adventure. Be prepared to make your own custom alterations to better suit your needs but I am glad to have brought from the Melbourne MDC crew!

It is a good time to be buying a camper with the new Cape York Edition as it is a "Hamburger with the lot"

Update from Grampians Trip :- Handled the rain well and just a tip. When it rains go out and look for any pooling of water on the roof. This will happen if you have not setup the camper correctly. You may need to adjust a pole or a spreader to make a good run off the roof. Once done you will never find a leak. You will need to do this every time you setup and it rains. This is the same rule for any canvas camper.

UPDATE Tue 15th Sept 2016
On Mon 22 Aug 2016 I took ownership of the camper. Took it to the Grampians (26th till 28th Aug). It has been up in the backyard, ever since (18 days of Seasoning). We have had really bad storms in this time (Worst storms in Sept in the last century), days of constant rain and all I got inside was a teaspoon of water (which happened once), in all the rain we had. Wishing it would stop raining so I can pack it up.

I am more happier with my purchase with everyday that goes by.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Not worth the money we paid!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2016

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 helpful votes

They fall apart.!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Afternoon, My name is Courtney. First of all, I would like to apologies for the experience you have had so far. I am here to help. If you would like we can speak over the phone, I'm sure we can... read more »

This camper suits our every need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

Purchased a xt 12 in October 2015 from Brisbane staff very helpful on delivery have had a couple of small issues witch mdc Townsville have fixed .

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon, Thank you for your kind comments about our Brisbane & Townsville team. With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers and Offroad Caravans in the market, we are very happy to hear yoursel... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Be wary before buying!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Bought a MDC Cape York Silver Edition and had to wait around 12 weeks for it which is normal. Drove around 1600km to pick up camper from Perth Depot. Due to the limited time we had, we picked up the camper and drove straight back. Upon returning home, the issues started and haven't stopped since. First the suspension started to fail on one side and I had to get the coil spring replaced as the camper was leaning around 50-60mm. Then I started noticing the poor workmanship on the camper, the boat rack was not straight, the electrical box was not screwed in properly, the floor had a buckle in it, the pump is too small for the hot water unit, etc. etc. It just seems that things keep breaking on it and I have to keep fixing it as I am not close to the dealership to take the camper back. I paid around $20k for this camper expecting it to be there top of the range camper but I guess I was wrong. Please be very wary before buying one of these and don't even get me started on the customer service, oh wait they don't know what that is...

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Stefann, We are very sorry you feel this way about our product and service, however we are here to help! With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers & Offroad Caravans in the market, so... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

MDC Brisbane Shockers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Purchased Jackson rear fold firstly twice they stuffed the delivery date. In the end they had to delivery it to me on a Sat arvo by the owner. Who said any problems call me.
Personally, that's were it all stopped I had water leaks, the wiring wasn't connected properly, tail lights fell apart, wrong mattress, water pump to small to run hot water that came with it. List goes on no back up service at all just wont respond and surprise surprise the response will be with over 20000 campers sold I should have taken in what I read I've never been treated this poorly ever.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Grover, We are very sorry you feel this way about our product and service, however we are here to help! And also apologies for not getting a call back when promised. Our team wil... read more »

1 of 5 pages

Can anyone give a review on the mdc xt12

Kerryn asked on Jul 16, 2016

Answer this

It is a MDC so it will be crap, shop else where

Ok. Thanks . So poor quality overall?

For the money its reasonably good value but make sure everything works and fits .Cause after you payed and drive it away there is no back up service and your pretty much on your own. Be careful.

Just picked up a Venturer V5 Cape York Edition and was wondering whether there is any Step-By-Step written instructions for First Timers and the setting up process?

Clyde asked on Jun 14, 2016

Hi there I live in Adelaide and looking at purchasing a cruiser forward fold. I have read a lot of negative reviews about back up service & warranty. Since MDC are no longer based in adelaide what guarantees or support do you have in place if any problems arise?? My point is that I'm not interested in purchasing a product that I would have to return to Perth at my own expense!

Rich asked on Jun 04, 2016

Answer this

Good Afternoon and thank you for the question.

Even though we do not have an MDC showroom in Adelaide, we still take care of all warranties, repairs and servicing within Adelaide.

Our repairs, warranty and servicing are being done at Adelaide Tarps. Which is located Green Fields SA 5107.

To submit a warranty. It can easier be submitted on our website.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to call myself on 0437 642 026.

Thank you and have a good long weekend.

Regards,
MDC Team

They don't take care of anything, it is bad enough trying to get service when they are 2mins aware, when they are not even in the state then you should definitely look else where as the service will not exist at all.

I wouldn't do it unless you want a lot of greif

See all 21 questions about Market Direct Campers