This camper suits our every need

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2016

Purchased a xt 12 in October 2015 from Brisbane staff very helpful on delivery have had a couple of small issues witch mdc Townsville have fixed .

Be wary before buying!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2016

Bought a MDC Cape York Silver Edition and had to wait around 12 weeks for it which is normal. Drove around 1600km to pick up camper from Perth Depot. Due to the limited time we had, we picked up the camper and drove straight back. Upon returning home, the issues started and haven't stopped since. First the suspension started to fail on one side and I had to get the coil spring replaced as the camper was leaning around 50-60mm. Then I started noticing the poor workmanship on the camper, the boat rack was not straight, the electrical box was not screwed in properly, the floor had a buckle in it, the pump is too small for the hot water unit, etc. etc. It just seems that things keep breaking on it and I have to keep fixing it as I am not close to the dealership to take the camper back. I paid around $20k for this camper expecting it to be there top of the range camper but I guess I was wrong. Please be very wary before buying one of these and don't even get me started on the customer service, oh wait they don't know what that is...

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Stefann, We are very sorry you feel this way about our product and service, however we are here to help! With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers & Offroad Caravans in the market, so... read more »

MDC Brisbane Shockers

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2016

Purchased Jackson rear fold firstly twice they stuffed the delivery date. In the end they had to delivery it to me on a Sat arvo by the owner. Who said any problems call me.
Personally, that's were it all stopped I had water leaks, the wiring wasn't connected properly, tail lights fell apart, wrong mattress, water pump to small to run hot water that came with it. List goes on no back up service at all just wont respond and surprise surprise the response will be with over 20000 campers sold I should have taken in what I read I've never been treated this poorly ever.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Grover, We are very sorry you feel this way about our product and service, however we are here to help! And also apologies for not getting a call back when promised. Our team wil... read more »

Good sound basic starting point.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2016

Gal Extreme 2014 model, I purchased this trailer as a factory second from MDC online so there were items missing ie the kitchen, water tank, tool box, and spare wheel. This suited me as I was able to purchase factory second kitchen and toolbox from MDC and a 85lt water tank, I then fitted the items myself including all electrics to suit my requirements. This has meant I have been able to fit high quality electrical and water components that you would be lucky to find fitted on a $30000 trailer. The basic trailer is solid well built with good we lds and fully galvanised. The design is simple and rugged not to heavy or big, one of the advantages of the Gal Extreme is the short draw bar. I've changed the wheels to match those of my vehicle and changed the hitch from the poly block to a Universal joint type and find the trailer will follow me on any tracks I chose to go on. The trailers electric brakes work well and are a real plus off road. The tent is made of heavy material and good solid zips. I do find the 12ft tent a little on the large side to set up if travelling, but there are no longer any options for the smaller tent. On the negative side some of the wiring for the lights and brakes is a little lite and some what messy.

Fantastic campers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2016

I am now on my second MDC both have been second to none as has been the service, just done 5300klm on out back dirt roads in my Jackson FF not a bit of dust/water in the camper. Great stuff MDC, I will be ordering my third from you

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Morning Corey, Thank you for your kind comments. With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers and Offroad Caravans in the market, we are very happy to hear yourself and your family are making fan... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

Purchased a Trooper March last year. The battery had to be replaced a month after having it, as it would not charge fully. The instructions to put it up were from 2005 and a different model but figured it out ourselves. 2 poles come with no rubber on the bottom so you run the risk of having the poles go through your flyscreen or canvas as you try to pull it out. The door closest to the bed had been sewn on incorrectly so you are unable to get the door straight, causing the flyscreen to start to tear all around the stitch line from the second use. And no they do not cover flyscreen in the 12 month warranty. Don't bother with them

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good experience with the company. Buying my second MDC product.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

I bought an MDC Gal extreme soft floor camper a few years back and very happy with the product, price and service that I received. When I took delivery of the camper there was a dent in the water tank. The tank wasn't leaking but had a dent which looked like Danae from the forklift. One phone call and I had a new water tank delivered within a couple of days. I used the camper a few times and whilst heading up north three Roos jumped out in front of my car whilst I was travelling at 100kph. Emergency stop and the trailer tracked perfectly behind the car as I came to a full stop. I was worried about it jack knifing but no such issue. The camper was easy to set up on my own.. I sold the camper to my cousin a couple of years ago and they use it all the time and love it. I have now just ordered the MDCXT17 HRT. I climbed all over it in the show room and I was very impressed with the quality of the finished product. These vans and camper trailers are made in MDC's factory in China and finished off in their own factories in each State. The owners are Australian and the caravans and campers are subjected to extensive off road testing. The first camper I bought was a bit rough around the edges but this didn't impact on the ability to go off road. A mate also had one of these and towed it across the centre and through the Gulf country without any issues. The new van that I am looking at is outstanding in its finish. They have obviously sorted out their quality control issues. I am so far impressed. Hopefully I will be equally impressed once I take delivery of my new van. I will let you know how it goes.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon John, Thank you for your kind comments. With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers and Offroad Caravans in the market, we are very happy to hear yourself and your family are making fa... read more »

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Told to "piss off and take it to consumer affairs",,, customer service MAY need a little work.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2016

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hello, Thankyou for your comments. Please contact our customer service team on 1300494494 to resolve. Alternatively, you can lodge your warranty claim here:http://www.marketdirect.com.au/trailer... read more »

Sydney

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Issue still not resolved!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2016

Just wanted to update people who have read or will read my last review about our Market Direct Camper trailer. It has been 2 mths now, since we contacted them regarding the numerous holes, rips in our moon roof. The last contact we have had with them was on the 19th of APRIL, even though their reply to our previous review stated someone would contact us soon! We even unfortunately had to contact Fair Trade NSW to help us resolve this issue. MDC will not even reply to them! I tried to to contact them via Facebook, however you will notice only po sitive posts on their page as all negative ones will be deleted. We as well as a few of our friends, have also been permanently blocked from their page. They did reply to one of friends post, stating they will fix it in Brisbane. However we have no plans to go to Brisbane, especially after spending an expensive 6 days in Sydney after they told us they would fix in there. During our trip of Australia we plan to avoid the big cities. They boast in their advertisements that you can "escape with confidence" believe me we have no confidence in this company at all. As consumer law states if a product has a major fault, as this is, the customer is entitled to a PROMPT repair a replacement or a refund. All we want is a repair so that we can relax and enjoy our travels. It is such a shame to see a popular Australia wide company treat their customers so badly.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Philip.

As agreed, when your camper trailer can be dropped off to one of our MDC Showrooms we will gladly replace the tent for you.

Thank you.
MDC Team.

• 1 helpful vote

Good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Bought a gal extreme. Had some minor things, but they were attentive to the issues. For what you pay, it's pretty good.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Morning, We are happy to hear that you like your Camper Trailer. With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers and Offroad Caravans in the market, we are very happy to hear yourself and your family... read more »

No problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2016

Gotta Agree there. Kevin and the team in Adelaide great. Bought a Cruiser FF 2 years ago did a trip around Tassie . When we got back called them to say we had a few minor issues, told to bring it round left it there over night. All issues fixed no worries. have not had any issues since. All in all I don't know what is going on interstate but I would would deal with the Adelaide branch any time. Love the product as well. Great value for money.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Scott, Thank you for your kind comments on our product and about our Adelaide Team. With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers and Offroad Caravans in the market, we are very happy to ... read more »

Gladstone

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

Market direct campers not that good

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

Hi I have a market direct step through camper when I first got it it had some faults with it like leaking water tank and some suspension problems with the springs phone market direct campers as usual got fogged off they said they send a new tank and heavier springs this did not happen being a diesel fitter I fixed the problems my self the camper is three years old now in January this year 2016 I phoned MDC about the axle as I wanted to have a spare I got some young girl on the phone who was relaying what I was saying to someone in the back gro und. I said to her let me talk to the person in the background as she had no idea what I was on about and it was very unprofessional got to talk to the background person told him what I wanted his reply was that's a very old camper I said it's only three years old any way he said he get back to me but never did there service is terrible and I will never buy another market direct camper again. I go to some of the camping shows that are on and when I walk past MDC I tell people not to buy as they are poor campers and the backup service is poor as well I will put my name to this I have nothing to hide Rod Bussey [number removed]

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Good Afternoon Rod, We are very sorry you feel this way about our product and service, however we are here to help! With more than 20,000 Camper Trailers & Offroad Caravans in the market, someti... read more »

1 of 4 pages

Can anyone give a review on the mdc xt12

Kerryn asked on Jul 16, 2016

Answer this

It is a MDC so it will be crap, shop else where

Ok. Thanks . So poor quality overall?

For the money its reasonably good value but make sure everything works and fits .Cause after you payed and drive it away there is no back up service and your pretty much on your own. Be careful.

Just picked up a Venturer V5 Cape York Edition and was wondering whether there is any Step-By-Step written instructions for First Timers and the setting up process?

Clyde asked on Jun 14, 2016

Hi there I live in Adelaide and looking at purchasing a cruiser forward fold. I have read a lot of negative reviews about back up service & warranty. Since MDC are no longer based in adelaide what guarantees or support do you have in place if any problems arise?? My point is that I'm not interested in purchasing a product that I would have to return to Perth at my own expense!

Rich asked on Jun 04, 2016

Answer this

Good Afternoon and thank you for the question.

Even though we do not have an MDC showroom in Adelaide, we still take care of all warranties, repairs and servicing within Adelaide.

Our repairs, warranty and servicing are being done at Adelaide Tarps. Which is located Green Fields SA 5107.

To submit a warranty. It can easier be submitted on our website.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to call myself on 0437 642 026.

Thank you and have a good long weekend.

Regards,
MDC Team

They don't take care of anything, it is bad enough trying to get service when they are 2mins aware, when they are not even in the state then you should definitely look else where as the service will not exist at all.

I wouldn't do it unless you want a lot of greif

See all 21 questions about Market Direct Campers