Poor quality covers and very ordinary customer care when you have a problem once they have your mone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Troy, Sorry to hear about this experience i'm more than happy to have a chat and see what we may be able to do. The red covers today may well be very different to the one you have from 2012... read more »

Verified Purchase

The Worst Customer Service and Company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

This company is unbelievably bad. After 12 months of not being able to use our camper as ordered for new, we have given up trying to get it repaired under warranty and will fix it at our own cost. From the very onset of a terrible rushed handover, we didn't even get to the first night before all of the (3) tanks started leaking water. None of the water level sensors were accurate so we quickly ran out of water with gauges showing half full. Then the water pump failed and they blamed us for not monitoring water level - really!!!!!! Retuned to st ore (3 hour drive back) and they "fixed it, should be good matey". Well it wasn't. Filled up at servo, poured out of 2 tanks immediately. Returned and "should be good now matey". Nope, next day poured out. Solar stopped working, gas hot water failed, rear wheel carrier broken main support pin, top roof seal broken and leaking, the list went on. Took it back, left it with them and returns home (4 hour drive). Well, 5 weeks later still not fixed, pretty annoyed. Agreed would be fixed in 1 week and planned to return. Arrived on planned day, guess what, not finished 9 they started looking at it the day before I arrived). Now they tell me the solar charger is not compatable with my car and i have to buy a different one. Unbelievable. I pay up $650 for "more suitable type". OK, go to test, not working Oh the solar panels have failed, " we will have to get you New nes, matey". None in Australia, come back in 2 months-----. 2 months later panels replaced, spare shall carrier fixed, stone guard replaced 9 oh yeh, it fell off). Off we go again. 2 days into trip, ran out of water. Damm, home we go. (7 Hours). Test 200 litre ( as advertised) water system, can only get 100 litres out. Back to dealer, pulls it apart, says all fixed, test again, best out was 150 litres. Their response was - we never said you could get 200 out, so it is what it is. Unbelievable. Contact Owner ([name removed]) on Facebook says" yup will sort it out locally for you straight away). Emailed him all details, no response, kept emailing no response. Lodged complaint to office fair Trading, he told them. "yes i will attend to and ensure customer is happy". 4 more emails sent to him, guess what, no response. Anyway, the list of defects ever increase, but I have given up on this pathetic business. NOTE to MDC, You do not need to respond to this. The last time you did you swooped in like Superman on social Media to save the day and help your customer, then as soon as the social spotlight dimmed, you went as cold as a naked night in Siberia.

Voyager rear fold

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Just had our first outing in our new purchase, 2 year old MDC Voyager, fantastic, well engineered, over engineered if anything for us, easy to put up after our old soft floor. Only thing would be an online wiring diagram to understand the electrics.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Great to here your enjoying the Voyager Martin. Thanks for the review

Andrew

Private message

MDC don't buy and never there fault

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2017

I brought a MDC step thru ... this is we we went wrong the sales process told me what I wanted to here and I even asked about warranty and claims, the sale staff said the always put warranty before new builds. What a joke !!! This new camper had its brakes fail on the way home for collection I called them and they said it's must be my brake controller... I told them this was a new brake controller installed 1 week before we collected they wanted proof that the correct brake controller was installed .. again I told them it was installed by a pro fessional business. They agreed to look at it. Well I waited 3 weeks and still no reply.
I called and email again and they said they have no records of my warranty.. this company is a joke and don't care about warranty it's now been 7 weeks and only last week after the 9 call they have booked the camper in and I had to wait 3 weeks before they could look at it... I'll keep this posted updated.
At this stage I don't want the camper as it's a lemon on delivery.
List of claims

Electrical brakes have never worked
Fridge wiring had never been connected
Rust already and we have never used it
One side panel come apart which was only pop riveted...
The jockey wheel pins had also faking out on the way home.

These campers a poorly built and at this stage as it's a lemon on delivery I want a full refund and I'll buy a camper from WILD BORE

Have already logged a case with QCAT, ACCC and my son who is a barrister is also getting involved.

Never buy from this company again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Shane, I'm very sorry to here about this situation. Are you able to call me to discuss, we are working to ensure trailers are getting booked and promptly returned with any issues fixed. Wo... read more »

Awesome Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

After reading some not so nice reviews, I wanted to send in a more accurate account of customer service, which I received at MDC Perth. We absolutely love our camper, JFF, we have only encounter a couple of minor issues, (we have been out in it several times), which have been corrected immediately by Fernando. He has delivered wonderful customer service, a wonderful camper, and is always happy to help with any enquiries. I would recommend MDC to all!

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Thanks Bec good to see you have had fantastic service from the crew in Perth, I hope you plenty of fun times with your camper.

After Sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

Well i wish we had taken note of the reviews but we thought people were just whingers.Well now we now they were not. We have purchased a Cape York in November 2016 and as of today have still been unable to use it. We have found that the aftersales service to be unhelpful we have been spoken to rudely the phone has been put down on us,we get ignored, and have been called a liar by the staff. the extra electrics we paid for were not installed which they fixed straight away as we did not take the trailer home.Then we found that the 12volt was not working and one of the sockets went straight through because it was not fixed inside,we was told this could not be fixed before xmas as they were too busy and told to call after the 9th of January and not to use the trailer, we called on the 19th of january to bring the trailer in and was told they could not fix it until the end of February and after i lost my cool and asked for the area managers number they got the trailer in that day, we then found we could not drive it in as it had no break lights.they had it for 3 or 4 days we asked for the warrenty to be started from now as we have been unable to use the trailer as instructed by MDC. We were told by Ian that he would call Andrew and arrange it we have now been told no they will not do this.We have now found that water goes in through the back near to the mattress we found this when we hosed the trailer down to get the dust off it,We have today spoken to MDC and was told they find it highly unlikley that water has got in but we have taken photos.also told my partner has been hung up on.All we get is rudness and lies.the hand over was terrible we was not even shown how to open it up and set up as we was told would happen as part of the deal.as first time owners we find this very dissapointing.we only get any response when we say we will start to complain.We have just this minute been told by Andrew if we have anymore issues just to call and ask HaHaHa that is funny as today when we tried to call and ask we were hung up on and called a liar.So dont buy from MCD unless you can stand a lot of aggrivation and stress

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Really Disappointed, Sorry you felt you were treated that way when you rang the showroom. I am personally sorry if you were hung up on, glad we had a chance to have a conversation yesterday wh... read more »

• 3 answers

MDC FF ownership

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2017

After using my MDC FF over the last few years on both smooth road and rough dirt tracks I can believe that the test videos on these campers are quite true. The camper is tough and reliable defiantly stronger than the owner, simple to put up and very functional. The ability to set up in tight spaces in rough terrain cannot be underestimated.
I had one warranty issue that was simple to repair and the product was supplied by MDC without hesitation, I complete all maintenance on the camper and can verify that the materials used are quite reliable
and easy to repair when the inevitable small accident does happen. Yes I have repaired the draw slides and adjusted the brakes, replaced the odd press stud, but as we all expect when our vehicles go in for service adjustments and replacements are made.
Overall the camper is good value and I am happy that I purchased the unit, thus would recommend it to any one wanting reliable camping in the great land called Australia.

Private message

Great service and no sales push

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2017

From the time I walk into the set up at the Eastern Creek Show, Alicia an MDC sales person was down to earth and didn’t try to push a sale. She spent a while with me and a couple of mates listening to what I wanted and showed me around what was best suited to me. The next day I went back out and saw Alicia again but this time with my father, as he wants to use the camper as well. She remembered me and showed my father around what she showed me the previous day, answering a lot of question to the best of her knowledge and was honest with us if s he didn’t know the answer, also explaining what the harder parts would be for my father as he is aging.

A few months passed and I decided to go ahead and buy one. I contacted Alicia and she still remembered me, organised a time to go to the Sydney Show Room, and look through the campers while asking more question, yet again she was honest and very helpful. We decided on the Jackson forward fold and ordered that day.

As the camper had to be transported to Sydney which would take a couple of weeks, Alicia and her team kept us up to date with everything going on before organising a date and time for pick up.

There was a minor issue to do with wanting a different hitch which was noticed prior to pick up, this was rectified on the camper when we arrived for handover. Pick up was a breeze Alicia handed my father and me to Dane who showed us through the camper. Once home we hosed the canvas and got it ready for a night away. As I was packing up the awning a had a question, so I called Alicia and she was very helpful of the phone. Went away for the night, set up, and had a relaxing night. As I was packing up to head home I realized one of the stabilizer legs wasn’t going to its correct position, I spoke to Alicia we exchanged photos via text, as she was in the area she decided to come to me and look at the problem, offering to fix it back at the shop during the week. I asked if I could look at it and see if I could fix it without affecting the warranty. She was fine with this, I found the problem and fixed it, it was an easy fix. Once fixed I spoke to Alicia again to inform her of what I had done.

I’ve had a really good experience so far and would recommend them to people. Now I just need to take it off-road and have some fun. Then write another review.

Double dome swag

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2017

Absolutely terrible,more like a 2 week delivery and still waiting,but as soon as you give MDC your money its suddenly your problem,could not recommend,disappointed

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Larry, Sorry to hear about the delay in your swag, It's currently on freight as it comes out of the Melbourne that's part of our online store. Hopefully it shouldn't be too far away. ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great customer service and awesome van.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2017

We purchased a XT17 which has been such an awesome van. There were some issue that have Been fixed by Courtney in WA Eeven though I am I adelaide. She has been great these issue happened about 6 months ago. Have only just around to telling people. You know the saying a happy person tells 2 people and upset person tell 20. And as another comment I do regular maintance on my van to ensure that all nuts and tilts are tight and ready for the next trip. I am really happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Very happy you are enjoying the XT17.

if you have any questions, call your sales rep and they will be more than happy to discuss.

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

2 Year Review - MDC Gal Extreme

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

Hi People.
Firstly, I must admit I do not know much about camper trailers. We (2a and 2c) love camping and exploring Oz.
Secondly, rather than spend uber $, we decided to include price as a consideration, this meant that we would not be sold on luxury items, or who made them etc.
Thirdly, we are not glampers, and basic packages do quite well for us.
Now, having owned trailers before, and seeing how quickly they rust, we thought it was a good idea to get a galvanised model. True to form, no signs of rust yet. At the time of purchase, we
were able to score the gal version at the same prices as the powder-coated model. (Sorry MDC team - you'll probably be hammered by customers now).
So, sales helpful, and the product was delivered a few days before eta. (full ticks and thanks).
The delivery came with an instructional video, which my wife insisted I watch, knowing that I rarely, if ever, follow instructions. But then again, I'm a bloke, what more can I say?
The foldout is easy. Setting up the awning a little bit more complex, but I think everyone can make it easier for themselves with more practice.
Since purchase in Nov 2014, we have spent a total of 46 nights gracing campsites around SEQ. We have also towed the camper to Tasmania for a 15 night trip, and Carnarvon, Cania, Woodgate for a 9 night expedition. For the budget conscious, this so-far represents a return of $152/night for a family of 4 (not including park fees - unpowered sites)
Mostly sealed roads with some 2wd gravel short treks, but no off-roading. (we are not chasing barramundi, nor are we a bunch of rednecks - sorry!)
OK, so we have experienced no leaks, no issues. although recently, the drain hose for the sink broke. I purchased an ill-fitting temp extendable hose from Bunnings until I can get the proper size one. But hey, that's not a complaint, at most, just a whinge!
The mattress is bloody comfortable, the setup really great (although we went with the 7 foot tent, I'd recommend the larger version as when we don't set up the annex as an enclosed tent, the 7 foot MDC-05 is a little small for 2 stretcher beds) - another whinge.
I don't thing that we have been lucky at all with the product. I can't comment on other brands, because I haven't had anything to do with them. I feel for those who have found problems and hope they can be resolved really quickly and cheaply. We have not had to experience any after-sales support.
Please feel free to PM me if you like to ask me more questions.
Regards & thanks.

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi Joey,

Fantastic review of our product glad you love it, Happy to see you also spent the time to be a verified purchaser.

Ararat

• 5 helpful votes

Poor customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

We bought an MDC Stepthrough Camper and discovered that the tent had not been constructed properly and didnt actually fit the camper. After lodging a warranty claim and multiple phone calls to the Melbourne branch we are yet to have our claim resolved. We have been told that a new tent would be sent down from Brisbane but now it is several months later and there is still no sign of a replacement tent. Very disappointed with the service and communication.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Market Direct Campers Official

Hi catelwil1,

this is a huge concern and should not happen at all, please get in touch with me to discuss.

1 of 8 pages

Some stitching on the inside of the tent , have ripped out , in the roof . This is the second time we have used it. Do we need to drive it back to the shop ( in Perth ) , or does somebody locally fix it?

Stuart asked on Feb 19, 2017

I am looking into swapping my 2000 model millard caravan for a 2014 mdc camper off road never have I owned one before so I don't have any idea if it's a good buy????its got all the bells and whistles to it and great for free camping so that's a bonus,I was also wondering if we would be able to attach more rooms of it as we have 5 kids and need the space it has a hard floor so again any feed back would be fantastic??thanks all regards John..

Johnboy asked on Feb 06, 2017

Answer this

John
As my review concluded they are a very tough camper van and suit off road camping. I have added extra canvas areas to my camper and used the local canvas people, I note that some of the campers have extra rooms that can be purchased from MDC. If I was purchasing second hand I would check the shocks for any oil residue, the hitch for any elongation of the main pin attachment, and underneath for broken welds etc all these systems can be put down to hard mileage and rough treatment and if found the price should be showing the needed repairs.

As we have traveled I have found most people are sensible but when traveling in 4 wheel drive country the fools at the wheel do astound me, thus some campers can have very hard mileage on them, if it does not look good then think about another camper.

Before camping with any new tent I do a couple of things firstly I wet the canvas over a couple of days about three times, I then allow the canvas to dry for a week and then spray with a good canvas waterproofing, my current camper was in Ipswich last year when they had the worst rain event on 50 years not a drop inside, our last trip up north it rain for a week once again not a drop, had a lot of other fellow campers complaining about there canvas leaking. I also use candle wax on the zippers especially if camping around the salt water areas this stops the zipper from sticking and prevent zip lock when the zipper is stored in the fully up or down position.

I hope your purchase goes well and you enjoy your new freedom
Bobm

Thanks bob really appreciate your time to answer my question many thanks again happy camping

We purchased a 2016 Ventura Cape York edition trailer from you. One question. We have had the trailer out three times since we picked it up. When trying to charge the batteries via the external 240v 15a plug, although the plug shows a red light, it doesn't show as charging on the battery meter. When I charge from the alternator or solar, it shows as charging? The power switch is turned on under the mattress, so I guess I need to know how to charge off the 240v so the batteries are fully charged before we leave home please. Any assistance is appreciated. Kind regards, Mick

Mick asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Mick,
I am not MDC but just an owner, when you charge off 240v lead on my trailer you have too;
1) turn the main switch to the on position, this turns on the meters and the main buss.
2) the battery isolation switch then has to be turned on, when it is the battery meter should indicate a charge the indication can take up to 30 seconds before showing. On my unit it indicates a negative rate but it really means positive flow into the batteries.
3) when I am charging at home in the garage I pop open the top about 200mm just to allow any trapped heat from the charger to flow out of the camper.

My van is a MDC FF with the batteries under the seat and the charger also under the seat.

See all 37 questions about Market Direct Campers