This product has been discontinued by NAB.

Mky Qld

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes

stay away from nab

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2016

If you want hassles join the NAB train, its full of problems, overcharges, zero help from their help section, then try to go to a branch, nab are keeping customers waiting obviously to cut down their instore banking, you can stand there for half an hour, unheard of in quality banking
Credit unions are people friendly

Excellent - very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2013

Very happy. I did a balance transfer to my NAB Gold Visa - 1% interest for 12 months. I've saved over $1000 in interest payments. Plus, I think that NAB are much better than my previous bank (it's name starts with "C").

NAB lets me reduce my credit limit online - my last bank will only lower your credit limit if you go into a branch.

My last bank would also call me quite often trying to sell me products & services which I don't want. It got quite annoying after a while.

Happy with NAB and I hope to get a mortgage with them one day.

+ Low cost, money saving, good service.

- The interest rate is a bit high once the low interest rate ends - 19.5%.

• 85 helpful votes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2012

the thing i like about this card is free travel insurance when trip expenses are paid on the card. however the annual fee is quite expensive and you need to pay to be part of the rewards program. annual fee is quite high. only up to 44 interest free days - other cards have a longer period of interest free. a well recognised credit card world wide

+ good rewards program. it is expensive though - you have to pay extra to participate.

- high annual fee. you have to pay to participate in the rewards program. high interest if not paid in full by due date

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

OK

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2008

Good service and many promotion. Can be used with Flybuys. The rate is reasonable and online service is efficient. Just pay attention to the statement date and pay due.

+ No Annual Fees with load package and can be used everywhere. the annual limit is reasonable. Of course, the presence of the card is one of most beautiful one I've even seen. Have some promotion like free DVDs from QuickFlix, etc.

- My statement date is at the end of the month, but I have to pay at the beginning of next Month, which make me a feeling that I have to pay the credit card soon once I swiped it.

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2007

Overall it is a good handy card and I have had good service from the office if there has been a problem.

+ It is accepted everywhere, travel insurance when paying with your card, good interest free period, rewards program linked to frequent flyers

- I have had my card for twenty years-but the conditions keep changing which I feel
is not fair/conditions on signing up should remain the same???

• 47 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2007

I really like the way that they take care of you and it is really easy to get approved for the national australai bank visa gold. I love that is is linked to mastercard and it is widely accepted. They also offer telephone banking and it is fast and simple.

+ I is really good they offer cover if you loose your card and someone else spends money on it, the annual feel is fairly reasonable at just $90 a year which is pretty standard.

- It is not very good to look at and I am a girl and like things to look pretty like my virgin pink credit card.

• 11 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2007

Interest free period good - need to pay off balance each month to make it worthwhile. Link to flybuys very good - easy to redeem rewards e.g gift vouchers.
Accepted every where!!

+ No annual fee as part of a professional package.

- No particular concerns

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2007

Its great but if you are looking for the rewards points we just simply found the whole procedure of dealing with an outside company too harrowing.

+ convenience. Branch is everywhere.

- rewards program - too hard to join up. They don't do it inside the branch - a real pain!!!

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2007

Payments can be automatically debited from your account on the due date which can make it easy to pay off in time. You can choose either the mimimum payment due, or the whole monthly balance.
Can add to Gold rewards programme and you can get vouchers or even credits on the credit card which can easily be done over the phone. However there is a limit to how many points you can earn which is annoying. The card can also be linked to fly buys which can give you extra rewards.
All my reissued cards have come out on time.

+ Easy to use and widely accepted. Has a lot of interest free days.

- Getting through to the NAB card call centre can be time consuming.

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2007

Nothing great about this card or the package. If i didn't have all other banking with NAB, I probably wouldn't keep it

+ Card has same benfefits as any other VISA card, though linking to FLyBuys is a bonus

- The annual $88.00 fee.

• 8 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2006

So much for loyalty NAB, the Frequent Flyer points speak volumes and you arent playing in the same league as the other credit cards!!

+ Cant think of any that differentiate them from the other credit cards

- I am getting rid of my NAB Gold card because of its poor point earning potential at 1.5 Rewards giving you only 1 qantas frequent flyer point. The Citibank Visa and the AMEX(accelerator)offer a much better rewards system