• 4 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: 871624 Date Purchased: May 2015

Avoid at all costs - heap of junk

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

Problem from day one is it takes a long time for hot water to flow. Hot tap has to be on high and once hot water flows any adjustment of the cold tap makes it run cold. Not practicable and not fit for purpose. Rheem say it's normal. Why does Rheem produce a unit that's not user friendly? Surely, they must be able to adjust the unit so the burner operates on low flow rates. Not happy Jan. I note a lot of unhappy customers are concerned manufactures warranty has or is about to expire. Don't be concerned about that because you are protected by consumer warranty law. If you not sure how it applies google it and certainly don't be put off by Rheem telling you it's out of warranty.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Dear Tom, We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelati... read more »

I received a call today (31/5/2017) from a lady in customer relations who seemed genuinely interested in resolving this issue. She said she will speak with management and call me back. I feel I w... read more »

No response from Rheem yet.

Brisbane

Model: 875024 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Rheem continuous flow 875E24

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

This unit should not be for sale.
Unit takes 10 seconds to warm up, once warm adjusting the cold tap is impossible, just a little too much cold, you have to start the process again. Taps off, warm up hot, adjust cold.. Kids don't like this at all..
First ever bad review, promised I'd never do one, but for $1,275.67 it's time!!!
Salmon Plumbing won't take responsibility for suggesting the unit and Rheem keep selling it.
Tried to book a technician, I own a corgi and work. Tehcnician is unable to enter property with a corgi because you just never know when a corgi can go rogue!!!

Model: 871624 Date Purchased: Sep 2014

Not happy!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

This product has not beeb reliable since day one,
We have had the rheem technician come out three time and all three visit he has said that he can't find what is wrong with it. He is either useless or a good actor, because from what i can see here rheem have nothing but promblems with their systems!!!!!
At one time the technician said to my wife tgat he changed the panel? He didn't change anything! Than he said it was the temping gauge valve which cost me $175.00 for a plumber to come and replace, even that plumber told that he doubts that w
as the issue.
For the last 3 weeks we have to go outside and switch the system off and on every day at least 2 or more times a day. And now the system is just about to be out of warranty if its not already.
Every time we call customer service all we get told is it will be $$$$ for a call out and $$$$ for every half hour after that.
Instead of telling how much it will cost how about you fix the rubbish you supplied me in the first place!!!!!!

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Anthony, We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate the issue. Could you please send your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review,... read more »

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 5 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Model: 876627 Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Complete junk

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Temp set to a max 50 deg is USELESS and forget about hot water getting to the kitchen so you can wash up not to mention the amount of wasted cold water waiting for it to heat up. Unfit for use buy something else that works.
PILE OF JUNK enough said.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Cudeco5, We have spoken with our Service team who are happy to assist you, however due to limited availability of personal data on this website, we’re unable to confirm your contact details. F... read more »

Hi i have sent a email with my phone number as advised
David

Still waiting

Melbourne

Customer service emergency call

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2016

We had a new home built and put a continuous hot water system Rheem 27
We had visitors stay over and the hot water was fine but all of a sudden no hot water, had an electrician look at it and said that there was power there, gas and water supply the the unit which had been confirmed that it's still under warranty and the contact staff wanted was to get my card details firstly just I case it's not a warranty issue and told me to go to a family member home 1.5 hours away to shower as they have no technicians over the week end and the earliest T
im was Monday between 8 and 4 pm this is not good enough at all and more interested in protocalls than the customers inconvenience plus as I have read up its a common issue code 11 , donot know how such a large company cannot send a warranty technician on site over the week end rubbish call centre when they said they were going to call back between 10-11am and I had to call back at 1 pm again at no result, a good way to gauge a companies overall performance is how quick and respond to warranty issues
Regards John
It's 530 Sat afternoon and emailing Rheem and pursuing further an off ice stands member from Sydney called me and discussed that she was getting one of their service people to contact myself and possibly rectify my problem so thumbs up to the lady in the office and the awesome gentleman who rectified the issue straight away and it wasn't that hard but the call centre should not work off a script and if unsure they should escalate it to some one who can really put themselves in customers position and not ask for card details, please take note this is an opportunity to put your product first and if it's not product related put it down to great customer service and you will get customers coming back
End result all going great now but it was difficult at the beginning

Model: 27L Internal (862627)

What happened to the rheem of old?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

Had a bank of commercial units installed in a block of units 5 years ago. Within 6 months we had the first failure. Managed to get a service person to come out, but as the units were on a trafficable roof, he refused to get up there. It was fine for their sales rep to go up there and suggest that thats the perfect place for their installation.
We have had 6 fail without being able to get warranty work done and had to replace the units.
I used to recommend Rheem to all my customers but that's a thing of the past.
Don't waste your money, buy a Rinnai that's not factory set at 50 deg.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Franky Fairgo, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Model: 874027

Just off warranty and broken down

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

Purchased Rheem 27 brand new. Just over 3 years now broke down at the peak of winter night and no longer covered by warranty. Called Rheem and greeted by a very unenthusiastic reps. Cost just to get someone to inspect is $350 minimum, for an appointment a few days later. I should have spent a bit more for more respectable brands.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Pumbaa, We have passed your message forward, however Rheem were unable to locate your details based on your username. Could you please send us your appropriate contact details through to rheemc... read more »

The repair man came. looked at the code 11 error displayed on the unit and without any testing took out the ignition module right from his pocket and replaced the old one promptly - the heater work... read more »

Model: 27L Internal (862627)

Commercial Unit with Domestic Components?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2016

We have 3 Rheem Continuous Flow Heaters Model 862627 that have each had the waterbody valve replaced in less than 2 years of service. These units are on a common manifold with a circulation pump supplying a buffer tank for a 30 Apartment complex. As a resident we have been pleased with the performance of these units but we do have some concerns about the reliability going forward. No hot showers when the valves in two separate units fail hence the rating.
The first replacement was under warranty but we are yet to be advised whether the replace
ment valves for the other two units will be a warranty replacement. The Technical Department at Rheem implied that the usage cycle was more severe than a domestic application, which I agree with, but as the cost of the units was significantly more than a domestic model it would not be unreasonable to expect the quality of components should be matched to the usage. Await further developments to identify the cause and I might upgrade the rating

Model: 875024

Waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2016

I have two of these continuous hot water systems installed at home.

The first one stopped working at the beginning of winter and the Rheem service was so terrible that I had to get the ombudsman involved to resolve my case as Rheem had some technical issue in their systems and hence were not able to schedule an engineer to replace the product even after following up almost for 2 months.

The second hot water system at home has broken down last week and I don't think it is worth my time to chase up on this. I have had other systems that have lasted over 5 years without an issue. This is a clearly an inferior product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Alex, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review s... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 23 helpful votes

Model: 871026

NEVER EVER EVER WILL I EVER BUY A RHEEM PRODUCT AGAIN

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2016

I built my house in 2009 and had one of these units fitted. The first unit failed within 12 months. Rheem replaced under warranty. Technician told me it was the control board, and that it would 100% fail again and rheem would continue to replace it until the warranty ran out. Sure enough, warrenty ran out and it failed again in exactly the same way. It's a slow failure.... you can be having a shower and suddenly it just goes cold... then after about 60 seconds (which feels like about 20 years in ice-cold shower-time) it will get gradually warm again. It does this for no reason... no one else can be home... there can be absolutely no change to water pressure and suddenly it's just ice. These failures become more and more frequent until they are indefinite. I'm now up for my 3rd Hot Water system in 6 years... that's 1 system per 2 years on average. Totally unacceptable garbage products. I'm building a new house and I've specified to the builder I refuse to accept any Rheem products. You should do likewise.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Capitol B, We appreciate the feedback you have provided but are concerned to hear of your experience. If you would still like to speak further about your issue or need assistance, please send a... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Model: 876627

How to fix problems with too hot too cold

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

I previously posted a review titled Too Hot Too Cold after not being able to have a decent shower with a temperature I could not control. After posting I also sent an email of complaint. I was also contacted by customer service after they read my review on here. After several calls and emails of my ranting Rheem agreed to send out a serviceman free of charge. I want to point out I did ask on several occasions "Is there anything I can check myself to remedy the problem?" Was offered no suggestions. Serviceman comes out and I explain that it takes two buckets of water before I get hot water then it is so hot I can't stand under the shower. Minor adjustments on the tap and it goes cold. He says "I know what your problem will be - the water restrictors in your tap. These things are to reduce your water flow so you don't use so much water. He was right - removed them and great hot water almost immediately and then can adjust the temperature to suit. Rheem really needs to educate their Tech Support that this is a solution. Hot water to the sink can be fixed this way too. So now I'm very happy with the system.

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ena,

Thank you for your positive review, we are happy to hear that your issue has been resolved. Additionally, we will pass on the feedback to the relevant managers. Have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Sydney

Model: 871024

Very poor gas hot (the water is only luke warm) water service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2015

My wife and I have just moved into a new unit having made the decision to "downsize". This is our first experience with the brave new world of "instant gas hot water". We waste 6+ liters of water before we reach maximum temperature of 45 deg C every time we turn on any tap. 45 deg C is totally useless in the kitchen for washing up greasy dishes and for wiping down the food preparation benches. It just doesn't get any hotter!!!! In our former house of 45 years we had a Rheem 415 liters off-peak electric HWS set at 60 deg C. We never ran out of w ater, no one was ever burnt and washing up was always achieved without the frustration that we are now experiencing.

The Metro Plus unit that the builder fitted to all the units in our complex looks like a very basic HWS with no user selectability whatsoever. We can only describe this unit as being totally unfit for the purpose for which it is intended. We are very unhappy.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Rheem Official

Hi Ted I, We would like to learn more about this matter and would much appreciate if you could send us your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review... read more »

1 of 5 pages

Hi there. I have the Rheem Everhot 20 274020NF - A and most of the time it works perfectly fine but then some times it just doesn't want to heat the water. When you go to the unit you can smell gas and cannot feel the heat coming from it. The red light is also flashing. If you sit there for half an hour turning the tap on and off again sometimes it fixes it... Sometimes not. I've checked the water filter and turned the main power supply. This doesn't help. I don't want to pay $100s to get a plumber out for it to just start working as it doesn't happen all the time. What could the issue be?

Lisa asked on Apr 17, 2017

Dear Lisa,

We are sorry to hear about your situation and our customer service team would like to investigate the issue. If you could please email your contact details through to rheemcustomerrelations@rheem.com.au, referencing this review, our customer service team will contact you to assist accordingly.

Rheem Australia

Hi Rheem, I have a Rheem 18 continuous flow gas system. It is working perfectly fine. Just wanted to know how often should I get it serviced? Thanks and regards, Blyton.

Blyton asked on Mar 13, 2017

Hi Blyton,

Thank you for providing us with your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 13 10 31, one of our friendly staff will be able to assist accordingly.

Rheem Australia

I have a therm 16 continuous hot water service and no hot water the ok monitor is flashing red is that normal? Also the previous tenants have turned it off any ideas please

Leo asked on Jan 18, 2017

Hi Leo,

Thank you for providing us with your question. If you could please contact us by phone on 131031, one of our friendly staff will be able to assist accordingly.

See all 27 questions about Rheem Continuous Flow

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

871024 875024 874027 27L Internal (862627) 871026 871624 876627 874020 874627 875026 876020 874018 876018
Price (RRP) $1287 $1287 $1458 $1144 $1144 $1029 $1029

The main difference between these models is flow rate, efficiency rating