Samsung ME6124ST / ME6124W Reviews

RRP $249 - $299

Show prices Write a review

What a stunning MW Oven

reviewed on Jun 12, 2014

Wow, we sure did make the best choice buying this MW. I was researching the Choice Mag recommendations but didn't like anything they recommended and I was keen on a ceramic interior. This MW gives a 10yr guarantee on the interior, has 1min instant cook button you can add to during cooking but also less/more options for adding or taking off 10sec each time AND no cooling off noise. Oh yes, a good kitchen timer is included. Only thing is that the door is rather dark so it's hard to see if anything is about to boil over... small concern given all the great things about this oven. Although 100MW less than our old oven, the Samsung 1000MW cooks much more effectively. Love it!

+ 1min instant cook button, more/less option, no cooling noise, ceramic interior

- Door a bit dark

A disappointment

reviewed on Feb 27, 2014

After 20 years with a reliable Panasonic microwave we eventually decided a new one was on the cards. While I was keen for another Panasonic, online reviews had suggested Samsung microwave ovens were at the top of the pack. So when, in store, there was a Samsung ME61 (24 Litre version) going 1/2 price we decided to go for it. BAD CHOICE.
The metallic housing is obviously a little loose compared to the Panasonic and vibration causes more noise.
The interior light makes a buzzing sound (this may be solved by replacing the globe as it sounds like the globe element).
The keypad does not seem intuitive to me...or my wife.
Seems to heat the container more than the food [I know there are certain ceramics etc that tend to get hot in the microwave - however I was just heating a mug of coffee (1 min) and when I went to remove it I got a nasty burn on my fingers. Meanwhile I could stick a finger in the coffee and keep it there for a few seconds before it became uncomfortably hot - it was barely steaming! When heating the same mug in the old microwave the coffee got hot and I could easily handle the mug without getting burnt!)
Keep away from this DUD.

+ one button start [there is a +1min button that you can press and the microwave immediately starts; full power for 60 seconds. Press it again and you get 2 min.)

- Lots

ME6124W

Great microwave for the price!

reviewed on Feb 06, 2014

Contrary to other reviews of this appliance I have had absolutely no problems and have been using it for around 2 months now. It looks good, it's easy to clean and it's been functioning perfectly.
It is quite powerful, much more than my old Panasonic so takes less time to heat food. I use it mainly for reheating, thawing and for cooking vegetables and sauces. I'm not fond of cooking complete dishes in microwaves as I prefer oven baking so can't comment on problems mentioned such as overheating, cutting out etc.
I love the 'kitchen timer' function as it's far less complicated to use than the one on my oven so I use it for any type of cooking on any of my appliances in the kitchen.

+ I have explained most of the pros in my review above

- Nothing so far

Not worth the money

reviewed on Jun 12, 2013

I should have read the reviews before (but having had good experience with other Samsung items I thought I should be alright).
In short: This microwave is a bit of junk. All problems others reported I had/noticed as well.
- Very poor build quality (door is since new out of angle and doesn't open smoothly)
- The light inside is a joke, you can't see anything
- Terrible loud (occasionally - why that?)
- Stopped working 1 month after warranty expired

I certainly think twice (or check carefully reviews upfront) when buying Samsung products. At least this one is not better (like worse) than any no-name microwave you buy for half the price.

+ The look

- Basically all

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?
Comments

concerned94 - Thanks i was going to buy this but not now.

Fire Hazard

reviewed on May 31, 2012

It was working Ok untill 2 weeks ago when it started operating by itself.I switched it off, unplugged it from wall hoping it will reset itself and turned it back on. But after few minutes later, It beeped, 5 minutes appeared on screen and it started operating itself.
It was still in full warranty as I only bought it 10 months ago. Got it repaired from Samsung repair centre in Granville (icure). Within few hours of turning it back on, same problem has come back.

+ Easy to clean.

- started operating by itself. Fire hazard.

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?
Comments

concerned94 - Thank you. Will not buy .

A bit irritating

reviewed on Apr 29, 2012

It has worked consistently, no failures or overheats. We had a Samsung microwave before this one that lasted about 12 years and worked well so we deliberately looked for another. Have found this disappointing though- mainly because the turntable is not stable and falls off easily. It has space for a large bowl which is good. It looks fine, it microwaves!

Purchased at: The Good Guys

- The turntable falls off whenever anything is placed too far from the centre. The defrost settings are not intuitive- I should probably hunt out the instructions- but I find it irritating that its not obvious.

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?

Do not waste your time... buy another brand

reviewed on Apr 26, 2012

Seemed to work ok... however, did get extremely hot when cooking.
After having it for 2 years and alot of that it wasn't even used... it now displays an error and can not be used at all and is going to cost about $150 to get it fixed... apparently it is a common fault with these microwaves... the touchpad shorts out and is no longer operable...

+ Looks

- Expensive for what it is, not useable after about 1.5 yrs of using it...

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?
Comments

David2525 - Same product same problem. Don't buy this.

Junk

reviewed on Feb 22, 2012

Chose this microwave oven because it was the only microwave available at the time that fitted the recess in our kitchen - that was a mistake, should have down my usual research before purchase.
Problem 1 - cooling fan rattled when first used - no biggie, easily fixed
Problem 2 - turntable derails if mug or bowl not placed directly in centre
Problem 3 - (THE BIG ONE) overheats and then shuts down after a very short time - I'm meaning overheating whilst trying to cook rice!!!
Reason given was not enough adequate ventilation - overheating and shutting down after just 5 minutes use - nope that's pathetic. We are talking about getting so hot you can't touch the outer casing.
My previous microwave a Sharp Carousel lasted 8 years in the same spot without a problem, never got hot, never shut down - tried to by another Sharp but unfortunately the new model is slightly too big to fit in the recess.

+ Easy to use interface

- Overheats, build quality, turntable derails, price

Bad design

reviewed on Jan 05, 2012

I agree with previous comments that the dark interior makes it hard (impossible?) to see the cooking process. The almost black enamel has no reflective light from the lamp illumination.
We have returned ours because of that - and have replaced it with one having a white interior. You need to see what's going on during the cooking to avoid boil-overs, etc. without having to open the door to check, which stops the cooking process.
Samsung have made a ridiculous oversight and would be far better changing the interior to a white (or pale cream) colour. Enamel is OK for cleaning. What's happened to proper R&D ??
The door is only plastic, including the window, and very flimsy. It didn't fit well when we unpacked it and I was able to "twist" it to make it close properly.
Otherwise, in the brief time we had it, the oven seemed to function OK except for a suffocating heat related odour; probably the volatiles burning off. I don't know how long that would last - we couldn't stay in the kitchen while it was on.
I'm concerned with earlier reviews regarding the erratic nature of the oven; switch-offs, resets, etc. There are too many similar comments for it to be a non-issue.
I would not recommend this oven.

- Poor interior illumination, flimsy construction.

• 1 person found this helpful, do you?

Bad

reviewed on Jan 26, 2011

Wont buy samsung again. Really disgusted with disposable products on the market. What a waste of the worlds resources. Rubbish

+ Worked ok when it was working

- Had similar problem to other reviewers. The microwave shows SE error- an error which is not referred to in the manual. Wont even turn itself on now. Occasionally works for about 10 seconds. Will be making a complaint to the ACCC- microwave not fit for purpose.

• 2 people found this helpful, do you?

Terrible

reviewed on Jan 01, 2011

I will never buy anything samsung again. I wish I had read these reviews first. It looks like a nice microwave, but its only good as an ornament on the bench, not good for cooking/reheating

- I have had this microwave for about 6 months. At first, I came home from the shop and it wouldn't work at all. Took that one back and got and new one. Within 3 months it was displaying an error on the screen and wouldn't work. Took that one in to get fixed and it took the repairer 6 weeks to fix it under warranty.

Terrible

reviewed on Dec 09, 2010

Wont bother with Samsung products again as they refused to replace what was obviously a dangerous product. Pathetic microwave. Wouldnt take one if it was free.

+ Doesnt have any

- Complete pile of rubbish. Turns itself on when no person touches it and starts cooking with nothing inside. It then shuts itself off with an error message. Took it to the repairers as it was under warranty and they supposedly fixed it. Same thing happening again.

1 of 2 pages

Samsung ME6124ST / ME6124W Questions

microwave oven display coming _5_ after that not working why?

jis.had.18 asked on Sep 15, 2013

Provide an answer →

Have you used Samsung ME6124ST / ME6124W or want to learn more about it?

Write a review Ask a question

This page is actively monitored by Samsung representatives.