• 2 comments

ME6124W

Can't wait for it to break

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Purchased this M/oven 22/10/2014.Took it home and started using it.It's loud,it vibrates when in use.The door open button is clumsy and hard,you have to push hard to open the door and sometimes the M/oven moves before you can get the thing open.The see through door has a dark tint,the inside is black and the light is so dull it is impossible to see inside while it is in use.Not good for milk or o Read more ther food that is likely over spill.I have a few Samsung products in the house,all good except for this one.My first and last Samsung Microwave oven that i will ever buy.Don't know if it is different,but my one is the ME6124W-1.

• 1 answer

ME6124W

Yet another pleasing Samsung purchase. So easy to clean, cooks quickly and evenly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2014

Just approaching 2 years old and have never had an issue. Love the enamel interior, so easy to clean. Large interior. Best microwave we have ever owned, and we have gone through several. With teenagers constantly coming and going, cooking and reheating meals and snacks it gets a workout and has survived it all. Cakes, casseroles, pasta, can do it all. This was our 5th Samsung household purchase after 2 TVs, washing machine and fridge, none of which have skipped a beat.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

ME6124W

Great microwave, easy to use, powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

I have been using the ME6124W last 5 years. It is very powerful, offers 30 litres, and easy to use and clean. Highly recommended.

Bad microwave stay away

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2014

The interior light is a joke, can't see inside too dark and flimsy button. Buy other brand. The door is so flimsy and uneven when closed.

Perth

Give this one a miss

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2014

The microwave was the only appliance that we bought without researching heavily online first, and just asked for the sales assistance for some advice as a microwave's a microwave, right? Wrong. Whilst there is a light inside the microwave, it's basically redundant due to the "design" of the door - it's dark and you cannot see the light inside, hence cannot see if your liquid is spilling over or no Read more t. Many microwaves have dark doors and you can still see inside them fine when you are reheating food. Being able to see inside a microwave when reheating food was a feature that I thought all microwaves would have, but apparently not. Tried to return it to the shop - had just asked for a normal microwave recommendation from the sales assistant when buying - store said get stuffed. Lucky are those that managed to return it!

Our Samsung washing machine even has LED lights built into it, allowing you to turn on the light to observe the clothes tumbling if you so wish. Don't know if this microwave door "design" is part of their current range of microwaves, but I don't think I will ever buy another Samsung microwave. Burnt too badly with this one, will stick to their TVs and washing machines with highly unnecessary, but nifty lights.

+ It heats food

- Can't see inside it

• 1 answer

What a stunning MW Oven

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2014

Wow, we sure did make the best choice buying this MW. I was researching the Choice Mag recommendations but didn't like anything they recommended and I was keen on a ceramic interior. This MW gives a 10yr guarantee on the interior, has 1min instant cook button you can add to during cooking but also less/more options for adding or taking off 10sec each time AND no cooling off noise. Oh yes, a good Read more kitchen timer is included. Only thing is that the door is rather dark so it's hard to see if anything is about to boil over... small concern given all the great things about this oven. Although 100MW less than our old oven, the Samsung 1000MW cooks much more effectively. Love it!

+ 1min instant cook button, more/less option, no cooling noise, ceramic interior

- Door a bit dark

A disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 27, 2014

After 20 years with a reliable Panasonic microwave we eventually decided a new one was on the cards. While I was keen for another Panasonic, online reviews had suggested Samsung microwave ovens were at the top of the pack. So when, in store, there was a Samsung ME61 (24 Litre version) going 1/2 price we decided to go for it. BAD CHOICE.
The metallic housing is obviously a little loose compared to
Read more the Panasonic and vibration causes more noise.
The interior light makes a buzzing sound (this may be solved by replacing the globe as it sounds like the globe element).
The keypad does not seem intuitive to me...or my wife.
Seems to heat the container more than the food [I know there are certain ceramics etc that tend to get hot in the microwave - however I was just heating a mug of coffee (1 min) and when I went to remove it I got a nasty burn on my fingers. Meanwhile I could stick a finger in the coffee and keep it there for a few seconds before it became uncomfortably hot - it was barely steaming! When heating the same mug in the old microwave the coffee got hot and I could easily handle the mug without getting burnt!)
Keep away from this DUD.

+ one button start [there is a +1min button that you can press and the microwave immediately starts; full power for 60 seconds. Press it again and you get 2 min.)

- Lots

• 2 comments
  • 9 answers

ME6124W

Great microwave for the price!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2014

Contrary to other reviews of this appliance I have had absolutely no problems and have been using it for around 2 months now. It looks good, it's easy to clean and it's been functioning perfectly.
It is quite powerful, much more than my old Panasonic so takes less time to heat food. I use it mainly for reheating, thawing and for cooking vegetables and sauces. I'm not fond of cooking complete d
Read more ishes in microwaves as I prefer oven baking so can't comment on problems mentioned such as overheating, cutting out etc.
I love the 'kitchen timer' function as it's far less complicated to use than the one on my oven so I use it for any type of cooking on any of my appliances in the kitchen.

+ I have explained most of the pros in my review above

- Nothing so far

Comments

An addition to my review: I just want to add that the microwave so many people seem to want to love to hate is now 8 months old and has had no problems at all. It's very stylish, simple to operate and I love it! It's a bargain at the price.

Point Cook

Not worth the money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2013

I should have read the reviews before (but having had good experience with other Samsung items I thought I should be alright).
In short: This microwave is a bit of junk. All problems others reported I had/noticed as well.
- Very poor build quality (door is since new out of angle and doesn't open smoothly)
- The light inside is a joke, you can't see anything
- Terrible loud (occasionally - why
Read more that?)
- Stopped working 1 month after warranty expired

I certainly think twice (or check carefully reviews upfront) when buying Samsung products. At least this one is not better (like worse) than any no-name microwave you buy for half the price.

+ The look

- Basically all

Purchased at: The Good Guys

2 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Thanks i was going to buy this but not now.

SOUTH BRISBANE

Fire Hazard

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

It was working Ok untill 2 weeks ago when it started operating by itself.I switched it off, unplugged it from wall hoping it will reset itself and turned it back on. But after few minutes later, It beeped, 5 minutes appeared on screen and it started operating itself.
It was still in full warranty as I only bought it 10 months ago. Got it repaired from Samsung repair centre in Granville (icure). Within few hours of turning it back on, same problem has come back.

+ Easy to clean.

- started operating by itself. Fire hazard.

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Thank you. Will not buy .

A bit irritating

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2012

It has worked consistently, no failures or overheats. We had a Samsung microwave before this one that lasted about 12 years and worked well so we deliberately looked for another. Have found this disappointing though- mainly because the turntable is not stable and falls off easily. It has space for a large bowl which is good. It looks fine, it microwaves!

- The turntable falls off whenever anything is placed too far from the centre. The defrost settings are not intuitive- I should probably hunt out the instructions- but I find it irritating that its not obvious.

SYDNEY

• 1 review

Do not waste your time... buy another brand

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2012

Seemed to work ok... however, did get extremely hot when cooking.
After having it for 2 years and alot of that it wasn't even used... it now displays an error and can not be used at all and is going to cost about $150 to get it fixed... apparently it is a common fault with these microwaves... the touchpad shorts out and is no longer operable...

+ Looks

- Expensive for what it is, not useable after about 1.5 yrs of using it...

1 person found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Same product same problem. Don't buy this.

1 of 2 pages