Release date: Jan 1997
Samsung's sensor cook microwaves all feature in-built sensor technology to make cooking and reheating a breeze. With an easy to read control panel, high cooking power output along with an easy to clean interior Samsung provides versatility for your kitchen.
- 1000W Max. Microwave Cooking Power
- 1550W Max. Power Consumption
- Stainless Steel Fascia
- 10 Power Levels for Cooking Versatility
- Two Stage Cooking Programming
- Sensor Cook Options (4)
- One Touch Instant Cook Options (2)
- Auto Cook Options (3)
- Custom Cook
- Auto Defrost Options (5)
- Auto Reheat
- One Minute Plus
- Kitchen Timer and Clock
- Child Lock
- Push Button Door Opening
- Larger Capacity
- Available in Stainless Steel Fascia (ME6124ST) or White (ME6124W)
Chris posted this on Jun 12, 2013
In short: This microwave is a bit of junk. All problems others reported I had/noticed as well.
- Very poor build quality (door is since new out of angle and doesn't open smoothly)
- The light inside is a joke, you can't see anything
- Terrible loud (occasionally - why that?)
- Stopped working 1 month after warranty expired
I certainly think twice (or check car... Read more
+ The look
- Basically all
2 people found this helpful, do you?Problem with this review?
sanu posted this on May 31, 2012
It was still in full warranty as I only bought it 10 months ago. Got it repaired from Samsung repair centre in Granville (icure). Within few hours of turning it back on, same problem has come back.
+ Easy to clean.
- started operating by itself. Fire hazard.
Tiffwat posted this on Apr 29, 2012
- The turntable falls off whenever anything is placed too far from the centre. The defrost settings... Read more
ebgibbs posted this on Apr 26, 2012
After having it for 2 years and alot of that it wasn't even used... it now displays an error and can not be used at all and is going to cost about $150 to get it fixed... apparently it is a common fault with these microwaves... the touchpad shorts out and is no longer operable...
- Expensive for what it is, not useable after about 1.5 yrs of using it...
WAGuy posted this on Feb 22, 2012
Problem 1 - cooling fan rattled when first used - no biggie, easily fixed
Problem 2 - turntable derails if mug or bowl not placed directly in centre
Problem 3 - (THE BIG ONE) overheats and then shuts down after a very short time - I'm meaning overheating whilst trying to cook rice!!!
Reason given ... Read more
+ Easy to use interface
- Overheats, build quality, turntable derails, price
kendrew posted this on Jan 05, 2012
We have returned ours because of that - and have replaced it with one having a white interior. You need to see what's going on during the cooking to avoid boil-overs, etc. without having to open the door to check, which stops the cooking process.
Samsung have made a ridiculous oversight and would be far bett... Read more
- Poor interior illumination, flimsy construction.