Model: ME6124ST (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: Jun 2016

Not bad

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2017

I bought this microwave last year and had a good run. Perhaps can last longer than previous one. Everything is going well. But some features are not easily to operate. I got KG but I don't know how to use it. And its not bad in price too.
Purchased from JB

Purchased at: JB Hi-Fi

• 1 answer
  • 5 helpful votes

Model: ME6124ST (Stainless Steel) Date Purchased: May 2014

SE or 5E-product fault code

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

So we purchased our Samsung stainless steel microwave in 05/2014. We have used it and have found it to be satisfactory , not being outstanding but ok for our needs. The other we woke to find a code of SE or 5E on the screen and the control panel is dead-no buttons seem to be working. So I get on the net to find that this is a common fault for Samsung microwaves , yes they know about it and Infact they have a parts service kit ready to go for this fault. Now in the Samsung service factory service report. They say it's caused by steam that may co me from the over when the customer is cooking. What I find most amazing , is that they are an over the stove microwave, they are made to be put over your oven or cook top. So you would think that the steam issue should of be a non concern cause that's what they are made for. Samsung say that they have rectified the issue in their newer models, but they kept selling thus model knowing that it may fail. Infact they knew it would fail and it's only a matter of time till it does. Being in the moter vehicle repair industry I know all about recalls and service technical bulletins. Many times we would get info from the manufacturer about problems with cars that have been occurring and most of the times , there is a recall or its fixed when the car comes in for service. Samsung have failed again, just like their exploding mobile phone batteries , they new about their fault product but continued to sell it. I know many people who have purchased Samsung products only to have them fail in a relatively short time after purchase. Samsung have a great marketing department that sells. But do t be fooled as their products are very 2nd rate.considering that microwaves are a fairly cheap product, I will probably just go out and buy another. But it definitely won't be a Samsung. Atleast it lasted 2 years. We bought a Samsung mobile DVD player for our son , so on long car trips he could watch. When I pulled it out of the box I found that screws were missing and the casing had come apart. I took it back and the store manager didn't even ask for the receipt, he knew how bad they were and just gave us another one, no questions asked.

• 1 question

Model: ME6124W (White) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

Light in door not showing cant see food cooking

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2017

Melting of butter etc slow.other cooking execellent unable to see the food cooking through the door.all other features are okay.need to see the cooking through door.looked up microwave and it shows the door lit up with food inside. Sturdy and well built.not loud.settings great.need answer to see inside the door

Model: ME6124W (White) Date Purchased: Dec 2016

Lacks power

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

Have to cook food longer than recommended for its watts. Only seems to cook the top of the food.
Def not doing the job it should be. I cook same food at work, same wattage microwave and does the job. Easy to see the difference.

Door so dark can't see anything inside when cooking.

Model: ME6124W (White) Date Purchased: Jul 2016

Good Microwave oven

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 19, 2016

Bought this oven 5 weeks ago, it cooks well enough, although not using the 'inverter' feature of the Panasonics. Setting it is easy but the pushbutton panel is made of cheap inflexible material and requires a larger effort to push than other brands. Noise level is average. A good feature is the reminder beep that reminds you to take out your food! It's a dark colour inside which doesn't help when you're trying to see your food through the very dark door. The build quality is good, except for the plastic surround around the front perimeter, and the door itself, which is all plastic, feels flimsy and a bad fit. It's a cheap oven but does the job.

Model: ME6124W (White) Date Purchased: Feb 2012

Meh...

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Bought it second hand in 2012. Has worked reliably for more than 4 years in my hands and was built in 2009 so is 7 years old. It has just failed with the common "SE" error. It worked well enough but as other reviewers have commented it is noisy and the light is useless. Door button feels cheap. All in all though it has been good enough and has some good cooking features and i would buy another if it was cheap.

Can't see through door.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2016

I also didn't check reviews as I had a Samsung microwave for 13 years and was pleased with it, so replaced it with the same model. The door is so dark that I can't see if milk or soup is boiling over. Rang Samsung who advised that the dark door is a new feature to stop bacteria. I find this hard to believe. Also, said that I was the only customer to complain. I am taking it back to replace with another model.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Money well spent

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2016

Had it for 5 years and never a problem till now with a blown globe.%years is good value for a globe..Always been reasonably quiet.Cooks and defrosts very quickly.Sturdy and solid.The settings and features are easy to use and understand.One of the best appliance we have in the house and it was our first Samsung appliance.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 comment
  • 4 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Very Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

This Samsung microwave replaced a Sharp Carousel 1200 watt (lasted 10 years), it takes 30 - 50% longer to do the same job, the fan is noisy, the keypad is hard to use, no cooking information on the display, the light is useless (I need to see with how I use a Microwave) I am very disappointed with this Samsung microwave, sure it works, does the job with patience, but I am looking to replace it and give it away to a niece moving out of home for the first time.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Agree

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2016

The door seems to be uneven, the light is too dull, the glass in the door is too dark, what were they thinking? I do like the beep to keep reminding you that you have something in microwave. However my greatest beef is the operating instructions for the owner, heavens almost impossible to interpret! Very disappointing Samsung and how about having a decent book printed instead of this flimsy little tissue paper thickness. I understand about saving money but this is just stupid for use in a kitchen! I am just so sorry I gave up my previous microwave which was not a Samsung and was 16 years old and still working. Just the coating had begun to peel under the rotating ring.

Purchased at: The Good Guys

Poor quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

This microwave lasted two days short of the warranty period. I kept the receipt and dropped it off today at a service centre. Am I lucky or what? Well not really. A microwave that gets little use should survive longer than two years. But it didn't. The dreaded 5E or SE error arrived. The thing started turning itself on with nothing in it. Resetting it didn't solve the problem. I really have a problem with an appliance that turns itself on when I'm not there, especially one which is supposed to heat food. I start to think about the fire brigade.

We really are poorly served by appliance manufacturers. They sidestep their warranties, they make up bogus excuses and they will deny responsibility if they can. I rang Samsung and of course they knew of the problem. How couldn't they?? This is a know and well documented fault. The appliance should have been recalled but our consumer protection agencies are such toothless tigers. So, it will be fixed but for how long will it stay fixed. The repairs are warranted for just 30 days.When next it goes bung it goes to the recycle station. But what to buy instead? Read the reviews here and weep.

Good enough

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

Microwave is great.
Button to hard? No. It's a button you just push it and the door opens.. Door flimsy. No. Its fine.
Dark glass can't see my food? I don't sit in front of my microwave and watch my food going around (maybe some of the previous reviewer's should do the same I think their brains may be fried

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

1 of 4 pages

The coating is peeling off the inside top of a Timesaver 85 W samsung, Is it safe to use both medically and mechanically?

Sassy asked on Dec 18, 2016

Answer this

Microwave energy is contained within the metal of a microwave oven. There should not be any danger of microwave exposure if the structural integrity of the oven is intact. However you should consider contamination of foods used in the oven with loose particals falling into uncovered food. You should contact Samsung re warranty and other issues direct regarding issues with their product and not rely on this forum for correct advise. At the very least you should be dealing with the sellers of the device. Seriously someone could spin you any lies about possible risks. Go to Samsung or at least seek advice from a qualified electrician

ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)

I need to change the light globe in my Samsung ME6124ST , I need to know how to access it so as I can replace it and find out what globe to buy

ernrene1@hotmail.com asked on May 22, 2015

Answer this

I have never had to change the globe on this microwave but on other makes you have to unscrew the outer case and take it off to get to the globe.Everything on the inside of the microwave should be sealed.

I'd call Samsung and ask before doing anything. Seems unusual for it to be needing changing

ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)

i asked before..is this model have more than one shape??

sameh asked on Mar 28, 2015

Answer this

Not quite sure what you mean by more than one shape.My model is the Samsung ME6124W-1,34L white sensor microwave oven.1000W but works like a 800W.Glass door is dark smoked so it is impossible to see through even when it is turned on.I have a 2 year warranty on this model,but if it broke down tomorrow i would celebrate and tear up the Invoice rather than get it repaired or replaced.

See all 5 questions about Samsung ME6124

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details

ME6124W (White) ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)
Price (RRP) $179 $228
Depth 415mm 415mm
Weight 17 17
Power Levels 10 10
Turntable Diameter 345 345

The main difference between these models is body material