Agree

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2016

The door seems to be uneven, the light is too dull, the glass in the door is too dark, what were they thinking? I do like the beep to keep reminding you that you have something in microwave. However my greatest beef is the operating instructions for the owner, heavens almost impossible to interpret! Very disappointing Samsung and how about having a decent book printed instead of this flimsy little tissue paper thickness. I understand about saving money but this is just stupid for use in a kitchen! I am just so sorry I gave up my previous microwave which was not a Samsung and was 16 years old and still working. Just the coating had begun to peel under the rotating ring.

Poor quality

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2016

This microwave lasted two days short of the warranty period. I kept the receipt and dropped it off today at a service centre. Am I lucky or what? Well not really. A microwave that gets little use should survive longer than two years. But it didn't. The dreaded 5E or SE error arrived. The thing started turning itself on with nothing in it. Resetting it didn't solve the problem. I really have a problem with an appliance that turns itself on when I'm not there, especially one which is supposed to heat food. I start to think about the fire brigade.

We really are poorly served by appliance manufacturers. They sidestep their warranties, they make up bogus excuses and they will deny responsibility if they can. I rang Samsung and of course they knew of the problem. How couldn't they?? This is a know and well documented fault. The appliance should have been recalled but our consumer protection agencies are such toothless tigers. So, it will be fixed but for how long will it stay fixed. The repairs are warranted for just 30 days.When next it goes bung it goes to the recycle station. But what to buy instead? Read the reviews here and weep.

Good enough

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2016

Microwave is great.
Button to hard? No. It's a button you just push it and the door opens.. Door flimsy. No. Its fine.
Dark glass can't see my food? I don't sit in front of my microwave and watch my food going around (maybe some of the previous reviewer's should do the same I think their brains may be fried

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2015

I have only owned this microwave for one month but so far I'm very happy. We use it daily for reheats. It is stored under-bench with minimal room around it, but lots of space behind it (deep cupboard). The dark front doesn't allow you to watch the cooking but we often have a microwave cover on the food so we wouldn't see it anyway. It heats well & evenly and it doesn't have the annoying cool down noise of a Panasonic which is the only reason I stayed away from Panasonic. The turntable goes all the way to the door & is much more spacey than I imagined.

adelaide

Model: ME6124W (White)

Can't believe this happened!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2015

Bought this though after reading so many bad reviews but want to give it a try. True enough, bought 29/6 and 2/7 it malfunctioned! Clock either stopped or reset itself automatically and it keeps beeping intermittent, so annoying special during night time. Wife also complaint not hot enough compared to the LG we had last time. Brought back to goodgyus and got a LG now.

Gold Coast

Model: ME6124W (White)

Only suitable as a benchtop microwave

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2015

Even with the recommended clearance around the microwave, it will not work reliably if placed in a compartment (particularly above a built-in oven). It does not handle constant use, and often overheats and shuts offs (even when the oven below has not been turned on). I often have to leave a half hour break between reheating frozen meals because the glass plate gets too hot and the microwave switches off (so much for having a meal together!) I would never buy this microwave again as I do not need a microwave that wold take up much needed benchspace.

Model: ME6124ST (Stainless Steel)

Don't know why people are complaining

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2015

Melbourne

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 6 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Completely died after only 4 years operation

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2015

We did not research this one enough- and stupidly bought it on colour to match a new Miele oven right underneath it. It is noisy, it dries everything out, the light is useless, the door button is too stiff. The only thing I like is the timer! I haven't liked it from day one. However, I do expect a microwave that cost me over $250 to last more than 3 or 4 years whether I actually enjoy using it or not. My last microwave (a Sanyo) was still going after 20 years! I doubt this one is under warranty anymore and the store we bought it from does not exist anymore. Anyway find a

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Comments

Correction last one was a Sharp Carousel

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers
  • 2 helpful votes

Model: ME6124W (White)

Can't wait for it to break

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2015

Purchased this M/oven 22/10/2014.Took it home and started using it.It's loud,it vibrates when in use.The door open button is clumsy and hard,you have to push hard to open the door and sometimes the M/oven moves before you can get the thing open.The see through door has a dark tint,the inside is black and the light is so dull it is impossible to see inside while it is in use.Not good for milk or other food that is likely over spill.I have a few Samsung products in the house,all good except for this one.My first and last Samsung Microwave oven that i will ever buy.Don't know if it is different,but my one is the ME6124W-1.

• 1 answer

Model: ME6124W (White)

Yet another pleasing Samsung purchase. So easy to clean, cooks quickly and evenly.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2014

Just approaching 2 years old and have never had an issue. Love the enamel interior, so easy to clean. Large interior. Best microwave we have ever owned, and we have gone through several. With teenagers constantly coming and going, cooking and reheating meals and snacks it gets a workout and has survived it all. Cakes, casseroles, pasta, can do it all. This was our 5th Samsung household purchase after 2 TVs, washing machine and fridge, none of which have skipped a beat.

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Model: ME6124W (White)

Great microwave, easy to use, powerful

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

I have been using the ME6124W last 5 years. It is very powerful, offers 30 litres, and easy to use and clean. Highly recommended.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes