Date Purchased: Oct 2013

Not happy with the product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I had a Sanden system installed 5 years ago and have had problems with it the whole time , we keep getting error EO40 on the heat pump which trips the system out All the time , have tried cleaning filters , putting new in line filter on , have had no help from the initial sales person , very disappointed with the after sales service , even from Sanden head office , no one seems to want to fix our problem , looking at replacing it , a total waste of $10,000.00

Hobart

Date Purchased: Apr 2013

Sanden Hot water heat pump

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2017

I purchased the Sanden Hot water heat pump after hearing great things about the performance of the system which uses carbon dioxide refrigerant. We have found this is a great product that uses a natural refrigerant that works with minimal capacity loss right through Tassie winters, and is so cheap to run. I was sceptical at first but the system is definitely worth the investment over a conventional electric HWS. My power bill for just hot water dropped easily by 75% after installing one.

Date Purchased: May 2014

• 8 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Excellent Water heater

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

After over 5 years of problems with a Rheem Heat pump water heater we decided to replace it with this Sanden Eco Heat pump. Peter Hungerford, who installed it is a real deal, the Sanden has been working well, and very quiet and no more complaints from my neighbours. This water heater is the best.

Date Purchased: Jan 2016

great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2017

Does everything I was told it would do. Quiet and efficient. I especially like being able to utilise my solar panels power production during the day to power the system. Sanden allow you to simply program when the systems mandatory daily heat cycle occurs. Innovative solar water heating that's located under the house out of sight.

Halls Gap

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Amazingly quiet and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

Four months ago we replaced our off peak HWS with a Sanden heat pump and 315 litre tank. This is an amazing system. When first installed the weather was cold and it took only two hours for the water to heat, using about 3 kW. Now, in early summer, heating is taking just over an hour and using about 2 kW. We have set the operating time to commence at 11 am (EST) to make the most of our solar system. The pump is so quiet, barely audible when standing nearby. It will be interesting to look at the power consumption over a year - at this stage it lo oks like the saving will be about 70-80% when compared with the off peak system. We couldn't be more pleased with the advice and service provided by Breaze Energy Solutions, Ballarat. Simon assessed the site and our requirements, answered all our questions and followed up to ensure we were happy with the installation. Overall, we are greatly impressed with the Sanden heat pump.

Forest Lake QLD

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

We enquired about a Water Heat Pump & looked @ lots of reviews on all brands of units. After serious consideration we decided to settle on a Sandon Eco water heat pump. When we first heard the price of the unit we were abit put off but realised if you want the best on the market that's what you have to pay. Thank you Peter Hungerford from Energy Solar Solutions for all your advice & professional workmanship & installation on the unit. We are very pleased. We would not hesitate in recommending Peter in doing your job.
Ps.A big thank you again Peter for a perfect job well done.

• 1 question

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Date Purchased: Jul 2016

heat pump on new house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2016

After reviewing builders choice for the heat pump on our new house and researching what was available I am glad I decided on this unit. It is efficient in power use, quiet in operation and I haven't had an issue during 4 months of use so far.I live in SW Western Australia and was worried about low ambient temp affecting performance during winter,even at temperatures near zero this unit continues to produce consistent hot water to my house ,I would recommend this unit

Mornington Peninsula, Victoria

• 12 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Oct 2016

A quiet achiever, far superior to our old Quantum 340 heat pump.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2016

After our 6 year old Quantum heat pump imploded due to electrolysis we checked the reviews on most efficient and cost effective hot water alternatives and settled on the Sanden Eco 315 heat pump which best took advantage of our solar array.Ben Cole from Newgen Solar in Melbourne visited us to outline the attributes of the system which included very quiet fan operation, stainless Australian made 316 tank with a 15 year guarantee, ( no annode needed ) , quality installation and removal of our defunct unit. He took care of the govt. rebate and true to his word had the whole thing organised to be installed the next day. Cost with the rebate was $4500. I will give you all an update when the unit has been in operation for 6 months.

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Aug 2016

Quiet as a mouse, efficient, money saving

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2016

Have had our Sanden Eco Heat Pump 315L for just over two months now. Runs on overnight tariff for a household of 5 and have had hot water 24/7 with no issues. The unit is so quiet when running it is unbelievable (yes I got up in the middle of the night to listen to how quiet it was) The Sanden replaced a 15 year old Rheem 250L electric storage unit which was using 11.5kWh a day on average. In comparison the Sanden uses 2.6kWh a day on average since install to heat a 25% larger tank of water . On the Sanden website they state a saving of 78% over a conventional storage hot water service. My figures absolutely support this claim. Loving this amazing product

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Jun 2014

not suitable as an hydronic hot water system - as the retailer advertised

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2016

Sanden are a good company in our experience. However do not purchase this System if you plan to use it for Hydronic heating your home. Enter Store in Eltham advertised and sold it for this purpose and it doesn't work efficiently nor does it heat as it should. I expect it would be OK for hot water alone. There is lots of info from Sanden as to its effectiveness. but under no circumstances buy this thinking it will work, as Enter Store have advertise, as a solar heat pump for hydronic heating, it was Not designed to do so and don't let them tell you otherwise.
Pls note I'm rating this for hydronics not hot water

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 3 pages

How much of a difference does the air temperature where the compressor is, make to energy efficiency? I have a choice of putting compressor separate in a NW facing carport that is warm all year or beside tank which will be in shade all year and in an outdoor passage with breezes. It can get to -5C in my suburb of Sydney and up to 45C in summer. The carport will be more stable in temperature and slightly warmer at all times. Question 2: Can i alter the times that the tank heats or does it need an electrician? A large tree shades my solar panels midday in winter but not summer so I would change heating times to compensate for this. Also can the temp of water be low? I currently run my old gas hot water on 2.5 and after turning it down to this I halved my gas bill.

Connie asked on May 22, 2017

Connie,

The origination of the unit is not worth considering, the air temp is the same weather you are in the sun or not. Also worth noting is the amount of time it will run, for a 200 liter daily hot water usage it will run for two-three hours max.

Need a electrician to adjust the block out time, refer above as I don''t think it will be required and no you cannot adjust the temp, however you could adjust the temper valve for this, refer this to your plumber.

Email me if you require more info. [email removed]

Michael

Thank you! I put the compressor in the carport anyway as it is out of the weather and they have adjsuted the timer so it only heats during the day. I may change that at some later date as I notice it comes on around 0830 and the sun is not as strong in winter at this time. It is working really well. am happy with the installation tradies, they were excellent, and its working efficiently. will be interesting to see the next elec bill for comparison with last year. Thanks again.

How much cost to install 170l heat pump in Melbourne Victoria? Is that any government incentive? Thanks, Mike

mike asked on Mar 02, 2017

Answer this

Hi Mike - I don't have details at hand just now. Total cost was about $3,100 installed, including rebates. This is for Victoria. After we did the sums on power saved and the cost of off peak electricity for our old HWS, the heat pump made good sense. I hope this assists.

G'day Mike, Basically, one just needs a water supply, and Power Outlet - Amp should be @ 15, for the supply, and continuous supply. Combine with Solar Power panels, cost to run is minimal.
Therefore - cost to install : if new building, minimal. If existing, depends what's already in the location.
There's a Federal 'STC' rebate for Heat Pump Hot Water, and in Vic - only if you're replacing an existing Electric Storage, another rebate applies - 'VEET'. Cheers

Hi I am based in canberra. What sort of installation costs I should expect for about a 300 ltr system.

ravinder asked on Nov 07, 2016

Answer this

Hi, my installation costs were included in the price of the unit.

Sorry I don't have the figure for installation as they gave me a figure which included supply of units, ( 315ltr stainless tank and heat pump which is separate and similar in size to a in wall air con unit.) Disconnection and removal of the old unit. Installation by plumbers and an electrician with certificates supplied and making allowance for the energy rebate came to $4350. Hope this helps. PS it has been very effective so far supplying good supplies of hot water to our 3 person household.

We had our unit fully installed for $3950.00 after rebates in Qld