Car Was Damaged On Arrival And They Deny Responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Do not use these people. They will damage your car...check their Facebook reviews as well.
My car arrived damaged and they deny liability. I had to dispute the credit card transaction with my bank and pursue them in the Small Claims Tribunal for the cost of repairs.

The worst service ever.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2017

If you want very slow service, a damaged car that needed to be fixed and a fight to get them to fix it.
Told that crap happens and suck it up.
You have come to the right place.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi Steve, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Bent rear axle from excessive restrained when my car got delivered from Adelaide to NSW by SMB

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

After the delivery of my car in NSW by SMB I discovered that the rear passenger axle has been bent by excessive force. No care taken during the transportation of my car by SMB. Added extra cost from my pocket as I paid for Bridgestone to do visual inspection and wheel alignment on the car . Bad experience from this company.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi Andy, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you

Hi, my booking number is 44013. I look forward to hearing from you.

Andy

Not worth the damage caused.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I had a car shipped with SMB auto transport a couple months ago. I wanted to wait until the smoke settled before writing a review. First, was the time. It took 3 weeks to ship from Sydney to Alice Springs, Australia which was a week longer than quoted originally, so that's one negative. More importantly, my front lip was pulled off the car. The nuts holding it in place were stripped. This also caused massive damage to the paint on the lip and front bumper. Although customer service was friendly, there was really no help from them on any part of the process. They never knew where my car was and refused to help fix the damage to the car. The price wasn't bad. It wasn't the cheapest and wasn't the most expensive.

excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Excellent service right from the start I would like to thanks Richard from Adelaide for his professional approach. I got both my cars in Brisbane before the stipulated time.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you Vivek for your positive review, it was a pleasure transporting your vehicles. The SMB Team

Damaged seat.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2016

Got my car back with a cigarette burn in the back seat, emailed and phone took them months to get back to me. They said PRIXCAR transported the vehicle as well, speak to them. Wiping hands of responsibility! I wouldn't recommend SMB or PRIXCAR very unprofessional and no care or responsibility what so ever

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi Alisa, As explained to you previously this was only transported from Adelaide to Alice Springs and the drivers that transported this vehicle do not smoke. I'd suggest contacting the company that... read more »

EXCELLENT Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

After reading many of the reviews I was unsure about using SMB. Although most of the complaints were about late delivery and some about damages. And as my only other option was to pay double price with another company but still risking similar issues or do the 15hours drive myself, I decided to give SMB a go. I had my car picked up by staff from my Brisbane address and I collected it from the Seven Hills depot in Sydney – which was very easy to find and walking distance from Seven Hills train station. The whole venture went smoothly and I even got my car back several days earlier than expected! My only issue was a very small scratch at the back of the car, but it was too small to be worried about. Staff were friendly and dealt very well with my indecisiveness about where to pick up the car. My only suggestion is for SMB to develop an app to track your vehicle, which would be helpful for resolving communication issues and customer anxiety. Also I recommend other interested customers to have realistic expectations about using this kind of service. I am thankful that this service exists at all! I was not worried about delay in delivery time as I have done the drive myself and it is awful, so I’m thankful that SMB saved me the anguish of doing the drive myself. Also I figured any severe damages would be fixed by SMB. I would use SMB again without hesitation for a great outcome at a great price. Also there is a cute puppy at the depot. EXCELLENT SERVICE! Thanks SMB :) you didn't let me down.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you Lyn for your positive comments and Frankie loved the mention :). Have a great day! Thank you, SMB

Would not recommend this service to anyone!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

I booked my car in from Perth to Sydney

Firstly there was poor communication I would have to call to be told my car was late and even when the truck broke down and it would be longer I only found out when I called back.

My car did not arrive in the same condition it was sent, when we went to pick up the vehicle my exhaust had fallen off and my spoiler was snapped with multiple scratches. Also my TV that was secured in the car the stand has been broken.

When these issues were bought up the company weren't very bothered and were not much help.

I suggest sending your car with another Company as I would definitely not use this again now.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi Sam, 1. This vehicle was delivered within our transit time of 20 - 25 working days, received on 31/10 in Perth delivered to Seven Hills 25/11 at 20 working days. As your vehicle was not late t... read more »

• 1 helpful vote

Never again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 28, 2016

I booked with SMB Sydney to Darwin through movingcars.com who told me 10 business days.
13 BD later I find out from SMB that it's 23 BD.
The staff at movingcars offered no explanation and no apologies. A month from Sydney to Darwin? Now I have no car to get to my new job.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi, This is our standard transport time frame on this route. As you booked with Moving Cars and they advised you of the above time frame I suggest you go back to them (as they are a differant company) in regards to your complaint. Thank you, SMB

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Terrible service and communication

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2016

I have two cars coming to Darwin and was told they will arrive in 20 days.I have made a call today and told the cars will now arrive well beyond the time due to factors not in their control.This is after being transferred from Sydney to another person in Adelaide.I am paying car hire costs whilst I await this delivery. No one is saying anything and the person on the line was rude to me too. Not happy.

November 24th 2016 Update: Vehicle still not delivered

I am still waiting for the other vehicle and have been told it will only arrive next week now. I am really angry about this service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi Genzo, Do you have a booking number and email we can contact you directly? Thanks Daniella

C322331 and C323646 gmakunde@gmail.com

Thank you, I have just sent you an email. Thank you Daniella

Very satisfied customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2016

Easy to deal with from start to finish - car arrived earlier than expected and in perfect condition. We had great communication on tracking of car . Would recommend to anyone very satisfied customer.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thanks Jackie, it was great moving your vehicle. Thanks again, The SMB Team

Awesome service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2016

Great company, really helpful. Professional and thorough with their work. Rated 10 out of 10 for excellent customer service. Thank you.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you Matty, Have a great day. The SMB Team