USELESS

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

when i called to book they quoted approx 2-3 weeks and as soon as i paid and called to get a date they said 5 weeks because they are fully booked. now the car will be here when ill be on holidays and God knows how much it will cost. off course they didnt even tried to see if they can get it here within the promisedh ETA

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you

Customer service from Richard was superb when transporting our Jeep from Darwin to Melbourne. Couldn

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2017

I was kept fully informed throughout the whole process, particularly at the Darwin depot. Richard was incredibly helpful and went above and beyond the call of duty.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you Kev for your review, your business is greatly appreciated! The SMB Team

This company damaged my car.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

SMB damaged my car, it's a new car. They don't want to pay for my car. It's very ridiculous. Unacceptable. This is not good company. Everybody shouldn't use this service. They just want to get money from the customers, they don't want to pay when they damaged our cars. This company should close as soon as possible. Because their service is very terrible.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you

Easy transport option. Car arrived in perfect condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

I transported a car from Perth to Melbourne.. I was quoted 15-20 business days and it arrived in 18 days. I had no problems with communication regarding the estimated due date, infact the car arrived early. The drop off and pick up location was easy to find and the staff were professional in checking in and out the car. I would highly recommend this company.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you Karen for your positive review, it was a pleasure transporting your vehicle. The SMB Team

Damaged car missing part

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

After getting my car from Melbourne to Perth, after delay and front bonnet badge missing and car body damage the company after I took photos before departure car no damage blamed already damage and bonnet badge fell off. The manager I spoke to was rude and unprofessional and would not take company blame. He should not be in that role as he is damaging the reputation of the company. I know a lot of people who use car carriers from Melb to Perth, I will not recommend your company and once again the manager I spoke to very rude and has no people skills.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
Private message

SMB damaged my car and didn't reimburse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

My car door was damaged inside the vehicle by a transit driver. I picked the car up with plastic taped to the damaged door window as the mechanical controls had been broken and the window could no longer be closed. The company refused to fix the window controls as the replacement price was less than their $800 excess fee.

They ignored my emails and complaints. Terrible service and no honesty or integrity.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hi, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you

299285. Finally a response from you. Why didn't you respond to my emails?

SMB Car Transport Official

i will get someone from our support team to contact you as soon as possible.

SMB Are a great car transport company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Moving from one side of the country to the other (Perth to Sydney) is challenging at best. SMB Transport made it so easy to get my car onto a truck and to my new home. I couldn't recommend them enough.

The price of transport is unmatched, being the cheapest around. I was pleasantly surprised to be able to move all my belongings over with the car at no extra cost. With contents not being insured, I was happy to take the risk, making sure my TV mas anchored down as best as possible - no issues at all.

The car was delivered within the 20-2
5 day period, which I accepted with no issue - logistics wise and distance wise it is understandable.

Being an overly cautious and unnecessarily concerned customer, I called regularly and the Seven Hills Staff were all too helpful in providing me with updates and assurances. So thank you to the team!

When my car was ready to collect, it was a breeze, friendly staff and a very straight forward pickup process.

I hope I never have a reason to use SMB again, but if I do move interstate I will definitely use them.

Delivery date: March-April 2016

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you for your positive review, it was a pleasure transporting your vehicles. The SMB Team

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2017

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you for your review, as a small business your review is greatly appreciated! The Team at SMB

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2017

Well well.. It looks like there are a lot of negative reviews here. Whether it's 'competitors' trying to discredit or genuine, I have no idea. I am however, very aware that there is a lot of negativity in this world nowadays. Patience people..

My experience with SMB Australia, transporting one private vehicle from Melbourne to Perth, is set out below:

When I first called, to enquire about transporting the car, the girl I spoke with in the office could not have been more patient or helpful. She fully explained the options available, cost,
and expected time frame. I was advised that I could transport some personal effects inside the car. I asked and was given guidelines and limits in loading the vehicle etc. I respected those limits, and loaded the car CAREFULLY.
I chose to have the car picked up from my place of residence in Melbourne and to pick it up directly from the depot in Perth. Door to door and depot to depot options are available, or customise your own, as I did.
I was given a time frame of around 22 working days (from memory) for the vehicle to make the journey. Basically, sometime towards the end of April.
To transport vehicles across this country, is no small operation, it needs to be planned well logistically, or prices would be astronomical. I was perfectly happy with the time quoted, I even said at that time, that there was no real rush.
The guy who came to pick the vehicle up in Melbourne was friendly, experienced and was in no hurry to just pick up and leave. He was as helpful as anyone could have expected. We had a good laugh and a chat, he loaded the vehicle and off he went. The car was picked up, in a suburb in Melbourne, on March 24.
On March 30, after I had flown to Perth, I received a text message from SMB. 'Your car is available for collection etc'. The depot address was given, as was a name to call, and his mobile contact number.
At first I thought there must be a mistake, but upon calling the contact, it was confirmed that the car had indeed arrived - SIX days after collection.
After settling my account with head office to avoid collection delay, (again the girls couldn't have been more helpful) they informed Perth that it had been paid and I went to pick up the car that afternoon.
The guy I met in the depot was again, as helpful and friendly a person as you could hope to meet. He went over the car with me, there was no damage. Everything inside was as I had (securely) packed it.
Again, there was no rush, we chatted, had a laugh, signed off delivery of the vehicle, and i was on my way.
I have not listed the names of people I spoke with on the phone and met personally, out of respect for their privacy. They are all however, in my opinion, a huge asset to SMB.
Again in my opinion, they could not have made the process of transporting a vehicle with personal effects inside, from Melbourne to Perth, any easier or efficient.

The above, is my experience with SMB.

Maybe it's simply because I respect people, and treat them the way I would like to be treated myself; I don't know. All I can say is that I showed these people due respect, and they delivered their promised service better than I could have imagined.
Transporting a vehicle from one side of Australia to another is something that the majority of the public do very rarely. I do not know when or if I will have the need to do so again. If I do however, I will definitely hope that SMB are still around to do the job for me.
My experience with them, was without fault.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you for your review, it is greatly appreciated! The Team at SMB

Laverton, Melbourne

• 3 comments

Service hell like anything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

It's been 2 months sitting my car in the depot and still don't know when my car will arrive in Melbourne. It may take another 2 month. They are a big liar. At first they said 2 weeks again 30 business days and now another month. Every time when I call them they come with an excuse like weather, truck broke down such and such. I am sick and tired of it. I can't believe on them anymore. I am very angry, they took my happiness away I am struggling here back and forth. I only can pray to the god to take a revenge and snitch each piece of happiness from them too. They are crap, they are hell like anything. Honestly, please people I beg with you better find someone to drive a car with you and drive your car rather waiting 2/3 month or more to come to you.

SMB carrier and car transport online booking agent both are really a worst service provider. I won't make same mistake again using these scammers.
I would have give 0 rating if anywhere I could press on 0.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hello Jessie, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you, Daniella

What you gonna do with my reference number? Your service system will change or what else you want to prove that you have good customer service? Very very annoying...u r sucking my life....

Don't forget that you have waisted my time, money and given me an excuses which makes my life harder and harder. You are a biggest lier ever I met in my life. I wish to slap you but I can't but god... read more »

wagaman

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Disgusting service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 16, 2017

Never use this service, really disappointing , more than three month waiting, everything inside the car get damage, No responsibility at all.

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Hello Govi, Do you have a booking number so I can look into this for you? Thank you, Daniella

what u doing with my booking number- putting in a bin??? are you refunding my fee and pay for the damage?? useless

SMB Car Transport Official

Hello Govi, I need your booking number so I can look into this and see what is happening with your vehicle movement. Thank you

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Excellent Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2017

I received excellent service from SMB. The vehicle was picked up on time, and delivered early. Not a mark on the vehicle, administration staff were excellent. I was told it may take up to 6 weeks from Perth to Newcastle and it only took 2 weeks. Vehicle was delivered to my home the same day it arrived in Sydney, 3 hours away. The delivery driver ran me twice to advise of delays and was friendly and courteous in delivering the car. I would definitely use SMB again. Great service, thankyou.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
SMB Car Transport Official

Thank you for your review and business! The Team at SMB