Filter By:

Great company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Easy quoting online service - reasonable prices. I have luckily never had to put in a claim but when my daughter had a nasty fall and needed stitches in hospital all the bills were paid without any hassles.

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Very quick and easy process to obtain the claim

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

I had an ankle infection and required medical attention in USA. I had purchased the policy online and found it an easy process. Again the process of obtaining the claim online was very quick and easy.

Highly recommend SCTI

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 28, 2017

Unfortunelty we were unable to go on our planned o/s holiday due to an injury, a week out the insurance company were great to deal with, easy processes and quick to respond with the outcome we desired. Already looking at rebooking our holiday and I wouldn't go without Travel insurance!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Lauren. I'm very sorry to hear that you couldn't make your trip due to an injury, that must have been very upsetting. Thanks for sharing your experience - it's great to hear your feedback. I hop... read more »

Insurance claim made

always insure with southern cross

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2017

I am extremely happy with the price. I travel overseas about three times a year and sometimes with a group of people.
I had never made a claim till about 3 months ago. It wasn't a large amount as such but after getting required documents together the payment was into my bank in a couple of days. I was very surprised and pleased.
No hassle at all.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi hawkeyenez. Thank you for the lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this with others. It’s great to hear that you found the claims process to be hassle free. Katie – Digital Media Manager

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Unexpected event - Probably not covered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

In the event of an unexpected event, like the Tigerair Bali flight cancellations, please do not think you are covered for any prepaid expenses due to this section in the T&C's: "NOT covered due to the error, default or Financial Collapse of any service provider". Really not sure when you are covered at all.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi bouweilz. I am sorry to hear you are not happy with the outcome of your claim. If you haven't already contacted us to appeal the decision, details on how to appeal and what you can do next are h... read more »

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Very good company to deal with have no complaints at all we have delt with you everytime we travel and intend do so next time we travel thankyou for your inquiry on how our trip went

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks Pma, it's great to hear you're happy with our customer service. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Fantastic never go without them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

The policy is definite good value for money,so easy to get a quote online then proceed to accept and it's done in a few minutes, we have used them before on an overseas trip that had issues customer support were fantastic couldn't of asked for any better

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to review us Heather. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

No worries Katrina
You are an amazing company to deal with we would just like others to know that
Regards Heather

Would not travel without it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Easy to get our policy and make changes. Great value, even when we needed extra cover. Previously claims with SCTI have been really easy to complete and great support but there was no need to claim this time. Winning!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Katie! Kind regards, Katrina.

Insurance claim made

Would not travel without SCTI.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Have used SCTI on several overseas trips from America, Europe , Asia and recently to Fiji. We also have Insurance in place for our trip to Scandinavia in September. We submitted our first claim 2 weeks ago. Your response was prompt and our claim processed without any difficulty. Thank you for the peace of mind your company provides.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks Rog for your review. It's great to hear you're happy with the claims process. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Will use again - but room for improvement on routine transactional matters e.g. policy extension whi

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

Regular user without any issues. This time I needed to extend my policy for extra time while I was travelling. Unfortunately this could only be achieved via phone to an Australian number & not automatically via email. When you sign up you are asked to acknowledge that all communication will take place via email. It was disappointing that such an ordinary transaction (extension of time to the period of cover due to an unexpected extension of time of a business trip) could not simply be resolved online - like the initial transaction. Other than that, I have had no issues and will use them again, mindful of this limitation, which sensibly they should resolve.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Melissa. Thanks for your feedback about the extension process. I will pass this onto the appropriate team to consider. Thanks for taking the time to review us. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Will Use SCTI again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

We had a great cruise and felt confident should any travel insurance issue arise we would be covered. Luckily no issues did arise this trip but on a previous trip 2 years ago we lost one of our cases of luggage. This was dealt with very sympathetically with SCTI and hence we chose to insure with them again,.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Anne. It's good to hear that your trip went without a hitch this time! Thanks for taking the time to review us. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Insurance claim made

It could never happen to me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2017

As my title suggests, but it did. My wife and I lost our luggage from Rome to Crete. Called SCTI on emergency and immediately eased my anxiety due to only having the clothes on our backs. Up to $1000 each as the policy said, on staples. Funds were completely refunded within 3 days on my return.
Fantastic specialised service, will use again on next trip.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Jim. Sorry to hear that your luggage went missing! I hope you had no problems in receiving it eventually. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

1 of 157 pages

Hi If I'm on a 457 working visa and I live in australia for 5 years can I apply for the travel insurance ?

Swamisara asked on Mar 26, 2017

Hi - I have a policy (11726082) to cover our impending trip to Europe in August. While in Europe we are joining two cycling tours and one of the tours indicated they will arrange insurance. I am advising that we have travel insurance, but I wondered whether the cycles that the tour operator will provide will be covered by SCTI if they are damaged during the week they are allocated to us to ride? Stephen

Steve R asked on Mar 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi Steve, thanks for your question.

Provided that the agreement signed with the tour operator states you are legally liable for any damage to the cycles, and you will only be doing recreational cycling (i.e. not participating in any timed events) there's provision for this under Section 6 (Personal Liability). I have let our team know about your question on Product Review, and they have made a note under your policy confirming this advice has been given.

If you need to clarify anything further, please don't hesitate to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au.

We hope you have a great time away in August! Kind regards, Katrina.

Hi, We are travelling to Europe in July 2017, My husband and I are travelling a week earlier than our 16 year old daughter, but we will all be returning together. Is it possible to buy a family policy?

CBJ asked on Feb 28, 2017

Answer this

Hi CBJ, thanks for your question.

Sorry, to all to be covered on one policy, you must all have the same itinerary for the full duration of your journey, (from the time you all depart Australia, until the time you all arrive back in Australia). As you do not have the same itinerary, your daughter will require a separate policy for the full duration of her journey.

Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further questions, info@scti.com.au.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

See all 359 questions about Southern Cross Travel Insurance