Filter By:

Outstanding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Great value policy, hassle free claim procedure! Have used Southern Cross whenever travelling overseas and feel peace of mind every time. Have only had to make one claim for medical services and was very impressed with the ease and the fast processing time. Highly recommended.

Insurance claim made

Easy policy purchase and great claim service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

We have used SCTI on a number of occasions. They are usually the most cost effective option when we shop around and their web site is very easy to use. This trip required some additional information and I found the telephone operator to be very helpful with great product knowledge. However, the proof of a good insurance company is when you need to make a claim. On this occasion a claim was required and the online claim system is simple to use. Claim was settled within 10 days of lodging with no problems at all. Will use SCTI for our next trip.

2nd Time Used and 1st Time needed - VERY HELPFUL

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

This is the 2nd time we have used SCT. The policy was not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either and as we have elderly parents we were interested in a policy that covered us if we needed to return home for a family emergency. Fortunately we did not need to use it for this, we needed to claim regarding my stolen handbag. The process involved emailing SCT initially after the theft and then I was given a link to itemise the items stolen. SCT were quick to respond, personalised in their response and the online form was easy to comp lete. I enquired how long I had to formalise my claim, any receipts I had were in Australia and I wasn't returning from awhile yet. I was promptly advised my claim would not be closed but would 'rest' until I had returned, it would then 'reopen'once all paperwork was submitted my post. I was a bit apprehensive, I was a bit low in the receipt department, however I was able to provide as much 'evidence' as I could that I did indeed own the items that were listed in my police report (that's another story, try finding a police station in Florence that can help on such matters!). A thank you email to a friend who had gifted me my wallet, verification from the shop that it was purchased; photos of me holding my handbag and a link to the brand's website with the current version and price verification. Little things that took a lot of time to put together but has resulted in payment of my claim that I am happy with and that was completed in record time. Thank you SCT, we are grateful we were insured with you and we will insure with you again.

Outstanding Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

SCTI was not only one of the cheaper options on my recent trip to Bali.
But were also helpful when it come to my wife feeling unwell and required a doctors visit.
When we returned home from our visit the reply and response in regards to our claim, was quick and thorough.
I will continue to use SCTI for all of travel insurance requirements.
For NO FUSS!!! Travel Insurance you cant go past SCTI

Insurance claim made

Careful evaluation of circumstances around my stolen backback

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

SCTI travel policy was good value and quick to establish including a medical condition assessment that was outside normal conditions.They responded appropriately to my lost backpack claim and were careful in evaluating the circumstances and asking questions about the incident to evaluate the situation. Payment for the loss was appropriate and updates on the progress of the claim were factual. I would recommend SCTI without hesitation.

claim procedure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

policy was good value and east to set up on the computer, it covered our travel arrangements
The claim process very easy to follow and put through.
Excellent follow up and customer support in plain English which has made this a easy to follow procedure, which is far better than our last policy with the RAC which made it impossible to understand.

Aubin Grove

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Claim well processed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

My wife and I took up SCTI for our 3-month tour of Europe late last year. We incurred additional charges on flights and rental car incidents. I lodged a claim. It was processed promptly in accordance with the terms and conditions stated in the policy statements. We are happy with the outcome. Our policy is value for money, easy to sign up online. Instructions on claim lodgement are clear. Our claim was promptly processed, exceeding expectations. We are very satisfied.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Dave, glad to hear you're happy with the claim outcome. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

Insurance claim made

When you're on holidays and about to cry, you can always count on SCTI ;)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

First time claiming travel insurance for delayed baggage (30 hours) and it was a very easy process. As long as you have ALL original receipts and the Property Irregularity Report, youll be sweet. I forgot to get a receipt for the toiletries but still very satisfied with the outcome. Submitted the claim on the 6th Feb and got a result on the 21st Feb.
Also keep in mind the $100 excess.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi travelmuch. Sorry to hear that your baggage was delayed for 30 hours!! I hope you still managed to enjoy your time away, even without your things for so long. Thanks for sharing your experience ... read more »

Elsternwick

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Insurance claim made

Wouldn't use any other company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

I've always used SCTI for travel insurance as it has been great value but I have never had to claim before. This time I did and they were fantastic! They covered my doctor's bill and my camera repair. The claim was processed very quickly and I had no problems with them at all. Will definitely continue to use them for all of my travel insurance.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Pat, sorry to hear that you needed to make a claim. Hope you're feeling well! Kind regards, Katrina

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Insurance claim made

Great value for money, professional all the way

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2017

I have used SCTI a few times over my years of travel but this was the first time I had to make a claim through them. Quite easy to do online..my claim was approved within a couple of weeks; but I was informed that it was out of a gesture of good will as I hadn't met all the clauses in their policy for my particular claim...my fault...it was a small thing I forgot to get a receipt for but going by their policy they could have disregarded the claim all together, so I THANK SCTI for still processing the claim and I recommend that everyone have a close look at the finer print :-).

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks ritzzi for posting your review. Glad to hear that you're happy with the outcome of your claim and that we were able to help. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Insurance claim made

friendly and understanding customer service operators

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

Really happy with the whole process the insurance was less expensive to purchase than others and when we needed them they were there and really seemed concerned for our circumstances. Highly recommended

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Cathie, that's great to hear! Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

Sydney

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Painless Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2017

We had a medical emergency during our trip to Africa in December 2016. Never took a travel insurance before but this time decided to take one. After some research, we decided to go with SCTI. Provided them with all the documentation and after sometime, our claim was accepted! They are pretty straight forward and never been a pain.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Sorry to hear medical treatment was needed while you were in Africa. I hope a speedy recovery was made. Thanks for taking the time to post your review. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

1 of 155 pages

I am looking at booking travel insurance for one year in Italy. I am 18 in 5 days but I leave in April. If i get the insurance before 18 do i still need my parents details? I need the insurance soon so i can send it with my visa. Cheers

James asked on Feb 18, 2017

Answer this

Hi James, thanks for your question.

A travel insurance policy is a legal contract, so this means if the policy is organised while you are still a minor, it would have to be arranged by your parent or legal guardian as a minor cannot enter into a contract.

Once you have turned 18 you would be welcome to purchase a policy in your own right, provided you meet the eligibility criteria listed on page 2 of our current Combined Financial Services Guide (FSG), Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), including Policy Wording. https://www.scti.com.au/our-products/travelcare/policy-wording-benefits/

A Single Journey policy may be purchased for a maximum duration of 1 year. It is recommended that you check whether your type of visa has any specific insurance requirements so that you can compare these with the cover offered under our policy before making your own decision on the suitability of the product for your needs.

Please feel free to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au if you have any further questions.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

good morning, i fell while in Bayonne, France, my camera and lens were scraped, but seem to work properly. however, i have noticed recently that the focus point seems to be off from where i select it, and would like to have both my camera and lens tested, make sure all is ok. and repaired if need be. i didn't have medical expenses, as i sprained my wrist and it did hurt all the way to the shoulder, but this just needed rest and i'm nearly healed. i also lost the pen off of my samsung note 5, while in Belgium. didn't hear or see it fall. how do i go about this ? thanks, regards,

viv asked on Feb 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Viv, thanks for your question.

I'm sorry to hear about your fall, however it's good to hear you're healing well.
With regards to your camera and lens, the TravelCare policy provides cover for baggage and personal items which are lost, stolen or damaged as the result of an unexpected event. An excess of $100 applies per unexpected event.

Cover for lost items is for their indemnity value ( the original purchase price, less depreciation based on their age).
Cover for damaged items is for the lower of:

• The repair cost, if repairable; or
• The indemnity value

Claims may be submitted using our online claim form. https://www.scti.com.au/claims/make-a-claim/
As there are two separate events mentioned here (the fall in Bayonne, and the loss of your pen in Belgium) two separate excesses would apply.

To accurately assess your claim we would need to receive:

• A repair report for your camera outlining the nature of the damage and a quote for repair; and
• Proof of ownership and value for the lost/damaged items.

We understand that for accessories, such as your pen, you will not have a separate receipt. The receipt for the purchase of the iPad may be supplied, together with evidence of the cost of purchasing a new pen. As your policy is not a ‘replacement value’ policy our assessors would apply depreciation to the cost of the pen, based on the age of your iPad.

Once we receive your claim and supporting documents, they will be allocated to an assessor. The claims assessor will contact you if they require any further information in order to finalise your claim.

I hope this helps answer your question, however please feel free to contact the team directly in needed at info@scti.com.au.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

forget the pen, and i'll do the camera myself.

Hi I have looked into your cover for my upcoming trip in Nepal in which I will be trekking to Everest Base Camp and it is a private tour organised with a licensed tour operator in Nepal. Can you please give me a confirmation that as long as I am just trekking (no professional equipment will be required) that I will be covered with no restriction on altitude level or snow condition? This also includes medical evacuation off the mountain in case of emergency? Thank you

khoa asked on Feb 11, 2017

Hi khoa,

Wow - sounds like you have quite an amazing trip planned!

As you will be undertaking your trek as part of a licensed organised tour, and you will only be trekking, rather than climbing or mountaineering, you would be covered under our TravelCare policy for any unexpected events, including medical evacuation if necessary.

We have no restrictions on altitude or snow conditions. If the tour operator is satisfied the conditions are safe to proceed then you would be covered.

If you have any other queries about your trip to Nepal, please feel free to contact us directly: info@scti.com.au.

Otherwise, have a fantastic time!

Katie - Digital Media Manager