Filter By:

Verified Purchase

Competitive price and easy to apply.

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

I have done 20 or so overseas trips and fortunately have never had to claim on travel insurance.
Prices for some companies have gone through the roof especially based on age it seems rather than health.
This company however has currently competitive prices and has an easy application process and communicates well.
I have used them 3 times without a claim and will consider them for my next trip.
I would like to see no claim bonuses introduced and no frills policies just covering the basic travel risks for a lower price. Eg: I am not sure w
hy I need to pay for my phone and camera to be insured when I travel overseas - they are uninsured in Australia when I travel and I accept that risk?
The claims component is the ultimate test of any Insurance Company and from the comments I am reasonably confident any claims I might have in future would result in a satisfactory outcome for me, but hopefully I will never have to find out!
I have given 4 stars instead of 5 as I have not tested the claims process yet.
Cheers
Eugene

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Eugene. Thanks very much for your feedback regarding the policy and different options that could be available to travellers. I will pass this on to our underwriting team to take into considerati... read more »

No Problems

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Very happy with everything regarding the value & the policy. Have never had to make a claim so far & have used Southern Cross 5 times now Will use them for future travel Very easy to set up & would recommend them to my friends ..Thanks Southern CrossTravel

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for taking the time to post a review Poly. Great to hear you insure with us each time you travel. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Hassle free

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Very easy to apply the price was excellent compared to other policies even although we are over 70 I felt it was a good deal I made a couple of phone calls just to check few details and received prompt polite and helpful assistance. Fortunently we had a 5 weeks cruise plus time in America without needing to claim but I felt very confident that I was protected should any mishaps have happened will definitely use southern cross again it I need insurance .

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for posting your review Nanny. It's great to hear that you had an uneventful and great time on your cruise in America! Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Forgot to say that one of the points that really sold me on your cover was that there was no excess on any medical claims everyone else I looked at charge extra to even reduce the excess and some ... read more »

Insurance claim made

Feeling better about a bad experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

After using SCTI many times I needed, sadly, to make a claim re stolen property this month. It was as easy to make a claim as it was to purchase the policy and I was very impressed with the whole claim service, I was kept informed the whole time how my claim was going and was happy with the result. Will definitely use SCTI again and happy to recommend to others.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Linda. Thanks for the great feedback, it's good to hear that your experience making a claim with us was a positive one. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

PROMPT UNFUSSED SERVICE

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

made claim last week for seeing dr overseas after an injury, and also for a lost item.printed online claim form and posted off. had reply that it was accepted a few days later and money in our account yesterday. no messing around ..very impressed. would use them again.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Handy K, great to hear you'd use our insure again. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

All Good

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

Southern Cross Travel Insurance was recommended to us by others. Service was good, including a late update to extend the policy due to the flight home being a day later.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for choosing to insure with us Rob. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Beware of dodgy medical cover

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

I have used this company in the past, and recently enquired about cover for an upcoming trip. However, I found out that if I refused the extra cover offered for my declared mild asthmatic pre-existing condition that they can then cancel ANY cover for the other conditions they 'bundle' together with lung conditions - even not pre-existing - like heart attack. That means that even though I have no known or diagnosed cardiac problems I would have no cover if I was hospitalised with a sudden heart attack during the term of the policy. This is a totally deplorable, unethical policy and I would urge anyone with pre-existing medical issues to look for a more honourable company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Chris, thanks for your comment regarding cover for your asthma. As you've correctly pointed out, if you have pre-existing asthma, but choose not to pay the additional premium to have cover for ... read more »

Thankfully you are the only insurer I found who adopts this policy. My doctor disagrees with your reasoning as I have regular check-ups so I can be sure I am free of heart disease or diabetes. The... read more »

Wauchope, New South Wales

• 9 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 36 helpful votes

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Very happy with the service.. It was very pain free to sign up and the pricing was great. I also covered for additional "known" illnesses (asthma and sleep apnoea). These additions only added an extra $10 for a greater piece of mind.
I'll definitely use them again.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks K8T for your review, glad to hear that you would purchase from us again! Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

Insurance claim made

A great experience with rental car insurance claim. The process was timely and professional. Thank

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

The SCTI policy I took out was good value, was very easy to set up and their customer support was excellent. Their cover for reportable pre-existing medical conditions is excellent also.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review Wheatbelt girl, we appreciate it. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications

SCTI by far the best

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

Very simple claim process, processed within under two weeks! Friendly and very helpful staff, easy to contact and get a hold of a person to talk to. I have done a lot of travel and these guys are by far the best, will be using them again!

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Marina, thank you for the awesome comments about our claims team. Your feedback is much appreciated and I'll pass it onto the team here at SCTI. We look forward to covering your next adventure. Katie, Digital Media Manager

Excellent cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Simple application process and a very fair price for pre existing conditions. Will definitely use this company again. Also liked the fact that the company makes contact before and after travel. Makes it seem very personal.

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Hi Matt. It's great to hear you found the online process simple and the price fair. Thanks for your feedback on our emails - we like to add the personal touch! We look forward to covering your next trip. Katie, Digital Media Manager

Camberwell

• 6 answers
  • 18 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Thank God we took SCTI travel policy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Comments
Southern Cross Travel Insurance Official

Thanks for your review! Sorry to hear that you all got sick while away, I hope it didn't interrupt your holiday too much. Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

1 of 161 pages

Hi I am flying from NYC to SYD arriving at 6:20am. I need to book an onwards flight from SYD to New Zealand. What is the minimum time I need to allow between the two flights to ensure I am covered by insurance if my initial flight from NYC is delayed and I miss the flight to NZ?

Alexandra Archer asked on May 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi Alexandra, thanks for your question.

You might need to give the team a call on +1800 196 484 to clarify your journey and to ensure you're covered fully for your travels. (https://www.scti.com.au/contact-us/help/)

Under the TravelCare policy, if you enter Australia, even briefly, and you hold a Single Journey policy, then your cover will cease on arrival in Australia.
If you clear border formalities, we would consider your trip to New Zealand to be a completely separate journey, which means you would need to purchase a separate policy for your NZ trip.

If you are simply transitting, without clearing any border formalities, then provided you've checked the minimum connection times directly with both airlines and they meet those requirements, there would be provision for cover should you miss a connecting flight.

It's not possible to give you a blanket connection time as it depends on many factors, including the airlines themselves, as well as whether the flights are on the same ticket or separate tickets etc.

If you are on separate tickets, you may be required to clear border formalities in which case your cover will end.

You'll need to check directly with the Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection to see whether you will need to clear customs. There is a contact us link on their website https://www.border.gov.au/.

Please feel free to contact the team directly, as mentioned above. You can phone the team or send us an email at info@scti.com.au.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager

Hi, I have purchased scti after I booked the flights. I received an email from airline, my flights is rescheduled to afternoon flight, due to this rescheduled flight, I couldn't make to my connecting flight. They don't have the flight for me at same day and have to put me on next day flight. In this case, can I claim the extra unexpected cost? Thanks

Olivia H asked on May 12, 2017

Answer this

Hi Olivia H, thanks for your question.

You're welcome to make a claim for this event, as it sounds like it was unexpected to you after you purchased your policy. You can make a claim here: https://www.scti.com.au/claims/make-a-claim/ and here's an article that may be helpful to you, on what to provide with your claim: https://help.scti.com.au/app/answers/detail/a_id/190/kw/190

Just be aware that there is a $100 excess that applies to claims made under this section of the policy, and any additional expenses for which you claim for must be same class and nature as originally purchased.

Please feel free to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au if you need any further information or clarification.

Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

I don't want reviews, I just want to take out travel insurance! I seem to be going around in circles. How do I apply for insurance? and why do I have to apply through facebook. I may just look elsewhere.

Yvonne asked on May 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi Yvonne, to apply for travel insurance you just need to go to our website which is: www.scti.com.au.
If you have any questions about the application process, it would be best to contact the team directly at info@scti.com.au.
Kind regards, Katrina. Communications Manager.

See all 369 questions about Southern Cross Travel Insurance