Melbourne

Private message

Lost over $500 in a little over 24 hours.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

I enquired through Stayz in April. Listed as a 4 bedroom house in "central Gold Coast". I followed the prompts which included giving my credit card details. I requested 4 nights in July, Confirmation came back the next day, firstly from Stayz and then from the owner stating that the dates were available and the booking was confirmed. However, the owners email noted 3 bedrooms only (not 4) and that there would be additional charges for power used and for any guests visiting during our stay. None of those details were disclosed prior. Also, the address was in Burleigh Waters, not where we wanted to be. So, I responded to both the next day cancelling the booking. But a deposit of $513 (over half the total cost) had already been taken from my credit card( in a little more than 24 hours). I managed to speak to someone at Stayz who told me only the owner could refund my money. And of course the owner doesn't reply to emails, phone calls or texts. Stayz were very quick to take my money but couldn't care less after that! Never again!

• 1 question
Private message

Try to speak to someone from the company about an issue.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I booked a property for an October rental believing i would be charged the deposit fee. I was charged the whole rental, and on principle have tried since then to speak with somebody from stayz with the authority to refund my card payment. I have spent ages on the phone with the Philippines, no supervisor to talk to, no phone number or contact given. Booking with this firm has been a most distressing lesson in frustration and lack of service. never again would i choose to use this company.......... no service, no contact, never again.

Don't waste your time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Don't waste your time people. I've had several owners just cancel for no reason, charge ridiculous cleaning and service fees and offer very little service and sub par accommodation. Such a flawed service.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Will never ever book with Stayz again customer service is terrible no help what so ever. False advertising booking for 10 people accepted and charged when checked again it only has beds for 8. They were happy to take my money but when I canceled the booking and it was accepted by the owner one month latter still trying to get my deposit of $632.40 Back. The owner of the property is calling them today to see what he can do to help. People go through the owners or another website booking with stayz will only cause trouble. I wish i had read the reviews before I paid my money.

Terrible accommodation website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

Tried booking accommodation on this website and had to go elsewhere. Firstly the system of "requesting a booking" and then the owner has 24 hours to respond is ridiculous. Whilst you're waiting for their reply, all other good places will be booked out and 24 hours later, the request "expires" and no one ever tells you why!

I contacted the owner of the place and was only then told there is a minimum stay of 5 nights which was no where documented on the Stayz website. Not to mention the administration fee of 2% they charge. Absolutely frustrating. Will never even bother with this website again.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Disgusting company practices

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I and 9 other ladies booked a holiday for 2 nights in a GC Broadbeach home. False advertising, fraud and subsequent small claims court hearing - 4 months later is the bones of our storey. The most disgusting thing about STAYZ is the fact they allow the property owner to go in and absorb our $1000 security deposit into the original booking and then create a fraudulent receipt, and then claim that the bond had never been paid.
There are no financial controls for this company, no consumer protection and certainly no customer service.

Negative reviews not accepted

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Find accommodation (host) on Stayz then find their website and book direct

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

It is bad for hosts too and unfortunately Stayz have the big bucks to be on the top of google search. Look up the name of the host you find on Stayz and then contact the hosts directly, google the name of the accommodation and you should find their website allowing you to book direct.Then if you enjoy your stay tell all your friends and family, facebook, all social media, post reviews everywhere giving direct links and contact details to bypass stayz to get others booking direct with hosts. People may be uncertain with some scams reported, don' t wire money, pay with a credit card or direct deposit as these can all be traced by your bank if something happens to go wrong. You save on fees too! If people use Stayz as a phone book and they don't get commission they may be forced to improve and start offering a decent service for their very high fees. Stayz used to be good, reasonable commission and fees but not anymore, profits and greed took hold.

• 7 comments
  • 1 question
  • 4 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2017

Booked a house on stayz, on arrival it had not been cleaned and was filthy. Could not stay in the property. The owner did not return any calls. Stayz advised that a full refund would only be given if the owner authorised it. Posted a review of the property on stayz and stayz would not publish it. I emailed them to ask why as it meet their published criteria and got no reply. I recommend you stay away from stayz as our holiday was a complete disaster.

Going elsewhere

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2017

Attempts to book holiday accomodation on 3 separate occasions have resulted in an inordinate amount of wasted time and frustrating responses from the Stayz system. Property owners and accommodation seekers need to beware this inept service - clearly, competition in this market is sadly lacking.

Melbourne

Stayz...no thanks

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

Booked a property last December only to be called by the property manager nearly 6 months later that she had made a mistake and double booked the house and we could not stay there any longer.As we had booked and paid for flights car etc we were put in a very awkward position which caused plenty of stress. Ended up getting a refund on the deposit after two weeks and plenty of emails and calls back and forth between stayz the property manager and us .Stayz only real concern in all this was to penalize the property manager for trying to offer us accommodation alternatives. Stayz did absolutely nothing to rectifey the situation and at the end of the day only really cared about the commision they could have missed out on. Stayz never agian!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Lets Update the Software Stayz !!!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2017

I have been with STAYZ for 2 years now- my issue is that their software is straight out of the I.T. ARK !! Set up a 3-7 day discount for prospective customers & it won't show on the main header page displaying all the properties in your area, unless they open your page display, your carefully calculated true tariff does not display. Our well composed photos have been cut & compressed to the point that the rooms appear like a dolls house. Phone support is via a snap crackle -pop VOIP line to the Phlippipines.
The support girls are very courteous ,but just mouth the company line & can't answer my in depth questions about the anomalies in their rigid inflexible software..

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes