Bad allergic reaction constant itching

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

Purchased a bag when travelling for our English staffy. Never again. Constant scratching and shaking following consumption. Whatever the filler is not good for sensitive dogs. Back to raw chicken necks, rice veg and coconut oil ASAP.

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Supermarket foods should be off the market

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2016

Worst ingredients you could probably give your dog. Grain free is the way to go, supermarket cheaper pet foods such as this will just give you long term health problems in your pet.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Happy with it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2016

After our dog suffered bloating from another well-known dog food brand, we decided to try Supercoat Sensitive. He did great on it and he's never had problems with bloat since, even on other foods. Would recommend to anyone with a dog who suffers from bloat.

Never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2014

Bought Purina supercoat Active biscuits with Real Kangaroo .Have 2 dogs thought l give product ago with in 3 days largest dog vommiting & shaking day after smaller dog same l immediately with drew purina from diet .That was 22nd Oct 14 . Doing well now never again will l purchase the product

Purchased at: BI-LO

Melbourne

• 1 answer

No more vet bills

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2014

After spending a fortune on vet bills to treat my Jack Russell cross with cortisone injections, tablets and creams and no clue what was causing his terrible rash, I decided to go with my gut and cut out all red meat and red meat protein in his diet. However it was not easy to find reasonably priced dog food without red meat protein, but I finally found Supercoat Sensitive which has been fantastic. I now cook Oscar's wet food myself, so I know what he eats and substitute with the dry food and we have not had an outbreak of skin rash for years. So, if your dog has skin conditions, try taking them off red meat protein - I can highly recommend Supercoat Sensitive.

+ Guaranteed no red meat protein and very economical

Lifesaver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2014

Evee, my 5 yr old kelpie loves this dog food! She is the runt of her litter and has had problems maintaining a healthy weight, she has also suffered from colitis, and had sensitive skin- our local vet gave up on her but my family and I desperately persisted to find a solution. In the past she hadn't reacted well to biscuit but after some positive reviews we tried Supercoat sensitive and her overall health has improved significantly! Her skin and coat has improved ten fold, she has put on weight finally and the biscuits haven't stirred up her colitis at all :) Evee looks and appears healthier than ever, our family stress levels have reduced significantly too!

+ Everything- can't put a price on my dogs health and happiness

Interesting effect

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2013

I've tried supercoat before in the past and recently been using the adult chicken seemed legit and my husky girl didn't seem to mind it since she is really fussy I saw the 'sensitive' bag which I hadn't payed much attention to & knowing she has always been strange or sick with food thought I would give it a go! To my surprise after trying heaps of expensive biscuits in the past she really loves this one even looks around for more I'm guessing huskies love their fish! Tuna not so good for huskies with the amount of mercury in it (warning) but over all very pleased if she's happy I'm happy

+ New flavours

- Filler ingredients

canberra

• 1 helpful vote

Why add corn

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2013

I wondered why my dogs allergies were returning I then read ingredients and they have added corn. So now I have to find another food. After eating this food my dog had scratched all the fur off his chest and he smells like corn chips. So please change back to original formula.

- They changed ingredients

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

blackhawke aussie made and owned no fillers and affordable

Why did you have to change it?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2012

I relied on Supercoat sensitive for the last 2.5 years. It was the only food I could afford that my dog could eat without getting the runs. Then last month he got ill again. I remembered the new packs had a new green label on it that said 'natural'. I compared the ingredients with an old empty bag I still had. They have changed! I don't know exactly what my dog reacts to, but 'it' didn't used to be in Supercoat sensitive and now 'it' obviously is. Why did they have to change an excellent product? Please Purina - lets have the old formula back!

- Can't use it anymore as it is now making my dog ill

Purchased at: PetBarn

Comments

Could you try adding some fresh meat to the Sensitive? It is helping dog with a similar problem. Also, Thrive D is an enzyme you can add. Not cheap but you don't need much... and may be able to a... read more »

SYDNEY

• 1 comment
  • 3 helpful votes

It now has Corn in it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2012

They have recently changed the formula and it now has corn in it.
This is very bad news for owners who relied on Supercoat Sensitive for their Gluten Intolerant dogs.

I spoke to Supercoat/Purina about this and they just fobbed me off and tried to tell me that Corn is fine in dog food.

I'm now going to have to find more money in my low budget to purchase a more expensive Gluten Free kibble for my dog.

Really angry at Supercoat/Purina for destroying what was once a really good dry kibble for dog owners (with dogs who are Gluten Intolerant) on a low budget.

Thank you for reading my review.

+ The Price.

- It Now has corn in it :(

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Why change it?

Hi John, My guess is that Corn is a cheap filler to make up the weight in the food. It look as though Profit is much more important than dog's health to these big companies. i'm so mad about t... read more »

Yes, not happy either. We relied on this product as well. It was the only one we found that worked for our GSD. I did send an email to purina/supercoat and got no response at all. Also their websit... read more »

Great for Bull terrier skin

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2012

My bull terrier is allergic to beef, kangaroo lamb chicken, almost everything , so I was giving him really expensive food for allergies then on the off chance I had a look at the ingredients on the purina packet - fish(salmon and tuna and sardines) so I thought I would give it a try, well his skin in looking fantastic , not at all red or itchy .

+ Inexpensive and great for his skin

- He has quite smelly wind But I can live with this if it means not itching and redness

Purchased at: Woolworths

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Only kibble my sensative GSD can have

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2012

I too tried this product after failing with expensive ones. Straight away we found a change in her reactions to this. Would suggest it to anyone with a dog who can't tolerate other kibbles. Gluten free is the key I think. And the best bit is it is light on the wallet.

+ Great for our sensitive tummy dog. Very affordable price and available in Supermarket. Gluten free

- Only one is doesn't' come in the larger bag but that's ok.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes