Model: VL800L2

Great Cruiser,well done suzuki

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

2008 model,now have 69,000klms still runs like a dream,servicing myself oil&filter every 7,500 cannot fault this bike has given me great pleasure

Perth

Bloody Beautiful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2015

She has looks, style, solid handling and power. My girl is a 2008 beauty with the blue-silver paintwork that makes heads turn. Her cobra pipes produce an excellent note that gives road presence and commands respect. Hasn't missed a beat. Quality components mean no rust or flimsy bits. She's voluptuous, solid, and comes into her own on the highway, with plenty of power to overtake at speed. Love her!

• 8 comments

Terrible engineering from suzuki

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2015

After buying my c50 new in 2007 and with only 23000km on clock.I was informed that my engine needed new cam chains and adjusters After seeking second opinion i was told this is a common problem.The heads need to come off just to fit adjusters. The whole execise was going to cost upwards of $3000 The trade in price is $1500 i assume the dealers no of this problem.

Mackay, Queensland

Send a message

Great reliable bike, fun to ride, great all rounder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2015

I have a 2005 model, had 750ks on it when I bought it and now has 14000ks after about 18 months!
I ride two up occasionally 400-500km trips and I was surprised how well the bike handled it. I am about 112kg so I thought with two it might be a bit much but I was wrong. Two of us plus luggage cruise at speed limit and over and overtake when required no dramas. The screen is a must and floorboards a
Read more nd backrest made it more secure and comfy for my wife.
Great package especially for the price, cheap to run, and easy to maintain and plenty of aftermarket accessories. The only thing I don't like is the engine noise, I've been on plenty of forums that say it is normal for the C50 to sound like an angry sewing machine so I'm not worried! Maybe just get louder pipes haha

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 1 question
  • 30 answers
  • 104 helpful votes
Send a message

Just bought my second One !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2014

Just bought my second C 50 .. all decked out to Cruise.. Footboards.. Batwing fairing Hard case panniers and Top Box.. Mustang seat and engine bars with Highway pegs.. Its all Good!!!

Glasshouse mountains Qld

A Gem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2014

At 68 I am still enjoying the trills of a fast ride but also appreciate a little comfort,leaning back with my feet forward and my arms nicely streched....At 180cm,the bike fits me perfectly,nimble and yet heavy enough to withstand gusts of winds on the motorway. Frugal and easy to service, willing and allways ready to start on command (FI) she is the perfect Mistress!!

My third C50

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2014

Well this is my third C50 this time I bought the C50T the two tone Black and Red model which comes fitted with bags, sissy bar and screen.
I just sold my Harley Dyna Super Glide I don't do big rides anymore (not saying the C50 won't take you around Australia) but for the riding I do these days the C50 is perfect for me, great town bike, great hi-way bike and great to do some touring on, just a great all rounder.

+ Great value for the price, looks fantastic, rides fantastic, almost the perfect bike.

- Can't fault this bike so nothing to say here.

gisborne

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers

c50t Great all round

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2013

I have a two tone 2012 version of the bike. Smooth, powerful, eye catching ang comfortable. I have no dramas keeping up with the 1200cc harleys, with an after market set of Vance&hynes thevoice of my bike is one of authority.
Great bike, regularly get 270km from a tank of fuel. Comfortable even after a four hour trip.
Beautiful looking cruiser and unless you are over 6 foot tall and 120kg or you must have a harley, than this is a great alternative. Can not fault it after 12000 kms...

+ looks, size, comfort, reliability.

4 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

Thanks for your honesty. I own an original US import grandfather of the current model the VS750 in Black of course. A great alternative to HDs sportster in its day. My cruiser turns thirty next yea... read more »

We have now passed 24,ooo km in 18 months with not a hint of trouble. Rear tyre replaced at 16k and front still has about 5k left. Fuel range is easily over 300k, theoretically 330k but I've never run it dry to find out.

I have a 2007 C50 with @33k and do 2 up riding a lot so have around 150 kg's on-board and regularly get 300 plus from the tank. Running Pirelli night dragons and have now got over 20k on them and j... read more »

Newbury Park

Excellent Bike

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2012

Well designed. Easy to maintain. I do all the servicing myself, except for the valve check. Replacement parts are easy to find and with the Clymers maintenance book, it is easy to maintain. It is a reliable bike. I've got 20k miles on it and have not had any problems. There was a recall on the rectifier and the dealer replaced it for free.

It rides and handles well. my only complaint is that
Read more it sometimes has a problem shifting into first gear or into neutral. When this occurs, I have to roll the bike forward a little. It can be a little jerky in first gear when you let off the throttle a little. Once you get it into second gear or later, there is no jerkiness. Braking is excellent when using both breaks. It has good power for a 800. When going 65+ uphill, you sometimes have downshift into 4th gear. The ride is comfortable. The heel/toe shifter and floorboard really help.

+ Reliable, lots of after market parts (good price), well designed, easy to maintain, looks good, great price ($8000)

- Sometimes difficult to shift into 1st or Neutral.

4 people found this helpful, do you?

Smooth Flowing Down The Road

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2012

The Suzuki C50 is just the size and height for the average female looking for a nice motorcycle. There is nothing than can take the place of a comfortable bike on a two to three hour spring day ride in the country side. This bike is big and powerful enough to keep up with the crowd and the slick appearance will make people take a second look. I have add some chrome parts, saddlebags, speakers, sissybar, windshield,and more. As you may realize I love my bike.

+ The C50 is a reliable bike. I got a new battery last year but nothing else other than regular maintenace

- Arrrrrre!!!

6 people found this helpful, do you?

• 1 helpful vote
Send a message

Best all round bike i've ever ridden

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2012

Just racked up 1000 kms and put Suzy in for her first service. This is one bike where you can believe the claims made by the manufacturer. I am 6ft 9inches and weigh 65kg, let me tell you if your dimensions are similar to mine you will love this bike.
I have only ever owned sportsbikes in the past, but have ridden tourers and dirt bikes also over the last 23 years, but had never rode a cruiser
Read more before. The C50T was a 40th present for myself, wish i had done cruiser's sooner.
This bike was cheaper than my previous two bikes, being a ZZR and CBR but much more enjoyable and practical, granted they are different bikes but this is just so much better in most aspects that i must admit i am still surprised.
From the styling, the EFI, low maintenance shaft drive, fuel and gear indicators, ease of self-maintenance, larger than expected corner clearance and overall smoothness and ease of maneuverability this is just an absolute joy to ride.
Only negatives for me are:
1) need a windshield if you are planning on longer range rides over 90km per hour.
2) has more than enough grunt for me given my size, but i reckon some of you would like if it came in 1000cc or 1100cc whilst keeping similar bike dimensions. The C109RT at 1783cc is just way to big for someone my size, i looked like a midget on it, but geez its a lovely looking machine.
For this price it really is ridiculous the quality of bike you are getting, i would highly recommend it to anyone that is looking for style, practicality, reliability, performance and don't care about size or badges. If it's the best bike in its range you are after then look no further this is it. I test rode Yamaha V Star 950 and 1100, as well as Kawasaki Vulcan 900. The Kwaka was a nice bike and has similar technology with engine to C50, but for me was let down with gear and fuel gauges, styling and handling a little, but it is a very nice bike to ride. Whatever you do, stay well away from the Yamaha's, those two bikes would have to have been in the top 10 worst bikes i have ever ridden.

- Need windshield if doing high speed.

14 people found this helpful, do you?

Comments

An absolutely accurate and concise appraisal of the C50. Outstanding value for money - do yourself a favour and buy one.

I agree.. I have windshield and bags and a top box, also Sat Nav and heated grips ( was spoiled when I had the Beemer) All great accessories for a great little touring bike !@

I'm 6'3" tall and weigh 230lbs. I noted in your review that you said you are 6'9" and 65kg or 143 lbs. I mean no disrespect but are your dimensions as stated accurate? 6'9" is very tall with on... read more »

she is my beautiful girl

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 21, 2011

just recently renewed my acquaintance with riding after a lapse of 25 years and discovered that this beautiful machine was for me...with a low centre of gravity position, comfortable seat position, enough power to leave a lot of those pretenders still standing when your well on your way, this bike turns heads everywhere i go.. i fitted vance and hines short shots, which makes those harleys sound Read more like tractors, you should try it.., if you want to keep up with the jones, buy a harley, at least you will be saving money on haircuts..

+ gr8 value 4 money, pleasure to ride, very safe and quick at the same time. on performance and looks, leaves most bikes in its class for dead.

8 people found this helpful, do you?

1 of 2 pages

Hi, I'm John. I own a c50t and I am trying to find out if anyone has or knows anybody that has modified the gearring to make more highway friendly, or has managed to put a different gear bog with 6 gears?. I think it could do with an extra gear or something. I have heard that the gearing in the shaft can be made to suit faster highway crusing.?

BJ asked on Jun 14, 2015

Answer this

Hey John, I've seen on some boulevard forums guys talking about using the shaft drive from a 90. Not sure about the details but if you check out some forums I reckon you will find some info!

We have a C50 boulevard 2006. We road it all weekend then on way home it started losing power

chkpjr asked on May 20, 2015

Answer this

Not sure what it could be, not ever having experienced the problem myself. My stab in the dark is a fuel supply issue. Perhaps some grit or dirty fuel has restricted supply or clogged injectors. I wouldn't bother about fuel cleaners from a can, as tests indicate limited (or no?) results (e.g. http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/engine/impp-1106-fuel-system-cleaners/#__federated=1). Referral to a trusty mechanic to diagnose the issue and if it is the injectors, give them a proper clean. Good luck.

What is the weight limit of riders on a c50 boulevardc50? I'm 300lbs and girl almost as big is that over weight limit and if not what you set shocks at

gsirrine asked on Apr 30, 2015

Answer this

Sadly I think your a bit too heavy for the C 50.. I weigh 110 kg ( 220 lbs and my wife is 80 kg ( 180 lbs..) and whilst it carries us reasonably well.. even then its getting close to the occasional bottom out on Bumpy roads.. The Spec sheet from Suzuki might help.. look it up for weight limits.. but I'm not too hopeful.. the bigger versions ( C 90 or the C 1`09 are much stronger in their pulling power.. Goo Luck!

See all 13 questions about Suzuki Boulevard C50