The Suzuki Boulevard C50 has been replaced by the newer Suzuki Boulevard C50T model.

Campbelltown

Date Purchased: Sep 2016

Most fun bike to Date

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

Previous bike was a GSX1250FA. At 6ft 5 I thought this cruiser would be too small and under powered. Fell in love after one ride of my 2008 Blue and silver C50 with 19000ks on the clock.Just can;t get enough of this bike. Looks like a $30,000 Harley and thanks to Vance and Hines sounds like one.Just done a overnight ride with some friends to Parkes and back, 800 km over two days and loved every minute on this little cruiser.

• 1 comment
  • 5 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

What a surprise!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

Purchased my 2008 Boulevard C50 about a month ago, with 26,000 km on it. To be honest I was not expecting to enjoy this bike as much as I do. I have had about a dozen bikes, including a Suzuki GSX1250f, which for me was an absolute pocket rocket. All the bikes I have had managed to keep me interested for a while, but once the novelty wears off, I tend to start hunting around again. But after riding this bike around town and on the highways, I have to say, 'I love it'! It's got great torque down low, so I pull away from the lights very nicely, b ut lacks nothing, for me, at higher speeds. It cruises comfortably at highway speeds (110km), with little to no vibrations. Most reviews mention the need for a 6th gear, but I honestly don't understand why. It purrs along on 110km, and who needs much more than that? The bike came with a Mustang seat and sissy bar, which are very comfy, side saddle bags and Vance n Hine pipes, which sound gorgeous. The bike is the two-tone blue and grey, which never impressed me until I saw it in the flesh. She starts first time, every time; has easy to read instrument panel; is frugal on the gas and, although reasonably heavy, feels very light on the road, without sacrificing stability. The seat is low enough to have both feet firmly planted on the ground, and the ergonomics keep the rider in a go all day position. It just puts a bloody big, stupid grin on my face. It's the coolest things I've ever ridden. Was tossing up between the 800cc Boulevard and the Kwaka Vulcan 900. For me, it came down to the look and the price. I just didn't think I would fall in love with the thing. I honestly cannot imagine selling her, as I don't need to set land speed records and it's just, aesthetically, the most beautiful bike I have seen. I look forward to a long relationship with this baby, and will be back for a Boulevard C50 down the track if a trade in ever becomes necessary. Don't die wondering. Go get one and I dare you not to fall in love.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Port Macquarie NSW

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2015

What a comfortable ride. It's zippy enough to get out difficulty if required and gutsy enough for general riding.
I love it, but it's time for it to go to another owner. It's a 2008 model, limited edition, windscreen, fully imported from the US, never been dropped or in an accident. Under 6000 kms, almost new!

miami

• 5 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Good all around bike- Badly needs 6th gear

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2015

I have owned 2 of the C50 models (a 2007 and a 2012). Both great all around (more city) bikes. I have now purchased a Honda CTX700 (6 gears) and its a wonderful difference. The C50 is good at speeds under 50mph but higher speeds and the vibration translates to the footboards and frame of the bike making a less than desirable ride. (very buzzy)
The C50 is one of my favorite looking bikes but until Suzuki addresses the gearing problem (a taller 5th gear or adds a 6th gear) I will be looking elsewhere.. Ride Safe :-)

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Private message

Nice bike but heavy front end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2015

Bought my C50SE new in 2009, 14K KLM so far, Nice bike overall. I installed a Baron low profile air cleaner so I could use riding pegs. I find the bike has a heavy front end that shows up when turning corners. It is not as comfortable in turns as other bikes,(been riding 45 years). Overall nice bike. In Canada there is an insurance break for 800cc and under.

Great Cruiser,well done suzuki

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2015

2008 model,now have 69,000klms still runs like a dream,servicing myself oil&filter every 7,500 cannot fault this bike has given me great pleasure

Perth

Bloody Beautiful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 18, 2015

She has looks, style, solid handling and power. My girl is a 2008 beauty with the blue-silver paintwork that makes heads turn. Her cobra pipes produce an excellent note that gives road presence and commands respect. Hasn't missed a beat. Quality components mean no rust or flimsy bits. She's voluptuous, solid, and comes into her own on the highway, with plenty of power to overtake at speed. Love her!

• 9 comments
  • 10 helpful votes

Terrible engineering from suzuki

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2015

After buying my c50 new in 2007 and with only 23000km on clock.I was informed that my engine needed new cam chains and adjusters After seeking second opinion i was told this is a common problem.The heads need to come off just to fit adjusters. The whole execise was going to cost upwards of $3000 The trade in price is $1500 i assume the dealers no of this problem.

SYDNEY

• 3 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 30 answers
  • 24 helpful votes
Private message

Just bought my second One !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2014

Just bought my second C 50 .. all decked out to Cruise.. Footboards.. Batwing fairing Hard case panniers and Top Box.. Mustang seat and engine bars with Highway pegs.. Its all Good!!!

Glasshouse mountains Qld

A Gem!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

At 68 I am still enjoying the trills of a fast ride but also appreciate a little comfort,leaning back with my feet forward and my arms nicely streched....At 180cm,the bike fits me perfectly,nimble and yet heavy enough to withstand gusts of winds on the motorway. Frugal and easy to service, willing and allways ready to start on command (FI) she is the perfect Mistress!!

1 of 3 pages

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying a 2008 C50 In as new condition with 4700 kms on it. Question is, I took it for a short run and it had a vibration in it. Felt like I was riding a Harley. It has not been run for a long time, so wondering if it could be front tyre with very hard rubber due to sitting for so long. Or do they just do the Garleh thing. Cheers boys. Kerry

Kez asked on Nov 13, 2016

I am looking for after market rear suspension for my Suzuki C50 VL 800 2009 does anyone know of a Aussie firm that producers or imports good quality rear shocks.

Margaret asked on Oct 28, 2016

How hot should the rear drive hub get under normal highway use on the Suzuki C 50 VL800?

Margaret asked on Sep 24, 2016

Answer this

Sorry, Margaret, I have no idea.

It shouldn't get so hot that you can't touch it. If so you should check if the brake pad drags or the wheel bearings need replaced. See if the wheel rotates easily by hand (you will need a lift for this).

Thanks for that..I'll check it out

See all 21 questions about Suzuki Boulevard C50