Doesn't fit bath

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2016

This concept is a great idea.
Pity that it doesn't work.
Our bath is not that wide and by bath standards, it is the regular width of nearly all the baths for sale in most plumbing stores.
If the edges of the baby dam would actually seal to the curve of the bath where the base of the bath meets the wall of the bath, then it might have actually worked.
They need to make the bit that meets with the curve of the bath wall and floor a bit longer or wider to ensure that the seal is water tight.
Or just make the baby dam wider

Purchased at: Harvey Norman Big Buys

Useless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2016

We purchased it and it never worked!!! Fortunately, the seller accepted the return. Simply it doesn't work. We tried it with all care, even washing the bathtub with alcohol (!) to avoid any grease. We tried also in another bathtub... it was a totally waste of time! Absolutely not recommended!

not required

Terrible product

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2016

This product is terrible! Firstly, the suction caps don't stick properly and secondly, it can't hold up against much water. The dam collapses before you even fill to the 'max' line. I think it needs more suction cups (and better quality ones) in order to hold up properly. This product is useless, don't waste your money.

Purchased at: Harvey Norman

Ballarat

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 40 helpful votes

Great concept, crap design

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2016

This product is such a great concept for saving water, it's a real shame poor design lets it down. The suction cups are so cheap and flimsy, they just don't stick and hold the thing in place so when you fill the tub the dam lifts up at the bottom and lets the water escape. I'm constantly pushing it back down to try keep the water in.

Purchased at: Country Kids

Melbourne

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Crap

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 26, 2015

The baby dam is a terrible design! I had such hopes for it as it saves water! Completely useless! It collapses and doesn't stay down. there's a yellow blow up duck that is sold at target and is amazing, it saves water and it actually works. Don't even bother buying the baby dam

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Great Product!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2015

Bought this product to try to save water in my large bath. The instructions are easy to follow and after a couple of false starts BabyDam fitted perfectlly. I've read quite a few negative reviews but for me BabyDam is a brilliant idea and it DOES work but you've got to follow the instructions carefully.

+ Reliable, Space Saving, Eco-friendly

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Should be written on the box!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2015

Just called the company to ask why the product wouldn't work. Lady asked if my bath had a non slip surface in the form of bubbles, it does. That is why it doesn't work. Would have been helpful if this was noted on the packaging so I wouldn't have wasted my time!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

WASTE OF MONEY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2015

Don't waste $60 on this product that doesnt even stick and leaks water.. tried on 4 different bath tub and still doesnt work! Very disappointed

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

great product, saves water, easy to use

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2015

So I bought one of these 5 years ago for my first baby. I had a lot of trouble getting it to stick, the handles on the suction cups broke, basically fell apart. So with my new baby I wanted this product again, because lifting those baby baths is a ridiculous strain on your back, plus there's no room for it in our bathroom. I bought the new model and I've finally worked out how to use it. What do you do with suction cups to get them to stick: you wet them first! So now when I wet the cups first it sticks and works perfectly.

• 1 answer
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Fab product easy to set up!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2015

Despite the bad reviews I thought I'd buy one and give it a go. Brought from Baby bunting got straight home and tried it out, works piece of cake! Not sure why others are having so much trouble as I have a normal size bath but could use on a slightly wider bath too. Mine curves at the bottom like others mentioned but All I did was press down the seal at the bottom and it's good as gold. After 15 mins I've gone back to check if there is any water leaks and none at all. Just required 1 minute of setting it up, so easy!

BRISBANE

• 1 answer
  • 6 helpful votes

Limited design

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2014

The design of this thing really limits the bath shapes that is can be used in. The only warnings regarding the fitment of the device listed anywhere is that it won't fit in baths wider than 580mm or with "overly curved" bathtubs. I wouldn't describe my tub as "overly" curved - it's just a normal fibreglass one that is less than 580mm wide.

Sweet, should fit. It doesn't. Oh.

What the website, the box, and the included instructions all fail to mention is that the suction cups that are fairly critical to the dam wall holding in place have
a sort of shroud or skirt around them that is made of hard plastic and goes down to the bottom of the cups. The outside of these skirts are about 295mm apart. This means that if the base of your bath tub isn't dead-flat across the width of these cup skirts, the suction cups will not attach to the bath tub and the dam will collapse. In my case the base of my bath tub starts to curve up into the walls and is only completely flat about 285mm across. A difference of 10mm sounds trivial but due to the way the product is made, it is rendered completely useless. It is also worth noting that the skirts around these suction cups seem to serve no practical purpose.

The makers would go a long way to avoiding a lot of bad reviews if they made the dimensions of the baths that the product will fit absolutely clear on the outside of the box, on the website, and in the instructions. They don't, so they deserve all the bad publicity.

+ Nice idea

- Poorly executed design, poor instructions

What a let down!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2014

Was so let down after trying 4 times to get the BabyDam to work to no avail! Thought it was me not setting it up correctly. My husband tried on more than one occasion and just got worked up and frustrated. Never people to give up, especially after pay $60, we took to our neighbour to try in a different bath, but alas, still no luck!
Great idea, just a pitty it doesn't actually work!

1 of 3 pages