Filter By:

Insurance claim made

The only travel insurance company I trust

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Unfortunately my children were hospitalized whilst travelling overseas on holiday, but TID were absolutely fantastic in supporting me and my family towards a speedy recovery every single step of the way.
My case was complex as essentially the whole family contracted the illness only 5 days before we were scheduled to go home. A summary of my experience is as follows:-

1. They provided a call back service for their assistance line knowing I didn't have a lot of credit on my pre-paid mobile, this was in the hospital at 2am when there was no p
lace for me to recharge.
2. The support officer provided me guidance every step of the way including informing me what paperwork would be required by the hospital in advance
3. TID had a registered nurse that would call me every day to check up on my family to ensure we were well looked after and were recovering
4. We had to re-schedule our flights, again we were provided guidance on how to do this (we've never done it before)

Fast forward to our arrival in Australia, we had a massive medical bill and additional expenses which we needed to claim for. It took me about 45 minutes to fill out all the forms which was reasonable since we had a number of incidents, making sure I provided documents as requested. The quoted response times were 10 business days to have an officer assess my claim and being a bit cynical I thought TID would ask me for 100 extra documents and drag out the process. 5 business days in and the full claim was processed and the money in my bank account, and there was only one call by the claims officer to clarify two things. No additional paperwork apart from what I submitted through the form.

I can't thank TID enough for supporting me and my family throughout the ordeal. Highly recommended travel insurance company, and way better than the complimentary travel insurance offered through my various credit cards!

Found it very easy to fill out online, automatic response with a text back, first time used, and wil

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Great value compared to other companies, very happy and will use again sometime this year on our next trip. Thank you, and glad we have now found this Insurance Company.

Gold Coast

Private message

Verified Purchase

Easy to deal with and super easy to purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Always the best price and includes all the things we need for our trips! Not to mention all of the super handy tips and tricks and warm emails they send before and after the trips - an added bonus!

Haven't had to make a claim yet but there always eager to assist if you need to

Cruise Insurance

Great Product & Great Website
Purchased insurance for a short cruise competive priceing and easy to use website also useful app for your phone. Like the fact you have the policy on your phone, definitely use them again

Great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Policy value was the best from other policies and customers support was great and very helpful. Will travel overseas later this year so I will be using TID again, thank you

TID is fantastic. Will be using again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Have travelled twice and used TID both times. Really easy to take out online. Excellent value for money (and love that children are covered at no extra charge). Never had to make a claim. Will use again

Easy..Essential. .

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Ive used them for all my overseas travel(only 6 times). The cover is really quick and easy to setup , and gives good value for money. They also remind you to put in a claim, if needed.

Good value

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

No problem taking out this policy. Thankfully I didn't have to make a claim. I travel quite a lot and have always used another insurer. Travel insurance direct had a better premium so thought I would give them ago. Will use again.

No Hassles Travel Cover

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

Very simple to get a quote and lock in cover. I have used TID several times and even though I have been fortunate enough not to have to make a claim they always remind me when I return to make a claim if necessary.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Peter,
Appreciate you taking the time to share that feedback. Glad to hear your trips have all gone smoothly. Thanks for your loyalty and I hope you have fun planning your next holiday.
Ash, Customer Experience Manager
www.tid.com.au

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Go to travel insurance always

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Great value, set up in minutes, changed my policy as my flights dates were postphoned (no hassle), amazing customer support, made claim (easy to apply, reasonable cover, heaps fast).

Cannot love without!

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Yannie, Sorry to hear you had to claim, hope it didn't put too much of a dampener on your holiday. I'm however delighted to hear how happy you were with the claims process and service. Hope you... read more »

Simple and easy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Since I haven't made a claim I can't answer that question. It was easy to set up for someone like me who is not computer savvy. The price was right too.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Didias, I'm very pleased to hear you were happy with the ease of purchase and pricing. Glad to hear your trips have all gone smoothly without the need to claim, just know if you do ever need ass... read more »

Insurance claim made

No issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2017

TID was easy to purchase, good value (compared to others checked) and in fact we did have to make a claim and it was very straight-forward. I will use again and will recommend.

Comments
Travel Insurance Direct Official

Hi Kristy, Thanks for the review! Glad to hear you were happy with both the ease of purchase and value for money. If you haven't already, be sure to check out our app Tripwise. Its free to downloan... read more »

1 of 125 pages