Grafton

• 1 question
  • 4 helpful votes

poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2016

Really disappointed in this....we were meant to receive 250,000 points as part of taking a home loan with NAB and we are still waiting for these points after 10 months and numerous phone calls. A complete waste of time considering we will be slogged with the annual fee again soon!

high annual fees

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Received this as part of my home loan. However, NAB did fail to mention the $95 annual fee that came with it. After talking with reps to have the card linked to my existing Velocity membership with no luck and still not receiving the points that were part of the home loan deal, I am currently looking at canceling the card.
It would be good for an individual who would acquire enough points throughout the year to cover the annual fee, otherwise it would be beneficial to go elsewhere with a lower annual rate. The points also take a long time to accrue.

Geelong, VIC

• 9 comments
  • 38 helpful votes

$95 for what ???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2015

I am a little perplexed at this card. I have had it for a few years and have enjoyed the benefits from it. However this year the yearly membership fee has increased from $65 to $95 with no increase in service or program benefits.

Not only have the yearly fees increased 68% but there is also now an additional surcharge when using Paypal (Aust).

Bell, NSW, NSW

• 3 answers
  • 32 helpful votes

Credit Card Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 02, 2014

It's a good card for earning Velocity points on. A way to make it more value for money would be to spend so many thousand dollars a year and get the annual fee waved. I got the card when there was a promotion for 10k bonus points which will help out the balance a bit. 2 cards however the shops I go to AMEX acceptance is quite high (85% or so of the time). I am very happy with this card, would recommend it.

+ Bonus points for sigining up

Jumping through hoops

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2013

I've spent the last three weeks trying to get one of these NAB Velocity cards but they keep putting-up so many road-blocks! I'm not sure why - I have no mortgage, no loans and I'm a director of an Australian company? So I've decided to stay with my Westpac Velocity Card that I've had for 11 years and upgrade it to "Black" instead, it's just easier.

+ Velocity

- Too many hoops to jump through to get one

• 222 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2009

not a bad system. you get both a visa and an amex card and they link to the one statement. points earnt are part of the virgin velocity program. annual fee is quite high - probably due to getting two cards with one account. service from nab was excellent when i had a problem. card has a reduced interest program for balance transfers - a good way to reduce the interest you are paying on an exsiting cc debt

+ comes with both a amex card and a visa card. part of the virgin velocity points program

- amex not accepted many places. high annual fee. takes ages to earn rewards

• 1 comment
  • 30 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2009

We got this card as it was part of our package when we got our home loan through the NAB but I am considering returning to our CBA mastercard as the rewards have a much better return. If you do earn enough with the NAB credit card, there are some really good rewards to chose from.

+ The NAB are pretty easy to deal with and I love having a pin number for my card.

- It takes ages to accrue enough points to get anything decent. We put about $2500 onto our card each month and have only just earned a $100 card for Coles. Not one of the better cards as far as getting a return for your points goes.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2008

Earning Velocity points is the major attraction of having this credit card, as you can spend your points on a lot of stuff, not just Virgin Blue flights.
I am already with NAB, so paying off my debts is easy and quick.
I enjoy using this card, until I have to pay the annual fee, when I probably will cancel it.

+ The ability to earn points to spend on flights. I joined when they had a special 10,000 points reward and enjoy watching my points accumulate.

- High interest rates when paying late, the annual fee and being charged for you spend over your limit.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 28 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2008

I have had my Velocity card for over a year now and have enjoyed the use of it. When I applied it came with a bonus 15000 points which I used to travel to Melbourne and Adelaide. I have found now though, I am only earning about 80 points per month. NAB service is quite good I have never had a problem with this bank.

+ Earn Velocity Points

- Not earning many points

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 53 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2008

Was easy to sign up on the internet and to cancel the card all i had to do was go into the local branch. It gave a good boost to my velocity points, i was flying a bit at the time so i would book flights with the card and that way i was getting points for paying with the card and points for flying virgin!

+ No annual fee for 1st 12 months so I signed up, used it for 12 months collected velocity points then cancelled it before paying a fee and went to a card with a better rewards program.

- Takes a while to accumulate points but so do most of them!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 3 helpful votes

Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2007

Overall this is a good credit card, but if you are getting it for the reward points for virgin blue don't bother. The card gets you all the points when you spend, but when you go to book your flights you end up paying a fortune in taxes and quite frankly I believe the whole card, points, rewards thing is a waste of time and a bit of a scam. Good credit card, Bad partnership with Virgin Blue.

+ Reward Points

- Annual Fee. You may as well save it, ditch the card and put it towards paying full price for a flight.

• 7 helpful votes

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2007

I'll be upfront, the only reason I got this card was for the Velocity Reward program which is a good one. Points are easily earned and can be redeemed for flights or products and services. Unfortunately that's about all I can say about it.
Whenever there is a problem on my statement I have to deal with NAB and their service isn't the best - on hold for long periods then get given conflicting information from different consultants. If it wasn't for the Reward program I'd rate this card a two.

+ Velocity points earned