Do not take a 24 month contract

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

So disappointed. I'm paying $90+ pcm my emails are slow and won't open. I keep getting over charged by vodafone and i am still waiting six months later to get my money back. Shop manager misinformed me when selling the samsung promoting its features inaccurately and now I'm stuck with a phone which has had problem after problem. I have been a vodafone customer for 6 + years. I've never complained. Now i have a real problem and they don't want to know. I have spent hours trying to follow this up and unfortunately vodafone have defeated my soul. I have no more polite fight left in me. It's $1000 + to get out of it. Once my q8 months are up i am finished with Vodafone. They disgust me.

Misleading Payments

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

I've been with Vodaphone since December 2016 and on the same date every month there is money in my account to pay the bill but not once it has been taken out on the correct date, causing me to be "overdue" on my payments and it costing me more in the long run. For some it would be no problem but I'm only 18 years of age and money isn't exactly something i can waste on vodaphones poor communication. I'm VERY disgruntled with my contract with vodaphone.

Worst Telecommunication provider in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2017

Gers worse and worse in manly , sydney

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2017

For the last 4 months the internet in manly provided by Vodafone ranges from very bad to moderate. Last year was good but after I updated my contract the service is very disappointing. I have called the custorem service 5 times and after every call it was ok for 24 hr. Weekends when you need the internet the most are the worse. 4 months ago I was informed that there are some technical issues but come on!!!! What a excuse!!!

Not recommending. I am on contract 12 months. Mobile 12 GB a month. You do not need this much cause the internet speed is so slow you never use it.

New Website

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

The new website has made it nearly impossible to down load your bill. This is pathetic!
Searching the help system for the way to do this, finally led to a pop-up window asking if I needed an online chat to help. I said yes, then was asked to type in all my details again (I was logged into my account). Then was told the online chat was closed!

Beware of exit fees

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

Just finished our 2 year plan.
Now informed will be charged a 50% plus $5 of monthly charge to exit the plan,
even though the 2 years are finished.
Only carrier I know who does this extra charge.

Terrible customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

No customer loyalty or competitiveness

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Vodaphone as a company do not provide customer loyalty, no matter what length of time you have been a loyal customer or how many phones you have with them. They are no longer competitive with other providers providing much better data and phone deals, which they are unwilling to match. Keep this up Vodaphone, and everyone will be changing providers. Even your staff can not explain why you can not match your competitors rates. Think, research and compare before re-signing your plan. It's a shame you took over 3 which were a great company and so helpful.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Purchase

Very bad. Misleading contracts!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

I am with Vodaphone on plan, first it is so much more expensive always adding extra amounts !!! The only reason I took Vodafone was I was told by a customer service person that I have a option not to pay for usuage that is $70 per month as I knew I will be travelling overseas. But now that I want that they say no I cannot do that. I can only extend my plan and pay for it after my plan ends plus I have to pay extra service charge!!! And when I said I was told about 3 month he says "you should ask if there is service charge and everything else" I mean isn't it your responsibility to let the customer about it??? Veryyyy disappointed!!! Vodafone is a Money sucker!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Poor reception, poor customer service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

1 of 87 pages

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.

Why when I am trying to pay my overdue bill you still threaten to block my incoming calls and continue to charge for services that you won't let me use? Until now I thought Vodafone was the best.

Bribie asked on Dec 19, 2015

Answer this

This answer is simple. Pay your account before it becomes overdue. Or call to set up a payment arrangement. Simple

get staff that can do there jobs. in the 20 years iv been with mobile carriers vodefone has the worst service iv ever had iv told all my friends about the lousy service to go els where as the numbers are changed the mines of my whole bowling team they told their friends and so one. 100 == 1000 1000= 10,000 =100,000 = 1,000,000 customers?
do as telstra did fix it first the first time, better customer service, ask the customer what we can do to fix the problem not wait months, to finaly get where you are now that should of been done in the first place. if is not fixed first then customers will go els where?. i will never ever use vodafone ever again i thought they were good but they have not pleased me in there service, products, very sloppy service, no customer service, products never work properly, will never use a other mobil phone ever again since the experience iv got from vodafone?.

Im sure vodafone are glad that you went to Telstra, you can pay $50 more for 50% less, Its customers like you who want want want want...... give me give me give me..... Im loyal Im loyal Im loyal..... im special im special im special give me credits!!!

have fun with your new provider