Beware"

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

I have been a loyal Vodafone business customer for the past 13 and a half years and I have finally had enough. Vodafone isn't loyal to their loyal customers and I find that new or potential new customers are offered better deals than customers such as myself that have been delicately loyal for almost 1 and a half decades. Over a year ago I renewed my expired contract over the phone with a sales rep that contacted me and now over 14 months on and my mobile phone bill has still yet to reflect the changes my renewed contracts include. Such as my d ata amount and cost of the monthly account costs still reflect my old plans and while my updated plans offer a larger data usage amount I am being charged ridiculously obscene amounts for using data in excess of 1Gb. My last monthly bill saw me being charged over $1000 for data usage alone as I used over 1Gb and although I am supposed to have 15Gb of data anything over 1Gb results in these obscene charges. I have contacted Vodafone numerous time over the phone via their customer call centre as well as in store at an outlet and each time I either get transferred around and around to different departments that just want to pass me on to someone else so I'm not their problem anymore or I hear the line "we'll have someone look into this and get back to you when we know more" only to wait and wait for a call back that never comes. I have finally had enough and I have decided I will no longer give my loyalty to a company that neither values my loyalty or keeps their promises to deliver what has been sold. I have finally had it and have concluded to show my displeasure by moving on to a different, and hopefully, more loyal company. While that is a hard task to find a telecommunications company that is loyal to their loyal customers I find myself considering going with an outside company such as Amaysim or similar, a business that isn't one of the big 3, Optus, Telstra, Vodafone. I think it's time I give my business to a business that deserves a go as businesses like Vodafone are only in the business of making a profit at the expense of loyal customers. As for coverage, Vodafone is a lot better than it used to be several years ago although I do find that at times even in a central area such as the CBD my coverage sometimes drops out and disconnects mid-call, while is fewer than in previous years still does occasionally occur. As for value for money, the monthly fees are similar to what many other companies charges the only thing that is different for each telecommunications impact is the quality and level of customer service and how loyal they are to their own loyal customers. Some companies respond to loyal customers by rewarding them a data bonus for a month or two if they have been with them for say, a decade, or reward loyal customers in a similar way but sadly to say I am one of those loyal customers who have received nothing but my own wasted time and effort in return for my loyalty. I am neither satisfied with the customer service or support or how I have been treated by Vodafone in regards to resolving a billing error that has been unresolved for over a whole year now. I would not recommend Vodafone if you are looking to open a business account. Anyone but Vodafone. I am considering Virgin, but regardless I would never use Vodafone services again in the future.

Money suckers

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

They just put extra charges on your contract without your consent. Absolute money suckers with very poor customer service. Please avoid vodafone.

don't make contract with Vodafone

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

When u need their after sale, u just notice that they dont care about ur satisfaction,but their pocket. Never make a contract with Vodafone.

Major issues

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2017

Been with Vodafone for more than 10 years along with members of my family. Something has gone terribly wrong with this company. Txt msgs sometimes don't go through or take hours to deliver they are constantly adding on extra data at a rate we are not using data?? How is this happening it's gone up 300% ?? Our bills have tripled but our usage is the same, they are sucking our finances & we seemingly can't stop this THEFT be careful & watch the add ons if you are complacent they will do what they think they can get away with to bump up their profit. It's disgraceful but apparently the average Jo blo has no say. maybe the competition has become too fierce it's a blatant rip off!!

Don't make the mistake of going with this company

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

I have nothing but hell since joining vodafone there coverage is really bad in Salisbury East on norwich Road one day they may make a change to their bad coverage here but at the point in time I cannot recommend them they are making me pay $98 for a service which doesn't work properly.

Townsville

• 3 answers
Private message

Used to be great. Now baaad.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2017

Used to have the best, actually only really decent tech support in the country.
Staff were lovely.
Coverage now dreadful in Townsville.
Drops out all the time.
They ALWAYS say it will be improved in a few months.
Worn that one too thin!
Staff now quite combative as if making up karmically for all the abuse they used to cope!

Sydney

• 1 question
  • 5 answers
Private message

Very Poor Rude Customer Services

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Due an upgrade, but was told they couldn't price match with Virgin, so not staying with them although I've had 4 contracts over a 6 year period - my son's phone went in for repair, it was only 8 months old, they couldn't repair it so gave us a refurbished Samsung S 7 - they refused to put a screen protector on it, and told me to prove it had one on before it was sent for repair - basically called me a liar - Oh and they blocked me from leaving feedback on their facebook page to make themselves look better. I will not be renewing either contracts through Vodafone as their customer services are totally disgusting.

Vodafone smart mobile phones

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

The service provider is OK but the phones they make are absolute junk. I'd like to know how they pass a quality control test. The SLOWEST and worst phone I have everbowned by a long shot. Don't buy one or you will regret it.

MetCentre Vodaphone total rip off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2017

Met Centre charged me $65 for an iphone charger chord and outlet. I found out later that apple sell the same thing for $15. The service was terrible and they had no product information at all. I needed a charge quickly and unfortunately this was the closest store.
Terrible

Worst network provider in Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Worst network provider i have ever dealt with. Their employees from all departments especially the retention team are the rudest, unprofessional ever. They have no idea about the company policy they're working for and still argue. I would highly discourage getting a plan with this company.

Verified Purchase

I am not being heard and am left with no mobile phone as a consequence

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Despite friendly staff in the Grand central store Toowoomba, I have now effectively been without a viable phone since I purchased a Sony Xperia phone on 8th February. I explained I needed a reliable phone as a woman travelling alone extensively overseas. The battery would not remain charged even over a normal nighttime. The store was good in that they acknowledged the faulty battery and that it was not fit for purpose by replacing it up to three times with another Xperia. In the interim while waiting for replacements I would be without a mobile - about a week each time. I clearly indicated on the second and definitely by the third that I no longer wanted a Sony Xperia as it clearly was not fit for my purpose. I could not have a phone that would have a flat battery in less than a day of travelling. I requested that I be able to instead have a replacement of another in-store brand and pay any difference. Instead all the store will do is continue to offer me a Sony Xperia 4th one now, when I have clearly stated it is not fit for my purpose, I do not want it and I want a simple replacement with another brand. No one out of pocket it is now 2 months and on going. I think I will be a woman travelling alone with no phone. I am not heard and the legal obligations for consumers is not being observed here. In tears...

1 of 85 pages

I have a plan that gives me $7 discount a month which then gives me a monthly bill for $23. This plan was suitable for me. It is a sim only plan and you have to lock in for 24 months. Now after 16 months Voda fone has changed their conditions saying that I changed my plan and therefore loose credit of $5 month which means I am now paying $28 a month. Rang vodafone only to be told that I changed plans so no longer get the full discount of $7. After much bantering back and forth, I tried to explain that it was impossible to change my plan cos it was locked in for 24 months but it was totally hopeless trying to speak with their customer service as they don't speak clear English. My question is this. Has anybody else been caught out short by vodfone renegging on their deals?????????????

Sharon Mundie asked on Nov 16, 2016

Answer this

yep they did this to me when i had to change my contract from 3 to vodafone when they fully took over the service. I wanted (being a long term customer) a similar deal i had or at least some discounts or i would take my business elsewhere. They offered me a $35 contract which had a few discounts that took it down to $18 i think. One of the discounts was temporary, the other was supposed to be permanent. A year later i suddenly noticed i was being charged $35. after calling they denied i had any such discount, and since i couldn't find the paperwork my arguements had no evidence and so i had to suck it up. I later cancelled my contract when i realised how bad my deal was (along with the poor coverage).

Yup. We had this as well. A discount was offered but not applied and then was finally applied after TIO involvement to only be removed again after they had to change the plan again to move it to what it was meant to be (a shared one instead of not shared) meaning it took it going to the TIO again and after still having issues with coverage (in the middle of Adelaide) we finally gave up and told the TIO agent that we were done.

Back again with new issue. I am not going to be held hostage to Vodafone so I have taken an early termination with 5 months to go. It is a loss to me financially however I intend to make Vodafone beg for their payments and see how they feel being treated with contempt

Why is there no comunication within Vodafone, service and accounts?

albert asked on Aug 04, 2016

Answer this

Because they are trying to cut costs to save money and until more people like me and you complain about our issues that will get away with it. Vodafone is the worst. Big regret.

What's going on I'm getting no coverage for an hour now?

Jesse asked on Apr 25, 2016