Filter By:

Adelaide

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Insurance claim made

Banned by YOUI after 1 not at fault accident! Appealed with facts just gets ignored!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2016

In May 2016 my car was hit by a 19-year-old driver from behind at the lights and then it hit the car in front. The accident was immediately deemed not at fault. My car was a write off. This is my 1st ever claim with YOUI and my 1st claim in 20 years of driving.

When I called YOUI to request a quote for my new car and found out that YOUI will no longer offer me insurance, but they can't tell me why.

After an appeal I found out it was because there was another accident on the policy in August 2015. One which my wife was involved in where t
he driver in the parked car park behind her accidentally put their car in forward, instead of reverse. The claim was her 1st with YOUI with no claim or accident in the last 10 years. The claim was deemed not at fault.

I wasn't even involved in that accident. But YOUI have confirmed that they have considered the insurance history of the policy and evaluated that I am too high risk.

It was very difficult to get a straight answer from YOUI about who was actually banned from the policy the policy was listed against my wife's name, but I was a listed driver.

After one not at fault accident each, they are banning BOTH myself and my wife and counting each other's accident against the other driver.

I appealed to YOUI stating some strong facts in my appeal like I wasn't even present in the other accident. But these facts are just getting ignored. The YOUI reviewer doesn't seem to care what I have to say and keeps stating I have been banned based on the policy history. When the person doesn't even read the facts that you have to say it's not even an appeal process.

YOUI have since confirmed in writing that both accidents count against me. Even the one I wasn't present at.
Meaning, if you're listed on the policy, you're at fault and banned as a group! Regardless of whether you were present or not!

So we have both been in ONE NOT AT FAULT accident each and are now banned by YOUI.

I don't mind if YOUI doesn't want to offer me insurance, but they have now blacklisted me and defamed my reputation against all insurers without any care or consideration of your reputation. Another company has rejected my insurance as I have to tell them I have been refused insurance by YOUI.

This has been absolutely nightmare experience and I can't believe an insurance company in Australia that heavily advertises how much they listen on TV can behave like this.

Very, very UPSET and UNFAIRLY TREATED YOUI customer of several years.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I understand it wasn’t the decision you were expecting Tom, & it would have come as a shock. Every company will have different guidelines they adhere to & sadly your case sounds like it was outside... read more »

Sydney, Australia

• 2 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Best service and price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2016

I was with NRMA since more than four years than I transfer my car insurance with YOUI.In starting I was bit worried about service but I joined only because of saving half of the money compared to NRMA.I had accident at not my fault. Only one call all things has been taken care by customers service.I was very happy.Yesterday I got my car down and called YOUI road side assistance ,just arrived in 10 minutes and fix my car.I am really impressed.Great company awesome service and savings $$$$.

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Ajay thanks so much for your compliment. I'm stoked we could come to the party & assist you efficiently. Cheers Koppo

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Can I have the 35 mins of my life back ?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2016

Just spent 35 mins of my life on the phone with a YOUI skilled represenative (after filling in their online forms)
to get a quote on a new house and contents insurance they asked all the same questions that I filled in on NRMA online forms (in 10 mins) and came back with a quote $800.00 more expensive, YOUI get with the programme and stop wasting prospective customers time if your produsts don't stack up, maybe some competitor comparison research would be worthwhile.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

As you’ve experienced, Products & Pricing will vary from one Insurer to the next, so shopping around is a great way to do your research & make sure you’re getting the cover you need for a price tha... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Will never go back to YOUI

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2016

YOUI are not what they make themselves to be. Poor service and expensive prices. Great at marketing poor at performing

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

I'm sorry to hear this Bob & I want to look into this further for you. Do you have a policy or claim number for me so I can do so? Cheers, Natasha

Youi Official

If you want to get in contact with us in the future Bob, always happy to help. Cheers, Natasha

Canberra

Private message

Why can't I give 0 stars Product Review?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2016

Yesterday I've received a quote form AAMI for about $830 for the same amount of cover, whilst Youi quoted $2900. This is an easy choice for me, but it seems I'm not an odd case either; my mother's quote from Youi was over double that of her current insurer. She has never made a driving offense or a claim. So Youi must be operating with much higher overheads or they are just really good...

Either way, I'm glad it brought me to this site - I'm going to politely steer away from these guys.

I'm always a little suspicious of companies where the majority of their reviews are either 5 stars or 1 star.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

While we save many every day, we can’t guarantee this for all as every company will rate risk differently & charge different amounts for it. I’m sorry we weren’t competitive for you both, still I a... read more »

brisbane

• 8 helpful votes

disgusting service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2016

car insurance price way too high.Getting back to my concerns sluggish. support non existent. I certainly WILL NOT recommend this company to others. .

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

This isn’t the vibe we’re going for Ragw. I’d really love to have a little more insight into your experience. If you’d please email me a little more info @ laurenj@youi.email I’ll look into this asap. Thanks, Lauren

Hey Ragw,
Haven’t heard back as yet. I’m here to help & follow up on your issue so that we get it right for all our customers. You’ve got my details & I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Lauren

I'm impressed

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2016

My house got robbed last week...Jess from youi was there all the way, just over a week later the claim has all been settled and that was with me being lazy with getting information to her. I also locked my key in my car yesterday and called youi assist who sent out roadside assistance straight away....only took him 10minutes to get to me. I am very impressed with the friendly customer service I've recieved from this company...we now have 5 policy's with youi and get excellent multi policy discounts.

Comments
Youi Official

Jeepers! Sorry to hear about the robbery Rose. I’m so happy Jess has worked her magic & sorted this promptly for you & our super speedy roadside team has flown in to save the day! We’re thrilled to have you with us!

• 1 review
  • 10 helpful votes

Insurance claim made

Youi keeps withdrawing from my account after cancellation.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

Totally dissatisfied. They renewed without notification, and withdrew the increased amount off my account twice! After chasing them for two weeks, they have repaid less 55$... and then withdrew another $100 two weeks after cancellation.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Nader I’m sorry this is the case & this sounds strange that payments are continuing on. Can you please email your policy number & info to me on koppok@youi.email & I’ll follow up this up for you, cheers. Koppo.

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 13 helpful votes

Absolutely awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

Absolutely Rubbish! We should have left Youi a long time ago when you first gave us bad customer service.

We joined Youi in July 2014, and our insurance for our car was $1470 per year. Let me just advise that both drivers had a no claims history and have never once claimed with Youi. For the 2015 renewal you put our premium up again, we let this slide but we were very unhappy but we managed to get somewhat of a discount. In February 2016 our premium went up again because we moved out. And then when our renewal came around in July 2016, our p
remium went up again - this time to $2166! Both drivers are now 30 and have never claimed, EVER! The car is hardly driven, it has done under 10,000kms in two years!

So in the space of two years, our car insurance has gone up by nearly $700, we have never once claimed, the car is insured for market value, so the cars value is going down yearly. I rung them and they had no explanation, except for their underwriters doing the quotes, the area risk and also car parts. Absolutely shocking, $700 in two years, for what?!

I rung them for an explanation but am told I rung out of hours, but they don't provide their hours to ring back? Such bad customer service!

We will be moving to NRMA, their customer service is open more and they're prices are much better and include more.

YOUI you are an absolutely joke! Disgusting insurance.

9 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hey Renee, A combo of many factors can change cost. Car depreciation doesn’t make as much difference as you may think, as the % of cars we repair far outweigh the write offs. The system will rerat... read more »

Hi Lauren, OA12757133 When we moved house in February, our premium went up only by $9 or so a month. this was fine. Now, four months later, you want to take another $31 per month, total of... read more »

Youi Official

Hi Renee, I called today to chat about your concerns but I completely understand if I've missed the boat. I'm here to help so if you change your mind & wanted to discuss the matter further, please let me know. Cheers, Ian.

• 8 helpful votes

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2016

I was looking for home and contents insurance. I tryed the online quote and as soon as i typed in the area code for where I live the system said i was too high risk. So much for the "whatever, wherever" slogan

8 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi there, I’m so sorry you’re disappointed. I’d like to look into this for you, so I can have a better understanding of why this has popped up. Also, I’m unfamiliar with the slogan you’re referring... read more »

Youi Official

Haven’t heard back as yet, still keen to help out. You’ve got my contact details & I hope to hear from you soon. Cheers, Lauren

Your silly if you ain't with Youi!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

Best value policy and mine includes road side assistance. Staff go above and beyond to get you the lowest price. Personalised Insurance to your individual circumstances.
I can't recommend Youi highly enough. Love you long time!

Comments
Youi Official

Am loving this rad review Liam! Wonderful to know we’re ticking all your boxes! Cheers :)

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Not practicing what they advertise

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2016

I rang Youi for a quote because they constantly advertise that they don't stop asking questions like other insurance companies do. How wrong are they; I was given a quote which was over $100 more than my existing insurer and was asked the same or less questions. I indicated they were dearer and I no longer drove very much and still no further questioning but the quote came down to approx $100 more.
I was annoyed that they did not do what their advertisements claimed they do and immediately decided to stick with my long time insurer. I won't be calling them again.

10 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Thanks for taking the time to review Wenno, It’s disappointing we didn’t get the result you were after & I appreciate you’ve given us a shot. I’d like to look into this, if you’d please provide a ... read more »

Hi Wenno,
I haven’t heard back yet. I’d love to learn more about your experience so we can work to get it right for our members. I value your time & comments, will leave the ball in your court to contact when ready, laurenj@youi.email Lauren.

I am sorry, I did not keep the information. I lost interest as soon as the gentleman did not follow through as Youi advertises. On another note, some of my family members have insurances through Y... read more »

1 of 70 pages

Why does Youi keep calling us time and time again long after we TOLD Youi we were not interested in taking out their insurance ?. We have had calls as late as 11pm at night and as early as 6.45am. This is NOT ACCEPTABLE ! Go away !

Review The Reviewer asked on Jun 15, 2016

Answer this

Absolutely unacceptable & certainly not a behaviour we condone. The times you’ve mentioned are outside our calling hours, so I’m keen to understand where the calls are actually coming from. On your original review, you’d declined my offer to assist & get to the bottom of your issues. I would really like to learn more about what’s happened. Please email me @ laurenj@youi.email any information that might help me match your details, so that I can remove these from the system. (quote no, full name, etc.) Alternatively, you can call my direct line, 07)3852 7868 (8am-4.30pm AEST). Thanks, Lauren

Haven't had any contact back as yet, I'm keen to have your issues resolved/addressed. You have all my info, will leave it with you to contact me when you're ready. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks, Lauren

Now you are PRESSURING me with 2 emails within a few hours !.
I don't live on product review as you might think.
It appears to me that PRESSURE is indemic in Youi judged by your own response and follow ups.
I have decided to contact Fair Trading to have the matter addressed and should your rep contact me again, I will tell him to F$$k Off.

for comprehensive polices does YOUI cover fuel contamination?

bignev asked on Jun 07, 2016

Answer this

Fuel Contamination is not an insured event, however, if it is the direct result of an insured event, it may be covered. It’s really difficult to deal with hypotheticals as each claim is based on its own merits, we have process & procedures in place to assess & validate claims.

Do Youi charge extra to pay per month?

Jimbles asked on May 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jimbles! You will pay a little more when paying monthly so there’s even more savings to be made if you can manage annual. We’d love to give you a quote to compare, feel free to send me a direct message with your best contact number or call 13YOUI (139684) & select ‘1’ for new quotes. Thanks, Jen

Thank you for your reply but that is not a pay method I'm interested in. Regards -Jimbles

See all 58 questions about Youi Car Insurance