Filter By:

Switching to a new car

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Very informative and easy to set up, price was great for my new car. Customer support was really good and informative about the Youi dollar app and suggestions of places nearby to use them at.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Long Patient Chat

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

Changed all my car policies and home and content to Youi yesterday, spoke to Norm who was great, took a long time and he was very informative and patient. Only hope our prices don"t increase too much like my last insurance did when due for renewal.

• 1 helpful vote

Business insurance

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

The policy is great value compared to CGU .
I'm able to afford and start trading in few day's. The price is reasonable for small business will recommend in future.

Insurance claim made

Saved me loads of money!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Switching to Youi saved me $800 per year. I've already made a claim which was approved immediately and completed within a week. Amazing service and the staff always make me laugh

Melbourne

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Policy number :
OA20439946
Just found youi increased my premium from around 1800 AUD to around 2600 per year for a car valued 8000 AUD.no single claim in the last year

Really very bad service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

YOUI car insurance review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

All good so far. I am a long term GIO customer and they just arent cutting the best prices any more. Youi had a better price with similar and I think slightly better in some area's offering ( like road side service which I had to pay more for ). I havent claimed yet and I havent seen a renewal notice but so far so good.

Fantastic Work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Policy was at amazing value, even though it is priced slightly higher for myself, the return in rewards is a fantastic system. Makes the product more desirable. It was easy to set up and the support was extremely helpful.

Insurance claim made

After an initial hiccup, I decide to stay with Youi. I am glad that i did!!!!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 24, 2017

Policy compares favourable with other providers.
Policy extremely easy to set up.
Customer support has been excellent, in particular the staff that I have spoken to have been friendly, knowledgeable and most importantly willing to listen and then answer my queries.

Great company to deal with, No fuss..

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

The policies that i selected had all the inclusions of the others but at a very competitive price. Staff are fantastic to deal with. It was extremely easy to start a new policy. Thanks Youi

Well how lovely was Kerrod and how efficient and easy was our car insurance.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

We were very happy with the policy and the fact that we got road side assistance with it without having to pay for that separately was brilliant. Kerrod was just so friendly and explained the policy so there was no confusion. It felt like I had known him for years, what a lovely phone call I thought later on and to an insurance company, who'd imagine. Def will be calling Kerrod when I purchase my next car, property and home and contents insurance. This young man should be commended. THANK YOU KERROD!!!

cancellation turn around

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I called to cancel my insurance due to dissatisfaction with previous telephone interaction with your consultant Rabi. The new consultant completely turned the situation around. I ended up taking out another policy. You nearly lost me with previous service, however you listened this time. You price matched and you ensured a successful conclusion.

very easy and covers everything

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2017

I was really happy with how easy Matt made the whole setting up process to start the policy and the cover I get from it seems to cover everything , excellent youi, cheers Susie

1 of 211 pages

Could you tell me if Youi roadside assist is Australia-wide?

Lexie asked on Feb 13, 2017

Answer this

I can tell you this. If you breakdown 2 hours north or South of Sydney, be prepared to wait up to 4 hours and if you breakdown 30 minutes outside Brisbane, forget it. We ended up joining NRMA for NSW and RACQ for QLD as Youi road service is HOPELESS. Besides, Youi only gives you 2 callouts then its $150 each time thereafter. EPIC FAILURE YOUI !.

Great question Lexie, our roadside assist is available throughout Australia mainland, Tasmania & Philip Island that is accessible by a two-wheel drive recovery vehicle. We aim to get someone out within a 60minutes time frame depending on availability. If ever in need give us a bell on 131117, cheers Robyn.

Hi, My name is Joanne Karacan DOB 04/02/1963 of 5/37 Queen street, Auburn 2144. I have noticed a withdrawal from my credit card for Youi, can you please advise me what this is for? Thanking you

Joanne asked on Jan 23, 2017

Answer this

Since Youi cares very little for answering enquiries, lord knows, they have had enough questions to answer in the last two courts cases where they were fined $500,000 and a possible new court case coming up with ASIC, so, can I suggest you call Youi and try and sort it out and if that doesn't work, call the Financial Services Ombudsman on
1800 367 287.
Youi gets you alright, by the short and curlies !.

Thanks for getting in touch Joanne. I can confirm that it was the renewal of a car policy that triggered that transaction. By the sounds of it, this may have been unexpected & I apologise for any inconvenience. We’d also sent your renewal documents late last year advising of the automatic renewal process, including dates & amounts, did you receive these documents? I called the number we have on file to see if this cover was still required & assist with providing you a refund if the cover was no longer required. I’ve left a message & will send an SMS with my details also. Alternatively, you can email me at iana@youi.email with a different phone number & I’ll call again. Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers, Ian.

Youi are liars and auto renew all policies behind any customers back so that they can get the money and run.

Youi always apologise but then nothing is done.

Good luck in getting your money back !

I use public transport to go to work and only use my car on the weekend. If I've chosen "leave car home" option from YOUI, what will happen if I have to drive my car to work one day and happen to have an accident? Is this situation not covered because I have chosen "leave car at home"?

Kat Lee asked on Jan 22, 2017

Answer this

All I can say is, ring GIO or AAMI if you want really good insurance at a fair price or Woolworths for bucket shop insurance. If your are on a Centrelink or any other benefit, call Essentials By AAI on 1800429598

Thanks for the question Kat. We get that sometimes, something out of the ordinary happens so all we ask is that you answer the quote questions honestly about your normal usage etc. We’re here to pay claims, that’s what we do! :) Thanks, Jen

See all 78 questions about Youi Car Insurance