Filter By:

Mislead

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2016

Made a claim for windscreen replacement, and was told not covered and excess was $750. Checked price of replacement to find only $300. Made call to Youi, and was told that I agreed to the excess. Was not impressed with this as I do not recall agreeing with this excess, as always been told the windscreen is a separate issue to the rest of comprehensive. Not that I have ever understood that as comprehensive means a complete cover to me. However regardless to back and forth phone calls, Youi finally came through and paid, with me paying an excess of $50, better, but not right.

Expensive. Waste of time

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2016

Spent 51 minutes on the phone to find out the price was $1200 more than quoted by a 3 min online quote with another insurer. Absurd. They prey on people who don't do their homework. Don't waste your time.

Send a message

youi literally lie about its promises

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2016

I have in the past ask for 2 quotes from youi and each time they have quoted me higher.
My car is a 2.0 litre Subaru Impreza and honestly to be charged over 1600 for insurance both times and the car is 5 years old for fully comprehensive compared to other insurers is a laugh.
Youi blatantly lie on its ads it could save you heaps. They are good at wanting your service but lose out in The final price.
Don't be sucked in by the ads they do regularly on tv. It's the hidden questions in the policy quote that makes or breaks you wallet.
Recommend it to nobody ever.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Best customer service ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2016

I found youi's customer support above and beyond helpful, informative and friendly! They are very understanding and try to tailor your insurance specifically to your needs

Send a message

Exactly like all the others- overpriced and misleading

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

Have had the same experience as many other people on here. Rediculously overpriced and misleading. When you try and get a quote which you can easily get online from every other insurance company, they phone you and waste 20-30 min of your time.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Hi Tron, I’m sorry you feel this way, in a crowded insurance market we like to have a point of difference & speak to people on the phone & tailor a policy to their needs. I get it’s not for you, still thanks for you giving us a go, cheers. Koppo

Traralgon

Just Signed On!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2016

Great customer service! Thanks Damian! Very competitive prices for my son who is 17. Other companies had hidden costs and higher premiums. Youi worked out to be the most affordable cover with extras included like roadside assist.

Comments
Youi Official

We’re so glad to have you on board Kellie! Welcome to the Family! Cheers, Natasha

• 1 review
  • 5 helpful votes

Deceptive, overpriced!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2016

I'm in shock! I just went on to Youi's website to get an ONLINE quote, only to be tricked into giving my phone number in order to recieve an SMS code, then for them to call me after I clicked submit. After 20 minutes on the phone I am honestly baffled at the price and the rigmoural I had to go through to get a simple quote. In short, I am over 25, have never made a claim and catch the train to work everyday - they wanted to charge me in the high $900 (can't remember exact price) for a yearly premium for a car worth $2200 (valued by AAMI) and a $920 excess. When I informed him that AAMI had quoted me $602 with a $650 excess, he said he'd see what he could do. He then suggested that I could increase my excess to $1250 and only pay $918 annual premium, and that because Youi includes road side assistance in their premium I would not have to pay the $64 I pay RACV for road side assist. I reminded him that Youi's premium is still significantly more than AAMI insurance and RACV roadside assist combined (duh?). He also failed to mention that FREE roadside assist only covers 2 call outs, after that it's $150 a pop. I am so confused at how they think this pricing is even close to competitive?? The guy was polite but was cracking jokes every second sentence which can be a little annoying when you're trying to get a QUICK quote that you thought would be online. He kept suggesting he could move the price around (but it was obvious he was not going to be able to drop it as low it needed to go), and I had been completely polite to this point, but I actually had to cut him off and essentially hang up on him to get off this call that I never wanted in the first place! I could go on about the phone call but I've rambled enough I think. Don't bother looking for an online quote!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

It’s true Katelyn, we do like to add the human touch to tailor the policy to you, however this is no trick as we inform in the terms you agree to that we may call you. we have the start a quote onl... read more »

• 1 review
  • 7 helpful votes

Misleading & Decptive

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2016

I tried to obtain a comprehensive insure my motorcycle online when I was abruptly called and asked a series of questions. When I asked for a copy of the (expensive quote) I realised the excess was extremely expensive and the girl on the phone was deceptive. She promised this amazing roadside assist if I ever broke down to which i realised that was only 2 times. After that it's a $150 excess. When I asked her about it, her response was 'Yea, but what are the chances of that happening?' I agree, they are slim but that's not the point. When I said I wanted to look elsewhere for quotes because I wasn't too please with this, I was made to fel uncomfortable on a phone call I never asked for!

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We're all about tailoring your policy to suit your needs Chris. Insurance is important so we want to make sure you have the cover you need, still, we never want you to feel uncomfortable. You're ri... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes
Send a message

Horrible, expensive, want to know everything.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2016

$2,400 for a 2012 Toyota Hilux? All quoted elsewhere under $700?? I'll never call for a quote again.. I have 2 cars, a motorbike, home & contents. Total crap.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

Sounds a bit on the high side Evan! I'm keen to have a look at it, if you have a quote number please let me know. Thanks, Jen

Not interested, I'll never insure or get a quote with youi again.

Swan hill

Sorted and done in 15 mins

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 21, 2016

Had the whole side taken out by 2 kangaroos in ranger just rang had the claim sorted in 15 mins went to a youi preferred panel shop in swan hill
Drop it off back in 5 days excel service all washed up inside and out
We have all policies with youi
Good on youi another satisfied customer

Melbourne

• 4 comments
  • 7 helpful votes
Send a message

Way too probing, way too expensive.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2016

Tried to get a quote. It took 40 minutes of questions including "seeing as my status was divorced, had l repartnered?" When l asked why this was relevant l was told it was so they could "tailor" my insurance. Guy on the phone further wasted my time with banter about my responses that bordered on impertinent. The quote was $1600! (Coles quoted $600, AAMI $700). When l said their ads were misleading because they stated that a tailored insurance saved money, l was told they were a "premium" insurance company. When l politely declined to take up the quote (bargain price only available if taken up right then) the guy hung up on me! Premium company l don't think so.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Youi Official

We do ask a lot more questions to tailor the policy to you, & every question contributes to the final price. Doing this may save you heaps, however every company will rate risk differently so we ca... read more »

Insurance claim made

I believe YOUI is one of the cheaper insurers.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2016

Youi Insurance is the cheapest by far for our 3cars. Our one claim for a write-off I would rate 9/10

Comments
Youi Official

WOW! That is fabulous to hear, what could’ve we done to get that one extra point? Thanks for the great feedback, we really appreciate it! Cheers, Natasha

1 of 57 pages

Do Youi charge extra to pay per month?

Jimbles asked on May 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Jimbles! You will pay a little more when paying monthly so there’s even more savings to be made if you can manage annual. We’d love to give you a quote to compare, feel free to send me a direct message with your best contact number or call 13YOUI (139684) & select ‘1’ for new quotes. Thanks, Jen

Thank you for your reply but that is not a pay method I'm interested in. Regards -Jimbles

Just wondering are you still covered if you accidentally reveresed into another car but on your property?

Heather asked on May 15, 2016

Hi Heather,
It would depend on the type of cover you have, who each car belongs to, who was driving, etc. Without specifics it’s a tough one to answer. In some circumstances, it would be covered & other cases, be an exclusion. If this has happened, the best option might be to lodge a claim & we can take it from there. If you’d provide a policy number, I can get someone to call. Thanks, Lauren

Are engine repairs covered if its something that I couldn't have avoided?

Ben asked on May 13, 2016

Answer this

It depends on the type of cover & what caused the damage to the engine, Ben. Please DM a little more info (contact/policy number) & I’ll give you a buzz to discuss. Thanks, Lauren

Fuel contamination. 0449698291

I can't wait to see YOUI's response to this question ! Or an update from Ben.

See all 56 questions about Youi Car Insurance