Abbott Freestyle Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System

Abbott Freestyle Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System

3.8

sturnbullAU

Easy to use for beginner

Purchased in June 2020.

sturnbull

By the way, my meter is branded "Freestyle Freedom Lite" (additional word "Freedom" on packaging). I do not know if that means it is a different model to the "Freestyle Lite". I will find out and get Product Review to create a new entry if it is.

Maev....Sydney

Best metre I have used....

This meter may not be as fancy as others...but it suits me perfectly...small...compact packaging....easy to use and handle test strips....long battery life...I test a few times a day...
The only thing I do not like ...hence only 4 stars...is the lancing device....I replaced it with my Accu-Chek Soft Clix pen from my old Performa....I purchase this because of the TV recommendation from Rob Palmer....It is still my favorite even though I was given one from another company free.

Purchased for A$35.00.

SherylHunter Region, NSW

Abbott’s Freestyle lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System

The Abbott Freestyle lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System is easy to use with one drop of blood it will give you a accurate reading of your Blood Glucose it also lights up for easy reading at night

Diabetes Care Products

Find out how Abbott Freestyle Lite Blood Glucose Monitoring System compares to other Diabetes Care Products

Fei Hong

Fei HongMelbourne City

Poor accuracy

I have 4 of these machines. Using the same batch of test strips all within seconds of each other all of them give a different reading! You can have no faith in this machine to give a consistent reading.

kyteflyerHunter Region, NSW

Good BGL Meter

I really like my Freestyle Lite. Its small and the package is compact, but I absolutely hate the lancet gadget, so I am using my old softclix from Accuchek. (I had previously used a Performa and a Go, neither of which seemed particularly accurate.). I had bought it from the local chemist, and then when I registered with Abbott Diabetes care, I bought the special cable to connect it to the computer and oh dear, at the time, no Mac software (there is, now, but I don't require it anymore, since using Glooko on my iPhone). There are times I wonder about the accuracy, but when I get my HbA1c done, I find that my expectations, based on my meter readings, are pretty much on target.

Its possible to obtain a meter for free, now, from Abbott.

kyteflyer

After writing this, I have also acquired free meters from Accuchek and another from Abbott. I'll review them later when I have used them as extensively as the Lite

Philip

PhilipTiberias

Abbot Freestyle Lite glucometer

I have found that this meter gives very low results compared to those of my health fund laboratory.. To be fair it gives the "in range" values when tested by the standard test solutions supplied free of charge by Abbot . I have since purchased another meter,the Freestyle Optium and am very satisfied with its performance. The results are in good agreement with the health funds results. I have tested at the same time a drop of blood using both meters, the Freestyle lite generally gives results 25% lower than the Freestyle Optium.

it may be precise but its not accurate.

Price is great and readings have been accurate

I have been using the FreeStyle lite Meter For several months and can't be happier. I have tried a few other big brand meters but so far this is the best of the them. I purchased the meter from www.discountdiabetes.org and their prices were the lowest compared to the other big online companies.
Accurate readings, and the price.

Has some faults

It was well priced and worked well, however I live in rural Victoria which is hot. I accidentally left it in the car and now I always get the same reading so need to purchase another. It is not as sturdy as the more expensive machines. For its price it worked well but if you have type one I would buy one of Freestyle's upper market products.
Worked well before overheating. Easy to use and read.
Overheated in the car and resetting didnt fix the issue

Brian6468

Brian6468South East Queensland, QLD

Units of measurement

Diabetes Care Products

IreneFVictoria, 3136

Small and compact, easy to use. No coding required

srmbk2000
srmbk2000

hi
how do you get Abbott to replace the batteries, that pretty good of them. I have heard of free/subsidised testing strips from ndss but no free batteries.

Joeasked

Are there any special provisions for pensioners on the NDSS

Sheryl

Yes .Ring NDSS to find out what is on offer .I know that the blood glucose strips are available from the chemist for around 60 cents

Joe

Thanks for the response. My wife also uses the same monitoring device and will need to replace it

Alan G

Alan Gasked

My system check screen is clear. When inserting test strip the screen remains clear. I have changed the battery and the use by date of strips is 2021/03. Your assistance please.

Sheryl

Contact Abbott's you could have a fault with your device

Maev....Sydney

Just make sure your battery is in the right way up...
I did this recently...and then reversed ....hey presto...worked...
I am old *G*

Norm

Normasked

How do I clear a Er4 Code?

Sheryl

Take the battery out and count to 10 then replace the battery tis will reset the machine .If this does not work ring Abbotts

• GTIN14: 05021791710898