ABNregistration.com.au

ABNregistration.com.au

Lara N.

Lara N.Perth, WA

Scam! Different webpages but same address and ABN

overcharged for ABN registration, did not refund if business name is not available.
I reported all their webpage to Scam Watch and sent an email to inform them.
So, they replied via email and sent an sms said that the refund will be in my account in 12-15 days. Not sure it will happen or not.
So far, I knew 2 websites are the same:
Abnfile.com.au
Abnregistry.org
When I checked their ABN, ASIC registration number and address, they are all the same.

AndrewVictoria

Thought I was filling out a form from the government website

Andrew

ban is suppose to be ABN sorry in the second line

Sun

SunFar North Queensland, QLD

Be aware of these disgusting scammers

Jaro

JaroGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Yes, it's a scam.

A carefully constructed scam created to take advantage of people who are fooled by the official looking presentation of the website and are unaware that ABN registration is free. They are careful not to lie about their services but deliberately avoid being upfront about who they are and what they provide, relying on you not reading the fine print in their terms and conditions. They charge $99+ to do nothing more than copy the info you provide into an official application, a "service" no one in their right mind would pay for unless uninformed.

There is a lot more I'd like to say about these people, but apparently aggressive language is not allowed.

Melbourne

MelbourneGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

disgusting

How can this be allowed !! These people need to be shut down.. it takes advantage of people by being the first thing that comes up when you search how to register a business or get an ABN.. seriously !! How can this be allowed

C. Hart

C. Hart

Scammers!

OUTRAGOUS charge. I lent my son my credit card to get his ABN. As it's his first time to have one we had no idea they were free as this site was the first one to appear. Why is ASIC allowing this. $99 gone. Avoid at all cost. We've both learnt a good lesson - do more research.

Be aware. Scam.

Business-switch.com.au

Another website that comes up when you search ABN applications. They cold call you and take credit card details over the phone, and charge $99 to apply for an ABN number on your behalf. An ABN is free through the ATO website. Beware, they don’t do anything else for your money other than charging you for a free service. I hope they can sleep at night. Only use trusted websites guys. Take your time.

Allen

AllenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Fraud

Just a big fraud company and the ATO is not taking any actions. They are ripping money from the customers. I do not know how this business is operating in Australia.

Vonhagar

VonhagarSouth Australia

Only read this feedback AFTER the event...SCAMMERS

This Company is not transparent. My wife applied for an ABN through this site. She thought she was doing it through the ATO. A $99 fee was applied. Government authorities really need to outlaw this sort of thing.

Shafrina F.

Shafrina F.Sydney, NSW

ABNregistration.com.au are scammers

ABNregistration.com.au should be reported to Dept of Fair Trading for not clearly stating that they are not the govt ABN registration website. I need an ABN in a rush and googled ABN registration. Their website came as the first link. On clicking their website 'I am an Individual' comes as the first option and you can literally register in 5 mins only to realise in the emailed invoice later that they are a private company and not the ABN registrar govt site.

Stuart Green

Stuart GreenCanberra 2600, ACT

Honch Business Switch Business Name Registration etc a SCAM

How can ASIC (A Sick) and ATO let this exist??? These fools are selling services at 200 to 300% of the actual fee cost if I went direct to ASIC for the particular service. Do not use - they rip you off

John

JohnSydney, NSW

Total scam

Be careful, this website is a scam. I thought they were the government. ASIC should investigate and shut them down. If you have used the service be careful with the personal information you have given them.

France0917

France0917Far North Queensland, QLD

Unnecessarily costly but legitimate

John

JohnPerth, WA

Scammed by Honcho

Before writing this I counted 140 accusations regarding Honcho scamming people who are applying for an ABN or who mistakenly used Honcho to register a business name because they thought they were dealing with ASIC. Honcho charged me $199.00 which I paid up front but they did not have the correct information and therefore did not register the business name. I requested a refund and they agreed to refund $165.15 but i have not received it. ASIC charge $84.00 so this is definitely a scam.
Don't go near them. The ACCC should take some action against this company.

This is a scam

Do not pay for this service or go through this site. It is 100% a scam. Abn's are free - do not pay $99 for one. It was faster for me to go through the official ato website and get it for free there.

Totally scam company

I regret to read these too late. Hopefully everyone can read reviews before making payments. I contacted them without reply. I will trying contact my bank tomorrow to solve it

Paul

PaulIllawarra, NSW

SCAM Dont dont go through them

I tried to Cancel my application as what they offered was different to what they actually did, setting up a ABN is easy just need to do a bit more research! I paid for and ABN setup but what they did was total different the gave me a business name attached to and old ABN I had since I was very young and didn't think I worked any more So asked this scamming company to help me set on up! They didn't do this they took my money and did a $350 job for something I could have done on ASIC site for $85...
so Ive contacted Bank hope they will refund my the money as I will just be using an accountant which isnt much more then what they offer but the account do so much more!!! I wish this page came up first so I could have steered clear !!!

Yvonne

Yvonne

This website are nothing but scammers! DONT DO IT

I like most of you needed an ABN, so like we all do, we google and up pops this dodgey organisation. They are nothing but fake scammers! I immediately contacted my bank and completed a fraudulent card form, bingo my money is being refunded within a week. Phew! I now have an ABN for free from the ATO!

Val

Val

SCAMMERS

I have been ripped off by this company thinking it was an official government site with their clever marketing. As I was applying for a business name and ABN they called me urging me to make the payment right away and send them my card details. I went through with the payment (silly me) and then searched up reviews as I found them really sketchy. They agreed to give a refund but charged me a $33 "admin" fee. Such a joke.

Jill

JillSydney, NSW

SCAMMERS

Like everyone else it seems, on here, I also have been ripped off by this "company". Why isn't the government shutting them down and why haven't Google ads prevented them from advertising?

Alison L.asked

When will I get my money back? I paid 299 today thinking you were ASIC. Alison Lockwood

Elena L.

Alison, if you have evidence that money should be given back, send them an email clearly stating your evidence.
If you believe (like I do in my case) that the service wasn’t delivered, or was partially delivered, or customer service failed - contact your bank, they will be happy in most cases to investigate it for you (if this Agency will refuse the refund).
I’m still fighting for my refund but my bank did tell me that if I won’t succeed they will investigate it and will give me the refund

Alison L.

Did you go to fair trading?

Hi Alison,
I've got my full refund today. But it costed me about 10 hours of my personal time (spent on chatting with them as well as emailing). The last part of the refund (30% of the initial fee that they were trying not to return because I have to pay them to process my return - what a joke!) was given back only when I stated that I will be involving AU Customer Protection and Current Affair.
I'm researching Customer Protection website to find out the best way to inform them. Seeing how many people suffered here, I'm speechless. I'd recommend everyone to lodge claims

Tilo N.

Tilo N.asked

I got an application I did online on Saturday but I'm still waiting pls

micheal

You will probably never get it this company is a scam its not The government site

Nicole Laverick

Nicole Laverickasked

Why did I receive an ABN certificate from Honcho, and the following day I received a letter from Australian Business Register to tell me my number was refused?

micheal

because honcho is a scam its not the govt site where abn are free

Get an answer from our members and ABNregistration.com.au representatives