Accu-Chek Performa Nano

Accu-Chek Performa Nano

Good product.

Used one of these daily for a year. I do not have any battery problems as mentioned in other reviews. In fact on 2nd set of batteries this year. Have no accuracy issues when comparitive tests at the surgery. Maybe those complaining about accuracy are not storing test strips in correct temperature/humidity ??? Having spent many happy months in Aus a few years ago I remember temp in the 90s with high humidity in Sydney when I was there so maybe thats the cause. I cannot fault the one I use here in UK.

Purchased in February 2020 at GP DOCTOR SUPPLIED FREE.

Accu-Chek Performa Nano Meter

Very poor design - Battery life extremely poor.
The batteries run out within two-three days.
I changed the machines but the problem remained the same.
Surely Accu-Check must be aware of the problem by now.
Previously I use 'One Touc Ultra Easy ' batteries lasted for ever, great machine, but I was told that the strips were stopped.

Battery life on mine is extremely bad (goes through batteries in about a week).

Battery life on mine is extremely bad (goes through batteries in about a week).

I recently recieved a Medtronic 640G insulin pump and it came with a monitor, its a complete opposite to the Performa, doesn't need batteries all you have to do is take off the cap at the end of the monitor and plug it in to a USB port and in a couple of minutes its charged.

The only problem is getting strips for it and cannulas and reservoirs for the pump (still reasonably new). I got mine as a public patient.

I am a Type 1 diabetic too.

I think Accu-chek's build quality has gone down hill for years.

Diabetes Care Products

Find out how Accu-Chek Performa Nano compares to other Diabetes Care Products

Fireball 14017Preston

Small size makes the Nano fiddly

Incorrect readings

Received a free Accu-check performa. The reading was off the chart so I used my old reliable and I was at normal range. I have tried it with both a number of times and I believe the free one is completely unreliable. I think they are taking my old strips of the market. I will speak to my Dr about it next week to find a new reliable one. Will post again after I speak to her.

Very error prone

Précis ethic... Bought accu Chen nano.. Was good for first few tests... I normally don't check regularly. Just checked 3 days ago my 2 hr after small breaky too spiked. Went to doctors in evening. He checked with his glucometer. It was 5.1 but this was showing 7. I did not stop there I bought abbots freestyle lite, found same error margin.gonna ring support tomorrow

fred.mcgurk.3

fred.mcgurk.3AU

Horribly wildly inaccurate and inconstant

I ended up buying another brand (care sens - n) (because a forum member said that they successfully checked theirs against the lab every 3 months) and it will produce readings within 10% from the same finger prick. The "accu chek" would be all over the place. 8.1, 6.6, 7.2 all from the same blood source.
The scary thing is that my bg is now higher than i thought. So a bit depressing but i feel safer and more trusting to eat to my meter.

So for me it's a generous 2 stars..It is...Based on my experience...A bit optimistic and dangerous.
Easy blood take with the supplied lancte machine
Very inaccurate

Many errors and wasted strips.

Not very accurate at all

kferg

Frequent error readings and I must waste at least 10% of all test strips. Very unreliable.

Diabetes Care Products

Find out how Accu-Chek Performa Nano compares to other Diabetes Care Products

Muddy1955

Muddy1955MELBOURNE

Great Blood Glucose Monitor

ian pipe
ian pipe

Too many errors. I feel like I'm writing off 10% of the strips I buy due to this. Also, not happy with the way that the batteries have just failed on me with no warning.

It is not easy to use as advertised.

Spent at least half an hour on it and still could not get it to work.
The instructions are bad. I wasted at least 6 strips and still could not get it to work. a tiny drip of blood at the tip but still did not work. The Lancing device was equally complicated and I damaged the needle barrel. it certainly does not meet up to the expectation. I will need to bring it to my dietician and get a full demo. I thought it should be easy for a first time user.
compact but would help if I knew how it worked.
Everything.

Shazr

ShazrQLD, 4034

Great machine and size for my lifestyle

Indiana12
Indiana12
alexmay

alexmayAU

Excellent!

Compact but a bit error prone

A compact unit that's easy to carry in a bag such as a notebook bag or handbag. Stores lots of test results and let you review them individually plus gives you a 14, 30 and 90 day average. I unfortunately get around 10% of the strips fail with "E-1" message regularly after 3 batches of strips, so keep that in mind when considering the ongoing costs.
Compact, results storage
Slightly prone to test strip errors

kferg

Too many error readings. I am wasting at least 10% of all test strips.