Accu-Chek Strip-Free Mobile System

Accu-Chek Strip-Free Mobile System

More miss tests than positive

A very frustrating piece of equipment. More often than not, when I test, I get a message saying blood sample to small, cartridge faulty and replace or test error, test again. I retest only for the error message to occur 2 or sometimes up to 4 times.

My freestyle is far more accurate.

Purchased in March 2017.

Waltervp
WaltervpNorth-West & West coast, TAS

I hate the 60 day casette expiration!

Mostly very convenient to use but well and truly annoyed by the dumb 3 months expiry once you insert a cassette. I have two of these and use them fairly infrequently, meaning I get maybe a dozen tests òut of 50 in the cassette and find myself stranded without a meter when I need to use it. An override method would be useful. Of course having two òf them doubles my problem, but I have issues finding things and having 2 doubles the chances of locating it. Anyways, the government covers the bulk of the cost for us in australia so it is the inconvenience of not being able to do get a BSL when I need it!

Purchased in May 2016 at Chemist Warehouse for $59.00.

Phil S.
Phil S.Central Queensland, QLD

Far too error-prone

Purchased in February 2019.

Diabetes Care Products

Find out how Accu-Chek Strip-Free Mobile System compares to other Diabetes Care Products

Major redesign flaw

Purchased in January 2012.

Rubbish device now from customer point of view.

The new cassettes with the horns each side do a magnificent job of producing error readings. A very large wound is now required to produce enough blood to reach the test strip. This coupled with the short expire time (90 days) must generate massive increased sales. A great business model.
I will seek out an alternative test device.

Douglehere
DouglehereWA, 6171

Great for travel.

Records before &/or after meals testing.
The only improvement that I would suggest would be a comment/note section to support the possible reason for the test result.

More Test Fails

Terrible new cassette with tips either side, causes multiple test failures. Had 2 for years but more and more tempted to throw mine at the wall. Was great! Now Terrible

meshivi
meshiviSydney

Meter is fine- software not so

Very east to test but the support software just doesn't work. I tried all 3 possible options and all very buggy.
Tech support is very good in responding but again everything they suggest doesn't work.

Redesign Issues

Same problem, since the redesign of the test strip cartridge the unit is almost unusable. Lucky to get one in five tests correct, or even get a reading. Worked fine before they got to it. Suggest you try a different brand.

dieseldawg
dieseldawgACT, 2614

New test cassette is a failure

Has been great up until the redesign of the cassette. The lugs make it hard to get your finger into the test area properly. At present I'm averaging 3 errors every time so this latest cassette will only last me about a week if I'm lucky instead of the 25 days it should. I might try and file the lugs off as I want to keep using this tester as it is normally very convenient. Would have given it 5 stars last week before I bought the new cassette.

Zarbie
Zarbie

Great way of testing your blood sugar without touch fuss.

The no strip system is great. A l so the finger pricker attached is a bonus.
Great way to do readings. Only downside is its a bit big but it's not a big deal.

JohnCalne

Design change problem

The Accu chek mobile system is overall an excellent product which I have been using for several years now without problems, but recent changes to the design of the testing area by the addition is so called locating lugs has resulted in many errors and false readings (this was not the meter as tried an old style cassette and all was fine).
An excellent product let down by poor redesign.

BIRD
BIRDREYNELLA South Australia

Rubbish!!!!!

Never have I had a meter that has had failed tests (E3 & E4) as on this RUBBISH meter and add to that "Defective Cassette"
Not trustworthy at all!
Don't buy this meter(even if it's FREE)
;(

Maurie
MaurieSouth East Queensland, QLD

First class, 5 star product!

Excellent product

Having done an original review stating how the machine did only 27/50 tests, I was advised it could have been a faulty machine and should try another one. It was faulty.
The new one has been amazing and out of three cartridges used so far, only two errors have shown and both were my own fault for not applying properly. I can highly recommend this tester, as it has made a world of difference to me and is so easy to use with no problems of disposal.
Take the time to be sure you're using it correctly and it is excellent.

Douglehere
Douglehereasked

Hi my Accu Check Mobile monitoring unit slide button to open the cassette compartment cover has jammed. The slide is #12 on page 7 of manual. It has been getting progressively harder to open over time. Any suggestions please?

Doug Allen
[email address removed]

John

Contact Roche they will usually repair/replace the unit (in UK) if faulty.
This is my experience only as a user but I cannot speak for the supplier/manufacturer

sam
samasked

hello i would to know if you have any diaries at all? my name is Laura i have to write down what my sugar levels are

LHW
LHW

Hello Sam. I have been keeping a food diary for a couple of weeks or more now and do a tst before each meal and two hours after. It's been a real eye opener for me and helped me compile a list of what not to have's and what seem to consistently keep my readings lower. I also find the results can be reflective on the meal before the one you've just had also. Well worth doing, but we're all different, so need to do our own to see what does and doesn't suit us as individuals. Whole new way of living this is! I changed my accu check mobile for a new one as it seems the old one was faulty. The new one is working fine. Good luck, Lorraine

Mary
Maryasked

How do I get a accu-Chek mobile for free? I have been a type two diabetes n or insulted as well.

shirl13
shirl13

Hi Mary, I originally bought an Accu-Chek machine back in 2003 when I was diagnosed as I was advised to test even though only on tablets then. I registered my machine and Accu-Chek provided testing solution & batteries free when I asked. Since then they have regularly sent me new machines as and when. I would say even if you have to purchase one it is worth it as it is so easy to use and does away with fiddly strips. I also checked with my Practice Nurse before I started using it as to costs of supplies and it works out much the same. Good luck.

Martyn
Martyn

Hi. I am located in the UK and we are able to get free Accu-Check Mobile meters through the Accu-Check customer service contact number. I may be wrong but I cannot see a free meter for the same in Australia. It may be worthwhile though contacting customer service in Australia on 1800 251 816 and ask them. You may be lucky.
Best wishes. Martyn