ALDI Activ Energy Rechargeable Batteries

ALDI Activ Energy Rechargeable Batteries

2.3

Does not work

Used the charger one time and then it never came on again. Yes the batteries are in the right position. Batteries do not stay charged. Sad. I was hoping for better.

Purchased in November 2020 for $9.00.

RayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Another with years of use.

I have a mix of both AA & AAA Aldi Activ Energy rechargeables in wall clocks, multiple remote controls, cordless mouse & cordless keyboard. I also use them in solar powered Christmas lights and take them out after the lights come down to add to the household battery pool.
I use the Activ Energy battery charger (which will also charge other brands of AA NiMh & NiCd) and have yet to have a failure or a battery leak.

Purchased at ALDI.

Years of usage

I see bad reviews for these but I have purchased a good few sets over the years from many different aldi stores, some abroad, since they first appeared - with no problems. I use them in all sorts of devices singly and combined up to a set of eight; in various torches, remotes, trailcam, drone, hair trimmer, shaver, radio - some rarely used, some often used so usage rates and drain varies. I mix and match them without thought. I have a normal intelligent charger. I have had absolutely no problems or failures and some of these batteries are several years in use. I can't imagine why people are getting problems.

Products

Find out how ALDI Activ Energy Rechargeable Batteries compares to other Products

Dangerous!

I bought the Battery charger the third time I plugged it in to use it there was a big spark and a loud pop. Needless to say it no longer works. Don’t buy it

Purchased in January 2021 for $7.99.

Alexmily

Alexmily

Would love to recommend, but just too unreliable.

I've been purchasing the activ energy rechargable batteries for the last 12-18 months wanting to go green and reduce my single use battery consumption and have beeb charging them with an activ energy high speed intelligent module battery recharger, however inevitably the batteries end up going bad after only a couple of uses and I just can't recommend them. This ALDI product is a dud.

Purchased in January 2018 at ALDI.

Long

LongCanberra 2600, ACT

These batteries are not holding charge after a year or so.

I bought about 20 of these batteries and these batteries are not holding charge after a year or so (charger reported them faulty). also, capacity isn't great to begin with and can't be used in cameras or high drained devices. I got what I paid for and learn my lessons. tossed them all back to the battery recycling bin from ALDI.

Purchased in March 2019 at ALDI for $8.00.

Only just bought, but noticed a little about other reviews

So far the batteries have charged in the time stated, I've put them into the kids RC robots and a boat and worked for the expected time. I noticed a lot of reviews where people are whinging about the batteries, rechargeable batteries are not for slow burning power like clocks and remote controls, of course they will leak, and what's the point putting a more expensive rechargeable battery in a clock or remote, my clocks and remotes only ever use batteries that are to flat for other things. Rechargeable batteries shud not be left in anything you charge them keep them in a draw, use them for those things that usually eat batteries like RC contraptions. Just seems silly what I've read.

Purchased at ALDI for $9.00.

I like the idea of RECHARGABLE batteries and they are very inexpensive,but the battery life is just HORRIBLE on these.

Good product,very inexpensive,but bad battery life. Yeah. Bad battery life. Costs around 5 dollars (I think) Rechargable. That is it.

nothingwmn

nothingwmnSydney

Downright Dangerous!!!

Brian

BrianAdelaide

Excellent value

Best and cheapest rechargeable battery i have used. Current set of 5 have been in use twice a week for the last two years in a radio controlled yacht and they are still going strong. I suspect that the bad reviews on this site is due to user errors and faulty charging methods. Use the Aldi charger or a good quality charger which measures the delta point at full charge then switches off.

Purchased in December 2017 for $1.00.

DavRo

DavRoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I expected better

I have purchased both AA and AAA rechargeables. AA's for uhf radios. Each time I go away I have to check batteries with tester to find out the ones that have failed and replace them. I have used the AAA's in my weather system. It holds two in a solar recharging system on the roof. After about a year have to replace them. Have bought dodgy ones off ebay and they have lasted several years. I have found most Aldi products are quite good however I am quite dissapointed in these.

Purchased in January 2019 for $5.00.

Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor quality - low capacity battery. (AA)

Aldi used to sell AA 2500mAh batteries, well now they have down graded to AA 2100mAh.
The 2500's were ok (just) for their price, but even then faulty batteries were an issue.
In a nut shell do not waste your time, as they hold next to no capacity now (useful life before needing to be recharged). If you have a smart charger you will see some batteries deteriorate very quickly, and if you let them stand for a few days, the faulty batteries lose most of their charge, suggesting the internals of the battery are faulty in someway.
A product to avoid.

Batteries getting hot

Batteries get extremely hot after a while and start smoking when in use in tv control and in video game control (Xbox360) I hope this review helps with the batteries so you can do something about it

Chris A

Chris AGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Capacity keeps dropping, but not the price.

I was very happy with these batteries when I first bought them. Their capacity was rated at 2500mAh. But slowly they have been dropping the capacity and when I went to buy some today the had dropped to 2100mAh. Disappointingly low now.

Jimboe737

Jimboe737Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Explosive recharge

L1ttl3J1m

L1ttl3J1mIpswich

Incredible failure rate

Out of 20 batteries, AA and AAA, I currently have 3 left of each will still charge. Straight out of several packets, there was one battery that wouldn't charge a second time.

Left unused, they discharge after about a month.

Avoid.

Ms. Ruby

Ms. Ruby, St. Louis

Activ Energy Rechargeable Batteries - Don't waste your time/money

It seems this (ALDI) Active Energy Re-charger has a mind of its own. Sometimes it works, other times not. I have charged 2A & 3A batteries together, after trying for a couple of days. Now I just put four of the 3A batteries in the charger, and NOTHING! Not even a light comes on (red or green). I tried at 3 different outlets, and still....NOTHING! Maybe if I wait a day or two and retry, I might get somewhere. Of course, I'm not banking on it. Yeah, I bought the recharger, a few packs of the 2A & 3A batteries, probably a year or so ago, but the fact is they haven't done what they're supposed to do since I've had them. Anyhow, I'm disappointed that it was just a waste of money AND time -- trying to get this stuff to work. Good luck!!

fedup

fedupWitta

These batteries do not contain the stated Mah

First of all, any brand of rechargeable AA or AAA battery is 1.2v, not 1.5v.
Anyway, I own an XTAR Dragon VP4 Plus charger and have analyzed these Aldi batteries.
They do not come up to the stated capacity in Mah.

gthommo56

gthommo56Sydney

Activ Energy alkaline batteries (Aldi)

I have tried these batteries in different sizes over the past couple of years and it seems nothing has improved. I would estimate over a third of the batteries do not last longer than a couple of weeks on infrequent use. What has prompted my reply is I just had to replace batteries in a temperature sender for a weather station. These batteries were checked with a battery tester prior to use and read "good". 2 days later the temperature sender would not work, batteries checked again with battery tester which "replace". Batteries replaced with another brand and working fine for weeks.
NOT GOOD VALUE

activ batteries

i have used aaa and aa batteries from aldi never had problems with charging or battery life i use them in my weather station for years and only need to clean and recharge with fresh ones every 12 months when i do my normal maintance i give them a 5star rating for price and endurance

Wendy K.asked

What chargers can I buy that work with the Active Energy rechargable batteries purchased from Aldi mid March 2021?

Ray

I use the Activ Energy branded universal charger that I purchased from Aldi. I use it for recharging the Activ Energy AAA & AA Ni-Mh as well as some AA Ni-CD's.
The Aldi product code on the box is 93657 - I have been using this for a couple of years so I don't know if they still sell the chargers.

Wendy K.

Thank you so much for the great into and the super quick reply. I have not been able to track down one of these Aldi chargers. I check special buys each week but although Aldi sold the batteries they have not had the charger for sale (for perhaps years?). I tried with a Varta charger with no success. I am hoping someone has had success with a charger that I can purchase readily. Can I ask, do they take 7 hours to charge as indicated on the battery itself?

morgan
morgan

any 'intelligent' aa or aaa charger should work. i have a couple of 4 slot ones from ebay, $25 or less and my aldi batteries have lasted with weekly recharges over a couple of years with no problems. i use them in various torches, radio and trail cams.

Gene

Geneasked

Can I use any rechargeable brand batteries in the activ battery charger or only activ batteries?

Meryl  B

Meryl Basked

How long to charge these batteries

See all ALDI Activ Energy Rechargeable Batteries questions

Get an answer from our members and ALDI representatives