AeroBed Back Pack Bed

AeroBed Back Pack Bed

See the Best Outdoor Beds in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Perfect for kids sleepovers and a petite adult

Have used this for past four years as a guest bed and it's never let us down. I recently had to use it and it was as comfortable as a single bed could be when you're used to sleeping in a queen sized bed. We always use a wool underlay on it (beneath a fitted sheet) as air beds can get very chilly in winter (which may be an advantage in summer). It is dead easy to use. Unroll it, attach the electric pump and it inflates super fast. It deflates in about 30-45cm - release the big valve (probably no good for arthritic hands) and the air rushes out and I roll it from the far end to expel remaining air. It actually fits easily back into the supplied backpack, which has a separate pocket for the detachable pump. Toddlers loves watching it inflate (its see-through plastic with velour top) and bouncing on it. Only used for 1-3 nights at a time. Been a great buy, cost $99.

Offgassing and toxicity

I can't sleep on this. I have aired it out for a month and the smell is so overwhelming that I can't go near it. I tried twice to sleep on it but had such strong heart palpitations and swollen throat that I got off it after 15 minutes. The PVC is just not good to sleep on.
Very comfy though