ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet

1.9

Jack Thorpe

Jack ThorpeMid North Coast, NSW

Happy dog

Tried a piece of fillet steak on BBQ could not chew it dog had to eat it other three pieces were done in the oven two and a half hours and still disappointing dog has food for a few days now

Purchased in July 2020 for A$24.00.

bosso

bossoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bloody Awful

I have previously defended the product on Facebook when negative comments were posted. We have generally only bought Eye Fillet which was very tender. We tried another last night and none of family of 4 inc 16 and 19 year old could eat it, it was so tough. Our dog liked it, but that's all it could be used for!

Purchased in September 2020.

John M

John M

Disappointed

Normally excellent eye fillet to eat but very tough in the last few months. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for A$25.99.

Find out how ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet compares to other Food & Drink Products

Worst piece of meat i've ever eaten. Eye fillet should melt in your mouth. You wouldn't melt this with a flamethrower.

Jindurra meat from Aldi, avoid at all costs, the worst I've ever eaten.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for A$23.00.

Remi

Remi

Aldi eye fillet terrible

Several months ago we were introduced to Aldi whole rib fillet. The first 2 were great. Since then they've been shocking - tough, stringy, nothing like rib fillet. Very disappointing.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$23.00.

Luke C.

Luke C.Peel, WA

Worst I've ever had.

I bought a pack of 'Canstar' award scotch fillets and they were quite chewy even medium rare. Tried a pack of porterhouse and they were almost inedible. Stay away or at least return them till they stop buying poor quality meat.

Purchased in August 2020.

jennifer.mark.336

jennifer.mark.336AU

Aldi Scotch Fillet tough as old leather

Ive been buying my meat from Aldi for years and have always found it to be amazing...until now. I paid $23 for some scotch fillet that I pan fried medium rare how we like it. It was inedible it was that tough. I struggled to cut through it with a steak knife! Its scotch fillet!! Thats generally unheard of with scotch fillet. The dogs were happy...we couldn't eat it. I will NEVER buy ALDI Jindarra scotch fillet again. Describing it as horrendous is even being too generous. Avoid avoid avoid.

Purchased in August 2020 at ALDI for A$23.00.

Greg

GregSunbury

Porterhouse is rubbish

I've tried aldi a number of times and compared to same priced steaks at Coles they are rubbish. I have a good quality cast pan which is perfect for cooking but aldi steaks are almost inedible.

Purchased in July 2020 at ALDI for A$7.00.

Fed Up

Fed UpSydney

Lucky I've got all my own teeth!

You couldn't eat this steak if you didn't have all your own teeth!
Tough as old boots. Tasteless

Purchased in May 2020.

Cheryl

CherylMid North Coast, NSW

The toughest fillet steak

I have a returned three lots of Jindurra meat. The toughest fillet steak I have ever brought in 50 odd years of cooking medium rare meat. Never again thanks Aldi.

Purchased in June 2020.

house95

house95AU

Terrible sotch fillet

It appears that Aldi has dropped their quality on their meat. 12 months ago l went out of my way to buy their scotch fillet. Bought some and found it to be tasteless, chewy. Im taking it back to the store for refund.

Purchased in July 2020 at Aldi halls head for A$24.00.

val tufrey

val tufreyHunter Region, NSW

We also found the Jindurra porterhouse steak inedible

Turned us right off aldi steak.
Fancy them saying the lady couldn't cook steak. What an insult

Purchased in September 2019.

Aldi porterhouse rate

I used the cooking method recommended on the Jindurra label for medium well, but the tv advertised "can cut it with a butter knife" porterhouse steak needed a hand saw not a knife made of butter as it is very tough.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$17.53.

Anne G

Anne GSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Dreadful Small Piece of Fillet Roasting Beef.....

I bought a small piece of roasting beef - had the shape and size of fillet. Price was $11:50. On our very basic income I thought what a bargain price for a gorgeous roast! Not so. Cooked well and rested. With anticipation I sliced into beef - shock, horror the meat did not come away cooked with a gorgeous pink centre. No rather these very nasty looking slices fell away from the knife into 4/5 lumps! What have these meat suppliers done? Glued? Sneaky nasty practises.....unimpressed......l

Purchased in July 2020 at Yass Aldi.

James  B M

James B MSydney Surrounds, NSW

Porterhouse Steak

Late last year (2019) bought their Porterhouse Steak. It turned white on the BBQ and it's texture was of pork. No longer trust their meats. Lamb chops maybe if they don't look like pork.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$22.00.

Michael F.

Michael F.Darling Downs, QLD

TOUGH AND INEDIBLE

Bought Scotch fillet at Dalby store 7/07/2020. I know how to cook steak. This was so tough we were unable to eat it. More grissle than fillet, we gave it to the dog, do not waste your money, it was akin to the leather used on blundstones and that is being favorable.

Purchased in July 2020 at Dalby for A$21.00.

John W.

John W.Perth, WA

Porterhouse steak

Cooked it on the barbeque and every piece started to twist and curl, it was grissel and so tough you could not cut it with a knife, we had vegetables for dinner that night, the steak was so tough the dogs ate it the next day never again will I buy steak from aldi again its a disgrace

Purchased in June 2020 at Byford for A$21.00.

Jed Silverman

Jed SilvermanSydney, NSW

Dry brined for 2 or even 3 days, beautiful steak.

Either I got lucky twice or people don’t know how to cook eye fillet. Dry brined for 3 days, cooked on a very hot skillet, medium rare to rare - for $20 a kilo (on special), thoroughly enjoyed it

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI.

niels

nielsGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tough meat

Meat has been very ordinary lately , tried the rib eyes last week , tough and very fatty , and by the way I know how to cook steak , might have to look else where for my meat now unfortunately

Purchased in June 2020 at Epsom .

Michael M.

Michael M.Canberra 2600, ACT

Ordinary is flattering

Hasn't anyone else noticed yet - meat from ALDI is very poor quality. Enough to send me back to a real butcher!

Purchased in May 2020.