ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet

ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet

Angie M

Angie MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Steak I’ve had in a long time

Took out of the Fridge 2 hours before cooking, sliced into 4cm steaks, oiled both sides & seasoned with S&P, then on to the weber for 3 mins per side then rested for 5 mins. Absolutely Sensational! (PS - I would never freeze steak)

Purchased in February 2021 at ALDI for $30.00.

Not the best

I purchased the Jindurra Eye Fillet appx two/three months ago and put in freezer, I have this week taken from freezer and let it rest and defrost in the fridge for at least 48 hours before cooking.
Have prepared as I have in the past trimmed etc as before, cut very thick because I believe it helps retain a really nice flavour. We tend to enjoy our steaks medium cook, pink but not very bloody. Have to say a total disaster it was very tough, the worst I have ever had, so very disappointed. We have had ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet and have been satisfied, the local Magpie’s will enjoy I’m sure.

Like butter

I slow cooked jindurra whole eye fillet and for NYE it was the best
I marinated and cooked at 120 for 1&1/2 hours guests loved it one so much so that he went and bought a pice himself

In general I agree the red meat and chicken are shocking at Aldi I usually only buy pork as that is. Good

Purchased in December 2020.

Martine M.

Martine M.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely terrible like eating leather not eye fillet.

Meat has a weird taste, tough as leather .. believe me you can’t chew it.. it’s now dog food after I cut it up small so much dog can swallow it

Purchased in January 2021 for $30.00.

Lakshman Jayawardena

Lakshman Jayawardena

Eye Fillet and all beef

This is RIP off and the price is not that cheaper, get rid of the beef section altogether, the mince beef was tasteless, eye fillet was like leather, Blade steak was dry and tough not even good for stews. tasteless

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI for $42.00.

Pam V.

Pam V.South East Queensland, QLD

Not like eye fillet steak

We know how to cook meat and this is not the normal texture of eye fillet. It’s way too fibrous and not soft and tender. I normally like Aldi meat however this is not up to standard for eye fillet. My image shows an abnormal texture even though it was temperature checked to medium rare. Aldi, I hope this isn’t your new different.

Purchased in December 2020 for $21.99.

Pelin T.

Pelin T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

This is certainly not eye fillet

I cooked in sous vide 57C for 1 hour as per instructions for a tender and juicy medium rare eye fillet, then put on grill for final touch, and when I tried, it was not eye fillet, just smear all over, not an edible meat. My husband tried to cook it a bit, it was still so chewy, even the sharpest steak knife couldn’t cut it. Just waste of money. Aldi should stop selling Jindura meat, it’s just fooling people

Purchased in December 2020 for $18.00.

Eyka

Eyka

Really !!! $26.99 Kg for something inedible

I recently bought some porterhouse steaks at Coles which were wonderful. I alternate my meat shopping between Coles and Aldi but after wasting $20.51 on Aldi’s Scotch Fillet Steaks (supposedly) never again will I purchase meat from Aldi. It was totally inedible, tough and chewy.

We used 2 portions the rest went in the bin. Shocking.

Purchased in December 2020 for $20.51.

Tony

TonyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Jindurra Scotch Fillet

Aldi, you are a great store but you would be well advised to stop selling Jindurra meat because it is absolute garbage. We bought a 4 pack of Scotch Fillet but could only eat a quarter of 2 steaks because it was tough like rubber. Our steak knives wouldn't cut it. It was inedible. Lucky it is trash night because that is where the rest is going. We'd like to buy our groceries from one store but will now buy all our groceries from Coles. Very disappointed and annoyed at wasting our hard earned money.

INEDIBLE

I have been cooking Scotch Fillet for 38yrs and have never come across a steak so bad we couldn't eat it.
I bought a four pack on special and needless to say will not be eating the other 2 . I will be calling Aldi's first thing in the morning for a refund.
I will just stick to buying chicken from Aldi's but no Jindarra products for me.

Purchased in November 2020 at Currambine for $20.00.

Mel

MelSydney, NSW

Jindurra rib eye

The very first Rib eye was melt in the mouth but 2nd and 3rd were so chewy! Why Aldi?

mareeHunter Region, NSW

Jindurra eye fillet.

Last time I bought the eye fillet it was a little chewy. this time I hammered it with my tenderising mallet then straight into a hot pan for a minute then a little on other side { I like mine either rare or medium} absolutely delicious. So went back and bought another 2,use by date was 2 weeks so plenty of time to enjoy, not bad for my $5 pensioner special as I call it. Thankyou Aldi and Jindurra.

Purchased in October 2020 at Blue Haven NSW for $5.00.

maree

The secret is don't over cook it . If you like well done steak then buy something else. Steak is best cooked rare or medium so you still have the juices.

Kim

KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

ALDI Eye Fillet Steak

Bought Eye Fillet from ALDI yesterday - absolutely inedible. We used to love their steak but something's amiss lately. This was chewy as an old boot. The remainder will be returned today for a full refund and we will longer buy ALDI meat.

Purchased in October 2020 at Elanora for $23.00.

DDT

DDT

You Get What You Pay For

Cooked via sous vide for nearly 4 hours at 57 degrees, finished on BBQ. Even after this it was so tough as to be very unpleasant to eat. I’m thinking this isn’t beef but rather old dairy cattle.

Purchased in October 2020 for $25.00.

Neil V.

Neil V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

RIB EYE RIP OFF

i purchased two rib eye steaks and they were so tough the were inedible . i didnt think ribeye could be like this but it was . worst steak ever

Purchased in June 2020 at ALDI for $20.00.

Jindurra Beef ScotchFillet

Bought 4 steaks in a pack. Cooked 2 of them as we always do, Brough to room temperature, then cooked in very hot pan. One rare, one medium. Both were absolutely terrible and could not be eaten. Tough as an old boot and tasteless. Second time in 10 days this has happened. Previously their meat was very tender and we have highly recommended it. Now we are done. No more Aldi meat

Purchased in September 2020 for $26.00.

Jack Thorpe

Jack ThorpeMid North Coast, NSW

Happy dog

Tried a piece of fillet steak on BBQ could not chew it dog had to eat it other three pieces were done in the oven two and a half hours and still disappointing dog has food for a few days now

Purchased in July 2020 for $24.00.

bosso

bossoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bloody Awful

I have previously defended the product on Facebook when negative comments were posted. We have generally only bought Eye Fillet which was very tender. We tried another last night and none of family of 4 inc 16 and 19 year old could eat it, it was so tough. Our dog liked it, but that's all it could be used for!

Purchased in September 2020.

John M

John M

Disappointed

Normally excellent eye fillet to eat but very tough in the last few months. Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $25.99.

Worst piece of meat i've ever eaten. Eye fillet should melt in your mouth. You wouldn't melt this with a flamethrower.

Jindurra meat from Aldi, avoid at all costs, the worst I've ever eaten.

Purchased in September 2020 at ALDI for $23.00.