ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet

ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet

See the Best Food & Drink Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Eye fillet

I purchased jindara eye fillet from Aldi in armidale n sw in my 76 year I haven;t eaten a tougher piece of meat they can fool some of the people some of the time but can’t fool all the people all of the time I shal never buy another piece of meat from Aldi disgusting

Purchased in July 2021 for $28.99.

Rupert
RupertBrisbane

Toughest piece of meat in eaten in 60 yrs.

Beautiful piece of meat with the rib bone included, vacuum sealed and about 30mm thick. Looked fabulous, had to have it. Came out of air fryer cooked to perfection and looked delicious. I was literally drooling, so much so I had to take the bib off my grandkid. But from there it was rapid disappointment. Unchewable, so tough, never had a steak so tough. Ended up cutting into small cube like pieces, so I just gave a few chews, like a dog, and then swallowed. Didn't want to waste my $12.42. and no dog in the house. I can't figure out how steak could get so tough.

Purchased in July 2021 for $12.42.

Wendynothappy
WendynothappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Melt in your mouth

Not an ounce of fat. Delicious. Mine very well done. Boys medium rare. Absolutely delicious. Definitely value for money and great quality. Buy once a month. Family favourite. Thanks Aldi

Love this product

We buy the eye fillet every 3 weeks. You need to handle it the same as you would a pork fillet ie you need to run a knife under the sinew and remove it. Cut into 3cm steaks and cook medium rare on the Weber. You could eat it with a spoon. The rest we use for a Bibimbap bowl

Purchased in May 2021 for $25.00.

Mal C.
Mal C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unbeatable Value, tender beef

Bought a kilo of eye fillet for under $25. Took it out of the fridge and left it at room temperature for a short time prior to cooking. Sliced into thin slices for my partner who likes her steak well done. Thick slices for myself Medium rare. Both of us were impressed at the tenderness for the price. There was a little more fat than I would usually get if buying from the market or butcher, I fed the fat to my kitten who loved it.

For a third of the price of high quality eye fillet from the market, this is great value. Taste is not quite as good, but still very delicious.

Don't freeze eye fillet people, what is wrong with you?!

Purchased in June 2021 at ALDI for $23.00.

Upcoming Special Buys from the ALDI Catalogue

Reviews for what's in the ALDI catalogue this week.

Nathan S.2 July 2020
upcoming-special-buys-from-the-aldi-catalogue
Thomas
ThomasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

This steak I've tried twice 1 straight away the other still sealed for 3 weeks I needed a chainsaw to cut it never again cow feed must have been trees

Purchased for $21.00.

Heather M.
Heather M.

Badly presented, variable quality, lots of gristle and fat - meat from Jindurra at Aldi

I'd started with Aldi's $10 blade steak for my dog. It used to be a good buy, with hardly any fat. Now just paying for fat and gristle. The eye fillet ( for me) can be OK but is not the proper shape for eye fillet but a heap of bits put together, so is it really fillet? Quality has gone down over time. Price gone up.

Susan
SusanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Confused !

Have been buying eye fillet from Aldi and really raving about how great it is .( Their rump and sausages are really terrible !) Unfortunately, my recent purchase of eye fillet was so bad none of us could eat it , literally ! Really tough and tasteless ! Now I dont know if I can trust buying it again, so disappointing!

Phil h.
Phil h.Perth, WA

What can i say

10 out of 10 for toughness. and a 10 out of 10 for tasteless rubbish... seriously buy a few steaks and take them home and punch 3 holes into each slice and turn them into thongs... They'll last a lot longer than any thong you'll get off the shelf and in fact the thongs would probably taste better and be a lot more tender. if you're a consumer the best choice is to leave it on the shelf. Don't waste your money and in fact I may go get a refund tomorrow, I wish I could give it no stars it was that bad

Purchased in May 2021 at ALDI.

Beef Scotch Fillet Steak

A bit more meat with the fat would have been appreciated since I was buying meat not fat absolutley terrible value considering will think twice on Aldi meat from now on

Purchased in December 2020 at ALDI for $22.62.

Andrew & Bec
Andrew & BecSydney, NSW

Aldi Jindurra rump

Tough, tasteless, and generally concerning experience. If Aldi thinks this quality of steak is ok to serve I question their ability to serve food, poor form Aldi! It was rump, however on the underside it it just did not look right, ie the grain cut etc. Would take a glance from a qualified butcher to quickly assess that the meat supplier is supplying non human grade meat.

Purchased at ALDI for $20.00.

Amazing value for money

I do not understand the low rating on this eye fillet . We have always found it to be incredibly tender and tasty and the price is amazing. The only thing I’m disappointed with is that Aldi do not seem to be currently stocking it !

Purchased in January 2021 for $34.00.

Should be twice the price

I've had this half a dozen times now and melt in the mouth every time! I don't know how some people are giving it 1 star. Stunning for the price

Angie M
Angie MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Steak I’ve had in a long time

Took out of the Fridge 2 hours before cooking, sliced into 4cm steaks, oiled both sides & seasoned with S&P, then on to the weber for 3 mins per side then rested for 5 mins. Absolutely Sensational! (PS - I would never freeze steak)

Purchased in February 2021 at ALDI for $30.00.

Not the best

I purchased the Jindurra Eye Fillet appx two/three months ago and put in freezer, I have this week taken from freezer and let it rest and defrost in the fridge for at least 48 hours before cooking.
Have prepared as I have in the past trimmed etc as before, cut very thick because I believe it helps retain a really nice flavour. We tend to enjoy our steaks medium cook, pink but not very bloody. Have to say a total disaster it was very tough, the worst I have ever had, so very disappointed. We have had ALDI Jindurra Eye Fillet and have been satisfied, the local Magpie’s will enjoy I’m sure.