ALDI Muller-Licht LED Light Bulb

ALDI Muller-Licht LED Light Bulb

See the Best Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by ALDI

1.4

Unbelievable rubbish

Replaced most tungsten bulbs with Aldi led. Unbelievable rubbish, advertising on the package as lasting over 50000 or 20000hr. What a deception just in few weeks some of them got the plastic part smoking than few cracked and stop working by the end of first year half of them burned out. The last one did not last two years and in my house I use lights only when needed. Spend 20 times more for bulbs lasting only 1/10 of old tungsten.

faustdownunder
faustdownunderGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

No problems with ALDI LED light bulds

We have been using ALDI LED light bulbs for years now and had no failures at all. They work reliable and give good light - unlike many other brands. Apparently, the German made Mueller Licht design is known to be excellent.

Purchased in June 2016.

Attabur R.
Attabur R.Sydney, NSW

ALDI LED lights - Pathertic

Purchased in October 2018 at ALDI for $20.

Capt Jack
Capt JackWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

It started fibrillating

It was a 13w job and started flicking on and off one night like astrobe light. Turned it off because I was certain it was going to explode. Seemed alright the next day but after 15 minutes it started doing the same thing. Then I decided to look it up. Can only 100% agree with everyone here - it is junk and only a few months old.

April7Reviewer
April7ReviewerSouthwest, VIC

25 year warranty - died after 1 year

Got the 5 watt, 320 lumen Led reflector model. Good for a year but should be 24 to go. Avoid Muller, avoid Aldi.
Interesting that the package has Russian writing on it btw.

Short lifespan

I bought a number of these Muller-Licht led bulbs on price at Aldi. Sadly it was false economy and I took two back for a refund. They gave me the money back, no quibble.

ALDI LED globes are exploding BEWARE

As you can see from other posts these globes can have problems. I had one explode, shower sparks all over the lounge room and damage the light fitting. I have been waiting since May 15 for someone to acknowledge the damage and repair my lounge room light fitting. Further, 2 more failed straight away and tripped the master fuse.

Jeff H

Do you see the date of this? MAY 15. Guess what, I am still waiting for ALDI to come good completing the repairs to my house!

Jeff H

Finally got sorted sometime in August. Today, 3 failed within 24 hours.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021

Exploded light bulb

I had a 11W muller licht in my kitchen chandelier which was an antique,it exploded and knocked the glass out of my light,fortunately no one was on that side has glass flew all over my kitchen, very scarry

Darryl F
Darryl F

Looked good in the Aldi Bargain Bin but what a mistake.

I bought about 20 of the 7W dimmable GU10 led bulbs about 2 years ago. Around 8 have failed since with led blinking and then dying altogether. The led may be OK but I suspect the led driver is no good. I still have the receipt so will see if Aldi take them back. Absolute rubbish. Avoid Muller-Licht at all costs.

Find out how ALDI Muller-Licht LED Light Bulb compares to other Products

Product Definitely Doesn't Last in Enclosed Fixture (outside light fixture)

I put a 10 watt bulb in my porch light fixture which has a glass globe. The light didn't last but a year or so. The plastic base of the light bulb split. Not a bargain.

Over heated and died within 6 months

Having owned many led bulbs these by far were the worst. I bought a pairof them at aldi and one has failed and the other is hot and flickering. If suggest avoiding this brand.

Dangerous product

We smelled something bad, and I dicovered that the Muller Light dimmable LED in our kitchen chandelier was off and black. It was so hot that the plastic was soft.

Not worth it

Like every other review, except for the 1 suspiciously positive 1, some failed within a few weeks, some lasted a few months, some lasted about a year, and a few lasted about 2 years ( i bought about 20 and only a few lasted more than the year). In my opinion spend the extra money on a better branded light. These are cheap, but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Rubbish a false economy.

I replaced by halogen lights with the Muller LED's (2 pin and GU10 types) After 6 months I have about a dozen that have failed. Not exactly the life expectancy advertised.
Don't buy expecting to save, I am now having to replace with more expensive lights.

DaveInDarlo
DaveInDarloSydney, NSW

LED globe supposed to last up to 25 years fails in 2 years

I bought a Muller Licht LED light bulb from ALDI a few years ago. It lasted at most 2 years and wasn’t used much. I didn’t keep the receipt, but took it back to Aldi Waterloo thinking that only Aldi sells it and LEDs have only been around for five years, and they would offer a refund.
Also I thought they would like to know how one of their products was failing, not living up to the claim on the box of lasting up to 25 years. But no refund from the manager. The same thing happened with a Median brand LED globe also sold by Aldi.
Aldi are completely uninterested as to whether the items they import from China perform as specified or not. So producers of items sold at Aldi can palm off any old rubbish to the Australian consumer.