Ancestry.com

Ancestry.com Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Pearl Tilleyasked

good morning I purchased a kit for my grand daughter and it doesnt seem as much information as I though it would have the bar code on the box was 487142932922 AU
hoping you can help?
Regards Pearl Tilley

I received your email

Pearl Tilley

what do you want me to write

Pearl Tilley

Hi Im still waiting to hear from you .

margaret masked

Why do I have to pay to receive information when I have already sent two samples and have yet to obtain any results?

margaret m

I just asked that question and again received no reply

MARGARET M

WHAT IS YOUR ANSWER

Margaret Mary hoyes

Margaret Mary hoyesasked

I am trying to find my results

Jimbo
Jimbo

Sorry but all i can say is good luck!! Unfortunately my experience with Ancestry.com tells me they are not reliable and are hit and miss with their results. Try another DNA provider

Jorge
Jorge

Not good. My cousin has done accurate research about our family’s heritage. I got my DNA estimate with my heritage and it was quite inaccurate in comparison to the research. Not recommended.

Mike

Mikeasked

Hi,
I have received my DNA results but have have not been given my specific Y DNA haplogroup? Is that part of what is supplied? Do I get any information on subclades?
Any information appreciated. Michael Mackenzie

Jay
Jay

I loaded my ancestry dna results up to Genesis Gedmatch where you'll have access to so much more than the flimsy, and in my case, inaccurate ancestry results. My Heritage tested my ancestry kit and got a whole lot more than ancestry found. It takes a few days for gedmatch to load up all your 'matches' but you will be amazed at what can be found- there is a whole lot more there but I am a newbie, so still learning. You can play around with the chromosomes too.
www.genesis.gedmatch.com