ANZ Online Saver

ANZ Online Saver

See the Best Savings Accounts in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Interest earning acc? Not really

Many have already posted the problem w ANZ online saver (OS) for existing customers so I won't rehash it. I've been waiting since Dec for ANZ to reverse their silly decision and it looks like they've decided to stick w only making new customers happy!

I've just open a progress saver (PS) , I'm going to try and juggle my everyday transaction acc, the online saver & progress saver and see how I go.

The idea is to move my savings into the PS to earn 2.39%pa (current as at Mar-19). & Leave some moneys in the OS to earn the lack luster 0.5%pa and withdraw from that, anything I can afford to save goes to the PS.

Lets see how I go, seems like a bit too much effort though.

Read the Fine Print.

Read the Fine Print.Sydney, NSW

No more bonus interest after 3 months

Note: eSaver with Westpac gives the bonus interest for only 5 months. After that, I hope they can still offer a bonus interest to its loyal customers.

Jeff M

Jeff MPerth

Online Saver Interest Rate

Like other reviewers, my wife and I visited the Mandurah branch of ANZ yesterday to update the interest rate on the online savers we were encouraged to open some years ago. We were promptly told the rate was now 0.5% and there was no top up bonus. Our deposits were only just over $250,000 and 40 plus years of customer loyalty counts for nothing. We were told there was no need for the bank to notify customers of the change because the fine print in the bank’s conditions of account permitted the bank to do what it likes. Accounts now closed. Lessons from Royal Commission- ZERO.

Buddy

BuddyTasmania

Online saver interest rate

After almost 50 years banking with Anz , we have changed banks to get better and regular bonus interest on our online saver account
Went in 1/2/19 to up date interest rate, staff member was very rude and unhelpful, will eventually change all our accounts
So much for loyalty

GOSH

GOSHMelbourne Victoria

ANZ Online Saver Loyalty amounts to nothing! Churn and Burn Mentality!.

No bonus rate for loyal customers

A rip off. Bonus for new customers only? I thought old clients should not be disadvantaged. Why not depart?

Sue

SueMelbourne

Unable to extend bonus interest

Tried to extend bonus interest rate on ANZ Online Saver today but was told I could no longer do this as these accounts were for new ANZ customers only. So much for being a long term customer of over 20 years. I have been extending bonus interest rate on my account every three months for the last two years. Looks like I will be taking my money elsewhere. Very disappointed with ANZ service!!

Brook

BrookSouth East Queensland, QLD

amazing!

amazing! love the service at this bank & the interest rate is so good, love how there are no fees involved and can do unlimited transactions

Natalia

NataliaMelbourne

The worst experience ever with ANZ bank, staff have no idea what they are doing

They sent me an email offering me $10 monthly fees, when I noticed that they did not apply this discount I rang them up to point out the error. [name removed] from complaints told me that I should remain to Breakfree package and pay $395 annually in order to receive $10 off. Oh, really?!!! Mind you in the original email he never mentioned that condition, and it was not even a subject of discussion either. Lodged complaint with Financial Ombudsman Services as ANZ staff are liars and covering up for each other. Futile attempt to blame their ouw lack of professionalism on others. Utter disgrace!!!

Mendoza

MendozaMelbourne

You have to constantly reapply for the bonus rate

I have changed banks because I constantly have to ring to have the bonus rate applied. Don't open an account with ANZ, if you have one vote with your feet, they are taking you and your money for granted!

Business Account

Hi I do have two business account one in common Wealth bank and other one with ANZ , the overseas clients process the payment on Wednesday...but I always get it on Friday with Common Wealth bank, but when it comes to ANZ it comes on Monday or Tuesday on the following week....terrible for business customers...they should learn from common Wealth bank.
Regards
Isaac.

I received a satisfactory result to a complaint

I opened an on-line savings account with ANZ. It had bonus interest applied, but only if you contacted the bank or went in in person to say you wanted it. I had no bonus interest for a year. When I made a complaint I was offered 3 months bonus interest. (An amount of about $500. ) I refused. The account had over $100,000 in it. An independent arbitrator offered me the full amount of one year's bonus interest, an amount of ($1500) . I accepted this. But I still have to contact the bank ever 3 months to say " yes I want the bonus interest"

Denise

DeniseLancefield

Beware!

Opened my online saver approx 4 years ago. A few days before my current offer expires I ring and ask for the introductory bonus rate to be re-applied and it has always been granted. However, a few days ago I rang as per usual and was told they would re-apply the bonus interest rate but I would receive 2.50% instead of the advertised 2.55%. I wasn't impressed! Today went online and discovered it had been re-set and I would receive 2.30% not 2.50% as informed. Rang again, person tried to fob me off but eventually granted me 2.50%. Bad PR ANZ I have gone from being an extremely happy customer recommending and singing your praises to being a dissatisfied customer who has lost trust in you.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

$5 monthly fee is ridiculous

I have one of there online account for a few months, the interface is ok definitely not the best for friendliness, needs bit of time to get use to. What l don't get is the $5 monthly fee, to avoid you need to deposit $2000 each month. Really not worth it.

Walter

WalterAdelaide

I need 3 phone calls to have the bonus interest applied

When you ask for the bonus interest the ANZ applies it for a period of 3 or more months. When it expires you have to call them and ask for a new one to be applied.
My experience after 3 rounds of expired bonus interests:
- after the first call they say it takes 2 business days to apply it. But it won't happen.
- you need to call a 2nd time, sometimes you need to call a 3rd time.
- in the mean time they save 1-2 weeks on the bonus interest.
- And you wait 30min every time you call them.
Just the worst customer service...

Unsuspector

The ANZ can't even do a simple rollover of an investment on time

They need 2 days to rollover, so robbing the customer of 1 or 2 days bonus interest. Just a few cents but the skinflints would still rob you! How low/cheap!

They told me I should have called 10 days before the expiry due! 10 days to do a simple extension? And anyway, when I rang 10 days before they told me to ring closer to the expiry date. Hopeless.

AmayzingoneSydney, NSW

This is the best bank account ever. But Nobody gets it. Here is the best banking advise you'll get!

Nicki.m

Nicki.m

Less interest than stated!

jimbojames

jimbojamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be wary of the bonus interest offer

Current offer is 4.25% base rate plus 1.75% bonus interest, valid until mid 2012. It was as such at the time we opened the account, the representative telling us the bonus interest was effectively 'indefinite'. Have since had two months where the bonus has not been paid and customer service advises the bonus is only payable for the first three months of the account. Examining options for further complaint through external channels as this is clearly a misrepresented product. Steer clear.
Competetive rate, when paid as per agreement
Product misrepresented, bonus interest only valid for three months

J_xo

J_xoVIC

This account is brilliant! I love how its a 'no frills' account but it seems to do everything I need it to do! I like how the interest goes into my account (and its more than what I was expecting) so Far I have had this account for a couple of years now and ANZ have been a pleasure to deal with. No real hassles or issues. If your after a Savings account that you can access online that has no fee's and puts interest in your account then this is for you!
No fees but most of the major banks offer this with there savings account
Must already be an ANZ customer to use this product (although for me this didn't matter cause I was already with them)

Platycat
Platycat

If you go to this site you will be able to get higher interest than the normal 4%--you can get 6% at the moment and keep your eye on the site as they change it from time to time