Apollo Stainless Steel 5000Ltr Slimline

Apollo Stainless Steel 5000Ltr Slimline

1.0

Crap tanks purchased by plantation homes

I purchased my house less then four years ago. I have tea staining on this tank since the first three weeks of being build. My tank is now splitting from the spot welds on the bottom seam of the tank, just a matter of time before a complete failure. I called plantation homes thinking I had a ten year warranty and was told this company has gone bust. They then told me that they hold no responsibility for any outstanding warranties. I never purchased this through Apollo, I purchased it through plantation they were the company that chose to use them not me. I really think it's poor form from them not to help and wipe their hands of this matter. I will be no looking to fair trading for their advice.

Water Tanks Are Meant To Hold Water, Right?

Terrible, worst tanks ever, bought 2 for home supply as we are not on town water. Where do I start? They leak, you can't tighten up the screws, the water just pours out more, the paint flakes off don't bother paying extra for that. Since when does stainless steel rust, yes this is what attracted me to this very bad product. We now have poly tanks that cost half the price and actually hold water. Stay well away! Wish someone posted about this company before we wasted our money.

Worst of the worst,do yourself a huge favour and stay away from Apollo tanks.

We bought 6000 litre Apollo "stainles steel" tank about 2 years ago and it started rusting almost straight away.When I contacted them they just didn't want to know and told us to spray some rust inhibitor on.
And now the tank has failed completely and started leaking badly where the welds between 2 sections came apart.And again apollo refuse to honor the 10 year warranty.

Lynette N.

Lynette N.

Apollo provided poor service and poor ethics

karen62

karen62Brisbane

Do not ever deal with this company

builder

builderBrisbane/Gold Coast

Apollo Tanks should not be in buisness - Tank not fit for purpose

MARKL

MARKLSouth East Queensland, QLD

POOR QUALITY PRODUCT - EVEN WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Tank installed as part of a Plantation Homes package - three years later the tank burst due to corrosion. After chasing Apollo numerous times I then contacted Plantation. Apollo then responded making a time to repair the issue ...booking got cancelled by them and rescheduled. They did turn up ...a girl and scruffy offsider then took photos and said they couldn't to anything and that the office would be in touch. No word one week later despite 2 e mails chasing. My advise : don't buy anything from Apollo Tanks ...you are guaranteed two thing : products that don't last and customer service that sticks !

barbaraann.ayton

barbaraann.aytonQueensland, Australia

No response from 2 phone calls and email contact via their website

18 mth old water tank, obviously out of warranty if warranty is only 12 months. However, I have left 2 messages for someone to call me from Apollo Tanks, and requested contact via Website, asking if not covered under warranty, at least to advise who can repair item - no response. Just as well they don't have Facebook site I'm thinking, otherwise they would have a number of unsatisfied customers giving poor reviews. Will never recommend these guys.

Same Problem!

I have currently given them 10 working days to remove my tank and refund me or Department of Fair Trading here we come with all our documentation inc photos and videos and every email.

Gary SadlerPottsville

Not fit for purpose

Kgaudry
Kgaudry

Ian Hawkins

Ian Hawkinsasked

Have also had very similar problem, purchased a powder coated, stainless steel tank to prevent tea staining and alais exactly the same problem, within weeks of installation it began rusting and told to use a rust rid spray product, which has not been a solution. Now the tank is very badly stained and leaking, when contacting Apollo was asked to provide photo's which I did only to receive no response, when I followed up it was claimed they did not receive the emailed photo's so resent and again, no response then after contacting Apollo again still zero response.
I have very heavy staining which is spotted all over the tank and many of the (stainless steel?) screw points are leaking. This customer service provided by this company is dodgy and the tank is not fit for purpose. Now 12 months after the tank was installed it will provide another excuse not to provide service.
Dissapointed!!!

Gary Sadler

The tank has failed completely. Screw points have pulled thru leaving large holes on both sides, The tank is beyond repair. Apollo were contacted over several days to speak to the Mgr. Day 4 I had success. The Mgrs response was the leaks are the result of being to close to the surf, and once leaks occur deteriorate rapidly. It seems to me rubber seals on screw points failing has nothing to do with the tank placement to the surf. Apollo advised - Long term leakage has caused the tank failure due to the tank leaking since September 2013. As per our warranty, long term leakage is also an exclusion to warranty eligibility.Unfortunately, due to the above circumstances, we are unable to meet your request for a warranty claim. The warranty provisions published on 22nd Jan 2013 indicate a 10 year manufacturing warranty from the date of sale. The warranty has now changed to 1 year manufacturing warranty from the date of sale. Says it all regarding my view the product is not fit for purpose.