Apple iPod Shuffle (1st Generation)

Apple iPod Shuffle (1st Generation)

MPN: MP3001PX765AA

3.5

David

David

This is a Great product that I got second hand for 5 British pounds

11/10 for commuting to high school.
Great battery life
I struggled to find a usb plug that worked with it
I use it on a daily basis
It's even great for the shower or bath because you can easily connect it to a cheap speaker with a 3.5" headphone jack and if you get a decent one, Its really great! It's even replaces my phone in that role

amckern

amckernAU

Bricks to eaily

If you get a first gen with NO firmware upgrades, the thing will brick if you attempt to perform an upgrade.

I went though 6 of them in 12 months, and then just gave up trying to update the firmware

I would recommend to purchase a 3rd gen iPod shuffle, or a proper 7th gen iPod
Its an apple product
Bricks when attempting to perform firmware upgrades

rebo28

rebo28

Good

The first of this kind, it is easy to see why the iPod shuffle was an immediate hit. The sound quality was excellent and although the half-a-gig was quite small it allowed for enough songs to be shuffled without getting boring. Although it rattles around in your pocket a bit, it's scratch resistant and quite hardy. Of course, now with upgrades like voice over and screens, you would only be interested in buying this iPod as a first iPod or a cheap one with the desired Apple quality.
Verdict: A good starter
Small and slim, easy to upload songs, easy to control
Funny shape to put in your pocket when jogging etc, small harddrive

Mythic

Mythic

Good

A great little product, but you can only grab them on auction sites now. Nice starter ipod for a kid if you can get your hands on one, though to be honest, these were upgraded for a reason.
This thing goes the distance, I've had mine for over five years now and it STILL works, even though I've upgraded and bought other ipods since then. Cute design, simple and clean cut, easy to use. Price was low too.
Doesn't sell this model anymore. Lack of a clip means the newer shuffle is a better buy if you want it to work out with.

mimi11

mimi11Australia

Good

i would suggest any one whos looking for a cheap affordable mp3 player buy one of these its better than other cheap ones
small, cute and cheap and can be used for a usb stick too there is quite a few cases out there for it too which are really good i have a few myself and they only $2 each so i have lots of colours to chose from. it is so easy to use because you dont have to go to the menu and pick a song so its good if you dont really care about wich song it comes up with
its headphones broke pretty quick so i just used my old ones which were good and its battery life isn't very good it only lasts a couple of hours

kade1234

kade1234Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

OK

I purchased this product as I was after something small and ultra portable. The Ipod Shuffle was a low price and simple looking so I decided on that.

I like the form factor of the product as it is the same as a standard USB key. Although the unit itself is durable the software is not.

I found that mine crashed and stopped working a few times. It ended up being repaired at the Apple Service Centre. This happened a few times. The technician at the store told me that the Windows USB drivers will corrupt the Shuffle in some cases.
A good low priced device that is simple to use.
No screen so don't put too many songs on it. It broke down a few times as there is a fundamental fault in the design.

Roronoa

RoronoaVictoria, 3106

All_Members

All_Members

Good

You can pick one of these up really cheap now, as I did because they were just bringing out the new shuffle. Well worth the money spent. My biggest problem, is this was our families first experience with MP3 players/iPods, so we all fight over it, which means now I'm buying a couple more, though of the brand new ones just out this month. Will review those when I get them...stay tuned.
I bought this for my son last year and it has been great. It is small, cheap, easy to work for young kids.
Probably that it has no screen, but neither do the new shuffles, so if this is your price range, it's really not a problem.

minijumbuk