Aprilia SXV 5.5 SuperMoto

Aprilia SXV 5.5 SuperMoto

5.0 from 1 review

I love the SXV, but it's not really practicle for any purpose other than hooning or racing. Can't really do long rides due to the fuel range and the total lack of comfort in the seat. I always have a blast and get off the bike with a smile on my face.
I have the '06 SXV, these bikes look hot and go hard. This thing has insane power delivery and handling, almost impossible to keep the front tyre on the road and a blast for wheelies or stoppies. I've got over 7,000 pretty hard kms on the bike and she's still running strong with no major dramas (see engine replacement below). Am thinking of racing her this season.
The '06 had the engine replaced in '07 under warranty due to faulty engine seals. The seat is really, really uncomfortable. It drinks more fuel that our family car and is a handful to ride sedately. The 8 litre fuel tank gives me a range of around 100kms, depending how I ride.