Arlec Movement Activated Sensor Security Light

Arlec Movement Activated Sensor Security Light

1.2

katman

katmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality Assurance? I don't think so!

Bought the Arlec MAL240. Absolute garbage! It worked for a few days, before going into the 'Random Frenzied Flickering' Mode', Night, and/or day, It had a mind of its own!

No more Arlec products for me.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

AllanM

AllanMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Promising ARLEC Product is a FAIL

If one spends $180 at Bunnings to buy what appeared to be the top of the range security light you’d expect it to work reliably.
It doesn’t; just flashes on- off-on-off ... irrespective of settings, power circuit, masking of sensor, ... whatever we try or bench test. Arlec should replace or credit.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Duncan

DuncanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beyond worthless (Arlec 36W Triple Head LED Security Sensor Light)

Constant false triggering (Arlec 36W Triple Head LED Security Sensor Light)
Purchased recently and installed by a professional electrician. Branch and leave movement causes the lights to go on constantly throughout the night much to the annoyance of the neighbour living below us across the street. We're pretty annoyed too. There is NO sensitivity adjustment on this light, only range! Will be returning - pity Bunnings/Arlec won't be covering the electrician costs.
This product isn't actually on Arlec's website - I strongly suspect they've pulled it given these problems and Bunnings is just running down their existing inventory of it.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

Products

Find out how Arlec Movement Activated Sensor Security Light compares to other Products

Felix J.

Felix J.South East Queensland, QLD

Worst motion sensor.

Motion sensor wouldnt work. Cheap, poor construction. Expensive for what you get. Bought it at Bunnings they need to pull this product from their line. I have heaps of smart devices and have installed with no issues.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Oleg

OlegCentral Queensland, QLD

Honestly, it is peace of crap

bought security lights from Bunnings. Worked 1 day then app stopped finding it. Working at the day time or just randomly start lighting. Will not ever buy this brand again. Just a waste of my time.

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$59.00.

iiJeebz

iiJeebzTasmania

Poor quality materials and faulty out of the box.

Had an Arlec MAL925 motion sensor LED light installed. Guess what? It doesn't work... Well, we managed to get it to work 2 times after testing it on the bench and not in situ by randomly turning power on and off. We followed instructions 100% as to how to get it to work manually and automatically, but to no avail. So, a nice waste of money paying an electrician for their time (including the time testing the light itself). Just as useless as the Arlec 2000W heater we purchased for the bathroom.

Purchased in April 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$45.00.

Dennis H

Dennis HSydney, NSW

Total waste of money

Purchased this light from Bunnings, had it installed by a qualified electrician, and it worked fine, until we noticed the next day that it was coming on in the day. We've tried every adjustment, but it appears the daylight sensor is not working at all and we will have to pay our electrician to come back and take the light down, and then pay him to come back again to install the new light (and that definitely won't be an Arlec).

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$49.90.

Shona8

Shona8Far North Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

Waste of money being returned to bunnings. Wont connect to app cant contact support without taking photos of product its ridiculous. Hard wired in properly. Followed very poor FAQS no actual trouble shooting. Disgusted. March 2020.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Jenni

JenniPerth, WA

Cheap and nasty

I bought 5 Arlec LED outdoor sensor with twin globes (model MAL300)

Only 1 work half decent.

The rest of sensors work erratically and sometimes do not work (with one, I literally have to stand right In front of it and wave continuously like a madman). It claims that sensor picks up to 10m....only between 1 to 2 m. Light output is okay, but no as bright as I would expect for a 11w globe.

Poor product and poor quality control. Had to get my electrician to come back to take them all 5 down and replace with another brand which work like a charm.

Do not waste your money and extra electrician cost. I am writing this review to save others the hassle.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$20.00.

Ele eng

Ele engSydney, NSW

Utter garbage. Needs readjusting every week!

Utter garbage. Needs readjusting and resetting every week. Amazing that they don't design and test instead of guessing.

First and last Arlec outdoor lighting product.

Back to HPM brand, have installed many and never had an issue with them.

Crap, crap total CRAP!!!! Do not buy!

Crap! Crap! Crap!!!! I’m on my second set (2 units) one worked for three days, the other never worked at all. The first units never worked at all. Dont buy these pieces of Chinese cheap junk!!! Shame on you Arlec!!!

So disappointed!

So misleading and disappointing. Does not perform as stated on the box. Virtually $175.00 wasted + cost for electrician to install. So now I'm stuck with a useless light. Daylight robbery.

Guruwa15

Guruwa15

Arlec MASSL - Comes on and stays on - so much for motion activated! Bad Electronics!!!!

Light stays on and the light won't go into auto mode! Even after following the instructions to switch it from manual to automatic or adjust timing, lumens or sensitivity it will not turn off. After reading all of the other reviews (same problem), I fully agree this item is not worth the money, would strongly recommend not to purchase this item.

Piece of CRAP !!

Absolute Crap, It simply doesn't work!! I should have stuck with my gut feeling, it looked and felt like crap the minute I unboxed it !!! Shame on a MAJOR retailer for selling crap like that !!!

are there some Quality Products out there?

are there some Quality Products out there?
I know King-Kong Quality ! Arlec Movement Activated Security Sensor Light used to be so 8$ which was good enough for the f....[but now 15$ at Bunnings] - it could be the tiny Relay Contacts [Light stays on after a While] but hey! I use 3x10W LED Lights it should not be too much for the Contacts -[ BTW- the Wattage is not indicated on the Box -just at the Instruction Manual 100W=Incadecent450VA=FL/CFL- but what about LED [Ha Ha] - all what it is a cheap kingkongelectronic !BTW switching it off for a While does not solve the Problem as some suggest

Norwest

Norwest

More Arlec rubbish.

I am trying to be objective here, purchased two Arlec items from Bunnings, an Arlec Movement Activated Security Sensor and a heater; both failed within a week.
So I can objectively say I have purchased my last Alec product ever!!!
I am surprised they are allowed to sell these 240 volt mains connected devices given the poor quality.

Satisfied

I hear what people are saying, but I have two of these lights out front. They can be a bit temperamental (wind, cars, cats etc) but I have had mine for well over ten years without too much trouble. I am just about to replace one as its making a noise when it turns on. However as I said it is over 10 years old and is out in all weather.
I will buy another Arlec as I feel I got my value for money.

Chris S

Chris SDarling Downs, QLD

Rubbish

This refers to the bunker sensor light. There is no adjustment for sensitivity. I put black tape over most of the sensor to avoid trees setting it off, but it still cycles on and off all night even when there is no wind or movement of any kind. i didn't keep the receipt. Waste of money and going in the bin.

Bazza

Bazza

Three out of three failed.

We bought three of these, the circular white type that fits over a baton holder. All have failed within two years. Bunnings isn't interested in helping. Absolute garbage. Buy any other brand.

Cowboyfan

CowboyfanCentral Queensland, QLD

Poor Quality

Remote sensor only lasted 2 days before it failed. Worked like it was supposed to initially and adjustment was easy enough. But on the 3rd night the light would no longer work and sensor had to be replaced with a better quality product.