Arlec Smart RGB+CCT Globe With Grid Connect

Arlec Smart RGB+CCT Globe With Grid Connect

MPNs: GLD120HA and GLD122HA
See the Best Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Arlec

4.3

Andrew
AndrewCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't Beat It For The Price

Whilst these light bulbs aren't as good as the Phillips Hue versions, nor are they $100 each.

These bulbs will produce 1050 lumens, so similar to the old school 100 Watt incandescent bulbs, but if you want to turn them down to the minimum brightness they are still quite bright - probably no good for a night light.

Setup is pretty easy, even with the clunky Grid Connect app, but after that initial hassle I use voice control with Google Home so I can tolerate it for a short time. You can set a timer to turn them on, or a timer to turn them off, and they can either be white or coloured - any colour you want.

With a price of $30 for 3 bulbs, they can't be beaten for the price.

Purchased in January 2022 at Bunnings Warehouse for $29.

John
JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unbeatable value for money

Excellent value for money and ease of use
Price point for a set of 3 @$29.95 is exceptional value for money compared to the competition which I have also purchased in the past .
Set up I found much easier,and work every bit as well to the more expensive brand .
You can also purchase individually for around $10 each which is a small outlay for such a great product

Purchased in November 2021.

Aaron
AaronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Not bad for the price.

Would be 5 stars if I could rest and reconnect. 1st time set up was relatively simple. Just stuck with it and eventually got there. Lights sometimes change from cold white to warm. Tried to change apps as grid connect app is OK but there are others out there that look and perform a little better(widgets, automations) . So tried to reset and have lost light connection all together won't reset or enter pairing mode.

Purchased in August 2021 for $29.

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Looking for a cheap and easy intro into smart home lighting...this is it.

• +1Thumbnail

Purchased in June 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $19.90.

Products

Find out how Arlec Smart RGB+CCT Globe With Grid Connect compares to other Products

Works like a charm

Have 17 of these and grouped set up works perfectly! Just ensure you have a 2.4GHz connection whilst setting it up. Once set up, you can go back to connecting your phone to 5GHz

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $24.95.

Pablo
PabloSydney, NSW

Arlec RGB Smart LED Globe

Arlec Smart globes are easy to set up and install ,turns any old lamp or light fitting into a smart light.
If you don't mind giving out you email just register with the Light app, put up with some blinking light and off you go.
The light is great for mood lighting, standard light or as I've got it , RGB decorative light behind my computer monitor ,I'm a gamer so it looks great breathing behind my screen cycling though colours softly in the background.
The app gives you a good level of control with other choices in dimming and colour ,you can also turn it on and off from your phone, great product.

Steve I.
Steve I.asked

Is it possible to control multiple globe rather than each one individually

Peter

Sure thing. You can assign a collection of globes a group name. For example, I have a floor standing lamp that uses three globes in it. I can control them individually or using the group name turn them all on/off using the app or a smart assistant. Being able to still control them individually means I can also assign them separate colours (or levels of brilliance) individually. This is assuming you have the model globes that support this of course.

Alphazulu
Alphazulu asked

Install smart light with not issue, however the light is flicking in white mode, color mode flickers less. Any ideas what causes this?

Nik S.asked

The light just wont enter pairing mode (blinking). I tried to do the 5 times quick on & off so that it resets, but it doesn't even do that. Just switches on and off like a regular light.

jen_w1
jen_w1

Hi Nik - just got some of these and worked out that the issue was with our home wifi set up - we have a dual modem and have the usual set up via the 5gig rather than 2.4ghz. We set up a second home wifi for the 2.4ghz and then it has all worked smoothly. My mobile is happy to use the 2.4 set up at the moment but we can switch between quite easily if needed. Hope this helps

Nik S.

Thanks for that @jen_w1. I finally figured out what the issue was. The moment I was about to rage quit, I tried again and it worked. Basically I need to be faster through the on's and off's and it needed 4 on/off cycles. But yes for anyone who has the modem which have both 5 ghz & 2.4 ghz the lights will only pair when your mobile device is on 2.4 ghz. As a tech I always keep my devices on 5 ghz but I have my mobile connected to 2.4 ghz connection if I need to make changes to the lights. I have too many of these and I have paired all of them and timed the ones which are outside. works like a charm. Have a good day and stay safe.

meherenow7
meherenow7

For pairing, the globe needs to be powered on first. The turn it off and on 5 times. It doesn't need to be to quick, just a steady pace and count off/on 5 times. Then open the Grid Connect app, add a new device and do an auto scan. You will have to put in your wifi password at some point to make sure it can connect to the globe through the router. It doesn't matter if your phone is on 2.4/5 ghz, as long as your router is setup to be dual band it should have no issues.

Get an answer from our members and Arlec representatives

• MPN: GLD120HA and GLD122HA