Arlec Smart RGB+CCT Globe With Grid Connect

1 review
Pablo

PabloSydney, NSW

Arlec RGB Smart LED Globe

Arlec Smart globes are easy to set up and install ,turns any old lamp or light fitting into a smart light.
If you don't mind giving out you email just register with the Light app, put up with some blinking light and off you go.
The light is great for mood lighting, standard light or as I've got it , RGB decorative light behind my computer monitor ,I'm a gamer so it looks great breathing behind my screen cycling though colours softly in the background.
The app gives you a good level of control with other choices in dimming and colour ,you can also turn it on and off from your phone, great product.

Nik S.asked

The light just wont enter pairing mode (blinking). I tried to do the 5 times quick on & off so that it resets, but it doesn't even do that. Just switches on and off like a regular light.

jen_w1
jen_w1

Hi Nik - just got some of these and worked out that the issue was with our home wifi set up - we have a dual modem and have the usual set up via the 5gig rather than 2.4ghz. We set up a second home wifi for the 2.4ghz and then it has all worked smoothly. My mobile is happy to use the 2.4 set up at the moment but we can switch between quite easily if needed. Hope this helps

Nik S.

Thanks for that @jen_w1. I finally figured out what the issue was. The moment I was about to rage quit, I tried again and it worked. Basically I need to be faster through the on's and off's and it needed 4 on/off cycles. But yes for anyone who has the modem which have both 5 ghz & 2.4 ghz the lights will only pair when your mobile device is on 2.4 ghz. As a tech I always keep my devices on 5 ghz but I have my mobile connected to 2.4 ghz connection if I need to make changes to the lights. I have too many of these and I have paired all of them and timed the ones which are outside. works like a charm. Have a good day and stay safe.

meherenow7
meherenow7

For pairing, the globe needs to be powered on first. The turn it off and on 5 times. It doesn't need to be to quick, just a steady pace and count off/on 5 times. Then open the Grid Connect app, add a new device and do an auto scan. You will have to put in your wifi password at some point to make sure it can connect to the globe through the router. It doesn't matter if your phone is on 2.4/5 ghz, as long as your router is setup to be dual band it should have no issues.