Audi A3

Best car yet!!!!

I use my car daily to get to and from work and then on our interstate holidays. It’s always serviced when due and I only use premium petrol in it. This car is like flying on clouds!!!! It’s the best car I’ve ever driven and can say after owning this little beauty I will never buy a different brand car again!!!!

Purchased in June 2018.

Year2,016

Audi Problems

I bought this car second hand from BMW Doncaster which had done approx 30,000kms. Immediately after their 3 months warranty had to have wires replaced at Audi Burwood - cost $700 Now at 59,000kms I had to replace the transmission at a cost of $3,500 (not done by Audi as they want $5,000+), new brakes as they cannot be machined and now a problem with driver's door lock actuator. My daughter had a Hyundai which had done175,000 kms and my husband a Lexus with none of these problems. What is wrong with this so called perfect German car? I have noticed that Audi never respond to these written problems.

Purchased in June 2009 at BMW Dealers for $40,000.00.

Year2,009
Comfort

Performance to put a smile on your face

This car offers a perfect blend of a comfortable and luxurious daily drive with more than enough performance to put a smile on your face when you need some extra thrills. The cabin is superb with all the central console buttons and dials in perfect position, easy drive select modes depending on how you want the vehicle to respond, the DSG gearbox, for the most part, is flawless and offers an instant response with Quattro AWD. Great little package and a good alternative to Golf R for some extra style, class and prestige badge.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

My perfect car for the City life

This is the first time that I have been using the same car for more than 5 years and it has the space that I need for travelling with up to 5 people and also to have space for suitcases. I spent most of the time close to the city and it makes this car even better for parking and weekly tasks.
I have to say it is not cheap to look after it but when I bring to Audi for servicing my car has been look after perfectly almost like going to an Apple store and sometimes that it is what you want from a brand like Audi.
Yes my next car will be still an Audi but not sure when as my car still works perfectly

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

Audi approve plus vehicle

First time buying an Audi A3 approved plus vehicle purchasing it on May 2nd 2018 and it came with an Audi approved plus warranty for 24mths. Not even 1yr owning the vehicle the clutch had to be replaced. Then, 1month later on, the MMi speakers have ceased producing sound from the speaker system.

With the car being diagnosed by an Audi mechanic and they couldn't pin point the fault on the MMi system failing to produce music from the speakers. Worst case scenario replacing the whole system had amounted up to $8,000. On top of these problems the tyre pressure monitoring system intermittently activates on long trips and even though the tyre pressure is correct it still activates - Audi mechanics are unsure why this is being activated. This has been resolved in January 2019.

March 3, 2019 - a major fault on the gearbox had prevented me from driving out of work which has resulted the car being towed and delivered to Audi the next morning. A dash board warning had been activated warning me "gearbox malfunction you can continue to drive" which was impossible at the time as the car had loss power and the car being un-driveable. Audi has had problems in the past with the gearbox failing resulting significant loss of power. I'm actually quite glad this major fault occurred before driving on the highway as this could potentially be hazardous to other vehicles on the road.

Since owning the vehicle on May 2018 there has been 2 minor faults and 1 major fault.

Even though I received tremendous support from the service manager I am highly sceptical buying an Audi vehicle in the near future and this bad experience has left a bad taste on the reliability on Audi vehicles - I should have invested on a reputable vehicle. The mistake I made is not properly researching the reliability of audi vehicles, do yourselves a favour research it first before you buy an Audi. I swear there is a timer on my car when it's due to break down. Would I invest in an Audi in the nearby future - IT'S A BIG FAT "NO".

Purchased in May 2018 at Audi Dealers for $30,990.00.

Year2,014

LEMON

I bought an Audi A3 last year. Since I bought it, I had to change the clutch, radiator, breaks and the battery. Complete lemon.
Consider if you want to buy a good European car and bad European car.
And be careful when dealing with the VW group. Dodgy company. Just think about the emission scam and cheating on consumers, not too long ago.

BadgeAmbition
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Audi A3 Problems

My Audi A3 Cabriolet has done 59,000 kms and has been driven carefully. The first problem was so called "gold plated wires" being broken - Audi fixed this problem for approx $700. Now at 59,000 kms my transmission has gone and it will cost approx $4,000. Audi has had a recall on transmissions but not my car's model. When compared to my husband's Lexus which has done 98,000 kms (no problems so far) the Audi is an expensive car with many problems. I would not purchase any Audi again.

BadgeDo not know
BodyConvertible
Doors2
Date PurchasedDec 2009

This car is excellent.

This car is very cool, I use it to go to work every day, I will take my family to travel during the holidays, it is suitable for all kinds of occasions, looks atmospheric, beautiful, from the purchase to now has not appeared any quality problems, which is also very happy for me.

BadgeTDI Attraction
Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Power in a refined sedan

I have recently come from a Volkswagen Golf R, Even though these two cars have the same engine and very similar drive train. It was a great purchase and a well deserved upgrade. Everything in this car feels premium as you would expect from an Audi.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Awesome Audi S3

Purchased used - 3 years old with 16K on the clock. Have owned performance vehicles for a long time. This time it came down to an Evo X and the S3 sedan. Couldn't go past the DSG transmission. The vehicle looks pretty tame on the outside, but it's what's under the hood that counts. Performance to boot. Modifications are relatively cheap (dollar per HP gained) in order to extract more horsepower. The only niggle is that when you turn off the vehicle in "sports/dynamic" mode, when you turn it back on it says it's still in "dynamic" mode, but it actually isn't. You have to cycle through the drive modes to reactivate Dynamic mode.
Otherwise so far so good. Happy with the purchase.

BadgeS3
Date PurchasedMar 2018

S3 stylish..sassy...speedy....sexy

This car ticks all the boxes. Luxury of a roomy sedan yet sporty like a sports car. The S3 model is an absolute dream to drive and has many modes to change up the drive without feeling you are constantly in spirts mode. It’s punchy, yet elegant and a real head turner. Luxurious detail inside and clean, sporty lines. Economical for everyday use out of dynamic mode but track ready if you wish as a press of a button for a harder suspension revving ride. The note on this mode is aggressive to appease any rev head...yes even for a girly like me. Upgraded to S line package and sunroof so have all the bells and whistles. 14 speaker Bang and Olufsen sound system is heavenly for a full surround sound system. Faultless custom stitching Napa leather interior and brushed aluminium and black piano gloss trimming. Super lux. Highly recommend this car but next I’m upgrading to the RS3. Yeh Baby!

BadgeS Line
Date PurchasedJun 2015

Great car

We love our a3. The only issue is the shape of the drivers seat. Great on fuel and all the mod cons in the attraction 2015. We get almost 900km from a tank of fuel. It has enough space for us and our two kids and all of the shopping

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good performance car with lot of luxury only Oil consumption can be concern

Nice car with Turbo, Car has very good pickup and comfortable with 5 people. Very good and soundproof cabin on freeway driving and Bose speakers are best for music with 6 CD changer and 2 SD card for whole collection.

Only concern is topping up oil few times between service interval, and DSG issue recall. Otherwise happy with the car.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

An amazing car to drive. Worth it.

Amazing! This is what I am really talking about when mentioning european/german cars. It's full on comfort, the car has very nice extra features installed. The engine is quiet as well, in the interior you will hear close to nothing. The car's exterior also looks amazing as well, overall I am happy.

Badge(No Badge)
Engine Size1.9
Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love this car

Close to perfect. So comfortable to drive. Quiet, smooth, reliable. Fantastic sound system- we got the 10 speaker option. Excellent finish and build quality.
Every Bluetooth/GPS gadget you can imagine. Parks like a dream, corners like a demon, looks cool and understated.
Drives great and has some serious grunt when you need it. Highly recommended!

Engine Size1.6
Date PurchasedSep 2017

Best car I have ever owned!

I am in love with my Audi A3! The finish and build quality are superb, and the performance and handling are just as good! It has a very high equipment level, is awesome to drive and look a million dollars. I have had no reliability problems at all. I have always admired the brand, and my current experience only reinforces my admiration.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Love it

Havent had any big problems with it. servicing costs is expensive and the break is a little too sensitive but some people like that. Good performance and a nice zippy car for quick metro rides. Interior is comfy and trendy. Gps is pretty useless and not very user friendly. Overall satisfied.

BadgeTFSI Attraction
Date PurchasedAug 2016

A sound car to own and enjoy

Audi A3 just doesn't fail to amaze me, has had this for 3 years and has ever had any issues with it. Handling's good and is powerful for range. The only think I can think of is there's a very little turbo lag when starting from 0, can be slightly unresponsive Also, the back seat can be tight when 2 adults trying to sit at the back. Other than that, it's a highly recommended car.

TransmissionDCT
Date PurchasedMar 2015

Amazing value!

Jampacked with features and fantastic on fuel. Not really much else to say except that I'd recommend this car to anyone! If you're thinking of buying one go see Trivett Audi in Parramatta! Wouldn't of even considered an Audi if it wasn't for the whole team there, lovely people not push or hard to try and get your $$. If your lifestyle would fit a cheaper model, or smaller car that is what they will recommend for you.

BadgeS Line
Date PurchasedDec 2016

Perfect Convertible

Performance is great, handling is typically good like most audis, Convertible roof mechanism can be operated whilst driving under 50km per hour which is great. downside is small back seats. reliability has been good so far as no real faults after driving the car for over 2 years. Interior design is very nice

BodyConvertible