19Audi A5

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features
See the Best Cars in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Audi A513 reviews
eazy
eazyVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Unreliable nightmare

Required a new engine after less than 30k. I knew there was a problem with oil consumption but was repeatedly fobbed off by Audi Richmond who told me that using 1L of synthetic oil per week was “normal” :-). After repeat visits to the dealers they finally admitted that there was a problem and kept my car for 8 weeks whilst the engine was replaced. I found the service arrogant and irritating. I’ll never buy Audi again. Show details
Design
Review Account Guy
Review Account GuyVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Absolouteee Lemons!

I picked up a 2010 2.0T from a car lot on a novated lease, & wowww what terrible quality! The engine oil issue is horrid! 5 litres of oil a month mine was using! That's right, 5 (Five)!!

Audi didn't want a bar of it, 4 years old the car was! Because I was just out of warranty.

One slimey sales guy at Audi on King St tried to palm me off another same era P.of.Sh when I went in once of the many times to pick my fight with them. But acted like a browsing customer instead with him.

Completely ruined the brand for me, forever, and the approximate 1000 other people I've told my story to. I was silly and didn't do my homework, if you read this, and you buy a 2.0T you will DEFINITELY have major issues!  Show details

Jblmcc
CengoNSWIllawarra, NSW12 posts
Quincy
QuincyAUBIGNY4 posts

This is a great car

I bought this car mainly because I used it when I was off duty, and it greatly shortened my time on the road.

In my days when I go to work every week, I use it from Monday to Friday to make sure I won’t be late.

Will not,

I haven't found any problems with this car so far, everyone praised my car.

Winston
WinstonCANONBA4 posts
  F5
Kathy
KathySTIRLING4 posts

It's a great car

Compared to a sports car, it has a relatively poor performance, but compared to an ordinary car, he will be more outstanding performance.

Its interior is relatively low-key, compared to other new models will look more classic

Its operating costs in a normal acceptable range, I know this is a very reliable car.

BurntbyAudi
BurntbyAudiSAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

DO NOT BUY THESE CARS

Do not buy any Audi unless you are getting a warranty, and the older A5's are plagued with issues- transmissions are terrible and have known issue but Audi wont accept responsibility for them. The 2 litre petrol ones from 2008-2012 had a design flaw that had the going through 1 litre of oil every 300-500km's it took a class action lawsuit for them to accept that manufacturing error but they wont on the transmissions. Central locking fails for many people another issue they wont admit is poor manufacturing quality. Extremely disappointing cars by a dishonest and dishonourable company

Jay R
Jay RSydney7 posts
  F5
Bobby
BobbySydney
  A5

Disappointed with the manufacturing quality!

I lost faith in Audi completely. Bought my 2012 A5 3 litre petrol in October 2013 and been to Audi Service Center over 8 times in the last 18 months each time for different mechanical issues for a 2.5 years old car with 26,000km on the odometer. First the steering shaft cracked, then the reverse camera stopped working, after that rattling noises from inside, then the front wheel nut was missing and now I've got a notchy steering feel around 12 o'clock position that requires constant correction either left or right to keep the car going straight. Talking about Quality for a $120k luxury car!

stepback68