Wow what a car!!

This car is everything we thought it would be from the review and comparisons with other makes. The test drive was positive and we really liked the look and feel of the car. By coincidence we went in to the showroom and the car was on sale. The price was so good it was an easy choice to walk away knowing we would receive delivery in a few days. The dealer was extremely helpful as well. The car is great to drive, is really comfortable, roomy and performs well. The cruise control and lane keeping are great features. The only downside is leaving the car in public car parks.

Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedMay 2018

This is a great car.

I use it every day at work, including sending my children to school. I use it as a means of transportation for us to travel when my children are on vacation. It's very good and comfortable. Everyone in my family likes him very much.

Apart from normal maintenance, this car has not had any problems, which is the most deserving of my reassuring.

Especially for its appearance, I like it better.With sharp lines and a wide, aggressive stance, the A6 Sedan has an unmistakable presence. From the striking headlights to the iconic Singleframe grille, it combines elegance with sports styling. The extensive use of lightweight aluminium and high-strength, hot-shaped steels make for an extraordinarily lightweight body with extraordinary levels of strength, safety and rigidity.

BadgeBi-Turbo
Engine Size2.4
Date PurchasedJul 2017

Great car with now outdated extras

Was a bit skeptical when I bought it. Within a week i found out that imported cars are hard to maintain both to service and getting parts. It could be partly true, but overall I am satisfied with its performance and options that comes with it. The most unique thing I found was that I can raise the car up or down depending on the terrain. Specially helpful considering my driveway is a bit worn out and last car always scraped the concrete entering. Comes with GPS and Navigation but finding maps for Australia is really difficult. Some sites that claim to provide them charge unrealistically.

Badgeallroad
Engine Size2.5 TDI
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Economical, Luxurious and driving dynamics, what else do you need?

This car with the revised engine output and steering dynamics is a driving pleasure. Turn the dual to sport mode and constantly spin those front tyres at every launch as the green light turns.

All the technology in the optioned packs is awesome. Adaptive Cruise control, SIM card GPS, SD Card entertainment and WiFi is a nice package, as is DVD player. The standard sound system is good enough. The text and email reading is a bit hit and miss when you are on the move as you don't need all the email signature and other garb read out. The "mouse pad" takes some getting used to for right handers scrawling addresses to search.

Only downside the drinks holder in centre console for the backseat is constantly kicked by the kids and always half hanging out, and needs constant re-insertion. I have assumed this will break at some stage.

Turn the dial to economy mode and the computer adjusts all driving dynamics for best fuel consumption. This adds lag at the lights, but not overly. The suspension softens in comfort mode and good for general use, with a refined take off.

The dash is first generation digital so a bit of a 60:40 split with analogue dials in the latter proportion.

Big tip don't try to use the vehicle to jump start another car, the battery in the boot of the vehicle may seem ideally suited for this, but call RACQ or whoever you use.

Overall awesome package. My bottom of the range 2L petrol kept speeding infringements to a minimum but had enough kick to overtake trucks in a few seconds. With the adaptive cruise control keeping your speed in check on highways. The lane departure is nice but a bit gimmicky as it sends you from one aperture of a curve to the other around well linemarked bends.

Best fuel economy I achieved was around 5.7L/100km this was with cruise control set to about 105km/hr on the Bruce Highway with a solid run (rare for the Bruce Highway).

Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedMay 2015

ME TOO - TWICE!!

I LOVED that car - until - we had the same problem as another reviewer. The engine blew with an unservicable part. Replaced the engine at some considerable cost, only to have the same thing happen 3 years later. We decided to cut our losses and not try for a third time - didn't feel that lucky. The NRMA guys who attended to my breakdown told me this was a common problem as did the tow truck guy. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. A beautiful car just abandoned because of one unservicable part. I would love to get another Audi but just couldn't. I also have a Merc 280SL and 300CE and even though they break down - they can be fixed.

Badge$50,000
Engine Size4.2
Date PurchasedApr 2005

very desecnt car

i purchased a 2006 3.0 diesel quattro audi a6, which cost me 19000 bucks, diesel car is very powerful, 0-100 km 7.4 sec which could make me good drive on sydney road What a great car! Refined luxury, nicely finished inside. Has heaps of smooth power with excellent fuel economy (5.5L/100Km). Plenty of leg and head room for us tall people. Great sound system. Easily the best car we have owned. Audi Sutherland sales and service above average.

BadgeBi-Turbo
Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedSep 2006

Beautiful, refined vehicle. A pleasure to drive.

We purchased a 2015 Quattro 3L demo Sline, fully optioned. What a great car! Refined luxury, nicely finished inside. Has heaps of smooth power with excellent fuel economy (5.5L/100Km). Plenty of leg and head room for us tall people. Great sound system. Easily the best car we have owned. Audi Sutherland sales and service above average.

Engine Size3.0
Date PurchasedOct 2016

Fantastic car if it's comfortably in your budget

Within 5 minutes of my test drive I had a huge grin on my face. Lovely car! I read a reviewer complain about Audi Sydney, I have similar complaints about Solitaire in Adelaide, don't think I'll buy another car from them.I turned down an E400 demo car for this Audi, it's that good. You should drive one before passing it for the Merc.

BadgeTDI quattro
Engine Size3L

Refined and quiet

I have owned several Audi's, but this A6 is by far the best. Quattro, v6, Bose sound system. A great car. Beautiful interior. Service at Audi Sydney is terrible and disorganised however.

Great Car

I got the Quattro 3L turbo diesel in 2009 and have enjoyed every minute of owning it. Much better than the previous A6. Just be careful if you are going to get it services at Pennant Hills Audi - they left tiny scratches all over the car and denied it completely.
Absolute pleasure to drive
Service and repairs can be expensive

Terrible

This was a very expensive car and the dealer was very arrogant about warranty work. Although this brand is respected, I have lost all respect for it. I even went to Ingolstat in Germany to complain but got no joy at all. They said Audi Australia puts the tyres on and AA said they had no problem with those tyres. Why then did they stop using them and go to Pirellis??? Buyer beware.
Great Diesel motor. Air lift suspension Ok. Nice looking car. Fun to drive. Had some capability off road.
Came with 1 ply rating sidewalls in Good Year tyres. They all blew out. Audi Australia nor the dealer would help. Spare tyre is a fool of a thing. Try to inflate it with the pump supplied in the dark and you will see why I will never again buy an Audi.

BodyWagon
I know two other owners who have had tyre problems with this model. Audi really need toa ddress this.I had the same problem with Pirellis on an A4, the front tyres were bald after 35,000 kms on bitumen

Looks good.

I have had 2 Audi A6 bought from Audi Parramatta. Both we very bad. The latest one the engine blew and it cost me $5000 to pull the engine out and fix the cylinders. The part that caused the damage was a part that can't be serviced. This part should last 200,000 to 300,000 km but it snapped and bent the valves. No cover or responsibility taken by Audi. The car was serviced there from new. When you buy a brand luxury car take it to your local mechanic. This way you wont get some apprentice stuffing your car up.
Looks good
Bad quality all round. Had 2 of them and both had major problems

BodySedan

We have a Quattro 3.0 - a fantastic car. It is a great car with lots of features - both for safety and convenience. It it a truly classy car that you can slip around in without shouting "look at me" like so many other cars on the market today. Better value vehicle than comparable new australian type sedans.
It is a Quattro so sticks to the road like velcro - seriously! A dream to drive - feels really safe and has fantastic vision. Everything is within easy reach of the driver.
More cup holders??!!!

BodySedan

Bad

Our Audi A6 TDI Quattro has all the hallmarks of a lemon. Within the 3 yr new car warranty period we had to have the transmission replaced, the turbo replaced and it has constant electrical faults. Our second Audi and nothing like our first. Even worse, Audi Australia (which is obviously aware of all the warranty claims) has never contacted us to discuss the car's poor quality. Oh, incidentally, it has always been serviced on time at Audi dealerships. Next car will probably be a Lexus - we have heard the after-sales service is second to none.
Great performance, easy to drive, intuitive systems.
Poor quality engineering.

BodySedan

Great performance vehicle. Excellent road handling especially in wet weather. Solid, reliable and feels very safe to drive. Had a Holden Caprice prior and wanted something smaller without compromising on the little extras (although the cabin storage did not measure up at all to the Holden). Comfortable vehicle for all passengers and I would highly recommend to any purchaser. Would definately buy again.
Have an A6 2007 TDI turbo diesel with sat nav and moon roof. Love the way the vehicle handles especially in wet weather, windy roads, corners and tight curves. Great looking vehicle with high comfort in the cabin. Seats are particularly comfortable on long journeys. Love the satelite navigation and this version is easy to use. Diesel engine is quiet and very economical. Nice roomy boot.
Lack of useable storage space in the cabin. Sunglasses holder is too small for any type of sunglasses other than the clip on variety. Only has one small cup holder and has a poor excuse for a glovebox.(Probably is only designed to hold gloves!) No magazine/paper holders for the rear passengers. This lack of storage means my car becomes untidy quite often.