Australia Post Questions & Answers

eParcel, Shopmate, Offices, etc...

9,561 questions from our users

Mark C.

Mark C.asked

Australia Post

Hi. I would like to know when will I receive this parcel please. From China CP424371979CN arrived in Sydney 8th Feb, awaiting clearance. Posting to Sydney as well.

LBD

LBDasked

Australia Post

Hi I have sent a parcel to India from Australia on 18th Jan. The last scan shown is on the 28th Jan. I was told to wait until March and then to enquire about it if it still hasn’t been delivered. Would you please be able to check up on this parcel for me. Thank you. The tracking number is CF138431759AU.

Ricky S.

Ricky S.asked

Australia Post

Hi. I was supposed to receive my package by Feb 25th but I still haven't received it. Its supposed to be express international delivery. ET154478729AU

lily c.

lily c.asked

Australia Post International Postage

CH117053549AU says processed by carrier how long will it take to reach India its not been air lifted pls reply

Andy h

Andy hasked

Domestic Parcel Post (Standard)

Hi I was just wondering if my two parcels with the tracking number are here yet please, as I have paid good money for them.

RC606273613DE
RC221958265IT

Alice B.

Alice B.asked

Australia Post International Postage

Why has my package been processed by the air carrier 5 times? My package is coming to New Zealand

Hey Alice,

This scan can indicate all sorts of things while the parcel is with the air carrier. It could indicate sorting to a different flight or to a different airport as the air carrier works to schedule it on an outbound flight.

International mail is pretty heavily impacted by the ongoing pandemic but you can check current estimated transit times to New Zealand here: https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-updates

Rysa

Rysaasked

Australia Post International Postage

Hi i was wondering where my package is, it’s showing processed by air carrier for several days.

I am the receiver and my tracking number is CF138992285AU

Hi Rysa,

This is a normal tracking event you may see multiple times while a parcel is in transit internationally.

This parcel was only posted a few days ago so you will have to allow quite a bit more time for it to arrive. Looks like it's coming to India which currently estimate to take 9-25 business days: https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/international-delivery-updates

That means delivery may not be until around the 31st of March. You may or may not see more 'processed by air carrier' tracking updates, these aren't particularly important. The next tracking update you want to look out for is when it arrives into India but this may not be until much closer to the end of March.

-Casey

Ted E.

Ted E.asked

Australia Post

Hey! I have an order that has been sitting on "In transit to next facility in ..." for almost a week. Since the flight from the previous facility is at maximum 2 hours, I'm wondering how it has been in transit for 6 days? The tracking number is LB404707104US.
Thanks for your help :)

Hi Ted,

Standard international mail travels the same way as regular parcel post once in Australia. That means it will generally travel by road or surface mail rather than by air.

Looks like this is coming to you in Tassie so given today is now the 4th business day since it was processed in Melbourne, it was expected to reach you by now. It's likely been held up by a transport delay and will hopefully be out to you as soon as tomorrow but if you'd like to please send me a private message with your full name and address it's coming to along with your best contact phone and email, I can get a case up and running to keep an eye on it for you and investigate further if not with you shortly.

Alisha l.

Alisha l.asked

International Express

ET154579957AU - hello i bought something from australia and it left on february 1st. it was sent as express. I’m in canada and i need it for march 12th. I ordered it so it could get it and now i’m just worried. a whole month and nothing is moving. will it at least touch canada soon. i’m getting worried

HI Alisha,

Looks like we got it to the airport and cleared for departure the same day it was posted so based on our estimates of 10-20 business days, we do expect it to reach you in time for the 12th.

It might be a good idea to let your sender know it hasn't arrived yet as they can get in touch with us to get an investigation underway if we don't see arrival into Canada shortly but we're right on that 20 business day estimate now so I'd expect to see it scanned into Canada and then out for delivery very soon.

Sonya L

Sonya Lasked

Australia Post

I would like to enquire regarding a parcel that is awaiting clearance in Perth. Tracking indicates that it arrived 19 February but there have been no updates since.

The tracking number is

LW523564074DE

Since 2 weeks has lapsed I wanted to know what would be a reasonable time to wait.

Hey Sonya,

Looks like your parcel is at a post office ready for collection today :)

I've replied in detail on your other post but I'll copy that information here in case others reading this have a similar question:

To answer your question, 'awaiting clearance' refers to your parcel going through all of the necessary border control screening and checks anything coming into the country has to go through. If you've ever travelled internationally, think of it as going through security immigration at the airport where you get screened, answer a few questions and get your passport stamped.

All mail has to go through this clearance procedure and any suspect items or parcels requiring import duties are then forwarded on to Customs. Items that are not required to go through Customs are cleared and then enter our domestic postal network.

This clearance time can vary greatly as it depends on how much mail and other freight is coming into the country and how busy border authorities are at any given time. Sometimes a parcel can be cleared and handed over to us within hours but other times it can take several days or even a couple of weeks.

One frustrating thing is that we don't see on the tracking any indication when a parcel has been cleared. The only time we can confirm that it has entered our network is when it gets scanned at one of our facilities. This may not be until it's reached the delivery location such as in your case. This could mean that there is a bit of a gap in the tracking while the parcel is in transit to you after being cleared. That appears to have been the case here as based on your location, your parcel was likely cleared around a week ago and had been in transit during the past week to your location in SA where it has arrived today.

I hope this information is helpful if you find yourself in this situation again. I'd generally recommend allowing around a week for clearance and then any additional transit time from the location it's arrived into Australia and your delivery location. If an item is taking longer than that, the best thing to do will be to let the sender know you haven't received it so that they can contact the postal service used to send it to you to get an investigation underway if necessary.

Vash Taru

Vash Taruasked

Australia Post International Postage

It has been a week and the website still shows the same status' Processed by air carrier' is there any real update on the same ...the item has been shipped from aus to India...here is the tracking number LP105296781AU..please advice the current status. Thanks in advance

Hi Vash,

We currently estimate standard mail to India to take 9-25 business days so you may need to give this a fair bit more time before you'll see an update advising arrival in India

This was only posted on the 12th of Feb so today is just the 11th business day now. Delivery is estimated by 19th of March so you may not see much further tracking until much closer to that date. This estimate is also only intended as a guide so it may be necessary to allow additional time but so far everything looks well on track for it to arrive ion time :)

Amelia L.

Amelia L.asked

Domestic Express Post

Hi, I was told by my seller that my parcel was posted on Friday 27th Feb 2021 but it has been 3 days and it still shows up as Pending and has not been scanned!! Here's the tracking number: 0307061825223006000993. Please update me with what's going on?!??

HEAD
HEAD

?????????????????????????? I dont work for aust post ask them

Hey Amelia,

If this was only posted on Friday, I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of scans, today is only the second business day since then. Depending on where it was posted from and where its heading to, it may take several business days to reach a facility near you before it will receive a scan.

If you know where it was posted from, you can use this web page here to see how long it is likely to take and how many business days to allow for: https://auspost.com.au/service-updates/domestic-delivery-updates

Maz Casked

International Standard

Hello AP team, RU634646404GB and RU634646395GB were posted together from UK on 15th Feb, left UK on 16th Feb. RM International Signed (tracking in UK and signature on delivery). No further scans. I believe you guys have more access to tracking deets than I do and might be able to tell me if there's any Aus scans and dates for these numbers?

Thanks for your help :)
-Marianne

Hi Maz,

Happy to help! I've looked at these items internally and we do have an update to say they arrived in Australia today however it still needs to go through some internally processing and border clearance before it's given to us to complete delivery so please allow at least another week to see some scans on our website. I hope it's delivered soon!

Yassss thank you! :D

Juan Allenasked

Australia Post

Hi, the most recent update for my parcel is still "Delayed – waiting to be processed for delivery", it has not changed since Wednesday 24th of February, and today is March 1st. Tracking number is RPP4463900051000907068606, delivery was expected on Tuesday 23/Feb.

Hi Juan,

This one is definitely delayed which I do apologise for. Are you the sender or receiver of this item? We'll need the sender to contact us so we can start an investigation for this as it should have arrived by now.

Hi Priscila, I am the sender Thanks

Hi Juan,

Can you please send me a private message with the following details?

Full name
Contents value
Postage paid

Matt Kasked

Australia Post

Hello there, I'm tracking down a couple of parcels, one of which hasn't been updated in 5 weeks (23 January). The tracking code for the longest wait is CY156470073DE and defined as "Cleared and awaiting international departure".
Looking for any help/reassurance I can get. Thank you in advance!

Hi Matt,

I recommend asking the sender to check with Deutsche Post to find out how long the parcel should take to arrive to Australia. Because of the pandemic parcels are taking much longer than usual and I see standard parcels take a month to be delivered but every country is different so the sender should be able to give you a better idea of when it should arrive here. If it's passed the timeframe to arrive the sender will need to follow up with Deutsche Post.

Matt K

Thank you Priscila, I’ll follow up at your suggestion! All the best.

EASWAR K.

EASWAR K.asked

Australia Post International Postage

It's just showing "processed by air carrier" from so many days(I am a receiver)
Here is my tracking number LP105254818AU
Can u give any update on how many days more it's going to arrive

Hi Easwar,

Right now standard parcels to India are taking over 25+ business days to be delivered so please allow more time for it to arrive. There are delays because of the lack of flights operating and right now the air carrier are trying to get your parcel to India. Once it does arrive in India you will see an update on our website to say so.

dylmate

dylmateasked

Domestic Express Post

hi my parcel says it was meant to be delivered friday 26th feb and now saying waiting to be processed for delivery what does that mean
FX6240291101000965006

Hi Dylmate,

I can see this has been delivered today :)

Susan H.
Susan H.

Australia post can you please help me with the Same question? What does waiting to be processed for delivery actually mean? My sender posted on wednesday morning via express ppst. Was due friday but never arrived and now says the above

Jade B.

Jade B.asked

Hi There,
I ordered a dress on Tuesday express delivery for an event this evening and it was due to arrive yesterday.
The tracking now says ‘waiting to be processed for delivery’
Does this mean it is in Perth and can simply be picked up from somewhere?!

Tracking number 333GC501539101000960302

Hi Jade,

I'm very sorry I didn't get back in time for your event and that the parcel didn't make it in time also, I hope you were able to find an alternative. I can see that this one has been delayed in our network which I know is frustrating. Your parcel has no scans into Perth yet as it should and I recommend asking the sender to contact us so we can start an investigation for this, I also recommend speaking to them about what options you have for your order.

Lydiaasked

Hello!

I've ordered a parcel from the US on Feb 11th and it says on the Auspost website that it is now 'in transit in Perth Airport'. It has said this since Wednesday and I was wondering how long will this process take and if you could possibly give me an estimated time of delivery? My tracking number is LX736795939US

Thanks!

Hi Lydia,

I can see that this item is now in Perth today and is on its way to your local delivery centre, it should be there by Wednesday but could even arrive as early as tomorrow! The next scan you'll see is once it's at your local delivery centre then goes out for delivery shortly after.

Awesome thank you!!

Het P.asked

Australia Post International Postage

Cy103717685auTracking number still waiting for parcel to be delivered to India can you get me an update to it where the parcel actually is?

Its almost 22 days

Hi Het,

Your parcel is still on its way to India and we're estimating up to 25 business days plus to India for standard parcels. This is because of the lack of flights there are during the pandemic. Once your item is in India you will see an update to say that it's arrived there. I do hope it arrives there soon!

Get an answer from our members and Australia Post representatives