Avanti Cookie Press and Icing Set

Avanti Cookie Press and Icing Set

mobe7759

mobe7759AU

Great fun!

Bought this many years ago, only just got around to suing for first time. Watched a few video recipes, glad I used the tip to use a buttered tray not paper and stick in fridge first - made big difference. Only downside is that it doesn’t hold much dough, got to keep refilling. Love the pretty shapes.

Do not purchase

Two uses - couldn't handle dough - thread on metal was not able to lock onto the plastic and kept popping off. Had to remove dough soften & lighten and try again - still couldn't handle pressure - then plastic cracked. As it was a Chrissy present - no receipt, so I am having to ask my daughter to see if she can find a proof of purchase. This is a waste of time and money. This is not a product that kitchen shops should stock.

Don't bother.

I used it ONCE to ice a cake. The plastic screw piece that holds the pipes in place cracked. This rendered the tool useless. I then tried to use it to make cookies but getting the consistency right for the dough to go through the different discs was difficult. As I couldn't return it I bought a hose clip to hold the pipes in place. Now it is useable.

Carole Dent

Carole DentAU

Disappointing - plastic lid should be metal

I've previously used all-metal cookie presses and this model wasn't coping with the cookie dough I've always used. Lid kept popping off then it broke completely: it's useless. I am now trying to contact the manufacturer with great difficulty.

A piece of junk

I bought this some time ok and my son and I just decided to use it. I found it to be very poorly made. Basically if the cookie dough or icing is quite stiff the plastic ends pop off the metal pipe. This happened again and again until I gave up in disgust. My son was very disappointed. I am back to bags and cookie cutters.

Ends popped off under normal amount of pressure.

hc85

hc85WA, 6255

Good all rounder

My husband bought me this for Christmas, not what I would usually pick up as I have only ever used icing bags but it was a pleasant surprise. It's quite versatile making it easy to interchange piping nozzles when cake decorating and fits all the standard piping tips. It also doesn't make half the mess a typical bag will. The cookie press is easy to use and makes the different shapes though it only makes very small 'baby size' cookies. All in all it's a pretty cool devise the only thing I could say against it is that it doesn't give you the smooth hand motion you would get with a piping bag. Clean up is quick as the whole thing easily comes apart.
Clean, easy for my young son to use
Doesn't quite give the mobile freedom a piping bag will