Avast

2.5

Rod Johnson

Rod JohnsonCentral Queensland, QLD

Continual Upsell

I've been an Avast user for a number of years but it seems you can NEVER purchase the "perfect" anti-virus product from them. No matter what you purchase they always want you to buy something better. They have become the "Do you want fries with that" anti-virus company. I'm a pensioner and this company has become too expensive for me so before my next automatic renewal I'll certainly be looking for an anti-virus product that gives you the complete package up front.

sianne

sianneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Used to love this but one stupid excuse has wrecked everything

Have used Avast for years for everything and loved it. I changed to an iPhone and they will not honour the subscription because they have said Google Play won’t let them transfer the service across. Solution is to buy another subscription. Not even an offer for a partial refund. I can’t work out why this is the only subscription that can’t change across. No other issues, just Avast.

Gazza04Southern and Hills, SA

I don't know if I can trust this mob

Earlier this I took out a subscription to a Premier licence for Avast anti virus software.
Everytime you use the programme & you go from module to module & want to use that Avast want more money.

Well Mr Avast I am not paying more money

LAZA 64

LAZA 64Eyre Peninsula, SA

Not all anti virus are crooks

Recently I checked my paypal account and noticed that a auto payment was coming up for avast anti virus havent used that one for years, I tried to delete it but couldn't, anyway forgot about it with the intention of going back. To my surprise the auto payment out contacted Avast explained that i hadn't used there product for 2 years changed provider due to costs after a bit of haggling going around in circles they finally gave the money back, this is rare so I thought give them a plug, they are expensive but honest, worth mentioning

PaulandJaneasked

Hi folks, I tried the avast antivirus for a bit and simply migrated away, I honestly forget the reason, but today I recieved an email offer from them which I'm considering, if I could attach a screenshot to this question it would be so much easier but I don't think I'll have that option. Does anybody have experience with "avast cleanup" (is an pc optimiser). The offer was 12 months at a 70% reduced rate, I'm not a computer minded sort of bloke, hence I honestly have no idea. The offer is $18 /12 months. At that price I am considering it but be to ask the community, is it worth inviting these people into my home? Will I be paying for the reduced rate in other ways? Does it actually work?

Gazza04

I use Avanced uninstaller. This programme is free & gets into the registery & cleans this out.
Also Ccleaner is another programme I use & cleans out the registery & other things as well. This is also free

PaulandJane

Thanks Gazza. I genuinely appreciate your reaching out and replying to my question.
I hope you have a great day :)

Kim_Butler

Kim_Butlerasked

ongoing subscription is charged at !40 then when I asked for it to be reduced to what was being offered they did refund me but as in previous years I now have to download to get my protection//what is that? then when you try to contact they are very slack....next year I will be going with someone else thats for sure & as above they are always wanting you to upgrade & pay more money..it aint going to happen

Gazza04

I took out subcription with Avast & everytime the programme does a scan they want more money for another modgel & in the end I uninstalled the programme because I don't they were giving me the protection that I paid for.
I tried contacting Avast & they don't answer their phones

Have a look at a programme call Threatfire. I think this is far better than Avast