AVG Antivirus

1.3

ROSS

ROSSSydney, NSW

RIP OFF

I paid seventy dollars for a antivirus that in itself is a total scam, it pulls numbers out of a hat for how many vulnerabilities that you are exposed to when you click to resolve all it transfers you to a page to upgrade and pay more. Don't waste your money ok.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$73.00.

none safe

Not safe to use credit card or to use PAY PAL. withdraw money from your bank account without permission.
PC become heavy , very slow. some tools difficult to remove from PC.

Lee M.

Lee M.Perth, WA

Used expired NAB Card to renew Subscription

Purchased in February 2020 for A$219.95.

Daniel B.

Daniel B.

Be Driven Nuts

Been with AVG now for a decade
The last year has been atrocious , do not know why i meekly
dealt with the daily intrusions with sales pitches and alarms
Avoid , or have them " knocking on your door daily "

Terri

Terri

AVG - doesn't work as purchased, after sales support was non-existent

AVG VPN does not work as intended (settings default back to 'off' so every time I log on, I have to remember to go in and turn it back on - super tedious...).

Then I discover AVG is charging me twice for my internet security software. AVG don't allow reply email (bc they don't want customers to contact them, yet wow are they fast at accessing my credit card).

Long story short, the online chat said said the double up cost is my fault bc I got it wrong (so my cost), even though I explained that I thought I was extending an existing security product (not intending to buy the same thing twice).

After sales support was worse than the problem: AVG is deliberately unhelpful and very obviously didn't care about anything but my credit card.

Purchased in January 2018 at AVG for A$89.00.

Dave

DaveSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

AVG Antivirus charged me $14 on my master card and I didn't make the purchase, what the?

Purchased in January 2017 at Google Store.

Ninoz

NinozPerth, WA

Very hard to uninstall and little better than a virus

We had AVG on my system at work and when we tried to remove it , it took over 3 hrs, very sneaky way of hiding removal tools and leaving a trace on your computer which stopped an important update on my system, i will be warning people of this, Norton and Mcafee are the same. Why would an anti-virus company move there removal link every few hours

Trying to uninstall this freeware was a mission

After AVG clogging up 70% of my CPU's bandwidth i was done with it. After trying to uninstall this for an hour i had to watch a youtube video that advised to boot into safe mode to uninstall it.

xign123

xign123Sydney, NSW

Sketchy

Keeps on installing the browser without my permission. After it is installed, it automatically opens on startup and sets default browser. Even though this program has saved me from a few viruses, it's too much of a headache. Stop forcing your trash extras on me and ill reinstall.

SuBo44

SuBo44AU

Constant pop ups.

I know this is free and it probably does a good job, but it drives me insane. It never stops interrupting what I am doing with messages that my personal details are being collected, or I have malicious viruses etc. which of course I can fix up by buying a subscription. It is incredibly intrusive and I can't find anywhere to turn off these constant ads, because that is what they are, flimsily disguised as warning notices. I am considering uninstalling it. Be aware it will constantly pop up, twice in the last 5 minutes as an example. Very fed up with it.

What an embarrassment.

Engkah

Engkah

Crashed after latest update

Will get Blue Screed of Death after applying latest update, had to uninstall AVG to have the system runs back to normal. Once applied the update it will crash again. Absolute waste of time managing this BSOD, despite being told this issue has been fixed. Decided to move to other provider even my subscription still got months to go.

Stay away.

02tet

02tetcairns

One star is too generous

If you want a great product that does the job you pay it to do, Then stay away from AVG.
I have spent the last 8 hours trying to sort out a 'blue screen of death' after installing an update from these clowns. The only way to sort it out was to uninstall AVG. Had over a year left on subscription,(another one of their shonky business practices), and they're welcome to it. Stay away.

BridgettB.

BridgettB.Hunter Region, NSW

Where is my AVG Paid For.?????Order No.13029377172

I installed and paid for 28/8/2018 AVG now Feb. 7/2019 just nothing but trouble AVG is not doing any thing.i do not use Laptop every day. but cant get AVG toconm up on my Laptop so now it looks as if I have no protection Sooo where is my AVG?????? Regards eileenbric40@gmail.com

Bob

BobNewcastle

Clean

Get message so many aps are running some of the aps i dont even have or ever use if i have .just trying to sell a product by deceit shame

Whatever you do - DO NOT download this program

Graeme

GraemeBega

I'm sorry I can't leave a minus star for VPN

PhilS

PhilSmelbourne

Malware! AVG has become invasive and innapprpriate.

Annethema

AnnethemaLaunceston, TAS

AVG - Basically 'Pesterware'

Quite happy, thanks!