Bellamy's Organic Milk Rusks

Bellamy's Organic Milk Rusks

See the Best Baby Foods in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bellamy's Organic

Rustle ARE rusks

Purchased in March 2021.

Latoya
Latoya Sydney, NSW

Way too hard

I could not even bite the risk with my full mouth of adult teeth! These are way to hard to even chew on and hurt my teeth when trying to break it. I understand that it’s good to not break off in large pieces to reduce the risk of choking, but you would have to suck it for so long to get any of it. I won’t be buying these again

Purchased in May 2021.

kimbopumpkin
kimbopumpkinSydney, NSW

10 month old can't eat them??

I can't understand what is so good about these rusks. We gave our 10 month old baby a piece to try and he tried to bite it but couldn't so kept inching his way up further and further to find a soft spot to cut thru then gave up. We then tried to break it and found it hard as rock!! He already has 4 teeth and we got so worried he would break his teeth trying to eat this. How can this possibly be good for a baby to eat?? I'm currently trying to eat it myself to see how long it takes to dissolve and it is taking AGES and STILL hard as rock?? Are you meant to soak it in some milk or something first??

SedaSydney, NSW

A rusk is a rusk

I purchased these for my 7 month old son when he started teething & He really enjoys them. I don’t think they have any nutritional benefit (in saying that none of the other brands do either). They are good way to introduce finger food as well as teething. They can be a chocking hazard which why it’s really important not to take your eyes off the baby when you give it to them. This isn’t something specific to the bellamys brands, we have had near choke incidents with other brands as well. It’s just the nature of the rusk and once it’s soaked in saliva they tend to be slippery. So use with caution but otherwise they have been fine for us.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Glad to hear such lovely feedback! Please do keep in mind that parental supervision is advised when children are having these.

Kind regards,

Alex
AlexIllawarra, NSW

CHOKING HAZARD BEWARE

They break down and my baby nearly choked 16 months old. There is no way they can be safe as they are hard and when they break down into smaller size after chewing it is a dangerous choking hazard. The dog now loves them.

Purchased in July 2019 for $3.99.

Flipper9
Flipper9Illawarra, NSW

Chocking Hazard

Evan
EvanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great snack

Just purchased these at the chemist warehouse, baby is currently 5 months old, so far he is enjoying it everytime i take it away from him he cries hehe baby keeps sucking so its dissolvable for itchy gums, smells nice too, i would recomend as a first snack. Good buy!! Will try other flavours.

Nardia D.Bellamy's Organic

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Nathan S.29 Dec 2021
the-top-rated-baby-products-of-2022
Cymkyan
CymkyanCanningvale

My baby didn't really like it

When I first gave her the rusk, she was okay with it but very soon got bored of it. She wouldn't eat the remaining rusks and i struggle to finish one pack. I guess it might be too hard. I find that some other brand's baby biscotti was better for her.

lovinit
lovinitVIC, 3136

These are a great product and they are organic. They are wonderful for the teething baby and it keeps them entertained for a while. I would give one to my son for afternoon tea while i got dinner ready and did the dishes and it would last ages.
This product often worked out cheaper than other non-organic brands. My son loved them and would chew for ages on one.
They a wrapped in pairs and my son would never eat two at a time so I would need to store one somewhere for a day or so until he was ready to eat it- but all the brands are the same.

mountainsmum
mountainsmum

NinaJay
NinaJaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good

Like all Bellamy products, you feel reassured that extra attention is paid to have quality ingredients without nasty additives and preservatives.

The packaging is easy and simple and there is no added sugar in these products.

I sometimes feel dubious about 'organic' products but I feel that Bellamy products are 'genuine' and have the best interest of your family in mind.

This product got a lot of use in our household and I think the name is extra cute.
Good quality and hard rusks. I like this company and the fact that there are no additives and preservatives.

My baby seemed to enjoy them too!
None that I know of

sarahwwww
sarahwwww

Good

My baby did get bored after ten minutes with these - but he does that with all rusks. These are his favourites. I love the fact they are organic and have nothing strange in them - only things u can identify on the ingredients.
These are very very hard rusks - have noticed some other brands fall apart and you worry about baby choking. These dont break apart. Baby loved chewing on them for a while. Organic is great and they appear to be very simple ingredients - nothing nasty.
Expensive compared to other brands and to the non-organice varieties on the market.

Gill
Gill asked

My baby gets bored after sometime with these rusks.. I am not sure what to do with rusk - do I discard immediately after each use or I can store in the fridge for 1-2 days.. please advise

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Dear Gill, thank you for your query. Our Milk Rusks are slowly hard baked, making them ideal for your little one to chew during the teething process. Designed so that your baby can bite down hard without cracking or splintering the rusk, they are a great alternative to teething rings because they are made from certified organic natural ingredients. Recommended for children over the age of 6 months. Once your little one has had some time chewing on the rusk it is best to discard.
Kind Regards,
Jacqui

Seda

My son use to do the same, he’d chew and suck on it and throw it after a while. Any left over rusk I discard. As it has been in the mouth and sucked on, it can grow bacteria on it and make your child sick.

Get an answer from our members and Bellamy's Organic representatives