Liesl

LieslSydney, NSW

The commission turned out exactly what I had hoped for

I had contacted Alicia Rogerson (via bluethumb.com.au) because she had done a painting that I liked called "Wonderful Inspiration" - which was of a beautiful young woman with a very inspirational message written into the artwork.

I work as a Kinesiologist and I love having art in my clinic room. I contacted Alicia stating that if she could do a matching image with a young male, I would buy "Wonderful Inspiration" and commission her for its twin.

Alicia was great at communicating all through the process. Sending me preliminary designs. And thankfully she was understanding when my (mild) OCD kicked in around dimensions.

I am really happy with the final design and cannot wait to get it framed and hung up in my clinic room

Mel from Griffin

Mel from Griffin South East Queensland, QLD

A Happy Customer Story

I found a piece of art that really connected with me. It was fairly priced, but the cost was a little more than I could afford upfront, especially at Christmas time, then with back to school costs. Bluethumb and the artist were understanding and agreed to a longer lay-buy, which is now settled. The approach taken by Bluethumb to facilitate the purchase was much appreciated. Their communications and updates are very customer focused. Thanks Bluethumb - I cannot wait to hang my artwork!

C. Copley

C. CopleySouth East Queensland, QLD

I enjoy the artwork every day.

The colours are perfect and the artwork looks just as it did on the website. This is the fifth painting I have collected through Bluethumb and as always the delivery was swift and the packaging sturdy. I enjoy the painting every day.

disappointed Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Horrible business to deal with. Will never purchase again nor recommend to anyone else.

We purchased an artwork at great expense that we did not love and despite their ‘free returns policy’ we’re refused our attempt to return the item. Extremely disappointed.

Lydie Paton

Lydie PatonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A wonderful way to buy and sell art! I would highly recommend trying Bluethumb.

I’m an artist who sells on Bluethumb. I’ve always found it a wonderful way to sell paintings! I also love buying artworks too and twice I’ve purchased paintings through Bluethumb, both times this has been a seamless and easy process. I highly recommend trying Bluethumb and if feeling unsure about anything then reach out to any of the helpful and friendly staff! They’re all excellent!

View

ViewCentral West, NSW

Great way to support our talented artists

I've bought a few pieces from the Bluethumb website. All came with a certificate of authenticity and a note from the artists. I can't go to gallery openings and I love supporting our local artists, so it is great to be able to see as many as possible on one website.

Leila

Leila Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Beautiful

Jane Gimme is an amazing artist. Every time I look at her painting I see something different. It’s an emotionally charged and visually rich representation of the Aboriginal art. I love it!

It gives me great pleasure to look at my art every day.

We bought our first John Campbell painting in 2005 and this year bought two more. John is unique and imaginative and his art always tells a beautiful story.

silvia a.

silvia a.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great range, it's always tempting to get one more!

I purchased several prints and one canvas and I am very happy with them. They add vibrancy to my walls and I enjoy them very much.

Jo Gosper

Jo GosperRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Joseph Villanueva, you rock!

Joseph recently painted a commission for me (Tasman Lily Pond 40). He was so patient, listened to what I wanted, size, orientation and even matched colours that I sent him. The finished product is just perfect! It's exactly what I wanted and I can't recommend him enough. My daughter is tickled pink - it was a joint effort with what she loved too and we both are so happy with it. I will definitely be following Joseph's future work. The framing is exactly what I wanted and the painting itself was wrapped to be bombproof. Bluethumb, you make the buying experience so easy. I'll definitely buy more in future.

A beautiful asset

I have bought 4 Paintings in the last 3months. I love each one. All are a great asset to my home. Bluethumb have a wonderful range of Art. The website is easy to navigate. The service and delivery are excellent.

Set

SetGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Santorini 1

We fell in love with the artwork and on receipt it looks even better than in photos. The framing is done well and beautifully compliments the piece. The process wa super easy and faster than imagined. Thanks to Konstantinos and bluethumb!

Dale R.

Dale R.Holt 2615, ACT

I love my James Needham piece, 'man's best friend.'

I love my James Needham piece. It's beautiful and a conversation starter. Thanks James Needham and Bluethumb. I'm very happy with my growing collection.

Jessicac

JessicacNew South Wales

Perfect

I can not recommend bluethumb enough i found 3 beautiful pieces of art from 3 extremely talented artist at a great price. The whole process was really easy and the staff at bluethumb are extremely helpful.

Jodie F.

Jodie F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Original Artwork.. The perfect present for your home

Finally, after years of searching I found the perfect piece on Bluethumb. The artwork arrived, perfectly wrapped and I couldn't be happier. I am now looking for another piece. Highly recommend dealing with this gallery.

Team BluethumbBluethumb

Thank you so much, Jodie. We're very happy we could be a part getting you the perfect piece for your home (and hopefully more) :)

Your team at Bluethumb

A team that cares

Constantly demonstrating deep respect and genuine empathy to both the artists and collectors. Always adding relevant options on their site, showing their thorough understanding & passion for the art industry. Wonderful to work with.

Polly123

Polly123South East Queensland, QLD

Beautiful piece of art

This is my fifth purchase from Bluethumb Art and I love each and every piece.
This is an outstanding company with amazing talent of artists to choose from.
With my last purchase, the artist dropped the painting off to me, so a bonus to meet the artist behind the art

International Shipping Practices Problematic

Broc

BrocSydney, NSW

Bluethumb is the best we have come across

When we bought our new house, we want to stop buying prints and invest in art / paintings that were original and we would keep forever. We now have 5 paintings we have purchased from Bluethumb and plenty more we have our eye on. Their service is second to none and have an amazing selection of artists and it’s so easy to navigate based on every option you can think of.

Ned R.

Ned R.Sydney, NSW

Good art and even better prices....

I am so far very pleased with my 3 purchases from Bluethumb.

Great customer service to back up a great range of art at very affordable prices and don't forget you can make use of Artmoney for a more expensive, special piece.

Tilli

Tilliasked

I would like to know how other artist have found the payment for work sold process. I sold a work which was delivered and signed for on 14th May 2019 and have not yet received payment on 29th May. By my reckoning I should have been paid on 23rd May, a designated Bluethumb 'payday'. I have not been paid and there is more that $1000 at stake. I am not sure if Bluethumb really understand that artists depend on timely payments to keep their practice viable and alive. I want to believe the administrators care about the artists they represent, but am getting mixed signals. This latest stuff-up has created real hardship, not to mention the energy and time consuming distraction of chasing a payment. In my experience Art Lovers, StateoftheArt etc. treat their artists as partners i.e. real people. Does Bluethumb really do the same?

Team BluethumbBluethumb

Hi Tilli, Ed here one of the co-founders of Bluethumb. Yes we've worked hard for many years to build strong partnerships with our artists and to be like a second home. So we pay artists on time and make every effort to do it as smoothly as possible. Two things (1) if you request join our artists Facebook group you can get answers to all sorts of questions like this directly from artists using Bluethumb. (2) Also if you email in the details of this sale please to help@bluethumb.com.au I can look into this for you. Thanks, Ed.

Monikka

Monikkaasked

How do we know this site is legitimate? I have searched for the awards it claims and I've attempted to subscribe to the newsletter and got ambushed by nuisance spin wheels. The artists I like cannot be found elsewhere on the net.

Sharon A

Your experience with Bluethumb sounds very different to mine. I have subscribed to their emails and I continue to receive these newsletters regularly. The artists that I have found on Bluethumb and then searched for have websites. However, Bluethumb does support young artists so some may not be found elsewhere online. Having purchased from Bluethumb I do not doubt their legitimacy. The transaction was organised, professional and efficient. I am very happy with the artwork that I purchased and I would happily buy art from Bluethumb again.

Sheeraz H
Sheeraz H

Hi Monikka,

Sheeraz here from Bluethumb.

Were you able to subscribe to our newsletters? It sounds very strange that you were hit with spammy emails when you tried to subscribe. I'm happy to have a look and make sure you're subscribe to our weekly newsletters and nothing more. If it's easier, you can reach me at sheeraz@bluethumb.com.au or help@bluethumb.com.au anytime :)

Hoping to speak soon,
Sheeraz

Annie

Annieasked

As an artist is this a good site?

Sharon A

As I am not an artist I cannot answer your question from an artist's perspective. However, as as a buyer of art for the purpose of enjoyment and decoration in my home I can answer you. Having come across Bluethumb during a Google search I was very pleasantly surprised by the website. The site is well organised and easy to use. It offers a range of art that is different from the mass produced prints that are available on so many sites. I was happy that it was an Australian company which gave me the confidence to buy from it. As a customer my purchase and delivery were prompt and efficient. The painting was packaged with care and looked exactly as depicted on the site. I was impressed with the choice of Australian artists on the site. I will buy from Bluethumb again as I was so impressed with the experience and the art available through Bluethumb. I hope this helps!

Hi Annie,

I do realise that this answer is over 2 years late :) and you might've already found an answer.

I think the best way to ask this directly to thousands of artists who've been using Bluethumb for years now. We have a fb group for artists and you can join and ask you questions - https://www.facebook.com/groups/BluethumbArtistsGroup/

At any point, if you need any clarification or have any concerns, please feel free to reach out to help@bluethumb.com.au.

Thanks,
Sheeraz

Artist
Artist

No - it is atrocious - treats artists like cattle, takes a huge commission, and only promotes "decorative" wall art. I have sold over 120 paintings over 4 years mostly through ebay and Etsy but also through ArtLovers Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Bluethumb representatives