BMW 3 Series

Sedan, Touring, Coupe, etc...

• Braking
  • Comfort
  • Features
Dissapointed
DissapointedSydney, NSW

Fantastic drive, looks great, iconnect could be better

I have now had the car for over 18 months. Everything about the vehicle as a vehicle is quite fantastic. I am somewhat disappointed with the remote electronics. I owned the vehicle for 3 months before the remote systems worked! But as a drive, fantastic. But the remotes don't perform all that well. The car gets lost to the BMW internet system all too soon after leaving the metropolitan area. Odd occurrence of quirky unexplained operations of electronic systems inside the vehicle takes the shine of the otherwise perfect vehicle. Buy it for the way it drives, not the electronics. In country drives I get 5.5litre/ 100km, how fantastic is that!

Purchased in May 2019 at BMW Hornsby for $75,000.00.

Mr T
Mr TSydney, NSW

BMW won't help with a faulty airbag

After a BMW recall to fix the airbag in 2019 the airbag light has come on yet BMW won't review the fault without getting paid a substantial amount. I have heard on many instances of this occurring. BMW has continued to not take responsibility for faulty airbags which have been well documented as being a manufacturing issue. BMW product backing is extremely disappointing and will destroy their resale value if they continue down this path. BMW shame on you.

Purchased in July 2001 at BMW Dealers for $75,000.00.

Dan U.
Dan U.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst car I have ever purchased.

I picked up my 2020 BMW 340 Xdrive in March 2020. With the lockdowns in Melbourne - car has only done 3000Km in 8.5 months. During that time the car has been back for repairs than its been anywhere else.
1. Assisted Driving system failed while doing 100km on M1. Car went across 2 lanes.
2. Computer goes offline
3. Assisted parking system keeps failing and throwing errors
4. Rattling sunroof
None of these issues were fixed. BMW keeps reloading the software and handing it back saying its fixed. As a consumer of BMW, you have no other choice but to keep going back to them to get the car fixed. Right now they have had the car for 2 weeks and still no idea on when it will be fixed.
Terrible service, terrible product.

Purchased in March 2020 at BMW Dealers for $119,000.00.

Aidan
Aidan

Lovely

A very sleek stylish and comfortable car best feature adjustable height so if too tall it's a perfect car for you while also providing comfort and extremely well gas mileage

Purchased in October 2019.

Josh
JoshCanberra 2600, ACT

Class leading model with impressive technology.

The new 3 series truly sets the bar for its class and segment. I have enjoyed over 8 months of ownership and there isn’t one thing I could fault nor any issues I’ve faced. The 330i has fantastic power and fuel economy - getting around 850km to a tank and that includes some spirited driving too. The technology that’s bundled as standard is first rate with much of it found only as ‘optional extras’ on the competition (A4, C Class). In a segment that’s shrinking (mid-size luxury sedans) giving a rise to SUV’s, I’m content and glad I made this purchase and wouldn’t consider anything else.

Purchased in July 2019.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
A. Romano
A. RomanoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ultimate driving Machine

I have been driving BMW CARS for the last 20 years & the 340i is definitely the best 3 series they have produced, it has performance when you need , & economy when driving it like a normal car I bought this BMW as a demo with 3000km & it does not miss a beat, so far it has been the most reliable BMW I have owned with the best performance . If it's a sports car you are after the BMW340I will not disappoint, a true performance vehicle.

Purchased in August 2017.

Sean WSydney, NSW

Best car yet

After 20 years of Australia V8 Holdens bought a 340i Manual M Sport
With the power and sound kit from BMW.
The speed of the V8
300% better handling than any of my HSV's
The only thing missing is the V8 sound that's missed big time0:-(.. The 3.0L 6cylinder undoubtedly best sounding 6.
When driven like an old man uses fuel as claimed than a Toyota Yaris.
Led adaptive headlights, YouTube to understand as incredible , computer controlled lights turn and allows high beam with a car in front shielded.
Too many options.
Electric blinds in rear windows.

$1290 for 5 years servicing. Cheapest car ever.

Purchased in January 2016 at BMW Dealers for $99,000.00.

IBB
IBBMelbourne Victoria

Service plan 330i

Anyone had an issue where the purchase contract states a service plan of 10years/100,000km but in the BMW system, it is only recorded as 3yrs/60,000km's. Thats the case I have. The dealer acknowledges it should be for 10years, but keeps saying, they are working with Munich to resolve some issue about the code they should use. From Waverley BMW

Purchased in December 2018 at BMW Dealers for $1.00.

ghostwhowalks
ghostwhowalks

Put off BMW for life

Purchased in February 2017 for $5,000.00.

Michael
MichaelHunter Region, NSW

BMW 2009 320d E90 turbo diesel automatic sedan

Purchased in April 2017.

Bmwfan
BmwfanWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great car if properly maintained, not suggested for winter

Purchased in September 2015 at Family.

RW1891
RW1891Sydney Surrounds, NSW

320d Luxury Line - Excellent Drive!

Badge320d
LineLuxury
Date PurchasedJan 2018
Larry
Larry

car Does 5.2 litres for 100kilometres. Car is smoothe and is an excellent vehicle on both highway an

Commuting and long distance. Used every day. Service is done as per recommendation. No issues with car. Comfortably seats 4 people. Large boot. Good vision and has parking assist. Paintwork seems far superior to other luxury cars the same age. Very good car for a female also. 5out of 5.

Badge320d
LineLuxury
Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Chris
ChrisSyd

The best car you can have

I had just recently sold my 2012 BMW 328i and I can’t stress how much I miss it. The infotainment system of it is so intuitive and the driving experience is just a notch better than all other cars that are in the class with it, I know it is not as good as the good old E46 or E90, but it is still considerably better than other cars by miles. Writing this review makes me miss it more. Wish to see it around the city one more time. And the maintenance for the car is about right if you do not go to a dealership, BMR is where I would recommend. Best car you can ever get.

Badge328i
LineHigh-Line Luxury
Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Girish
GirishNSW, 2132

It is an absolutely beautiful car

I have 330i series BMW 2016 model with innovation and luxury offers put together in a Tanzanite color. My car was manufactured for me as there was no car available to my requirement. It took 6 months to manufacture and deliver it. I love this car and find its navigation and display in the windscreen extremely useful and convenient.

Badge330i