Brother 2340CV

Brother 2340CV

Removing fabric difficulties. Servicing problem.

Have had my cover stitch 2340CV for a few years. Seems that no one is able to service correctly particularly the tension, usually takes me months of fiddling and manipulation to get it back to being able to use somewhat on stretch & knit fabrics. The service people demonstrate on thicker fabric with little if any stretch. Removing the fabric after stitching is a lengthy, user unfriendly process - good demonstrations found on line - but still a difficult, time consuming and not a neat process. I could not recommend this cover stitch machine. I wonder how loulou121 is going with her machine 12 month on?

Easy to Use & Great Results

A coverstitch only machine was one of those things that was on my 'nice to have but not necessary' list, so of course it makes it on to my Christmas list and I received one this year! I can see this revolutionising my sewing of stretch and knit fabrics, and no longer will hemming be the chore that it was!
I found this machine really easy to set up, thread and operate. It is very intuitive and appears to be sturdy and well built. The first thing I did was hem a pair of child's tracksuit pants that I was shortening with a double row of stitching. I just put it on average tension (ie no fidding around or practise first), and it was a perfect result!
If you want a simple, easy to operate machine, then look no further.