4.1

• Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
RLM

RLMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Untrustworthy and horrible to deal with

Rates and Fees

Great outcome for our family

We are delighted with our renovation! The build process was excellent and our project manager, Tony went out of his way to make the process smooth for us. The quality of the work is high and the tradies that they engage were very professional.
We were really pleased with the final design though it took some time to get it right. However, we did not find that the town planning stage went well. There were delay in getting responses from Cameron’s and on occasion the focus seemed to be on getting planning approval as quickly as possible rather on getting an outcome we were happy with.

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
Karen

KarenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy with our extension

Cameron Construction designed and built a second storey extension on our home and we are very happy with it. A special thank you to Tony the project manager and carpenters Nick and Dean. Very skilled, hardworking and lovely blokes. In fact all the tradies were top notch. There were some delays (this company seems very busy and we sometimes had to share our team with other customers) - but it was all manageable and communication was good. We were in safe hands and are very pleased with the result.

Amandine D.

Amandine D.Melbourne

Very good end result

Jess

JessReservoir

Expert on extension

We have done an extension on an old house. Cameron site manager tried very hard to find the exact match of bricks and tiles. When it was done, everything was matched up and it looked amazing, couldn't be happier. We lived in the house when the extension, their trades were very thoughtful and cleaned up almost every day, very minor impact on our normal life. It looked like they worked with old house a lot, they gave us some good advice on how to upgrade our storm water system. It was a please to deal with Cameron.

Zac

ZacMelbourne

Quality work

Recently undergone upper storey extension with Cameron construction. Happy with the quality of the finished product.Being able to live in the house while undergoing renovation was also a bonus. One stop shop from planning to construction completion.

Pleasure to deal with & top workmanship

The guys always turned up on time and have positive & professional attitudes! Couldn't ask for anything more. Their workmanship was constantly praised by other trades that came onsite. Most importantly, no request was ever too hard, a real can do attitude.

Josh

RahulAU

Quality Builders - pleasure to deal with

Undergoing a major renovation can be a nightmare. There are horror stories galore - unfinished work, builders running away with your money and shoddy workmanship. Not with Cameron. Their work was supreme. Their tradies were courteous (especially the builder and tiler). They completed ahead of time and all whilst we lived inside the house. Without a doubt, we would recommend Cameron Constructions. Need more information? Email us at telephoneno@gmail.com

Rahul

Most important was the architect John Redpath. Call him first.

wendy2756

wendy2756

Large Second Storey Addition

We extended our single storey home to a double storey. We relied totally on Cameron Construction for the Project Management of a myriad of services including plans, design, decoration, builders, plumbers, electricians, plasterers and others which is a mammoth task in itself. The workers were each individually professional, competent and a delight to deal with. Our home is really well built, solid and beautifully finished. We are very proud of it and would certainly use Cameron Construction again for large projects. The key strengths of our experience lay in regular and extensive communication, and flexibility, always with a quality outcome being the focus.

Juliet

JulietMelbourne

Pro-active and good communication

Excellent after sales service

Cameron Construction completed our large extension in 2009, after a build that lasted around 1 year. They were very flexible in constructing the extension around us, rather than us having to move out into rental accommodation, which we very much appreciated. Our on-site supervisor Robin Otto, consulted well with us during the various stages of the building process, and he was always very professional and approachable, especially in dealing with any issues as they arose. What has been most impressive though, is the on-going and prompt after sales support/advice we continue to receive. It has been a very worthwhile quality investment.

VivaMexicoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Professional Service.

We used Cameron Construction to demolish the back of the house, and build a new open plan living space. All work was completed to a very good standard, and our inquiries were handled in a professional and courteous manner.

Tony and Sandra

Tony and SandraMelbourne

Parents retreat

Linda

Linda

Best thing we ever did

Mark

MarkReservoir

Great from start to finish.....

Clare

ClareReservoir

A pleasure to do business with

Cameron Constructions built our second story extension in March 2014. Throughout the process we had contact with a large team of their employees. ALL of whom were helpful and accommodating. From the office, sales and design team right through to the contractors who were on site to complete the build.
They completed our project well inside time and absolutely to our satisfaction.
Cameron Constructions were professional, helpful, skilled and client focused.
We are now one year on from the start of our build and have had not a single issue. I wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend their work.

Lauren

Lauren

Not a great experience for us unfortunately

Our beautiful double storey extension, which won the 2014 HIA under $300,000 renovation award!

L & M

L & Mglen iris

Very poor communication, poor customer service, extremely slow...

Excellent service. Professional and listened to my concerns and ideas

I had [name removed] come to our house recently to discuss an extension. He answered many questions I had and it helped me understand what my options and limitations were. Excellent service.
Your entire team has been very professional when I have spoken to them, and I have certainly noticed it in comparison to other companies I have spoken to. Well done.

SM85

SM85asked

Cameron Construction

How expensive are these guys? I want to add on a kitchen, living and dining room to the back of my house!

Max Howe
Max Howe

????

Adam

Adamasked

Cameron Construction

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has had a similar experience to the 2 very bad reviews on this site. Has anyone lodged a complaint?

VivaMexico

I only had minor issues with the quality of work that was easily rectified, but the project that should have taken 6 months to complete took almost 2 years, and I incurred additional cost. Cameron Construction is like any other company that accepts more work than its in house workforce can handle, its project managers are overstretched and they have to use more subcontractors than they would probably like. Advice that I give about Cameron Construction holds true with whoever you use. 1. Before receiving a quote decide on exactly what you want done right down to all the fixtures. Do not allow them to sell you the idea that you can make changes later because the mark up is huge and it never ends well. 2. Ensure that the schedule of payment does not result in paying large amounts up front as that acts as a disincentive to get things done by the builder, and can create issues with your lender. Ensure that the final settlement amount is of some substance 3. Constantly inspect work and get things rectified as they happen, and harass them if nothing has been done. 4. Ensure that there are penalty clauses for not completing work on time without unreasonable caveats, and I am talking about cash deductions from the final settlement amount. I would probably have the penalty escalate as time passes 5. If I had my time again, in the contract I would supply as much ‘post lock up stage’ material as possible and have the builder just provide the trades. 6. Depending on the cost and what you need done, having your own project manager to deal with the builder is probably a good idea.

Get an answer from our members and Cameron Construction representatives