CGU Workers Compensation

CGU Workers Compensation

CGU workcover victim

CGU workcover destroy people. If I don't survive this battle it will be at the hands of CGU.
As if the work accident that took my work and changed my life for the worse wasn't enough I have to fight and fight for what I deserve. This battle is an uneven fight.

Oke
Oke
Care TeamCGU

Hi Oke, as I said I appreciate how difficult it can be because I know that all those issues you have listed are possible. If you are using a desktop computer you should under the banner video a blue rectangle/bar that says "Send Message." ~ Jono

LawrieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

AVOID AT ALL COSTS - The worst!

5 months and two surgeries after breaking my leg at work I have still not received a single cent for my out of pocket expenses from CGU... neither has my employer. They owe him $25k! Every time I inquire (more than 10 times now) they bring up some new form or process they want me to complete. It's a case of CGU moving the goalposts constantly. Even their internal complaints line have failed to call me back when promised.

The single worst Insurance company around. And that's really saying something!

Lawrie

Get things sorted? HA! What? Five months later... What a joke!

Care TeamCGU

The offer to help will always be there Lawrie if you change your mind. ~ Jono

Damien

DamienGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Mine story takes the cake...

A lot of reviews on here are saying how corrupt IMEs are and how they are in CGUs pocket.

Well I have 7 favourable IME reports (2 from my side and 5 from their side) - who all say the same thing and confirm a workplace injury with indefinite no work capacity - and they still refuse to accept the claim.

How can you deal with a company this corrupt?

BryceMelbourne

CGU pushed me to breaking point..

Bryce

I deleted Facebook because your team were monitoring my account. I've been affected in every way by your team's actions, this is purely a warning to others. No amount of compensation will heel my scars, you would understand if you personally met me

Joe DivitaMelbourne

Shame

Knee injury at work.
Cgu wouldn’t come to the party with my surgeon.
Went to medical panel.
Cgu wouldn’t give orthroscopy on my partners knee .
Lost her job after 12 mths
2.5 years later finally got surgery and there as a significant tare.
All that pain and suffering for a pathetic system.
Medical panel are corrupt as Cgu.

Joe Divita

Ye you can now she had her surgery cgu Won’t pay her while she’s on rehabilitation. Pathetic

Care TeamCGU

Hey Joe, did you get back to us on Facebook with the details of this claim? If so, please come back to us there so we can follow up with the correct team. Thanks Joe. ~Jamie

THE Federal Government of Australia

Incompetence

My claim has been with CGU for 5 weeks with no decision. In 5 weeks all they have done is take my witness statement and request medical information. My work says they have no contact since initial acknowledgement of claim and no witnesses have been contacted. Staff give misinformation and conflicting information and wont tell you what they are doing to progress the claim. Have had to go to work cover for assistance. No complaints section for WA apparently so cant even lodge a complaint about their staff. Staff were unhelpful - even to CGU staff from other states trying to get contact details for a complaints section. Appalling treatment of people. Doing everything to delay and prevent payment.

Dirty Tactics

kathy

kathyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Lost my job

I was injured in the workplace I have been an employee at Mcains foods since 1975. I injured my knee in an area that had been reported as a high risk nothing was done I became injured and have injured my right knee before this was an aggravation of an old injury they denied the claim and I have waited just on 12 months to get my knee operated on. I'm not the first one for this to happen but see I'm the Ohs officer and I reported this the pictures that were submitted were doctored up Cgu workers insurance have a history of knocking back claims for necks shoulders and knees because there a part of the body that takes a long time to heal no such thing as caring for injured workers they cost me my job.

Sneaky company

I highly discourage anyone from even making an inquiry with CGU.
All I did was inquire (Through a third party I might add) and without a single signature or commitment of any kind I was locked into a 12 month insurance contract. Despite several attempts to resolve I was told I had to pay the full 12 months upfront or have the account sent to a debt collector.

All after only an inquiry. So now I'm FORCED to pay over $1700 for a service I didn't sign up to, only inquired about.

Its a Disgusting and sneaky way to treat POTENTIAL customers.

emma

emmaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Years of more stress and pain inflicted by CGU to serious and liability confirmed worker injury

4 Independent assessments suggested MORE treatment - they pay for less. They lie, switch case managers when you prove their lies ( im on to 6th in 3 years) Nothing is processed without several emails and phone calls. CGU incompetence makes me take time off work and makes me physically sick with stress as they promise payment and then no delivery. This is NO WAY to treat injured workers they sell insurance that people cant claim . They just want patients to go away.
Incredible level of incompetency if management are aware they should be fired.
If they are unaware they should be fired.
Or injured and made to use CGU process as a customer.

Absolute Criminals

Accepted liability for injury yet still refused to pay!!!

Hubby had a work injury that cost us approx 30k. Cgu accepted liability but refused to pay and declared they owed us a total of $114 !!!! They never return calls or emails. Lie. Fail to to comply with mandatory deadlines. And as yet have not even paid the $114 they decided they owed

Robyn

Robyn

These reviews help others.

Hearing how others have been treated is very helpful to those struggling with ill health and then the claims process. Thank you to those who take the time to share their problems and painful experiences. The recent report from the Victorian Ombudsman is also very helpful in setting out the sorts of distressing problems that can arise. I hope that information will reduce any damage done by the claims process.

Amit

Amit

Don't do mistake by choosing this cgu

Very bad bad bad bad horrible experience with cgu and their staff. Government should closed this company I closed my policy last year and still looking for money. ☹☹

can not beleive what they have done

My wife is having the same problem as osd , were paying compo and for all treatment ,then all a a sudden they decided to get a so called INDEPENDENT DOCTOR to access her ,out come from report , nothing wrong with her , and they have stopped all payment and treatment ,( scans must tell liars?) still ongoing with lawyers.

OzD Australia

OzD AustraliaMelbourne

Treated like a number and determined to get you off their books

Couldn't care less about your health or well-being.

Ellie S.

Ellie S.asked

CGU won't even accept a claim I have had lodged, it is the second claim I have made form same employer.
its been 28 days and now I will lodge another conciliation form. what is the issue?? not even initial acknowledgement!!!

Joe Divita

Go see Mairice and black burn tac denied my claim. Maurice Blackburn got it through at reservoir branch

Care TeamCGU

HI Ellie, sorry to hear your claim hasn't been accepted. Can you please send us a PM on Facebook by heading to https://www.facebook.com/cguinsurance/ and let us know you've come from Product Review so we can escalate it further. ~Natalie

Elle M.

Elle M.asked

IME, apparently stands for an independent medical examiner. Don't be fooled, it really stands for INSURANCE medical examiner. Paid massive amounts purely to decline a claim. One easy way to sort these clowns once and for all. Most of these examiners have only ever done these assessments their whole career. That wouldn't really class them as qualified in a field. Most are old and have not done any further study in many years. They are insurance companies henchmen.
The whole system is designed to help them pocket bonuses, with there end goal you give up or you end up in the ground. If you can handle losing all you have after the 3 SSS (stave, stall, settle). You will finally see them in court with their tales between their legs.
It's only a matter of time that the rude awakening comes back to bite you CGU. People seem to think Work Safe is there to help, guess again. Just big brother to the corrupt 5 insurance companies. Maybe one day soon, someone will give you a lesson that changes it all and tips the favour for injured workers.

Joe Divita

CGU are scammers. My partner has been fighting to get knee surgery for 2 years . Cgu kept rejecting her surgeons recommendations and had to go medical board and there under the pay packet of cgu saying her knee was ok because scans didn’t show much. Cgu medical examiners saying her knees fine and didn’t happen at work when it did . Knee swallon sore getting worse.
Such a corrupt system not caring about injured workers . She lost her job.
Then 2.5 years later after lawyers finally got surgery and there was large tear. Now there not paying for her to recover and now another hall of conciliation and medical board and more. Stress . Its a system that’s so corrupt that it keeps everyone in a job. And Worksafe support are so corrupt that they don’t fight for you against cgu

Care TeamCGU

Hi Elle, we appreciate important feedback such as this and would very much like to follow up with you to address your concerns. Could you please use this link https://www.facebook.com/cguinsurance/ to Private Message us your name, DOB, policy number and the state your work was based in and we will arrange for someone from our Workers Compensation Claims team to contact you and help you with your claims complaint. ~ Jono

Get an answer from our members and CGU representatives

CategoryServices