Choices Flooring Questions & Answers

Carpet Flooring, Vinyl Flooring, Laminate Flooring, etc...

11 questions from our users

Suzie L.

Suzie L.asked

Choices Flooring Carpet Flooring

Which type of dark carpet will be best for everyday use all through the home. We want it to last a long time, be easy to clean, & soft underfoot. Thanks.

Bev.asked

Choices Flooring

I had a floating floor installed last year by the local Choices shop and the installers did a beautiful job so naturally I went back to the same shop to arrange for vinyl flooring to be installed in my kitchen/dining area. However later that evening after the vinyl was installed I noticed a very small pice of the top layer of the vinyl was missing, about the size of a piece of confetti. My son also showed me where the installer had patched an area between the dining area and the living room. The vinyl was wide enough that this should not have needed to be done. I contacted the shop and the manager inspected the vinyl and agreed with me the whole floor needed to be replaced as the hole was a manufacturing problem. Since then he is now saying heavy furniture must have been dragged on the fllor but this did not happen plus the hole is very neat and does not have the look of a rip. He is saying the layer is a liar and is responsible. My contract is with the shop only. They have a contract with the supplier and the layer, not me. I have studied consumer law in an admin degree so know my rights. I want this matter settled to my satisfaction. Could you pleas give me a phone number too speak to someone please?

Trish
Trish

Hi Bev the only contact Number I had was the shop number so I can’t really help you sorry.

Bev.

I thought that the head office of Choices would have a phone number I could ring to discuss this problem. I understand the business I dealt with is a franchise so surely Head Office have some say in how each individual shop deals with customer complaints. I will take the matter further if this is not resolved.

Hi Bev,

Please advise which store location you were dealing with so we can get the store to contact you direct.

Kind Regards,

Choices Flooring - Central Office

Lisa P.asked

Choices Flooring

Why are the quotes not broken down with pricing? The quotes only name the type of flooring and then have a total? I have received some quotes for carpet and Vinyl as we are building a house. I was quoted the same for all vinyl and 3 bedrooms of carpet and vinyl throughout the house????? Not sure how they work out the quotes??? Can anyone let me know? Thanks

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Hi Lisa, please advise which store you are dealing with? It does sound strange that the carpet and vinyl prices were exactly the same. Thanks, Choices Flooring Head Office.

Lisa P.

East Maitland. I would have just liked it all broken down.

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Thanks Lisa. Please advise your full name so I am able to contact the store.
Kind Regards,

Geeperkasked

Choices Flooring

Is there a head office phone number or email address where I can contact regarding installation and quality issues with new carpets (installed in January)?

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Hi, please call (03) 9850 9311 and ask to speak to a product representative. Thanks, Choices Flooring Marketing.

Geeperk

Very disappointed with after sales service, Choices sells an inferior product but then fobs you off to manufacturer to sort problem out...and lo and behold the manufacturer says there is nothing wrong with the product,... it seems the carpet is supposed to fade and the amount of compression and unraveling of pile seen within 4 months of installation is normal. Ooops forget to mention.....which I wasn't told I was only suppose to use a particular brand of vacuum cleaner, If I had known all of this I wouldn't have never a) bought the carpet b) set foot into Choices.

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Could you please advise which store you purchased your carpet from? This will allow us to follow up with the store. Kind Regards, Choices Flooring Marketing.

Rose

Roseasked

Choices Flooring

Please tell me can I make a complaint about a Choices Flooring completed job? I have already spoken to owner/manager of the store who said the problem created by the tiler is unfixable.

Rose

Roseasked

Choices Flooring

Choices Flooring store manager told me there is no choice but to use metal edge on internal doorway after laying vinyl tiles. Is that true? Or can wood dowel material be used instead to avoid feet being cut by sharp edges when the product does not sit flat because of the uneven floor?

Rosie,

I have checked with our product manager and he is happy to chat to you about your issue: 03 9850 9311 - Ask for Terry Triggs.

Thanks,

Ingrid

**********************************

Hi Ingrid,

There is not a clear cut answer to Rose’s question. What has to be taken in to account is the subfloor and if vinyl tile is butting up to another flooring category that has a height variance. The sales consultant might have suggested the trim to be used is a Ripple Trim, which is metal cover plate with a design finish (ripples). Depending on the “other” category a tile trim can be used, which has a seamless edge.

As mentioned, there are to many variables. Maybe have Rose ring me directly

Cheers

Terry

kathyasked

Choices Flooring

I would like to know where to put in a complaint about very shabby service from a Choices store in NSW

Choices FlooringChoices Flooring

Hi Kathy, can you please send us a private message regarding your complaint and also include your contact details? Thanks, Choices Flooring.

kathy

I am unsure if an address to voice my concerns regarding my experience at a Choices flooring store. I have been unable to find an email address and was wondering do I send my complaint through this site.

Jim
Jim

The official choices rep on here seemed keen to hear our side of things too when the Nunawading store stopped corresponding when they wouldnt fix their mistakes but unfortunately the marketing team also went AWOL

evelyne

evelyneasked

Choices Flooring

What is the best vinyl planks?

Khal Sadiqasked

Choices Flooring

Does anyone have the name, number, email address of someone at head office that i can call directly?

Thanks in advance

K

Andrea
Andrea

I messaged choices on Facebook. I did eventually get a call back from someone in marketing. Unfortunately they weren't able to help as the store manager just gave another excuse for not replacing floor. They suggested I go to VCAT which I didn't think was worth doing for a little bit of floor

Khal Sadiq

Thanks Andrea for your response.

Dazasked

Choices Flooring

Anyone had any dramas with the Genero Clic planks?

J Terry
J Terry

No we have only purchased carpet from Choices.

Sorry we can't be more helpful.

BigMatt
BigMatt

Yes, I had 80m2 laid in our house 18 months ago, and we have had issues since the day it was laid. It is extremely noisy to walk on it sounds hollow , all the planks have cupped upwards and the floor has shrunk and cracks have opened up. Choices flooring have said it is a product fault and the manufacturer polyflor won't even send a technician to have a look.
Stay away from Genero click , choices flooring and any polyflor products.

Daz

Hi Bigmatt, we have the same issue. We are getting a new floor now. You need to get Choices to come out and sort yours out too! They have taken this product off their shelves now.

Graham Peter

Graham Peterasked

Choices Flooring

Hello,starting up a daycare centre for dogs and would like to no the best flooring surface.Have looked on google vinly & rubber surfaces keep coming up,will they be durable and water proof?If any one has experience in this subject and nos name of any products out their on the market?
Cheers,Graham

Dale White
Dale White

I hope you have found out your answer by now Graham. We know that the vinyl clic floor boards are certainly waterproof and the maker guarantees that as it can be laid in laundry areas where laminate cannot be guaranteed in such areas. Rubber might be better but I hav no knowledge of that.

Get an answer from our members and Choices Flooring representatives