Citibank Online Saver

1.3

DLee

DLee

Introductory rate not honoured

Be wary of the advertising of the promotional rate.

I specifically signed up for the Citibank online savings account because they advertised a promotional rate of 3.4% for 4 months. However after one month it dropped to 3.05% and now 3%. When I wrote to complain about the change in rate and not honouring their advertised special, I was basically told rate changes were in the conditions. Therefore i didn't pay sufficient enough attention to the long list of conditions. If the bank advertises a rate for a promotional period they should honour it. Be warned. Mauro

Incompetence

I deposited a large sum of money (some $200k). When I eventually needed it, in the transfer they lost my money for some 10 days. Their phone personnel are uniformly incompetent, and their systems are the same. When the money eventually turned up (after many phone calls and stress), they didn't bother to pay any interest for the time they had "lost" the money in their system.

I have also had similar bad experiences with their call centre when I had a Citibank Visa credit card. I had hoped their phone personnel would have improved since the early 2000's, but clearly not.

Incredible levels of incompetence for a financial institution. Bad call centre.

Savings Accounts